Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2017, 12:59   #466
KBo

re: Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by skler View Post
I think we should report it to Mahindra
I've done 3k on the odo. Let's wait till I get the second free service done and take a call subsequently.
Old 23rd October 2017, 15:30   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
I got my W10 AT third free service done yesterday. Was surprised to see the brake pads wear down to just 2.5 mm in thickness after driving only 16800 km
Even I had to change my W6 AT brake pads at 21,000 kms. Same experiences with a couple of friends who are using XUV automatics. I think this is common for the torque converter ATs. They were not very expensive though, hence I was not concerned much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
Don't know if its only the automatic or the MT is also this rough. Am hoping the Engine will smoothen up post break-in.
The XUV AT by default sounds little coarse compared to the manual one. It generally roars in the 1st & 2nd gears, probably they designed in that way to aid it's climbing capabilities and support that low-end grunt. However, after crossing 3rd gear, the engine feels much smoother & eager in all the higher gears.

My XUV AT felt little smoother after the 5,000 km service where they change the engine oil and it's much better now after the 2nd engine oil change at 20,000km service. Hope this information helps.

Quote:
I have been using a XUV W6 automatic and am getting really poor Fuel economy of 7.5-8 Kmpl locally and 10 on the highway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBo View Post
I have been driving the W6 AT now for a little over two months. The MID shows the average at about 9.5 for purely city driving, some of it in peak traffic here in Pune.
But I did two tank full to tank full checks and it gave me 7.8 and 7.7.
I've not really done any highway runs during this time so don't have any data.
I've only got the first free service done, so I'm hoping after the second and the third it will give me better FE figures.
Even I got the similar fuel efficiency figures initially. It never crossed 11.5kmpl even on the highway. After the first oil change it improved marginally, and after 20,000 km service, now I'm getting close to 9.5-10kmpl in city and 13kmpl on highways with moderate driving (100-120kph) with occasional short bursts. Afterall, their official ARAI rating itself is 13.85kmpl.

Quote:
I feel that the torque converter clutch in the gearbox holds too long before slotting into the required gear by the auto box. This may be by design or defect I am not sure
That you'll feel in the first 2 gears only due to their short ratios I guess. But observe carefully - the gearbox upshifts at around 1800-2,000 rpm in every gear if driven with light foot, which is very optimal. Only if you accelerate hard, the engine goes to 2,500-3,000 rpm at the max for upshifts.
Old 23rd October 2017, 15:45   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar.madhavan View Post
Hi Folks,

Has anyone remapped XUV AT ? If so, please provide the details of the tuner and O/P figures (torque & bhp) .

Thanks
Amar
Am Using Petes tuning box on my W6 AT and the power difference is tremendous. If you press really hard though the check engine light comes on for a brief moment and then goes off. Overall very satisfied
skler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 17:23   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Am Using Petes tuning box on my W6 AT and the power difference is tremendous. If you press really hard though the check engine light comes on for a brief moment and then goes off. Overall very satisfied
Thanks. Can you share the details of revised O/P power and torque and the cost ? Is there any difference is the engine response specifically in 2nd and 3rd gears ? I have an observation that engine revives hard in 2nd/3rd gear during sudden acceleration in some situations like on a uphill. Any difference in these which you have observed ? Please let me know.

Regards
Amar
Old 29th October 2017, 06:29   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar.madhavan View Post
Thanks. Can you share the details of revised O/P power and torque and the cost ? Is there any difference is the engine response specifically in 2nd and 3rd gears ? I have an observation that engine revives hard in 2nd/3rd gear during sudden acceleration in some situations like on a uphill. Any difference in these which you have observed ? Please let me know.

Regards
Amar
There is a huge difference specially in relation 4, 5 and 6th gears. It seems to keep pulling and pulling.

Last edited by bblost : 29th October 2017 at 10:28.
skler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 11:40   #471
KBo

Has anyone tried RD dieseltronic on the XUV AT ?
How does it perform, with respect to performance & efficiency in the different modes?
Old 23rd November 2017, 10:08   #472
BHPian

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/2018-mahi...erNotification
Old 23rd November 2017, 13:05   #473
BHPian

I have been reading this 170BHP out of the same old 2.2L engine block, I wonder how. I believe the ideal power one can get out of this block is in the vicinity of 155 to 160BHP.

Last edited by SR-71 : 23rd November 2017 at 13:10.
Old 24th November 2017, 08:58   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I have been reading this 170BHP out of the same old 2.2L engine block, I wonder how. I believe the ideal power one can get out of this block is in the vicinity of 155 to 160BHP.
How is ideal power defined? And why do you feel one cannot get more power out of the same block?
Old 25th November 2017, 03:05   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
See, that's the thing. If I wanted a FWD 5-Seater, I wouldn't bother with an SUV in the first place. If I buy an SUV over a sedan, it would be because of the additional capability - AWD or 7-seats or both. If my SUV doesn't have any of these capabilities over a sedan, I'd much rather buy a faster, better handling, better braking, better driving, more equipped sedan.

To me, an SUV without AWD / 4x4 is like a sports car with a top speed of 100 kph.

You need to check out the newer XUV500. Interior quality is ordinary, but definitely not 'sub par'. And mind you, the Creta isn't the last word in quality either. Hyundai has done a lot of cost cutting with the car.

It's not 'unreliable' either. But yes, a Creta will be a lot, lot more fuss-free to own over 100,000 kms.

But you have the option of carrying 7 OR using a big boot. This option isn't available with 5-seater SUVs.

Quite a sweeping statement considering we don't even know how the 2016 Innova drives, whether it will come with an AT and what price point it will be at. I could tell you that I'll buy the 2022 next-gen XUV500 over the 2016 Innova, but that's going nowhere.

Please tell me the prices of other SUVs that offer this cabin space, AT and AWD. And when it comes to the cabin and comfort, the XUV500 is superior to the 33 lakh Fortuner 4x4 AT.
Hi GTO,

What's your view in the current scenario? XUV 500 AT v/s 2017 Fortuner 4*4 AT. Do you still maintain the same view?
Old 25th November 2017, 19:40   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
Hi GTO,

What's your view in the current scenario? XUV 500 AT v/s 2017 Fortuner 4*4 AT. Do you still maintain the same view?
Since new XUV with 170 hp and more torque is being launched , i think you should look at comparing that with new Fortuner
JKBKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 10:59   #477
BHPian

Took the test drive of Automatic last weekend. The car feels slow during initial start but is a complete monster with an excellent engine grunt once it reaches about 2000 rpm. Going to book the current one with good discounts in a day or 2. Personally I am not a fan of upcoming bigger grill or the additional power as it already feels super powerful.
Old 29th January 2018, 14:19   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Took the test drive of Automatic last weekend. The car feels slow during initial start but is a complete monster with an excellent engine grunt once it reaches about 2000 rpm. Going to book the current one with good discounts in a day or 2. Personally I am not a fan of upcoming bigger grill or the additional power as it already feels super powerful.
I had TD-ed the XUV automatic around a year back and found the enging to be quite punchy.The Aisin gearbox is also quite smooth and gear changes happened in a seamless manner.

Congratulations on your new car.
Old 26th February 2018, 19:04   #479

Folks, I am in a dilemma and need an advise from the experts on this forum.
I own a XUV 5OO W10 AT which I bought under company lease which is coming to an end in a few months time. I have the option of buying back the car and keep it for another 5-7 yrs (that's the time frame I am looking at) or buy another car to replace the XUV. My XUV has done just about 30K in less than 3 yrs during the lease period, so my running is just around 1200-1400 Kms per month. While I am overall satisfied with the XUV but I am not very happy with the refinement levels and have struggled with minor rattles here and there which just refuse to go away completely. Considering this I am not sure how will it age in the next 5-7 yrs if I decide to retain it.

My requirement is:
- An SUV - because I prefer higher seating due to back pain issues.
- Not necessarily a 7 seater but need enough leg space as we are a family of tall people.
- Prefer a diesel AT due to higher resale value.
- My driving pattern is 70% city and 30% highway
- Self driven - so I like a refined and reliable car which does not take me to service station often.

My questions are:
1. How is the long term reliability of XUV 5OO AT expected to be? Will it age well without much trouble/niggles/rattles?
2. Considering my requirements above what do you suggest? Retain XUV and live with it for next 5-7 yrs or replace with a more refined car?
3. If I have to replace then which one do you suggest? While I will consider Compass Diesel AT when it is launched but I was also considering Hyundai Tuscon AT but I have never owned a Hyundai car so I have no idea on how good will it be and will it really last me for 7-10 yrs without fuss.

Your inputs will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 27th February 2018, 06:24   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyman View Post
Folks, I am in a dilemma and need an advise from the experts on this forum..

Your inputs will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi. I was in a similar dilemma till last week. My requirements were -

1) A high car because of back problem
2) Having been ex-Maruti & spoilt by the dealers there, am very fussy about quality & after sales service. Hence, a quality vehicle without any irritating issues even if minor and great after sales service.
3) A car that I can keep for a long time considering I am mostly flying around & the car I am replacing has done 7000 kms in 1 year.
4) A brand that my son feels happy traveling in.
5) A car with all bells & whistles thrown in.
6) Has to be an automatic

I was torn between considering a new XUV500, Innova Crysta, Jeep Compass and pre-owned BMW/ Audi.

The XUV500 AT came across as a very attractive package at a tempting price but I have been reading all topics on Team BHP and could sense that it still has some minor niggling issues plus dealers are not so proactively service inclined as what I am used to. Hence, I had to painfully drop the idea.

Jeep Compass was dropped since the AT is currently available in a supposedly underpowered petrol engine. Plus FIAT ASS, the less spoken about the better.

BMW is too low a car and in my price band of 20-25 Lacs, they did not have any high car available. Am told the cost of spares can literally take one's pants off. Audi was a similar view.

That left out the Innova Crysta. I liked the test drive better than the XUV500. Am also following the topics on Team BHP and feel this car would take care of my requirement of a tall, bulletproof reliable, strong customer service, economical spares.

Am now going in for the top end AT in the newly launched bronze colour. The car should be in my garage in the next 15 days.

Trust you find this article useful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks