Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2022, 10:26   #3511
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
when I said I know about the issue and I will email NEXA/Maruti if you don't acknowledge the problem, then his tone changed and he called his senior to double-check the steering wheel issue who acknowledged in one Go.
He told me that the part is not readily available and he will order it. Provided me with a timeline of a week after which he called me and changed the part.
This is super helpful. I have asked the service centre to request approval from Maruti under goodwill. And, I have also emailed Nexa about the same. Fingers crossed.
Old 24th March 2022, 13:11   #3512
BHPian

Update: I had emailed Maruti customer care, they seem to be washing their hands off by saying that the car has crossed 5 years and they cannot replace defective steering column part for free and are encouraging me to go for paid repair. Does anyone have any email contacts of higher ups where this issue can be escalated?
Old 27th March 2022, 17:28   #3513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaleen View Post
Has anyone else noticed this issue? I need to visit the service center again, but not finding the time currently.
Had this issue too, no amount of cleaning worked. Finally, got the sensor replaced free of charge under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidR View Post
Service centre told me that they aren't replacing whole steering assembly now, rather they change 4 parts or so. This change was made sometime ago.
Yes this is true, the entire cost now stands at approx. 16k. I got my 2017 Baleno's steering replaced just a month back at no charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
The difference was of day and night, one thing which I noticed that in Maruti cars, steering wheel self centres itself only on speeds above 15-20 kmph only.
Is the difference really day and night? I could notice only about a 10-15% improvement post replacement. Taking U-turns is the biggest headache, the steering just never centers back at low speeds.

OT
Took my Baleno CVT for an airport run today and drove quite sedately, being a Sunday, the traffic was at low-moderate levels along with some sections with heavy traffic. Managed to extract an impressive FE figure(MID indicated) on the 70km trip with AC on the entire time.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20220327113457.jpg
MotoBlip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 19:57   #3514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBlip View Post

Yes this is true, the entire cost now stands at approx. 16k. I got my 2017 Baleno's steering replaced just a month back at no charge.

Is the difference really day and night? I could notice only about a 10-15% improvement post replacement. Taking U-turns is the biggest headache, the steering just never centers back at low speeds.
This is helpful. 16k is still reasonable compared top 48k earlier. I talked to a local mechanic, he said he can try greasing (red grease) inside the steering wheel and it will most likely solve the issue. Also, there are videos on youtube which claim on solving this issue using same technique (fingers crossed). I will try this next month, once I am back in Gurgaon.

Also, I intend to sell the car by Q1 2023, so not keen on spending too much.
Old 28th March 2022, 06:32   #3515

Hi TeamBhp

Lately it seemed to me like my Baleno 2016 Zeta CVT air-conditioning performance has gone down. To confirm this I got a temperature reader and observed my vent temperature for a few days now.... During 34°C afternoons I get a vent temperature of 10.9°C and post sunset readings of about 8.8°C.

I am guessing that I am low on freon and there is a minor leak in the system. Would someone kindly confirm if these are the vent temperatures they get. Is it time to get it checked?
Old 3rd April 2022, 00:09   #3516
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceJunk View Post
Hi TeamBhp

Lately it seemed to me like my Baleno 2016 Zeta CVT air-conditioning performance has gone down.
This might be a common problem in most baleno's . I was not getting any cooling from mine in 2020 while the odo was only 6000 km. They (@.s.s)detected low gas and I had to shell 1500 plus GST for top-up(does not come under warranty). Surprisingly no leak was detected(they vacuumed down the ac system for half an hour.
vivek2652 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 11:07   #3517

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek2652 View Post
This might be a common problem in most baleno's . I was not getting any cooling from mine in 2020 while the odo was only 6000 km. They (@.s.s)detected low gas and I had to shell 1500 plus GST for top-up(does not come under warranty). Surprisingly no leak was detected(they vacuumed down the ac system for half an hour.
Wow! But there should be a reason why the gas went low right! Didn't they mention anything?

Nevertheless, is the ac cooling good now? Have you been able to measure the temperature to ensure the cooling is at its best?
Old 7th April 2022, 11:37   #3518
BHPian

My Baleno will be nearing it's 5th year next month and here are some issues i am facing.

1. Clutch has become too hard over the past few months.
2. Pick up has reduced too. Have used Liqui Molly fuel injector solution but I don't see any significant change in the performance
3. Suspension noise on bad roads. It sounds like pebbles rolling on metal !
4. Steering is some times hard and some times ok, got the assembly changed under warranty in April 2021.

Car has done 36 K odd KM and is a May 2017 petrol zeta model.

