Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2017, 13:42   #1591
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbrahw View Post
Don't bother much. It is a regular ploy by all car manufacturers to give such statements in December every year to push up clearing existing year stocks which people don't buy in the new year. Given that post demonetisation the vehicle sales have slowed down don't think the quantum of the increase if any will be big enough to offset the new year model that you would be getting. Enjoy your car. I have a Zeta Automatic and I'm falling in love as every day is passing. Just wish they had the automatic option in Alpha.
I have also booked a Baleno Zeta Automatic, as you use the same model, can you please mention the mileage the car is offering both in City and Highways. I was preferring a diesel automatic but as it isn't available, went with this model. I run on an average 3000 kms with 70% highway. As my budget is 10 lacs and wanted an automatic, booked Baleno. Now the worst part.... haven't been able to test drive the car until now!!!
Old 4th January 2017, 14:09   #1592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashi4877 View Post
I was preferring a diesel automatic but as it isn't available, went with this model. I run on an average 3000 kms with 70% highway.As my budget is 10 lacs and wanted an automatic, booked Baleno.
If your monthly running is around 3000 kms, the difference in running cost of Petrol will be around Rs. 4000/- higher than a diesel car of the same like, approximately.

It would be economically sound to go to a Diesel car like Dzire AMT, Zest AMT or you can also try the new Ignis AMT as the initial cost difference can be recovered in around 2 years, in your case.

Quote:
Now the worst part.... haven't been able to test drive the car until now!!!
This sentence is as incomplete as what I'm about to say now!

Last edited by dheepak10 : 4th January 2017 at 14:12. Reason: Minor corrections to avoid Grammar Nazis! :)
Old 4th January 2017, 14:25   #1593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
If your monthly running is around 3000 kms, the difference in running cost of Petrol will be around Rs. 4000/- higher than a diesel car of the same like, approximately.

It would be economically sound to go to a Diesel car like Dzire AMT, Zest AMT or you can also try the new Ignis AMT as the initial cost difference can be recovered in around 2 years, in your case.

This sentence is as incomplete as what I'm about to say now!
Thanks dheepak10 for the reply. Now our plan was to go in for the Baleno AT time being as wife also drives, then gradually go in for a better diesel automatic when our finances get back on track. So I might regularly use it only for the first or max second year. Also I heard that the pollution board is getting stricter (bharat VI), so going forward what all restrictions would come in for a diesel vehicle is yet to be seen.

IGNIS Diesel Automatic, need to check it.
Old 4th January 2017, 16:34   #1594
BHPian

When Baleno is being sold via the so called NEXA premium network, why can't Maruti provide Styrofoam housing?

I guess even Celerio comes with Styrofoam housing!
Old 4th January 2017, 19:01   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashi4877 View Post
I have also booked a Baleno Zeta Automatic, as you use the same model, can you please mention the mileage the car is offering both in City and Highways. I was preferring a diesel automatic but as it isn't available, went with this model. I run on an average 3000 kms with 70% highway. As my budget is 10 lacs and wanted an automatic, booked Baleno. Now the worst part.... haven't been able to test drive the car until now!!!

I've done about 1300 kms in 3 months and the MID shows 10.2 kmpl but then almost all my driving has been in Gurgaon locally. Have not yet gone on a long drive. Another feedback worth sharing is that initially the car had very stiff suspension which is improving with each passing day and now it is very comfortable. I feel the pickup too is increasing with each passing day as the engine is getting run in. The car now lunges forward like a turbocharged vehicle. Am loving it. Much better than the mint condition SX4 Zdi that I had earlier which had done about 40000 kms in 4 years.
Old 5th January 2017, 22:37   #1596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
Isn't this a good enough speed for our highways? Cruising at around 100, and the odd overtaking maneuver at around 120 tops?

Maintaining higher speeds than this somehow doesn't feel safe in our highways - however good the roads maybe.

I am still running in my Baleno - first service not done yet - and the feel I get is of a well put together car that can do 100 comfortably ( have taken her only upto 80 so far , but you get a feel of the car ). And for me that covers 99.9% of her intended use.

Yes its a bit light and jumpy at lower speeds, am keen to see how this translates to on the highway.
Yes, it is very much a good speed if we maintain 100-120kmph ,even i opt for the same. Point is when we go ahead of that (seldom required) light body weight and already much talked not so good rear suspension set up comes into play. Even a very slight hump/bump on the highways would feel strongly and you will feel a lot of vertical movement which i doesn't like at all.I would say in spite of the fact whether you do such speeds or not, good dynamics of a car are those which masks high speeds very well or should remain much more stable.
I have driven old gen figo a lot and i used that machine as a reference when i drive Baleno. That machine has incredible driving dynamics and speed masking capabilities. Whatever would be your speed, one of the best steering and spot on suspension make any drive beautiful. This is what i feel missing from Baleno otherwise is a good machine.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 10:52   #1597
BHPian

Further update on my waiting!

Now, I am being told by my RM that the Maruti Suzuki Factory is shut between the 25th of December and 10th of January, Every Year. So no dispatches till the 11th of January, 2017.

I do not know how true it is, but knowledgeable members, may I request your views pls.

Also, does anybody have an update on when the Gujarat Plant is starting their dispatches of the Baleno.

The news so far making the rounds is that 10,000 Balenos would be dispatched from the Gujarat plant this Fiscal (just wishing that this does not mean that the dispatch would commence on the 20th of March, 2017!).

Last edited by benbsb29 : 6th January 2017 at 11:24. Reason: Edited for readability.
Old 6th January 2017, 11:32   #1598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshbala View Post
Further update on my waiting!

Now, I am being told by my RM that the Maruti Suzuki Factory is shut between the 25th of December and 10th of January, Every Year. So no dispatches till the 11th of January, 2017.

I do not know how true it is, but knowledgeable members, may I request your views pls.

Also, does anybody have an update on when the Gujarat Plant is starting their dispatches of the Baleno.

The news so far making the rounds is that 10,000 Balenos would be dispatched from the Gujarat plant this Fiscal (just wishing that this does not mean that the dispatch would commence on the 20th of March, 2017!).
Hi,

My RM said that the plant is shutdown from 25th December to 5th January. When I was cross-verifying this information, 'mycarhelpline' mentioned that the plant was shutdown from 25th December to 1st January as part of regular maintenance.

25th Dec to 1st Jan seems logical as most people will not want to buy a car manufactured that late in December rather wait for a January model.

The Sanand plant in Gujarat is expected to commence operations in mid-February and dispatch 10,000 Balenos by March end.

When was your booking made?

I made my booking on 12th September and the latest update I received from Jayabheri Nexa in Gachibowli, Hyderabad is that orders till August have been delivered and September deliveries have already commenced.

I am positively hoping that my car is delivered by 20th of this month.

Last edited by dheepak10 : 6th January 2017 at 11:38. Reason: Minor correction
dheepak10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 11:36   #1599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
When was your booking made?
I made my booking on 8th October, 2016. Relatively close to your booking
Old 6th January 2017, 18:01   #1600
BHPian

Cheer up guys. The happy part is given the huge demand for the car, there will be no 2016 models available so you will get 2017 only. And yes, the plant is shutdown this time of the year for maintenance. I had booked mine in June and got delivery in October.
bimbrahw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 22:18   #1601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbrahw View Post
Cheer up guys. The happy part is given the huge demand for the car, there will be no 2016 models available so you will get 2017 only. And yes, the plant is shutdown this time of the year for maintenance. I had booked mine in June and got delivery in October.
Yup, my RM told the same thing on the delivery day (30th December 2016). Old stocks are exhausted, new one's will be January 2017 make. Only some Sigma's are left (Nov/Dec Make). I got December made one, all I wanted was the ISOFIX points & improved suspension. I am happy that both my requirements were fulfilled.

Good Car at VFM Pricing = Great Demand

Best Examples : Kwid, Tiago & Baleno..and hopefully some more.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 09:34   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Yup, my RM told the same thing on the delivery day (30th December 2016). Old stocks are exhausted, new one's will be January 2017 make. Only some Sigma's are left (Nov/Dec Make). I got December made one,
Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
all I wanted was the ISOFIX points & improved suspension. I am happy that both my requirements were fulfilled.
Is it confirmed that the suspension issues have been resolved? Does that also mean, the earlier Baleno's (the new generation one's from 2015) would get some sort of service pack to resolve that issue in their cars (Would there be a recall, just as they did earlier?).

As regards ISOFIX am aware that the same has been mentioned in the latest brochures as a standard safety feature across all variants.
Old 9th January 2017, 16:04   #1603
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Baleno deliveries delayed as multiple dealers suggest ‘changes’ in car from 2017!

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-balenopetroltestingmumbai.jpg

Quote:
there is news coming from dealerships from across the country saying that the brand is now rolling out changes to the Baleno hatchback for the year 2017. The changes are set to be on the suspension end as most customers are complaining about the ground clearance is very low and it has been scraping its underbelly.
Quote:
Maruti being a proactive listener seems to have heard and now is raising the suspension ride height. The ground clearance is said to be raised from 170 mm to 180 mm to make sure it clears all obstacles our roads throw. A mixture of suspension and other changes will make sure this feat is achieved. Maruti is also increasing the price of the Baleno to Rs. 15,000 for the model year 2017.
While there is no official news out about the same reported from Maruti.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th January 2017 at 16:12.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 16:09   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Baleno Deliveries Delayed As Multiple Dealers Suggest ‘Changes’ In Car From 2017!
Ok. So is Maruti planning to issue a suspension recall for the existing customers?
Old 9th January 2017, 16:12   #1605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshbala View Post
Is it confirmed that the suspension issues have been resolved? Does that also mean, the earlier Baleno's (the new generation one's from 2015) would get some sort of service pack to resolve that issue in their cars (Would there be a recall, just as they did earlier?).
I have felt the difference. Because, the Test Drive car felt very stiff. Also, I managed to cross one big speed breaker. It didn't scrap, I thought that the Stiff Suspension Helps in not scraping the underbelly, while slightly affecting the Ride.

Post Delivery, I drove my car and felt the Ride better then the Test Drive car.

But, reading at the above post by BHPian Volkman10, the ground clearance issue doesn't seem to be mentioned by others.

Did anyone face this problem.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks