Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2017, 07:58   #1771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
A push is all that is needed to slot into place but if yours requires a second shove then there might be a loose contact or may be it just the hydraulic struts taking time to get adjusted.
Even I'm suspecting the hydraulic struts. If it continues then will get it checked during first service.

Quote:
I'm not sure if it is just the reflection from the flash in the last pic or do you have a chrome strip on the boot door lip ?
Yes it's a Chrome strip - some glitz for her
dheepak10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 10:09   #1772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
Even I'm suspecting the hydraulic struts. If it continues then will get it checked during first service.

Yes it's a Chrome strip - some glitz for her

Congrats Dheepak10. That's a lovely colour. Have you heard anything about the rear suspension from Nexa team. As you know there are lot of rumours that the rear suspension issue has been fixed silently in the 2017 batches. How did you feel the ride quality ?

Last edited by Abhi_abarth : 22nd February 2017 at 10:14.
Abhi_abarth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 11:27   #1773
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Sorry for the back to back posts. Timed out for edit.

Request all the owners who have received the 2017 models to comment on the rear suspension. Is the ride quality better, are the bad roads getting absorbed ? or still the same akin to the previous models.
Abhi_abarth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 12:24   #1774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Congrats Dheepak10. That's a lovely colour. Have you heard anything about the rear suspension from Nexa team. As you know there are lot of rumours that the rear suspension issue has been fixed silently in the 2017 batches. How did you feel the ride quality ?
Thanks Abhi_abarth. I find the suspension quite comfortable for city rides on some moderately bad roads.

Haven't experience the rear seat yet, but my uncle who is 63 said he was pretty comfortable at the rear during the time he spent in the car.
dheepak10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 13:40   #1775
BHPian

Can anyone let me know if the ISOFIX can be installed on the models which initially did not have the same. Please, if anyone has done this, can share the details.
Old 22nd February 2017, 14:39   #1776
BHPian

Re: Delivery experience and Initial impressions

Quote:
Took delivery of my Delta CVT yesterday, 20-Feb, in the evening. The booking was made on 12-Sep-2016.
Congrats to you Dheepak! However, my waiting still continues with NEXA PASCO, Gurgaon. My RM is confident of providing me a favourable news by 4th of March, 2017. My booking date was 8th October, 2016.

I have been following up with your posts for long and am happy for the fact that such painful and tiring wait has finally come to an end. Enjoy the time with your new car and drive safe!
yogeshbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 15:02   #1777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshbala View Post
Congrats to you Dheepak! However, my waiting still continues with NEXA PASCO, Gurgaon. My RM is confident of providing me a favourable news by 4th of March, 2017. My booking date was 8th October, 2016.
Thanks Yogesh!!

4th March seems about right. As per the information given to me by the Showroom manager, they usually get fortnightly allocations list around the 3rd and 16th of each month.

The first set of allocations has the list of models that will be invoiced to the showroom and shipped before the 15th of the month, and the second for the reminder of the month.

I got a call confirming the allocation on 3rd February and the car was shipped from the factory on the night of 9th February.

Was informed that the average transit time from Manesar to Hyderabad is 8 days. Since you are in Gurgaon, it should be pretty soon for you once the dispatch is done.

Last edited by dheepak10 : 22nd February 2017 at 15:05.
dheepak10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 17:12   #1778
t18
BHPian

Quote:
The boot needs a firm push to lock properly - this is a pain while entering/exiting office spaces and malls as the guard has to be informed that he needs to attempt closing the boot again and that it deserves a firm push. Others experiencing the same as well?
I suggest you lower the window glass, while the boot is being closed. I experienced the boot not locking once in my alto. I banged the boot many times and still it would not lock. Then I opened the door and tried closing the boot. And it did lock. From then on I have made it a practice to lower my window glasses whenever entering office or malls when they open the car boot.
Old 22nd February 2017, 19:32   #1779
BHPian

Quote:

