Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2020, 12:30   #2266
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Does it make sense to go for a Innova Crysta now? When is the facelift expected?
Any thoughts on this?
sv97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 16:01   #2267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any thoughts on this?
I am a bit surprised as current gen Crysta is almost unchanged since launch in 2016. Toyota typically upgrades its models in 3-4 years. While Crysta has received plenty of limited editions, feature rejigs, engine changes the exterior and overall feature set has not changed much. Toyota will most likely update Innova next year, which will also come with enhanced kit. That said prices will only go north and I don't see any changes to mechanical's. If you are not too much into features, get the current one. Also note that Toyota is known to ruin the design with update!
PrideRed is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 22:24   #2268

Quote:
Any thoughts on this?
Toyota recently launched Innova Leadership Edition based on 7 seater V Grade trim and I did bite the bullet and ended up buying one. Over & above V Grade Toyota has thrown in 360 degree camera, all around black skirting, wrapped roof, 17 inch black alloys, chrome moulding at the front and rear, premium fabric upholstery, leather wrapped steering with red stitching for an extra 60K. IMHO it is a great buy over the regular V Trim since it exudes premiumness & stands out from the crowd. Only thing one misses is the AT Gearbox but that's not a deal breaker
MOTORON is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 23:17   #2269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTORON View Post
Toyota recently launched Innova Leadership Edition based on 7 seater V Grade trim and I did bite the bullet and ended up buying one.
Thanks for the suggestion but I am only looking at top end automatic so thats why confused.
Old 2nd August 2020, 09:58   #2270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion but I am only looking at top end automatic so thats why confused.
If I'm in the market now for Innova crysta, I'll wait and see if Toyota plans to bring in hybrid. If not, I'll buy the petrol crysta over the BS6 Diesel ( for long term peace of mind )
amalji is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:08   #2271
BHPian

Quote:
Any thoughts on this?
I think Toyota will not give a major makeover to its already hot product. Unless they introduce Petrol Mid Variant AT, better to buy one. They may increase price also.
Just my thought.
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:29   #2272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
If I'm in the market now for Innova crysta, I'll wait and see if Toyota plans to bring in hybrid. If not, I'll buy the petrol crysta over the BS6 Diesel ( for long term peace of mind )
Yes thats a sensible choice but my running is a lot so petrol doesn't make sense for me and also the petrol one has poor FE.
Old 2nd August 2020, 15:47   #2273
BHPian

Am so fed up waiting for TKM to upgrade/ launch the music system in the car, have decided to replace the system in my 2.8Z with a pioneer DMH ZF 9350 BT. It is a newly launched system. Plan to use it with my iPhone. Any inputs, reviews on how good it would be in the Crysta with an iPhone on apple carplay ? Among other things the most important feature for me is google maps which is missed in the existing OEM system with hopeless offline chip based maps.
Old 2nd August 2020, 16:04   #2274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbrahw View Post
have decided to replace the system in my 2.8Z with a pioneer DMH ZF 9350 BT. It is a newly launched system. Plan to use it with my iPhone. Any inputs, reviews on how good it would be in the Crysta with an iPhone on apple carplay ?
If it has Apple car play, it should just work. And Pioneer being a reliable brand shouldn't create any blunders on something basic like that.

Eagerly waiting for the fit and finish on the crysta dashboard! It seems to have a lot of options to fit due to its floating nature.
Old 2nd August 2020, 16:35   #2275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
If it has Apple car play, it should just work. And Pioneer being a reliable brand shouldn't create any blunders on something basic like that.

Eagerly waiting for the fit and finish on the crysta dashboard! It seems to have a lot of options to fit due to its floating nature.

Thanks for inputs. Will surely share the experience once installed. My neighbourhood accessories guy is also a pioneer dealer and has promised a good deal. Should get it by next weekend. Says the existing OEM system can be kept packed and reinstalled at the time of selling the car.
Old 12th August 2020, 18:29   #2276
Distinguished - BHPian

Went under the car today literally Wanted to understand the DEF setup and to see if there is any indicator for the DEF level. There is none. However I could see that the engine and transmission oil pan are located in a safe position. My car has only done 1500kms and I somehow felt that the alignment is off slightly. Went to get the alignment checked and the right side was slightly off limits. After alignment the steering feel is now perfect. The transmission used is AC60E while wikipedia states its AC60F. Here are some pictures:

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-cf4138c8e7aa4fa6a5f2dde54bc13989.jpeg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-b914c9fc344a444d8e59e4a8697924fc.jpeg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-83ab7178d9e74aaeafe1d4b03cf7a9d5.jpeg

Last edited by audioholic : 12th August 2020 at 18:33.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 17:45   #2277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Completed the first service of the Crysta today and the car took close to 4 liters of Adblue with only 850kms on the Odo. Did the car come with a partially full Adblue tank or is the car having drinking issue with Adblue? I expected it to consume 1L for ever 800-1000kms, or even worst case 500kms. But here it looks like 1L every 200kms. Has anyone else checked this?
That does seem really high and I have a different experience to share compared to yours. I completed the first service of the Crysta with Just 600 Kms on the Odo and I'm happy to report that there was no need for topup of AdBlue according to the service advisor after doing a check. The 600 Kms of driving that I have done is primarily on highway and not start-stop traffic and the fuel I have refilled with is Shell Diesel. I went through the manual and it says that during normal driving, 1 Litre of AdBlue is consumed approximately every 900 Kms, and after a full refill, the vehicle can be driven for approximately 11,000 Kms.

The Service advisor further mentioned to me that I shouldn't really worry about the AdBlue level until I get the warning on the MID. The manual mentions that when the possible driving range based on the remaining amount of AdBlue reaches approximately 2,400 Kms the low AdBlue level warning lights turns on. I'm going to wait for this to happen or clock 5,000 KMs, whichever being first to pop by Toyota Service again and have the consumption of AdBlue checked and top up if required to understand the real world driving range based on my usage of the vehicle.
Mile10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 18:31   #2278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post
That does seem really high and I have a different experience to share compared to yours. I completed the first service of the Crysta with Just 600 Kms on the Odo and I'm happy to report that there was no need for topup of AdBlue according to the service advisor after doing a check.

The Service advisor further mentioned to me that I shouldn't really worry about the AdBlue level until I get the warning on the MID.
Thanks for your view. After analyzing the issue a bit further, I realised that it is not a good idea to top up Adblue without the scan tool. The filler neck is located far away from the actual tank and this will definitely give no information on the actual Adblue level and the pipe itself can hold a considerable amount of fluid. Hence, I decided to completely avoid filling Adblue until the warning actually comes up. Even after that we will have a long way to go before it completely depletes and prevents engine start.

Similarly for the DPF, I am curious to know if anyone faces the need to manually regenerate it. Given the conservative nature and focus on reliability by Toyota, I think the engine tuning would have been toned down to prevent excess soot from being generated. Maybe someone who has the BS4 Crysta manual can drive the BS6 Manual and see how different the engine feels. Perhaps in a few months we will get real feedback from cabbies, if someone has actually purchased a BS6 for taxi in these challenging times.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 22:36   #2279
BHPian

My friend took a delivery of a GX Diesel Variant here in Bangalore last week (July Manufactured Vehicle) and I had accompanied him for taking delivery. We were just doing a few checks just before handing over the keys and while taking a peek at the under body we noticed to our surprise that the spare wheel is not an alloy wheel as earlier and was just a 16" steel wheel! (My vehicle same variant as his, but manufactured in June has a 16" alloy spare wheel).

We immediately checked this with the dealer and they confirmed that Toyota for all July manufactured GX and VX variants of the Crysta are now providing only a steel 16" inch (full size) wheel for the spare. Later on, I checked the specifications as per that latest available E-brochure on the Toyota Bharat website as well and there is no mention about this. Just to note that there is no change in the Ex-Showroom price and seems more like a cost cutting measure by switching the spare from Alloy to Steel.

Can anybody else also check the spare wheel in their GX/ VX Variant which comes with 16" wheels and confirm for any July or August (if any) manufactured vehicle? Would also be interesting to just verify what they have done on the ZX since that is top of the line and has 17" inch wheels.

Picture taken of the steel spare wheel:
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-crysta-july-manufactured-steel-wheel.jpg  

Mile10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 14:37   #2280
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting from another thread.
Need your feedback on whether a petrol Innova actually makes sense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Resurrecting an old thread.

A close relative of mine would like to purchase a brand new automatic Crysta. ZX variant only. He's currently using a petrol Ertiga which will soon be 8 years old.

He's split between the petrol and diesel variants since his running is only 10,000 kms a year. He primarily drives in the city but chances are he'll be taking the car on highway drives more often, probably once in 6 months.

His daily commute is 11 kms one way which takes approximately 35 minutes inclusive of 15 minutes of idling.

1) Is it worth investing in a petrol Crysta?
2) With the running conditions mentioned above, will the diesel particulate filter (DPF) get clogged quickly?
3) How much mileage can we realistically expect from the petrol and diesel Innova?
4) Parts availability for the petrol variant?
5) The unpredictable NGT 10 year rule although he's in Chennai. Should we take this into account?

He's planning to keep the car for 5-7 years although I would encourage to keep a car like Innova for 10 years.

Looking forward to your opinions

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks