https://www.facebook.com/groups/maru...0863181779526/
Dr.Naren is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 01:16   #1937
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
New Dzire Alloys on Baleno :
Thanks for sharing, the car looks much better indeed. The only grouse I have is that they are 15 inchers. 16 inches in that design would have been perfect for the Baleno.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 17th May 2017 at 01:24.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 10:17   #1938
Senior - BHPian

I was checking out the Ignis and the Baleno last week. I loved the Black alloys of the Ignis. That would have looked pretty on a White Baleno i thought.

As a quick update - i went ahead and booked the Baleno CVT Zeta, White colour.
The 4 year Brio S(o) MT is now gone in exchange for the Baleno.

The long wait now begins. The Nexa Sales team is talking about a minimum of 3 months. It really is gonna be a tough wait for sure.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2017, 09:00   #1939
BHPian

Question to all Baleno owners :

How is the braking in slow speed. Last few months I am observing that in slow speed - 1st or 2nd gear when slowly moving if brake is suddenly applied, the brake pedal is so hard that the car doesn't stop immediately (only after a second or two the brake effect is seen ). I have had a few heart-in-the-mouth moments when slowly moving behind other vehicles and applying brake suddenly but haven't hit anyone so far.

I asked the SA to check during the last service, he said he has checked and it is fine. He also advised that in slow speed we need to press both clutch+brake and it is the same in all Baleno cars.

So wanted to check with you all if you use clutch and brake at slow speed or is this an issue that I should ask MASS to look into. FYI, my car is from the first lot (oct 2015) and done 17k kms so far.
Old 20th May 2017, 11:04   #1940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindkumarp View Post

How is the braking in slow speed. Last few months I am observing that in slow speed - 1st or 2nd gear when slowly moving if brake is suddenly applied, the brake pedal is so hard that the car doesn't stop immediately (only after a second or two the brake effect is seen ). I have had a few heart-in-the-mouth moments when slowly moving behind other vehicles and applying brake suddenly but haven't hit anyone so far.

I asked the SA to check during the last service, he said he has checked and it is fine. He also advised that in slow speed we need to press both clutch+brake and it is the same in all Baleno cars.

So wanted to check with you all if you use clutch and brake at slow speed or is this an issue that I should ask MASS to look into. FYI, my car is from the first lot (oct 2015) and done 17k kms so far.
I might be wrong, but as far as I know, the only reason for using the clutch while braking is to prevent the engine from stalling. This would apply to any speed, but obviously be relevant mostly to crawling speeds when you are about to almost stop, and at higher speeds its generally totally unnecessary since you would be losing out on the benefits of engine braking and also fuel efficiency benefits of coasting in gear.

I don't see how the clutch has anything to do with the issue that you described. The brakes on any care should be strong enough to stop the slight forward crawl and stall the engine, if the clutch is not pressed and the car is in first gear.

Last edited by chncar : 20th May 2017 at 11:06.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2017, 11:54   #1941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindkumarp View Post

Don't quote me on this but I've had a mechanic tell me that the ABS is very sensitive at low speeds than it is at higher speeds. This is because the wheels, when at a slow speed, are close to wheel lock scenario and the ABS is very sensitive to prevent this from happening. The effect of this is what you perceive as lack of braking. At high speeds, you'll tend to find the braking very effective but at crawling speeds, it's 'seemingly' ineffective. This is not a problem but the ABS just doing its job. I've observed this in my Ertiga, Lodgy and also my present ride, i20.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2017, 12:32   #1942
BHPian

Finally !!! I am going to take delivery of my zeta 1.2 ray blue tomorrow. Booked it on 24 November hoping I would get the car by March but it almost took 6 months.
Abhi_abarth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2017, 16:33   #1943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
I might be wrong, but as far as I know, the only reason for using the clutch while braking is to prevent the engine from stalling. This would apply to any speed, but obviously be relevant mostly to crawling speeds when you are about to almost stop, and at higher speeds its generally totally unnecessary since you would be losing out on the benefits of engine braking and also fuel efficiency benefits of coasting in gear.

I don't see how the clutch has anything to do with the issue that you described. The brakes on any care should be strong enough to stop the slight forward crawl and stall the engine, if the clutch is not pressed and the car is in first gear.
Thanks chncar, this was exactly my confusion too when the SA advised on clutch. But he kept telling me to use the clutch as well because vacuum does not get created at slow speeds (didn't understand him clearly). But the problem is during a sudden event, the first instinct is to press brake. Thankfully this only happens during crawling speeds so I might have to get used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Don't quote me on this but I've had a mechanic tell me that the ABS is very sensitive at low speeds than it is at higher speeds. This is because the wheels, when at a slow speed, are close to wheel lock scenario and the ABS is very sensitive to prevent this from happening. The effect of this is what you perceive as lack of braking. At high speeds, you'll tend to find the braking very effective but at crawling speeds, it's 'seemingly' ineffective. This is not a problem but the ABS just doing its job. I've observed this in my Ertiga, Lodgy and also my present ride, i20.
Thanks swiftdiesel, you are right about 'seemingly ineffective' because the car stops eventually, its that half or one second delay that causes the panic.
Old 21st May 2017, 02:23   #1944
BHPian

Hi Guys, one question that I wanted to ask. Can i20's Diamond Cut Alloy wheels be fitted to the Baleno. I have the delta which has 15" steel rims and I want to upgrade to alloys but want it not to be too flashy but classy instead. So was zeroing in on i20's diamond cut alloys rims. Can they be fitted on the Baleno.
Thanks in advance.
Old 21st May 2017, 08:51   #1945
BHPian

For lane change, a quick flick of the turning indicator lever makes indicators blink three times. The user manual says that the no. of blinks can be changed at the service center. I would like to change it to 5, but service people had never even heard about it. Any experience to share?
Old 21st May 2017, 10:13   #1946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post
Hi Guys, one question that I wanted to ask. Can i20's Diamond Cut Alloy wheels be fitted to the Baleno. I have the delta which has 15" steel rims and I want to upgrade to alloys but want it not to be too flashy but classy instead. So was zeroing in on i20's diamond cut alloys rims. Can they be fitted on the Baleno.
Thanks in advance.

You can fit the i20's rims to your Baleno, but you'll have to change your tires as well.

The delta variant of the baleno comes with 15" wheels while the i20 alloys are 16" rims.
Speed.Demon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2017, 10:37   #1947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
You can fit the i20's rims to your Baleno, but you'll have to change your tires as well.

The delta variant of the baleno comes with 15" wheels while the i20 alloys are 16" rims.
Thanks Speed, yeah I had overlooked that by mistake. So it seems I will have to wait till my tyres wear out to upgrade the tyres as well as the rims. Was talking to the local Tyre shop mechanic who was performing wheel alignment on the car. He said that the MRF ZVTV given by Maruti on Delta are very robust tyres and one of the finest provided by MRF, may very well last 60,000+ kms. So going by his word, it is going to take a lot of time (clocked 21k KMS in 1.5 years).
Old 21st May 2017, 12:49   #1948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuvidC View Post
Had a word with the GM- Servicing at RMJ Maruti, Bhopal. He's willing to go on the record to state that there has been no Rear Suspension Recall, for any make of Baleno whatsoever, silent or otherwise. He's even ready to share the internal company reports with me.

I've been experiencing a bone jarring ride quality in my 2016 Baleno Zeta Petrol. Tried every trick in the book, but to no avail. Am I missing something?
The GM is not giving you correct info.
Maruti indeed are doing a replacement of the suspension for 2015/first half of 2016 manufactured Balenos, but its not a publicly notified recall; only those who complain about the hard ride & do some follow up cribbing are entertained.
Lots of people have got it done, I'll be going for the suspension change FOC under warranty to my MASS tomorrow, after which the ride will be like that of the Balenos being made now - you could test ride a demo Baleno from your Nexa to experience the change.
What you need to do is to drop a mail to ' contact@nexaexperience.com & complain about the hard, bumpy ride & request for a suspension change under warranty.
Mention your cars' registration number, VIN, Engine/chassis number, date of purchase & your mobile number registered with them.
You'll get a call in a couple of days whereupon you can emphasise your problem; the issue should get resolved thereafter.
Regards & plz do share your experience.
Kamal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2017, 15:14   #1949
BHPian

Quote:
Content Reactor, Blackwasp, Deetjohn, Speed.Demon and Ashir:

My sincere thanks for sharing your valuable advice. I will push back with the dealer and Maruti/Nexa in the loop.

So far, from my interaction with the Nexa customer care system though, they do respond promptly but don't get involved directly and do not commit anything in writing. All they do is take my e-mail and ask the dealership to reply, and the dealership of course does nothing other than repeat the same stuff. So the best that can be said about Maruti/Nexa customer care is that they make the dealership respond (which might be useful if one is not getting any response from their end) but leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to the commitment from their end to ensure that customer's are taken care of.

Just a followup on my earlier post:

To recap, I was being asked to make payment within 7 days whereas I was told that the vehicle would arrive only after 18 days, no promise of PDI inspection (the sales guy's line was that they cant discuss that till the vehicle actually arrives), and that the accessories and Nexa card were mandatory. So I escalated this to Maruti.

Anyways, I had made up my mind to not make use of the allotment and also look at other cars instead, since they did not get back to me for a couple of days.

There was still no official reply to my e-mail from Nexa (till now in fact). However, it looks like they are shy of committing anything in writing and prefer to make phone calls.

I got a call from the Maruti TSM (territory sales manager) explaining that the accessories and Nexa card were not mandatory, and also that my vehicle had already reached the yard (this is 2 days after the allotment letter!) and I could go and do a PDI before payment. I asked him to tell the dealer to contact over e-mail with the same, which they promptly did. Looks like this whole drama (and blatant lies) from the dealer end was to pressure the customer into making payment while avoiding any sort of PDI and forcing the customer to blindly agree to their terms and be at their mercy.

Went to the yard (the guy accompanying me had to argue his way through multiple levels of bureaucracy despite the business head of the dealership already having authorized the PDI in the yard in writing so it looks like they are really set against customers inspecting their own cars before handing over the money!), did the PDI, made the payment and took delivery a couple of days back. The car was manufactured in April 2017.

So as other members have rightly advised, we must stand our ground and not get bullied by the dealerships who are fundamentally unethical to the core. Like I heard someone say about politicians, if their lips are moving, they are probably lying.

Some points that I noted that might be helpful to other folks buying from Nexa:

1> Accessories and Nexa card are totally optional, do not let the dealer force you to buy them. I will make a separate post later with a review of some of the available accessories, but the only accessory that I found worthwhile to buy from the dealer was the mudflap kit (which is a neat and aerodynamic hard plastic design)

2> Maruti customer care seems scared of committing anything in writing. But they do respond if you escalate, mostly by working things behind the scenes and making phone calls.

3> I didn't expect it to be in the first place, but the idea that Nexa as a whole (including the oft repeated 'Nexa Experience') and the word premium belong in the same sentence has to be one of the biggest jokes ever! The place has the ambiance of a railway station and the staff have less knowledge of the products than anybody who spent 5 mins to reach the brochure!

3> The sales guys (so-called relationship managers) are absolute morons. Don't bother asking them about features, or even stuff like RTO processes etc because they don't know and can't be bothered to learn. Mine didn't pick up calls most of the time, didn't know basic stuff like the ground clearance of the car, the fact that RS variant had rear disc brakes, how to mute the mic while in a Bluetooth call, or that the Baleno had footwell and boot lights. Not only him, but the next 2 levels of escalation (senior relationship manager etc) didn't bother to pick up their phones. The attitude seems to be don't call me, I'll call you (usally only when they want something). The only guy who responded and seemed to be professional was the business head of the dealership!

4> The waiting list should have significantly dropped, with Gujarat production coming online. Mine was 6 months with informal commitment of 5 months and I got it in just under 3. Going forward it should be even less.

A few questions to owners who can help:

1> I'm planning to get CR70 sunfilm for my front windscreen, and have two questions on that really:
-Does it affect the RFID sticker or vice-versa (bubbles around the area etc)? The 3M guy took a look and said that they will not remove it and just fix the sunfilm over that, and there wont be any issues, and there is another thread that I found by searching that said the same, but if anyone has any experience with it please do advise
-Does it mess with the light sensors (which I thnk are near the windscreen) used for the automatic headlights and auto dimming mirror?

2> When in idle with AC on auto, I feel a motor turning on for a few seconds combined with a slight spike in RPM and then turning off with the corresponding drop in RPM. I am pretty sure that is the AC compressor but is that normal? Would any durability issues result from the compressor frequently turning off and on like that?

3> When in gear and driving both with the accelerator pressed and also while coasting in gear, I can feel some slight vibrations when my hand is on the gear lever. It's not oscillating or strong vibrations, just that I can feel the mechanical system in a very slight way. Is that normal or something to be concerned about?

Last edited by chncar : 21st May 2017 at 15:20.
Old 21st May 2017, 15:51   #1950
BHPian

Quote:

A few questions to owners who can help:

1> I'm planning to get CR70 sunfilm for my front windscreen, and have two questions on that really:
-Does it affect the RFID sticker or vice-versa (bubbles around the area etc)? The 3M guy took a look and said that they will not remove it and just fix the sunfilm over that, and there wont be any issues, and there is another thread that I found by searching that said the same, but if anyone has any experience with it please do advise
-Does it mess with the light sensors (which I thnk are near the windscreen) used for the automatic headlights and auto dimming mirror?

2> When in idle with AC on auto, I feel a motor turning on for a few seconds combined with a slight spike in RPM and then turning off with the corresponding drop in RPM. I am pretty sure that is the AC compressor but is that normal? Would any durability issues result from the compressor frequently turning off and on like that?

3> When in gear and driving both with the accelerator pressed and also while coasting in gear, I can feel some slight vibrations when my hand is on the gear lever. It's not oscillating or strong vibrations, just that I can feel the mechanical system in a very slight way. Is that normal or something to be concerned about?
Congratulations on your new Baleno!

1. I have the CR70 installed on the front windshield, and so far the sensors for the auto lights and the IRVM seem to be working just fine. They stick the film over the RFID and the 3M guys did a pretty good job. No bubbles or any such thing.

2. Yes, that's the AC compressor and its behaviour is absolutely normal. The frequent kicking in and out is Maruti's method of maximizing cooling while improving fuel economy. Trust Maruti to come up with such solutions to increase the ARAI rating

3. Can't comment on this since I haven't felt this on my car. It's the CVT, so maybe that's why.
Speed.Demon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks