Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2016, 13:51   #616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Have finally decided to buy the Innova 2.8 GX Auto.

EDIT - Tried seraching the forum for reviews on the 2.8GX. There seems to be none.

Benny
Well, look at Sankar's posts. He was one of the first ones on this forum to buy at 2.8 GX (white, too) and has since then converted it almost to the top model in terms of interiors, accessories, and exteriors (LED lights, et all). You will find his posts very comprehensive with pictures.

I too have bought a 2.8 GX which has now run 2500 odd km. I must say that I am more than satisfied with the car.

Yes, it has an inconsistent revving and pickup on lower gears, but I am getting around to syncing my foot's pressure on the accelerator to match the changing gears. Will post when I achieve a fair bit of control on this.

For now all the upgrade I have done is installing a Pioneer P99Rs with 6 channel pioneer (basic amplifiers) for all 6 channels active output while using the same stock speakers. Am waiting for my set of speakers from my vendor in China and will post complete details in the ICE forum when I complete the upgrade. The dashboard does not look too great with a single DIN deck from yesteryears, but the quality (even on stock speakers) more than makes it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Have any discounts started on the Innova Crysta?
Well, looking at the number of new Crystas appearing on the roads on a daily basis, I would be surprised if we will see discounts on Crysta anytime soon. Even the demonetization does not seem to have affected Crysta's sales- but let us wait for the sales figures for November and December to be out. Last week I was in Mumbai and the hotel I stayed in near the airport had 7 brand new white manual Crystas standing in the lobby!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th December 2016 at 14:42. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts.
Old 13th December 2016, 14:09   #617
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Most people I know who had previous generation Innovas have moved to the new Crysta. Talk about loyalty even with steep increase in price.

Will this flood the second hand market with previous generation Innovas ? I still dont see many yet with second hand dealers.
Old 13th December 2016, 21:54   #618
Senior - BHPian

Can we do a mileage check poll here?

On my GX AT 2.8 which i have run 5000 km on so far - 5.2 kmpl to 6.2 kmpl in Mumbai inner city crawl, and 9 kmpl on a run to Goa when new with a light foot, 10ish with ultra light foot. In Inner City Mumbai Traffic I feel 5 to 6 is really uninspiring when compared to my survey with Fortuner Auto users over the years of 7kmpl for it, Crysta being lighter should at the least give 8-9 kmpl. A friend who has crossed 10k in a 2.8 Auto and the Service centre rep claim a jump after 10k oils change. Any inputs from other users would be welcome!
canonball is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 13:08   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
If it helps, for my 2012 Honda City, all 5 stock (MRF ZVTV) tyres developed 'bubbles' on the tyre walls / driving surface over a period of 4 years (my driving is careful, I feel). One by one had to replace all stocks. One as recent as last week, which was the 5th (spare) tyre.

Obviously manufacturing defect for those lot of tyres from MRF. The replacement MRF ZVTV tyres seem to be ok so far.

Hope this info helps.
MRF ZVTV is notorious for these bubbles. We had faced the same issue that you mentioned on our Maruti Suzuki Zen. The only difference was that it happened around 2009. And it did happen with every single tyre and it started developing these bubbles from 3 years on.
Old 14th December 2016, 13:54   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post

On my GX AT 2.8 which i have run 5000 km on so far - 5.2 kmpl to 6.2 kmpl in Mumbai inner city crawl, and 9 kmpl on a run to Goa when new with a light foot, 10ish with ultra light foot. In Inner City Mumbai Traffic I feel 5 to 6 is really uninspiring when compared to my survey with Fortuner Auto users over the years of 7kmpl for it, Crysta being lighter should at the least give 8-9 kmpl. A friend who has crossed 10k in a 2.8 Auto and the Service centre rep claim a jump after 10k oils change. Any inputs from other users would be welcome!
5.2-6.2 is really very very low. I thought 9-10 was the norm but looks like that is the case only for highway travels. There goes my dream to own the Auto Innova some time in the future. Hopefully the Manual folks are getting much better mileage.
Old 14th December 2016, 18:25   #621
BHPian

Quote:

It is very low. In my GX AT 2.8 , the worst I observed is 8 kmpl and best is 12.5 kmpl. Usually normal and eco modes are used. There seem to be something wrong with the car. Is it stuck in power mode always ?

Last edited by vinayasurya : 14th December 2016 at 18:26. Reason: fixing a typo
Old 14th December 2016, 23:00   #622
BHPian

Mileage: worst I have got is 8.5kmpl and best was 16.5kmpl with a light foot in eco mode. Mine is 2.8zx.

BTW a nice video on design philosophy around crysta.

Last edited by smekad : 14th December 2016 at 23:03.
smekad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 10:20   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
MRF ZVTV is notorious for these bubbles. We had faced the same issue that you mentioned on our Maruti Suzuki Zen. The only difference was that it happened around 2009. And it did happen with every single tyre and it started developing these bubbles from 3 years on.
Thanks. Good to know. I thought it was just that batch of MRF ZVTVs, but now I understand the 'notorious' part. I agree, somehow the MRF ZVTVs did not feel 'solid'. Contrary to this the Good Year stocks on my Getz GLS lasted close to 5 years with relatively 'more abuse' compared to the ZVTVs. The spare Good Year on my Getz is still as is, unused. I have replaced with stocks on my Getz with Yokohama and they are rugged to (again compared to ZVTVs).

I am thinking, based on the less than perfect experience I had with the stock ZVTVs, should I get a decent price for the relatively 'new' ZVTVs that I currently have, may be I can replace them with Yokohama / Michelin XM2. Otherwise I may not get any price, should bubble start appearing on the newer ZVTVs.

Coming back to the Innova tyres that started this discussion, it is hard to imagine some of the folks reported issues with Innova stocks too. Innovas & Fortuners are supposed to be trouble free (QA passed) vehicles from the Toyota stable. When I looked at the Innova & Fortuner in the showroom, the tyres on them appeared to be pretty 'solid', specially on the 17" wheels.

Last edited by geotracks : 15th December 2016 at 10:26. Reason: Innova reference
Old 15th December 2016, 11:08   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Coming back to the Innova tyres that started this discussion, it is hard to imagine some of the folks reported issues with Innova stocks too. Innovas & Fortuners are supposed to be trouble free (QA passed) vehicles from the Toyota stable. When I looked at the Innova & Fortuner in the showroom, the tyres on them appeared to be pretty 'solid', specially on the 17" wheels.
With the Innova, this seems to be an altogether difference issue where Toyota used too low a profile for such a heavy vehicle which is supposed to run on pot hole filled roads of our country. This causes the "pinching phenomenon" which causes the sidewall to give away. A harder sidewall might help it at the cost of some comfort ( which has already taken a beating due to the lower profiles ). The correct solution here seems to be to lower the profile of the tyre ( like in the lower variants of the Crysta ).
Old 16th December 2016, 21:20   #625
BHPian

Quote:
If it helps, for my 2012 Honda City, all 5 stock (MRF ZVTV) tyres developed 'bubbles' on the tyre walls / driving surface over a period of 4 years (my driving is careful, I feel). One by one had to replace all stocks. One as recent as last week, which was the 5th (spare) tyre.

Obviously manufacturing defect for those lot of tyres from MRF. The replacement MRF ZVTV tyres seem to be ok so far.

Hope this info helps.
Sorry for replying late. I would suggest to take the vehicle to a MRF service centre nearest to your place (in Chennai it is in Ekkattuthangal somewhere near KLN motors). They could check and provide an update on this. If it is a manufacturing defect, then you could get a replacement with some proportionate payment, since it is used for some time or may be full replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Then why not take it up with MRF. Take the vehicle to Technical service centre of MRF in Kochi or nearest place (not dealer's place)and make them test and provide a report. If it is a manufacturing defect, you should get compensation by way of replacement. Why not try it out.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th December 2016 at 22:01.
Old 17th December 2016, 09:05   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepnair View Post
Sorry for replying late. I would suggest to take the vehicle to a MRF service centre nearest to your place (in Chennai it is in Ekkattuthangal somewhere near KLN motors). They could check and provide an update on this. If it is a manufacturing defect, then you could get a replacement with some proportionate payment, since it is used for some time or may be full replacement.
Thanks. Actually the local Honda dealer here was very helpful. They coordinated the change with MRF service center and I got new replacements (one at a time) by paying a small difference (depreciated value deduction).
Old 18th December 2016, 01:46   #627
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Then you are not in much dilemma then, are you buddy? 😊 Since the thought process is that the Toyota is a better product, then the rattles and fuel efficiency shouldn't matter. Notwithstanding, the manual is giving me 11-13 in difficult city traffic. On highways you can expect to touch 15 with light foot.
Wow, 15 is a great number. My car is arriving on 20th let see how it performs.
Old 18th December 2016, 10:47   #628
BHPian

Quote:

On my GX AT 2.8 which i have run 5000 km on so far - 5.2 kmpl to 6.2 kmpl in Mumbai inner city crawl, and 9 kmpl on a run to Goa when new with a light foot, 10ish with ultra light foot.
My 2.8 GX shows me 11 km on the odometer. It started with 9.9 and rose up steadily 1 notch at a time to 11 now around the 2700 km mark. This is all in local NCR running with maximum time spent in Noida in mixed peak and non peak times.
rajivrt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 13:26   #629
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivrt View Post
My 2.8 GX shows me 11 km on the odometer. It started with 9.9 and rose up steadily 1 notch at a time to 11 now around the 2700 km mark. This is all in local NCR running with maximum time spent in Noida in mixed peak and non peak times.
Is your car AT or MT?

This is the kind of mileage I expect from the 2.8 AT 4x4 Fortuner too. Anything around 12 on the highway would be wonderful.

Having said that, please check on tankful to tankful method as the mileage on the MID is misleading (read - higher than actual)
Old 18th December 2016, 14:37   #630
BHPian

AT. In fact 2.8 in Crysta is only offered in AT so no confusion there. Tankful to tankful was close to the MID reading last couple of times I checked- around 480 km to 43-44 liters. Two points to report here:

1. After the initial few km, I switched on to the Eco mode and have been driving on Eco since then. Even the normal mode made the car behave irrationally at times during city driving (continued acceleration after letting go of the accelerator owing to change of gears).

2. I do a fair bit of idling several times during the day and I don't switch off the engine even when facing a traffic signal of several minutes.

3. I try to sync my accelerator movement with the supposed change of gears, and drive fairly sedately at lower speeds trying to keep the rpm below 2k at all times. But then my general commute is less than 50 km each day, with an occasional Delhi/Gurgaon trip from Noida on which days I drive 80-100 km. I do get a fair amount of ideal speed at night when I return back from office so that might also be a factor in the higher initial mileage over other Crysta AT drivers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks