Team-BHP - Skoda Superb : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Skoda Superb : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/175340-skoda-superb-official-review-7.html)

Few points about the car which got missed.

1. Ground clearance is good. It has still not scraped any speed bump. Even with luggage in the boot.
2. One clear negative point is spare tyre. It’s unbelievable to see this from the company. Still not been able to comprehend why. How much will the company save by this.

Looks like my dad has already made his decision to cancel the booking of Crysta. As said earlier, he was bit apprehensive of going for a diesel in the first place. I convinced him by citing the better resale value Innova commands. With the latest ruling, I don't think I can convince him to go and purchase the Innova.

Anyway, my dad called up early morning and started to enquire about the new Superb , he like the brand very much. In fact, twice, he went to showroom to checkout the Laura, previously. He doesn't go to a showroom unless he is very much interested. Third time lucky/unlucky, maybe, let us see.

I don't want him to go for the Skoda, my biggest worry is after sales and services. Personally, I prefer him to purchase the Innova and use it for 10 years than go for the Skoda

Guys, how good/bad, it will be, if we go for the manual variant. I hope most of the horror stories regarding the services is because of the unreliable automatic gear box.

Skoda users from Kerala, it will be really helpful, if you can give me feedback regarding the after sale services.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecenandu (Post 3981093)
Guys, how good/bad, it will be, if we go for the manual variant. I hope most of the horror stories regarding the services is because of the unreliable automatic gear box.

I think with MT you need not to worry about any major break-down as most of the Skoda/VW cases are related to DSG failure.

Last year we picked up a Rapid DSG even though I was totally against it but then no one listens to me at home.:Frustrati

So far everything is good but that fear of gear-box giving up is constantly playing in the background.

Thankfully, the dealer here in Pune is excellent and honest (rare for Skodas).

Just check that the dealer there is decent and you should be fine with MT Superb. BTW, it is an excellent product. Used it for sometime in Europe and totally fell in love with it. Build like a tank and it ages gracefully unlike the Japanese.

Quote:

I don't want him to go for the Skoda, my biggest worry is after sales and services. Personally, I prefer him to purchase the Innova and use it for 10 years than go for the Skoda

I have both the Skoda and a Toyota (Fortuner) in question and let me tell you I have much more fun in the Skoda than I ever had in the Toyota. Tell your dad to search and go through both my threads on TeamBhp. Go for the MT Petrol if you want further peace of mind. Yes, you will have to be ready for less than perfect after sales but then to relish the rose you need to live with the thorns too... Lolz

Cheers...

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_skyliner (Post 3981134)
I think with MT you need not to worry about any major break-down as most of the Skoda/VW cases are related to DSG failure.

Last year we picked up a Rapid DSG even though I was totally against it but then no one listens to me at home.:Frustrati

So far everything is good but that fear of gear-box giving up is constantly playing in the background.

Thankfully, the dealer here in Pune is excellent and honest (rare for Skodas).

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3981211)
I have both the Skoda and a Toyota (Fortuner) in question and let me tell you I have much more fun in the Skoda than I ever had in the Toyota. Tell your dad to search and go through both my threads on TeamBhp. Go for the MT Petrol if you want further peace of mind. Yes, you will have to be ready for less than perfect after sales but then to relish the rose you need to live with the thorns too... Lolz

Thank you guys, for the feedback.

I will forward your Ownership threads to my dad, dkaile.

Guys, need feedback on Skoda Drive Assure, looks like a good option to have. But devil is in the details, so, just wanted to be sure that I haven't missed any minor details.
Skoda Assure

With the above, the investment on the car is safe guarded for initial few years, at least.

The sales executive is coming home tomorrow to assess the resale value of our City. Will keep you guys posted on the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by M00M (Post 3979271)
So Auto Car India has released that Skoda is planning to add Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) to the Superb to improve the ride quality.

Any news on this, I couldn't find this news on the Autocar web portal though.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-whatsappimage20160525.jpeg

Here is the price list of Skoda cars in Kerala.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecenandu (Post 3981997)
Any news on this, I couldn't find this news on the Autocar web portal though.

I was also intrigued by this post of Skoda India adding Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) to the Superb AFTER the soft launch even though they have carried out so much testing in India.

I also understand that DCC is a pretty expensive option (1000 euros +) and needs variable dampers plus allied servo motors / ECU upgrades etc to be added. Net net, it is not a simple matter.

Confusingly enough, there is also a "Driving Mode Selection' (DMS) option where the driver can choose Normal, Sport, Eco and Individual (i.e. customized). The car will then adapt the engine torque, accelerator sensitivity, power steering, headlight control (where Adaptive Frontlight System is fitted), DSG transmission, and air conditioning to suit the profile selected.
Refer: http://www.skoda.com.au/models/hotsp...1-3493de7dea3a

EDIT: The India-spec car has DMS only on the L&K top variant: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3958552

In summary, I think Skoda India maybe considering adding DMS to all Superb variants as it is relatively easy w.r.t. the ECU (i.e. software-related) which anywaycontrols all these components.

To furtherdifferentiate the L&K variant, they may add DCC to it which will take it up to the "VRS" level in terms of chassis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 3982064)

EDIT: The India-spec car has DMS only on the L&K top variant: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3958552

In summary, I think Skoda India maybe considering adding DMS to all Superb variants as it is relatively easy w.r.t. the ECU (i.e. software-related) which anywaycontrols all these components.

To furtherdifferentiate the L&K variant, they may add DCC to it which will take it up to the "VRS" level in terms of chassis.

Hmmm, if this is the case, then one rather wait before going for the Style ? Those DMS settings are good to have!

Quote:

Anyway, my dad called up early morning and started to enquire about the new Superb , he like the brand very much. In fact, twice, he went to showroom to checkout the Laura, previously. He doesn't go to a showroom unless he is very much interested. Third time lucky/unlucky, maybe, let us see.

So, the car hunt saga continues.

I was explaining the D segment sedans, criteria was it has to petrol and manual, I suggested him the Corolla.

Dad: Hmm, so its either Corolla or Superb.
Me: But Superb is 10 lakhs more expensive and is a segment above Corolla.
Dad: Yeah, I know.

Dad is totally sold on Superb, you see.

But there is a catch, he was ready to take a loan and buy it, but I told him to wait and get the necessary funds ready and buy it outright rather than go for the loan.

The real reason is I will be chipping in some money to buy his car, I can't afford the whole amount but I can chip in half at least. My surprise for the old chap, let him roll in style :D.

Hope everything workout as planned. And thank you, National Green Tribunal, if not, he would have bought the Innova instead, not that it is a bad car, he selected it mainly because of me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecenandu (Post 3982836)
So, the car hunt saga continues.

Dad is totally sold on Superb, you see.

Hope everything workout as planned. And thank you, National Green Tribunal, if not, he would have bought the Innova instead, not that it is a bad car, he selected it mainly because of me.

So you tell me that you'll persuade him to wait in the Innova thread and enjoy the NGT ruling in this one lol:

Both are good cars. You can't go wrong with either one except the DSG caveat in Superb.

Enjoy whichever one you end up buying. Cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by t2k4 (Post 3983043)
So you tell me that you'll persuade him to wait in the Innova thread and enjoy the NGT ruling in this one lol:

Both are good cars. You can't go wrong with either one except the DSG caveat in Superb.

Enjoy whichever one you end up buying. Cheers.

I didn't get you, mate.

Its more complicated. This is the path, so far.

Hyundai Creta -> Innova Crysta VX -> Innova Crysta ZX -> Superb 1.8 TSI MT.

For Creta, we almost paid the booking amount. Innova, paid 1 lakh, after they started taking the booking amount, officially.

Superb, is the current choice. Budget: 25 - 32 Lakhs(now), the initial budget was 15 lakhs.

My dad doesn't like the big Germans. Anyway, for the budget we have there no great cars from the big Germans.

He is the primary user of the car, so I left him to choose one, at last. The main reason for pushing the Toyota brand from my side was for the reliability and also because of good feedback from relatives.

These car purchases, I tell you, defies logic, sometimes.

Hi

Getting mine tomorrow in candy white.
Going for Pirelli cinturato P7 225/55 R17. Is this a good option?

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 3965215)
I Agree Santosh, something is fishy in that 0-100 timing of 7.83 secs for the Indian spec Diesel.

I say this because the original spec diesel having 190 hp & 400 NM does this sprint in 7.7 seconds as per SKODA UK Website.

So, with 16 hp & 50 NM less in Indian version it still manages to do similar timing which is really surprising :Shockked:

Forget the UK Superb, the new Superb is faster to 140 kmph than even the latest 320d with its new engine giving out 190 Bhp and 400 Nm of torque. It's even faster than the BMW in the in-gear acceleration timings !!

Slightly OT, but yet to see a single unit on road!

Very strange considering Chd usually has a plethora of high end cars easily visible. Tough to understand what is keeping people from buying this wonderful car.

Or maybe the price creeping into the German territory might have role to play?