Accessories were minimal - foot-mats, side moulding, mud-flaps, fog lamps and some glitz (OVRM, Window line and boot-lip chrome).
Hey Dheepak,
First of all, many congratulations on the new car. A few quick question though on the accessories.
1. Was the chrome line on the window provided as an official accessory? If so what was the price you had to pay for that. I did not get that as an option when I was buying my car. Any part number would be really helpful.
2. How is the fog lamp switch? In the Zeta and Alpha variants, it is along with the light stalk behind the steering. Did they provide the standard switch next to the parking enable/disable switch?
3. Since you have got the CVT, why dont you go ahead with the OEM armrest? I'm sure it will be useful for you.
Old 22nd February 2017, 19:40   #1780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
Hey Dheepak,
First of all, many congratulations on the new car. A few quick question though on the accessories.
Thanks Farooq!!

Quote:
1. Was the chrome line on the window provided as an official accessory? If so what was the price you had to pay for that. I did not get that as an option when I was buying my car. Any part number would be really helpful.
Yes. It has been added as an official accessory recently. Not sure on the exact price. The whole set of Chrome that I've mentioned costed me around Rs. 2k. Do go for it; the fit is pretty good and it looks factory fitted.

Quote:
2. How is the fog lamp switch? In the Zeta and Alpha variants, it is along with the light stalk behind the steering. Did they provide the standard switch next to the parking enable/disable switch?
Fog lamp button is placed on the dashboard next to the parking sensor activation button. The functioning is the same as the one on the stalk in Zeta. I keep the switch in ON position always and the moment the guide lamps or headlight is turned on, the fog lamps turn on along with it.

Quote:
3. Since you have got the CVT, why dont you go ahead with the OEM armrest? I'm sure it will be useful for you.
I did want the armrest, but it wasn't available at the showroom at the time of delivery. I wanted to take a look before getting it fitted. Will be going again this weekend to check if it's back in stock.
Old 22nd February 2017, 21:48   #1781
BHPian

Quote:
Will be going again this weekend to check if it's back in stock.
Also, do provide an update if you have opted for the antitrust and underbody protection. If yes, how good is the quality.

Some NEXA outlets here state that the antitrust and underbody protection is not provided at the time of delivery of the new car and that it needs to be done during the 1st service. Is this true?
Old 23rd February 2017, 00:21   #1782
BHPian

Quote:
Also, do provide an update if you have opted for the antitrust and underbody protection. If yes, how good is the quality.

Some NEXA outlets here state that the antitrust and underbody protection is not provided at the time of delivery of the new car and that it needs to be done during the 1st service. Is this true?
That is utter hogwash, don't fall for that. I can't believe that they are that shameless in scamming customers

Most modern cars come with several layers of coating and treatment for the entire body to prevent rust. So unless you live in a coastal areas or drive through water frequently you don't really need anything extra.

Since your location says Chennai it is probably a good idea to get underbody coating done, but do it at 3M and never at a Maruti dealer.
chncar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 14:25   #1783
BHPian

Quote:

As Chncar has mentioned, please get the antirust and underbody treatment from 3M only. Please opt for the 5 years warranty package as the material used would be slightly thicker than the regular ones resulting in better road noise insulation.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 17:04   #1784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

[*] The boot needs a firm push to lock properly - this is a pain while entering/exiting office spaces and malls as the guard has to be informed that he needs to attempt closing the boot again and that it deserves a firm push. Others experiencing the same as well?
Congrats on your car dheepak.
Boot does not require a firm push, infact I am able to close it easily with little effort. Could be an alignment issue?
Old 24th February 2017, 17:32   #1785
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
[*] The boot needs a firm push to lock properly -
Congratulations on your car.

The boot issue can be because of these protruding rubber cushions. You can rotate it clockwise/anticlockwise to set how much they protrude. Please rotate it clockwise on both sides so that they go inside a bit. Also make sure their length outside is the same on both sides. I believe your boot issue will get resolved.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-marutibaleno24.jpg

Do keep us updated.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks