Team-BHP - Skoda Superb : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Skoda Superb : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/175340-skoda-superb-official-review-10.html)

Summary of the 4 years/60000 kms maintenance package:
Skoda Superb : Official Review-skoda-maintenance-package-summary.png

Detailed terms:
Skoda Maintenance Package.pdf

Skoda has started dispatching MY 2017 cars which have more options for ambient lighting, bigger touch screen and navigation built in. No DSC yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by M00M (Post 4071179)
Skoda has started dispatching MY 2017 cars which have more options for ambient lighting, bigger touch screen and navigation built in. No DSC yet.

Does anyone know if the larger 8 inch infotainment system in MY 2017 cars is restricted to the L&K version or is it available for the Style version as well?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 84.monsoon (Post 4072656)
Does anyone know if the larger 8 inch infotainment system in MY 2017 cars is restricted to the L&K version or is it available for the Style version as well?

The dealer had informed me but I have forgotten, sorry. Also forgot to mention it now comes with 3 keys instead of 2.

I was wondering why isn't the new Superb selling well when it is priced quite competitively. Since launch I have not seen a single brand new Superb in my district yet. While on a TD I enquired with my dealer and he said till date there was only 1 purchase of the Superb in my district :eek: But during the Endeavour launch there were 7 confirmed purchases in my district.

That's truly shocking especially when you compare how truly VFM this car is and after seeing all the great reviews online plus the great warranties Skoda is providing, why isn't Skoda selling in bucket loads.

I can only think of the below reasons.

1) In the 30 Lakh price bracket, people may cross shop with SUV's like the Endeavour and Fortuner since our's is an SUV obsessed nation.

2) Skoda's scary after sales and poor reliability concerns of the DSG in Petrol variant.

3) Poor resale value.

4) Too much similarity with Octavia ( Both interior and exterior )

Yes, all of this is true. It is indeed a value product that we in India are getting more or less in tandem with the global market. There are not enough kits available even globally to meet the strong response this sedan is creating.

However, the Superb is steeply
priced, with the top L&K variant priced close to Rs. 36 Lakhs on road. At this price point, there is competition from the BMW X1 and even the 3 series due to the steep discounts on the latter. Although they are different categories, pleple do cross shop a bit in the entry luxury category.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 84.monsoon (Post 4085078)
Yes, all of this is true. It is indeed a value product that we in India are getting more or less in tandem with the global market. There are not enough kits available even globally to meet the strong response this sedan is creating.

However, the Superb is steeply
priced, with the top L&K variant priced close to Rs. 36 Lakhs on road. At this price point, there is competition from the BMW X1 and even the 3 series due to the steep discounts on the latter. Although they are different categories, pleple do cross shop a bit in the entry luxury category.

I really don't believe people will cross shop with other German luxury car's mainly because,

1) even after discounts the Germans will still be more expensive by 4-5 Lakhs.

2) Even at that price point the Germans will be heavily under-equipped.

3) They are a lot smaller in space too.

I am seriously considering TSI L&K for my next car. Can some of the fellow owners of third gen superb throw light on

1. Any recent issues with 7 speed DSG?
2. Back seat ride quality?
3. Any year end deals going on?

Any inputs are highly appreciated!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselDelight (Post 4105761)
I am seriously considering TSI L&K for my next car. Can some of the fellow owners of third gen superb throw light on

Although I don't own one, but last month I had a chance to Look, Feel & Drive one.

Here are my observations.

1. It looks apart, there is some Exclusivity with this car & the size further enhances it. It's arguably the best looking car in its segment.

2. The Interiors though similar to Octavia are very rich & luxurious. Quality everywhere is top notch.

3. Seats are extremely comfortable especially the front. The Rear one is however a tad upright to my liking. Camry takes the honour's here.

4. Now coming to Engine part, the one I drove was Diesel & for the most part it is a very good choice. Yes you will miss the refinement of Petrol, but this engine itself is only audible outside.

5. Performance was good with the car having enough power throughout the revband. DSG Gearbox is smooth & quick and it makes things a lot easier. The Additional torque helps when one wants to overtake quickly.

6. That additional 30 bhp does help in feeling powerful when compared to current car (Jetta).

7. The Petrol TSi is also very good. It's fast & smooth. I have driven Octavia 1.8 TSI and it is a beast.

So, now coming to you're queries

1. This 7 Speed DSG has been updated sometime back. So, I don't expect it to cause problems like the Older one.

But to be on the safer side, I prefer the 6 Speed DSG of Diesel

2. Back seat Ride is very good, it's only the seat which is a tad upright.

3. Discounts - Well Not really, this car is in demand and I don't expect much discounts apart from some free accessories or in a rare case, Free Insurance

Unless you are looking only at Petrol, The Diesel makes better sense IMO because of 3 Major Factors (Resale, Reliable 6 Speed DSG, Fuel Efficiency).

Cheers.

Last weekend, did a round trip between Coimbatore and Bangalore with my parents. Set the cruise control at the legal speed limit, mode to Eco and let the car's electronics do most of the work.

The results were awesome - it managed an overall mileage figure of 21 kmpl.

I am a very happy camper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselDelight (Post 4105761)

Here you go:
7 Speed DSG - Cannot throw much light on that since I have not heard any complaints recently and besides, I bought the 2.0TDI L&K with the 6 speed DSG

Back Seat Ride Quality - My mother, who is 75 and has a back problem (prolapsed disc) found the ride very good over an 800 km highway run. She has not complained even within town. Speaking for myself, I too found the ride pretty good.

Year end deals - was at the Skoda dealer yesterday and they did not have any.

Hope this helps

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishsreedharan (Post 4107222)

I am a very happy camper.

Would you be posting a thread on your owner's review of this car? When did you buy it. Please post some photos. It would be a first for Team BHP.

Concerns with the automatic gearbox of the new model are high on my list. I guess enough time has not elapsed to say how reliable will it be in the long run. As a current Superb owner (2010 MT model) I would give it high marks on back seat comfort, leg space, torque, driving quality, looks and convenience for the back seat passenger. Only the gearbox remains a question mark.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V.Narayan (Post 4108390)
Would you be posting a thread on your owner's review of this car? When did you buy it. Please post some photos. It would be a first for Team BHP.

Concerns with the automatic gearbox of the new model are high on my list. I guess enough time has not elapsed to say how reliable will it be in the long run. As a current Superb owner (2010 MT model) I would give it high marks on back seat comfort, leg space, torque, driving quality, looks and convenience for the back seat passenger. Only the gearbox remains a question mark.

I will post an ownership review at the earliest.

The gearbox is not the gremlin affected 7 speed. its the 6 speed which has served quite well in various VAG vehicles I believe.

After going through hundreds of pages on Skoda Superb and Octavia, I am mentally prepared for Superb TSI L&K with 7 speed DSG :)

Went through a long list of test drives from Elantra, SantaFE, Corolla Altis, Superb TDI/TSI,Camry hybrid and so on. stupid:

This time, I was prepared to buy Japanese or Korean, however the value offered by Superb is exceptional. There is no offer available, during the era of demonitization :Frustrati

Only Elantra and Camry were comparable to Europeans. Camry hybrid was a surprise to me, very good balance of dynamics and excellent comfort.
Camry Hybrid is expecting a minor face lift in Jan17 with some price revision.
did not like SantaFE and Altis, they were too old and basic for my needs and wants!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselDelight (Post 4115060)
After going through hundreds of pages on Skoda Superb and Octavia, I am mentally prepared for Superb TSI L&K with 7 speed DSG :)

You will not be disappointed. It's super silent and drives like a dream. Enjoy!