Team-BHP - Skoda Superb : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Skoda Superb : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/175340-skoda-superb-official-review-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santoshbhat (Post 3965079)
I was quite surprised when I read this actually. Did not expect the TDI to be nearly a second quicker to the ton. And it does not stop there, the TDI is quicker to 150 too. It could be something to do with fuel quality. My experience with TSI engines says that they love higher octane fuel. Our regular 91 octane kind of stunts its performance. With 97 Octane, the TSIs should be quicker than the TDI.

I Agree Santosh, something is fishy in that 0-100 timing of 7.83 secs for the Indian spec Diesel.

I say this because the original spec diesel having 190 hp & 400 NM does this sprint in 7.7 seconds as per SKODA UK Website.

So, with 16 hp & 50 NM less in Indian version it still manages to do similar timing which is really surprising :Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvb8530 (Post 3965162)
The car was delivered with accessories like original skoda rubber mats, skoda boot rubber mat, trunk net, tablet holder and mobile holder as well as the protective boot lip. All these things are listed as additional accessories but were provided by the dealer without asking for it and without paying anything extra for it which I found weird. Also there was no umbrella provided at delivery and when checked with the dealer later he said that they will send it across but only 1 umbrella and not 2 as Skoda is providing only 1 Umbrella with the car, here I smell something fishy maybe someone else here who has got delivery can confirm.

The car was delivered on with standard accessories by Tafe Access here at Bangalore with charge. There are 2 umbrella's. Did not receive trunk net that was not part of standard list. Also they did not have it with them.

On the tyres part I have changed them to Yokohama Advan Sport 225/55/17 ZR 101Y. The OEM tyres are not good. Yokohama's straight away felt way better with low noise. The power delivery to wheels are much better plus the grip and handling has improved immensely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancer_rit (Post 3963329)
5.85m would mean a Turning Diameter of 11.7m. When I had posted this comparison of the new Superb with the one it replaced, I had seen in the specs a TD of 11.1m! 11.7m (as in the official specs on Skoda India/Germany websites), seems too high for our roads esp. with all the U-turns in Bangalore :-( For comparison, it seems 10.6m for E class, and 11.4m for 520d.

In this month\'s Autocar review of Superb, the TD is again given as 11.1m.
This gets more confusing as I found the UK superb brochure also gives the TD of 11.1m. So, is it 11.7m for LHD and 11.1m for RHD configuration ?
https://tools.skoda.co.uk/content/br...superb2015.pdf

Also, Skoda India website brochure says TD of 11.1m while webpage says 11.7m - go figure!
http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/download...rb-leaflet.pdf
http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/n...erb/tech-specs
Which one is the correct value for Superb in India ? Trust Skoda to mess up even specs like Turning diameter :-(

The diesel 0-100kmph timing seems to have some accuracy issues in Autocar test. I also noticed that the Skoda India Superb kerb weights are much higher than that reported in UK / Germany - maybe trim features etc related but still for 1.8DSG and for 2.0TDI DSG seems too much.

Hello,

I booked superb around end of February in Kolkata. I was assured delivery by end of April. Now when I call the dealer for update he says they don\'t know anything and Skoda will directly call me and intimate delivery of vehicle. According to him Skoda is directly dealing with Superb deliveries to customers.

Please let me know whether this is true?

Thank you.

Skoda Auto, the Czech auto major, rolled out it\'s 1,00,000th 3rd generation Superb from it\'s Kvasiny plant\'s assembly line on May 11th.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skoda.jpg

The Superb was introduced to world markets in 2001, and has seen production of over 8,50,000 units till now.

The 3rd-gen Superb was introduced in the Indian market in February 2016.

Quote:

Commenting on the milestone, Michael Oeljeklaus, Skoda Auto board member for Production and Logistics said, “The production of this highly modern car is a testament to the outstanding competence of the Kvasiny plant and its employees. The name Superb represents one of the best and most successful models in the automotive mid-class. This third-generation model will continue the Superb’s success story in the coming months and years.”

The third-generation Superb is more powerful than its predecessors and up to 30 percent more economical thanks to the new EU-6 engines. It was also given the ‘Red Dot Award’ for its product design.
Autocar Professional

Related read: Official Team-BHP review of the 3rd-Gen Skoda Superb

1,00,000 copies of 3rd gen already! Wow that was quick, considering they have averaged about 50,000 units since 2001 to 2015. In less than a year the new Superb has already clocked double of that. :thumbs up

Skoda is going great guns. Sad that the Indian arm is still struggling. Their global success is turning out to be a pain point for the Indian arm as they unable to get kit allocation. :eek:

Quote:

Skoda is going great guns. Sad that the Indian arm is still struggling. Their global success is turning out to be a pain point for the Indian arm as they unable to get kit allocation
May be they also do better coverage via warranty and service in other places where people see Skoda as a brand to trust. In India Skoda is probably on the top the list when it comes to bad PR, bad service and overall highest risk of poor service. Dont get me wrong Skoda owners, its the perception i am talking about.

Few bad apples dont make the basket useless but in this case i have only seen bad apples when it comes to Skoda dealers in India.

Here is Jeremy clarkson's take on the skoda superb. As always spectacular writing. clap:

http://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews...superb-estate/

Its been almost 2 weeks that i have noticed just too many new superb's on the road, And also have to mention, The skoda service centre being near my place i get to see atleast 2-3 New superb's either going in or coming out from the service centre, I am too tempted to sell my jetta and get the superb, Just too much confusion though.

So Auto Car India has released that Skoda is planning to add Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) to the Superb to improve the ride quality.

Amazingly, I have not seen any new Superbs in Bangalore as yet!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlokSuman (Post 3965705)
The car was delivered on with standard accessories by Tafe Access here at Bangalore with charge. There are 2 umbrella's. Did not receive trunk net that was not part of standard list. Also they did not have it with them.

Why dont you write a letter to Skoda MD and get this sorted ? Hopefully youve already done it.

I wanted to ask you, how is the car ? I test drove and am close to finalising but found the AC very ineffective ? Please post a small update so people close to finalising can find it useful. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by M00M (Post 3979723)
Why dont you write a letter to Skoda MD and get this sorted ? Hopefully youve already done it.

I wanted to ask you, how is the car ? I test drove and am close to finalising but found the AC very ineffective ? Please post a small update so people close to finalising can find it useful. Thanks

Was thinking of writing the impression of the car. Was lazy in transferring few pictures from the mobile.

I had written to the Skoda MD's mail id. Promptly received a call back. Was satisfied with their explanation so didn't pursue it further.

Our impression of the Car after about 2000 kms.
Model 1.8 TSI MT Style. Tyres changed to Yokohama Advan Sport 225/55/17 ZR 101Y.
Fuel used: Shell Power.
Have driven the car in bumper to bumper traffic at Bangalore and one long ride to Chikmanglur.

Good things:
1. You do not feel the size of the Car.
2. Very easy to drive in traffic with the steering quite light at low speeds but with good feel.
3. Quite fun to drive when you let the car stretch its wings. It seriously likes to fly. Steering wheel gives back good feedback and you feel in control all the time.
4. Handling is fabulous for a car of this size at all speeds. I was pleasantly surprised was not expecting it. Takes the curves with ease.
5. Braking is extremely good. Balance of the car at high speed braking is very inspiring.
6. This engine gives you mileage if you want that and performance if you desire that.
7. Did a test one day and got average mileage if 14.4 in Bangalore one day which included a trip to airport, driving on Outer ring road and Whitefield(Picture 2). At one point average mileage was 14.8(Picture 1). Did not go above 80 kmph.
8. Very good value for money car. Solid quality and feels humongous from inside. We are very happy with the car. Of course does not have the badge.

Scope for improvement:
1. The OEM tyres are bad and needs to be changed. Grip is bad, handling is poor, too noisy and less comfortable ride. I changed the tyres after one week.
2. Cabin sound as higher speeds can be improved. Not too much of a concern.
3. AC is good but sometimes seems to struggle little bit if the difference between cabin temp and outside temp is less, takes more time to cool the car. Back passengers have never complained but I felt it 1-2 times in driving seat. It may also be because of wrong setting.

Overall very happy with the car and definitely recommend buying the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambodara (Post 3971331)
Hello,

I booked superb around end of February in Kolkata. I was assured delivery by end of April. Now when I call the dealer for update he says they don't know anything and Skoda will directly call me and intimate delivery of vehicle. According to him Skoda is directly dealing with Superb deliveries to customers.

Please let me know whether this is true?

Thank you.

Skoda is calling after the car is delivered to you. They had called to confirm the booking and cross check the details of the buyer. Before the delivery the dealer was giving the updates. Yes they were giving only tentative dates. Dealers can see the manufacturing schedule for the month and will atleast will be able to tell if the car is coming in that particular month or not.

This is the impression I got with Tafe Access at Bangalore.

Visited the Skoda showroom in Gurgaon yesterday. The new Superb is as beautiful and with as tastefully done interiors as it seems in this review by S!!. The sales manager said that diesel bookings wont start till year end and petrol deliveries will take 4 months. The MT version, which I am interested in, is not available in the top end L&K version. On being prodded he claimed that the AT problems of the last model have been sorted out. Proof will be in eating the pudding lad. I will wait a year and read the owners reviews that hopefully will come up and then decide in end-2017 whether to go for the new Superb or not. While Skoda is often at the receiving end at Team BHP and often with good reason I have been a Skoda customer for a decade and have been satisfied with the products (Laura MT, Superb MT) and within limits of tolerance with the service.