I will be taking the car for the Annual 50 K service next week but writing to see if you can give any insights for the above. This will help me for the service visit.
Old 7th April 2022, 21:36   #3519
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Didn't they mention anything?
Nevertheless, is the ac cooling well now? Have you been able to measure the temperature to ensure the cooling is at its best?
I asked the same question if there is no leak then how the gas is low and asked them to cover it under warranty. But they didn't tell anything.
It's been two years and the cooling has been very good till now(didn't measure the temperature)
Please share your experience when you fix your ac.
vivek2652 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 01:25   #3520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
My Baleno will be nearing it's 5th year next month and here are some issues i am facing.
I too have the same complaints. I had even got the clutch assembly changed a year back but still the clutch feels hard. Also, that annoying noise from suspension, does give any confidence at all. Any suggestions on this will be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by aah78 : 10th April 2022 at 01:39. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 10th April 2022, 02:06   #3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek2652 View Post
I asked the same question if there is no leak then how the gas is low and asked them to cover it under warranty. But they didn't tell anything.
It's been two years and the cooling has been very good till now(didn't measure the temperature)
Please share your experience when you fix your ac.
Hey, so I went to Nexa Service & told them that my AC isn't cooling enough. The mechanic sat in the car for sometime, did some physical inspection & tells me the AC is cooling enough!

I asked them to show me the temperature readings & it was showing approx 8°c, compared to the average of 10°c that I was getting. Asked them if they did anything & he tells me 'sir we just put some water on the condenser before pulling the car into the workshop!'

Am like why did you do that? & he tells me it's standard procedure. By then I understood nothing is going to happen here. So simply instructed them to top up gas, about 10-20g of freon into the system. (then they started discussing among themselves how could that be done without evacuating the system!)

Long story short, they finally did it & charged me INR 250 for gas and INR 600 for labour (of-course the NEXA expertise comes at a cost)

So now I been observing the AC for few days and, I am getting readings of 7.5°C - 8.5°C vent temperature during 35°C afternoons.

I think the ACis still not at its peak performance & so badly looking forward to inputs from owners to see what's the temperature readings they get.

Last edited by aah78 : 10th April 2022 at 05:46. Reason: Typos fixed. Please proof read. Thanks!
SpaceJunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 02:45   #3522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupneelay View Post
I too have the same complaints. I had even got the clutch assembly changed a year back but still the clutch feels hard. Also, that annoying noise from suspension, does give any confidence at all. Any suggestions on this will be greatly appreciated!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post

1. Clutch has become too hard over the past few months.
For the clutch try replacing the clutch cable as I replace on our Maruti's around the 2 year mark as the cable makes the clutch too much hard, I learned it when I took our Wagonr for the 90,000 kms service and our mechanic pointed out on the clutch being too hard and he replaced the cable and I was astonished as the clutch was back to being butter smooth, while all the time I was thinking the clutch was on it's way out.

And the clutch lasted till 120,000 kms and that too in Delhi stop and go traffic so no need to replace the clutch kit prematurely.

Do let me know how it works out for you.
revvharder is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 10:51   #3523

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
For the clutch try replacing the clutch cable
Thanks a lot for the suggestion, will definitely try it out and see how it goes. Btw, mine is a Oct 2016 make and when I changed the clutch assembly last year the reading on the odo was around 32K only. Surely have been fooled by the SS guys on replacing the kit.
Old 19th April 2022, 13:45   #3524
BHPian

My Dad drives a 2017 Baleno (P) Alpha and is looking to replace one of his car tire. Currently all the four wheels are Apollo Alnac but I am personally not too impressed with the performance. Can someone suggest a good alternative for 195/55 r16 tires for Baleno and maybe the right website to get the replacement done.
Old 19th April 2022, 16:10   #3525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi TeamBhp

Lately it seemed to me like my Baleno 2016 Zeta CVT air-conditioning performance has gone down.
Do you drive in dusty condition?

I stay in Bombay and my Baleno is extensively in the city. Half of the city is dug up because of metro work. There's lot of dust everywhere in the city.

Once I felt ac cooling was not up to the mark and visited my local ac service guy. He just jet sprayed water on the condenser and I couldn't believe the amount of dust that has accumulated in the fins. The waste water was dark brown in color. The dust had choked up the air flow

He said just once a week clean the condenser with water spray to avoid dust chocking up the airflow. Its one way to keep the ac cooling better.

Since then every Sunday, I have been cleaning the condenser as well as the radiator.

Skip to 4.15. That's how I clean it.

RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks