Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2019, 20:30   #2116
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Is there a new innova on the cards anytime soon?
By tradition, the soonest would be 2026, could be more than that.

Though in this age of EVs, CAFE and regulations don't know for sure

But you can expect a major update by 2020-21.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 23:04   #2117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I am told Manual touring sport is hard find, most dealers don't have this specimen.Some say its easier to find a white Bengal tiger than Manual Touring sport.
I would add a petrol automatic Crysta test drive vehicle also to this list of rare finds. It was so scarce back during my research days that i had to buy the diesel turning blind on the petrol just like that.

Quote:
From what I heard from dealer, recent upgraded GX has helped pull in a lot of white board clients and price hike have made yellow boards look elsewhere.
I would agree, the addition of the music system, good speakers, steering control and cruise control (automatic) to the base model made it a great deal for the GX.

I think the introduction of the G model below GX helped put some more numbers on the board but some yellow plates are evaluating older Ertiga that Maruti let go at 1 lakh + discount and to an extent Marrazo too, numbers have started increasing on the road. In general, transport business is less in good health these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Would you also know how to keep its audio system on mute if I have muted it before the call. The audio system plays on its own after I disconnect a call or when the car starts/system reboot.
I do not think this can be done. What you can do is while call is about to end hit the power touch button on the top right corner of the music system. It will not interrupt your call but will stop the radio. Otherwise from your steering control press the Mode/Hold button to cycle through the sources like AM / FM etc and pause when you come to the Aux which will also give you silence unless you have aux device plugged in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Is there a new innova on the cards anytime soon?
Expect the BS6 upgrade to bring new features alongwith price hike. There are lot of rumours for a 2020 updated model on internet but i do not think the changes will be major to the exterior.

Last edited by haisaikat : 4th December 2019 at 23:06.
haisaikat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 09:20   #2118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayak648o View Post
Sir,
I have experienced the same issue in my vehicle (2.8 Z) even after alignment (at Moti Nagar), also experienced tyre wear on front due to miss-alignment of the tyre, had switch the rear tyre with the fronts to compensate and get alignment done again(moti nagar).

But recently I have noticed the vehicle is again pulling towards the left, but i am not able to diagnose the root cause of the problem. Since the steering is hydraulic you can feel the pull on the steering wheel. My Innova is due for service next month and I am going to discuss it service representative in detail, will update on this thread.

There is a problem as I drive mostly on well paved roads and car shouldn't loose alignment every 3000 kilometres.
I got the alignment done at a Brigestone franchise in sector 20 Dwarka, The mechanic had worked in Galaxy Toyota,Moti nagar for 2.5yrs earlier.He said that the toe is out after checking his alignment machine and corrected it.
After getting the alignment done, I did a test drive and was satisfied.Did 950plus kms Delhi-binsar return trip post that with a lot of hill driving.The problem is successfuly resolved and the drive is much less stressful.The car tends to tire you a lot lesser.Infact I did the longest drive of my life.13hrs back from Binsar to Delhi with hill and night driving.
Lesson learnt : Don't trust the alignment thinking that it's a new car.Get the alignment done if you think there is an issue.The TASS will not admit that it's faulty and you'll loose your driving pleasure and TYRES.

Last edited by caraholic : 8th December 2019 at 09:38.
caraholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 09:49   #2119
BHPian

A couple of weeks back, while traveling on a road which was under construction with lot of loose sharp stones and dirt, I heard a loud “thaak” noise. At first I thought that a loose stone may have hit the underside of the vehicle. Simultaneously I saw a mini goods carrier overtaking me, and then on second thoughts I concluded that a loose stone flinging from under the tire of the mini good carrier could have hit the side of my Innova. I thought once I reach my destination, I’d inspect the side of my vehicle to determine the damage or mark that could have been made by the flying stone.

Later on close inspection of the vehicle, realized that the front right quarter window glass had cracked giving the appearance of a spider web. I have a full coverage insurance from Toyota and so I called the showroom and got appointment for the upcoming weekend. Once I got to the showroom, thinking that I had full zero depreciation coverage from Toyota, all damages would be covered. To my surprise I was told that any insurance claim would require me to pay Rs. 2,000 as ‘claims processing charge’ The total bill for a new quarter glass along with labor was estimated at around Rs. 3,600.

Further, since I was up for renewal of my annual insurance, I was told by Toyota insurance claims staff, that my no claim bonus (NCB) would be affected for the upcoming insurance premium, if I were to claim insurance of Rs. 1,600 (Rs. 3,600 – Rs. 2,000) for my quarter glass replacement. Having no choice, I ended up paying Rs. 3,600 for the replacement.
geotracks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 12:26   #2120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post

Later on close inspection of the vehicle, realized that the front right quarter window glass had cracked giving the appearance of a spider web. I

Further, since I was up for renewal of my annual insurance, I was told by Toyota insurance claims staff, that my no claim bonus (NCB) would be affected for the upcoming insurance premium, if I were to claim insurance of Rs. 1,600 (Rs. 3,600 – Rs. 2,000) for my quarter glass replacement. Having no choice, I ended up paying Rs. 3,600 for the replacement.
So was this a hit by the stone or shock? Yes, there is a minimum deduction of 2000 for the policy , nothing new.
Old 8th December 2019, 16:10   #2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraholic View Post
I got the alignment done at a Brigestone franchise in sector 20 Dwarka, The mechanic had worked in Galaxy Toyota,Moti nagar for 2.5yrs earlier.He said that the toe is out after checking his alignment machine and corrected it.
After getting the alignment done, I did a test drive and was satisfied.Did 950plus kms Delhi-binsar return trip post that with a lot of hill driving.The problem is successfuly resolved and the drive is much less stressful.The car tends to tire you a lot lesser.Infact I did the longest drive of my life.13hrs back from Binsar to Delhi with hill and night driving.
Lesson learnt : Don't trust the alignment thinking that it's a new car.Get the alignment done if you think there is an issue.The TASS will not admit that it's faulty and you'll loose your driving pleasure and TYRES.
Sir, great suggestion will follow your advice and will get the alignment done at the aforementioned franchise as I also live in Dwarka.
Due the issue in camber of the tyre I have already experienced prominent wear on the front tyres.
Old 13th December 2019, 13:46   #2122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
So was this a hit by the stone or shock? Yes, there is a minimum deduction of 2000 for the policy , nothing new.
I never really figured out if it were a flying stone, shocks due to bad roads or due to hot & cold temperature variations.
Old 17th December 2019, 04:18   #2123
BHPian

Quote:
Anybody here got Mirrorlink working? I connected my Galaxy S7, phone detects mirrorlink but nothing appears on HU. The Mirrorlink option is also greyed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsacharya View Post
According to my Toyota dealer Ravindu Toyota, MirrorLink is not supported in Innova Crysta for all models
Quote:
Anyone using Mirrorlink in Innova Crysta? I am unable to activate it. Also found that phonelink in my other Crysta's blaupunkt unit is also not working. Checked with Samsung S7 and Oneplus 3T, no luck. Any thoughts as what could the potential problem be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
So the only option I resorted to was the MirrorLink for seamless mobile and apps connectivity including the missing Navigation on the GX Head Unit. But it does not work no matter what Samsung Galaxy series I try to connect. The manual says Galaxy S3 which I did not get anywhere to try but modern Galaxy series like S8+ or even A7 or A70 from Samsung which have Mirrorlink enabled did not work. The phone on getting connected detects being connected to Mirror link device and screen goes blank with resizing but the Mirror Link on the head unit never becomes enabled.
I am finally able to get MirrorLink to work on the Innova Crysta stock head unit. Turned out even if Toyota Service has no clue how to make it work and they keep on making silly excuses that its not supported yet actually its a old version of Mirrorlink being on the Head Unit to be the actual problem. So when I got an old generation phone of dinosaur era, it became compatible. This is how it worked :-
  1. I got a good condition Samsung Galaxy S3 from OLX. The charging / data port and the touch screen being primary things to check here apart from the phone being on Android 4.3
  2. Next, I installed the app named Samsung Drive Link app by downloading the apk file from apkmirror website as this is no longer in playstore. Made sure to enable installation of unknown source apps on the phone prior to that.
  3. Finally connected the Phone to the USB using a newly purchased fast charging cable from Amazon and in 30 seconds the DriveLink is automatically launched. Then I went to the Menu of HU and found Mirrorlink enabled, tapped to open and from App List selected Drivelink. Found mirroring the phone screen on Head Unit working
  4. I operated the phone using the mirrored screen and it worked although a bit sluggish. Also another observation is that the screen of the phone must remain ON throughout for the mirroring to work (stays ON in GPS / GMap mode anyway). Also tried playing a music stored on the phone and it worked.

Here are some pictures, will post more experience in coming days.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20191216_222122.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20191216_223105.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20191216_222134.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20191216_223228.jpg

Last edited by haisaikat : 17th December 2019 at 04:27.
haisaikat is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 16:44   #2124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am finally able to get MirrorLink to work on the Innova Crysta stock head unit. Turned out even if Toyota Service has no clue how to make it work and they keep on making silly excuses that its not supported yet actually its a old version of Mirrorlink being on the Head Unit to be the actual problem. So when I got an old generation phone of dinosaur era, it became compatible. This is how it worked :-
  1. I got a good condition Samsung Galaxy S3 from OLX. The charging / data port and the touch screen being primary things to check here apart from the phone being on Android 4.3
Will downloading a drive link software alone suffice? Or does this warrant for a older version of OS altogether? I do have a old Samsung S3, I doubt its working though.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 28th February 2020 at 02:57. Reason: editing quoted post
Old 17th December 2019, 17:11   #2125
BHPian

Quote:
Will downloading a drive link software alone suffice? Or does this warrant for a older version of OS altogether? I do have a old Samsung S3, I doubt its working though.
The problem is with the version of the Mirrorlink in these modern version phones that comes prebuilt and is unfortunately not compatible with the older version of Mirrorlink on the Crysta head units. So you need the older phones (as written in the Toyota manual) to start with in the first place. I wish if Toyota would have taken initiative to upgrade the firmware and mirrorlink version on these head units, but they seem to be way ignorant. I believe in 2020 Crysta they might be planning an HU upgrade hence they turned away their attention from the present ones.
Old 19th December 2019, 12:04   #2126
Senior - BHPian

Crash!

We had an accident earlier this month in the Crysta, as it crashed against a brick wall and gate pillar. Only my wife and I was in the vehicle during this incident and both of us came out without a single scratch and no other person or vehicle was involved in this. People who saw the state of the cemented brick wall and the vehicle expected worse. This happened just 0.5KM away from my home when we were returning from wife's home.

The wall has been rebuilt to its former glory within a week after the incident. The vehicle is now at Nippon Toyota undergoing repairs and the insurance is Royal Sundaram. Vehicle survey was done last week and the work is now going on.

Bumper, bonnet, headlights, both fenders, front rhs quarter glass, one alloy wheel, intercooler (bent, might leak when boost builds), ac condensor (plastic holding tabs broken) are the major components being replaced. Then there are a lot of plastic bits and pieces that goes between bumper and chassis/body which needs replacement. The front bumper bar (actual metal bumper behind plastic bumper cover which is designed to take impact) which is bolted to the chassis took most of the impact, along with another bolt on piece of under brace at the front which hit the kerb. Radiator is perfectly fine, impact did not reach it.

Engine room wiring harness is also being replaced because when the headlights broke off the headlight connector and bulb sockets was torn off along with it. Since Toyota does not sell "pigtail" harness repair kits, which can be soldered or crimped to the main harness and insulated, a reliable and safe (short circuits are dangerous) method of connection cannot be made. So to be safe it has to be replaced.

The vehicle was driven to the dealer on the second day after the accident, it was in a driveable condition with no damage to engine or drive train or cooling circuit. There was no bullbar fitted on my Crysta, if there was it would have crippled the vehicle on the spot and also make the repairs even more expensive.

Quote:
I recall you had fitted VX / shiny bumper to your GX, is insurance covering that?
Originally they suggested getting the ZX upper and lower bumper grille like how it was before, but I have specifically asked them to use the GX upper and lower bumper grille. I am now over that look phase of my ownership

Quote:
Last month a person hit my crysta from behind and the bike protector took the impact and saved the rear bumper and its sensors but the bar bent and now touches the bumper, I have to see in next servicing if they can restore this
For the rear bumper I would suggest retaining the bike protector and when it fails replace it with steel one. For the front do not use any.

Last edited by Sankar : 19th December 2019 at 12:24.
Sankar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 12:14   #2127
BHPian

Re: Crash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
We had an accident earlier this month in the Crysta
Thankfully you guys are safe and nothing happened to you. I wish you get back your car in original shape soon. How did this accident happen? How much would you estimate to be the damages to your pocket post insurance coverage?

I recall you had fitted VX / shiny bumper to your GX, is insurance covering that?

Last month a person hit my crysta from behind and the bike protector took the impact and saved the rear bumper and its sensors but the bar bent and now touches the bumper, I have to see in next servicing if they can restore this

Last edited by haisaikat : 19th December 2019 at 12:16.
haisaikat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 17:28   #2128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
We had an accident earlier this month in the Crysta, as it crashed against a brick wall and gate pillar. Only my wife and I was in the vehicle during this incident and both of us came out without a single scratch
Thank god you both were safe.
Assuming that the airbags were not deployed.
Wish your Crysta come back to you in perfect condition soon.
vsun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 10:23   #2129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post
Thank god you both were safe.
Assuming that the airbags were not deployed.
Wish your Crysta come back to you in perfect condition soon.
We are safe! Airbags did not pop and there was no need to, neither of us made contact with the dashboard and in my case the steering wheel. If it popped in this incident it would have been unnecessary.
--

Again for the greater benefit let me re-iterate; do not put front bullbars which are to the front end of your vehicles. These are unscientifically designed with mounting points at all the wrong places. These are only good to protect the plastic bits during minor impacts.

I had an MTEK made moustache type fiber/plastic guard installed in 2018, but I took it off after a few months. If I still had this mounted it would have wrecked the radiator and the body because the mounting points of these guards are all wrong, they use chassis mounting at a point behind the crash absorbing metal bumper reinforcement bar for bottom clamp and body mounting for upper clamps on the lower body cross member in front of radiator using pre-existing holes. Almost all bullbars in the front are mounted this way.

Only bullbars one should consider is the ARB bumper types which are properly engineered and certified in the respective country to be crash worthy and do not use the mounting points as described above. Unfortunately these are not available for the Crysta.
Sankar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 12:05   #2130
BHPian

We have recently purchased the 180k kilometres/5 years true warranty for our 1 year old Innova Crysta. Paid Rs 43,225/- for the same.
Attaching the various packages Available along with prices and "terms&conditions" of warranty for the benefit of others.

Our Crysta has done 32,000 kilometres in this one year and without any issues apart from the infamous brake fading issue (only at high speeds)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Toyota True Warranty Price List.pdf (701.2 KB, 344 views)
File Type: pdf TrueWarrantyAnnexure.pdf (127.4 KB, 744 views)
harsha.muvva is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks