Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:19   #61

Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Hi, Got Delivery of Renault New Duster (facelift) AMT yesterday. Superb car. Didn't feel any jerk in the heavy Bangalore traffic ...Great to own it.
prabhugg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 12:55   #62
BHPian

Another amazingly detailed review once again!!

But are we indians slowly moving to the American way of automatics? Where is the fun in that?
nitinrawatdun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 17:39   #63
s10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhugg View Post
Hi, Got Delivery of Renault New Duster (facelift) AMT yesterday. Superb car. Didn't feel any jerk in the heavy Bangalore traffic ...Great to own it.
Congratulations! Did you take it to highway? How was sudden downshift in some quick breaking or upshift in quick acceleration, hope it was not jerky.

Waiting to see your detailed ownership thread. I am also in the market for a automatic SUV. Waiting for BRV, confused between BRV and Duster
s10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 09:38   #64

Thanks. Not yet on highway - certainly tasted Bangalore traffic. Superb, no gear changes (like in Manual), no jerks. I am going to take it for long trip on May 3rd. Certainly will update you on performance. Hope it is not too late for you.
Old 26th April 2016, 09:40   #65

No. Not yet on highway. Will update you once I take it.
Old 27th April 2016, 12:41   #66
s10
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Not yet on highway - certainly tasted Bangalore traffic. Superb, no gear changes (like in Manual), no jerks. I am going to take it for long trip on May 3rd. Certainly will update you on performance. Hope it is not too late for you.
cool Thank you. No worries buddy I will wait for your input, anyhow looking forward to BRV launch as well.
Old 27th April 2016, 14:03   #67
BHPian

Got the opportunity to test drive the AMT variant today.

Honestly I was quite impressed. Dint feel that jerky at all, but felt a noticeable lag when you floor the A pedal. Drove it for around 6 km on the high way. Its only a matter of you getting used to it and once done its really convenient, be it B to B traffic or HW.

Its quite hassle free and even in the manual mode, once you decelerate the gears are down shifted automatically. Since I drive a 85ps, I could immediately notice the power difference of the 110. The steering too has improved and felt a bit more lighter and dint feel the kick back which is present in the older models.

The doors closes with a thud (Still not the German standard) compared to my 2013 model. Must be the added beading in the new models. I just casually walked in to the showroom as I was passing by, but post the test drive I am seriously contemplating the thought of buying one. The OTR here in Trivandrum is 15lak for the top end AMT. Booking period is 2 months.

Last edited by deepeshh : 27th April 2016 at 14:07. Reason: addition
deepeshh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 10:46   #68
Senior - BHPian

Has Renault discontinued RxL (O) variant?
Old 17th May 2016, 19:34   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
No. Not yet on highway. Will update you once I take it.
Hi Prabhugg,

Kindly share your till date experience and Highway experience (if done) with your Duster AMT.
Old 20th May 2016, 09:37   #70

Hi Deepesh,

It was too good experience while driving on highway. Now, I am happy to say, I own a Duster!!. Really amazing vehicle. I didn't check mileage, but certainly the driving comfort was far far superior. Only itch was, while overtaking. You need to be very careful before deciding to overtake. Except this, everything is perfectly alright. Didn't feel much on noise inside on highway. Cruise Control was extremely handful. But need to keep a eye on road during using CC...

Sorry Deepesh. A bit late in replying you. Highway experience was extremely good. I used Cruise control too. working very nicely. I was not much bothered on Mileage. Easy to handle, Touch screen system was good. Didn't feel it is a diesel vehicle. Not much noise inside while driving too.

Overall experience says, you need to have this vehicle. I am fully satisfied now.

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th May 2016 at 10:12. Reason: Back to back posts, EDIT the original post during initial 15 mts. Thanks
prabhugg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 13:44   #71
Senior - BHPian

Brand new Duster 2016 pulls to the left; Renault uncooperative

Dear Friends,

As the subject goes, a Mumbaikar is taken for a ride by Renault.

https://therenaultflaw.wordpress.com...post/#comments

Waseem Memon.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 24th May 2016 at 13:46.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 14:17   #72
Senior - BHPian

re: Brand new Duster 2016 pulls to the left; Renault uncooperative

I may have missed this in the long prose, but if Renault is insisting upon going ahead with recommended tyres, then won't the results with the recommended tyres also show the vehicle pulling to left?

Why not get that done?
Old 24th May 2016, 14:30   #73
BHPian

He has done it. He says "Tried new MRF Wanderers from another identical model and pull was definitely less, but still there".
Old 24th May 2016, 14:39   #74
BHPian

Probably the 200km on the odo was due to some testing done by Renault dealer guys after one of them noticed the pull while bringing it from the yard to the showroom. However, they couldn't find a fix for it in time or it was beyond the dealer's capacity and hence, they decided to sell it anyway with expectations of the buyer being an unsuspecting one.

Now that they realize that there is indeed a fault but they've already sold it, accepting it will be bad press for a new car. So they're trying to shift the blame to the modifications done by the owner (as all dealers try to do). We witnessed the same attitude of Maruti and NEXA not taking responsibility after they had delivered a faulty car that had been driven for some 300km before delivery.
Old 24th May 2016, 14:44   #75
BHPian

Don't compromise till the problem is sorted out to your satisfaction. Another bhpian had a bad experience with another branch of this dealership in Mumbai but solved later on.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ed-pg-2-a.html

And 200kms is way too much for a pre delivered car. All news cars I have seen had figures less than 30kms, even 50 is acceptable but 200 is hard to digest. Should not have accepted the car in first place.

The dealers or atleast Renault will be bothered about their reputation, so posting on social medias will definitely help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks