Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2022, 16:28   #3016
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyfiesta View Post
10000kms/6 months is the service interval for Innova Crysta. Recommended service schedule for older pre-BS6 cars was 5000kms/6 months.
Its one year or 10k kms whichever is earlier. There is no longer a six month interval for BS6 cars.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 16:34   #3017
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
What's the catch.
Usually these packages are sold by the dealers (even if offered by the OEM) and is applicable at their service centre. This ensures a customer visits the same service centre for all the services instead of opting for a different TASS. I know KIA has such a program which is tied to the service centre.

Check the fine print if that's true. No harm opting for it if you stay in one city and would be visiting the same service centre anyhow.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 17:10   #3018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Is the Smile Package worth it? SA said it covers 1k, 10k, 20k service intervals, and costs about 11k. He admitted that total service cost for the above three services would be 16k.

What's the catch.
I don't think it will be 16K . 1K service is not charged, for 10K, it's about 3-4K and 20K service will cost about 7-8K depending on city. So you are paying dealer upfront with smiles package. Service cost may go up if you opt for extras(bactaclean, flush, coatings etc.) though.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 19:02   #3019
BANNED

Usually, all icons will appear for few sec and go off when key is turned on to ACC. Getting the Engine malfunction icon appear in MID when turn on key to ACC (one step before firing engine) and this disappears once fired the engine. Once the engine is running, this engine malfunction icon disappears. Is it normal or to be checked with service center? Fill AdBlue is within 1000km now, message appears in MID. Is that the reason for the Engine Malfunction to appear at ACC stage?
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-crysta_engine_malfunction.jpg
Old 11th May 2022, 19:27   #3020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
Usually, all icons will appear for few sec and go off when key is turned on to ACC. Getting the Engine malfunction icon appear in MID when turn on key to ACC (one step before firing engine) and this disappears once fired the engine. Once the engine is running, this engine malfunction icon disappears. Is it normal or to be checked with service center? Fill AdBlue is within 1000km now, message appears in MID. Is that the reason for the Engine Malfunction to appear at ACC stage?
Attachment 2306882
Don't sweat - nothing's wrong with the car.
It's the standard behaviour - not just with Crysta but with almost all cars (irrespective of the brand)
starter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 19:55   #3021
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Don't sweat - nothing's wrong with the car.
It's the standard behaviour - not just with Crysta but with almost all cars (irrespective of the brand)
I understand that these icons appear when you turn on the key to ACC but will disappear after 2 sec. So, when you turn the key to ignition ON, no icon appears which was the case till few weeks ago. Right now, the Engine icon stays ON while other icons go away and here is the potential issue i fear.

Last edited by Wheels : 11th May 2022 at 19:56. Reason: added words
Old 11th May 2022, 20:35   #3022
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I understand that these icons appear when you turn on the key to ACC but will disappear after 2 sec. So, when you turn the key to ignition ON, no icon appears which was the case till few weeks ago. Right now, the Engine icon stays ON while other icons go away and here is the potential issue i fear.
The Engine malfunction icon only goes away after engine starts running. Otherwise, it will be always on when engine is off and key is in ON position.
Old 11th May 2022, 21:04   #3023
BANNED

What is the approx. quantity of AdBlue to be filled if the MID shows "Fill AdBlue in 1000km"? Is there a DIY way to measure the filled quantity? Is it recommended to fill it as DIY or approach ASC?

Last edited by Wheels : 11th May 2022 at 21:04. Reason: added a suggestion
Old 11th May 2022, 21:14   #3024
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What is the approx. quantity of AdBlue to be filled if the MID shows "Fill AdBlue in 1000km"? Is there a DIY way to measure the filled quantity? Is it recommended to fill it as DIY or approach ASC?
Unfortunately no way to measure the current level of Adblue or know when it is full. I just fill it to the brim until I can see the DEF close to the neck of the filler. If you do this yourself, please be careful against any spillage and completely avoid spillage. Also avoid contact with bare hands. I have filled once when I still had 2200kms left and it took 8 liters of Adblue only. The total capacity is around 12 liters.
Old 12th May 2022, 05:48   #3025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post

I am a heavy sweater. So always prefer fabric seats. The non ventilated leatherette seats have been an issue for me. So got a Maruti accessory for a Toyota car.
Attachment 2304085
https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...90j0m999b7-050
Though the fitment is a little tight due to large sized seats on Crysta, it served the purpose. Lesson learned, ventilated seats are an absolute must in non fabric upholstered cars.
Thanks for sharing this, how does it keep the seat cooler? Is it just better fabric? Or is there a ventilation system?

Also has anyone tried any accessories to create a ventilated seat?

Thanks.
Old 12th May 2022, 08:27   #3026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monish_m View Post
Thanks for sharing this, how does it keep the seat cooler? Is it just better fabric? Or is there a ventilation system?

Also has anyone tried any accessories to create a ventilated seat?

Thanks.
This is air mesh kind of material. There is no forced cooling or ventilation. But I find this highly comfortable during long journeys. Even though Innova AC is powerful, my back was sweating due to the leatherette seats which does not provide air circulation like fabric seats. So this seat cooler cover kind of improves your comfort. Also the material is super soft and provide protection to the seat from sweat and related wear and tear.

Another accessory I got was memory foam headrest cushion neck support.
Name:  headrest.jpg
Views: 1430
Size:  62.5 KB
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
Innova and Fortuner headrests are a little bigger. May be due to that, I was not able to get support to my neck like polo seats. Also the car has lot of lateral movement. This product nicely supports your head and neck.

Did a Bangalore-Thrissur 500Km trip and as expected the car returned a mileage of 18.1 Km. This is super satisfying for a car of this size. The figure could have been even higher if not for some nasty traffic jams on the way. DPF regeneration happened only once during the trip. When ever the DPF indicator reaches 3 bars, regeneration happens.

The ODO has already reached 3000KM now in 45 days. Do I need to stock up adblue? When do I need to replenish it?

Last edited by poloman : 12th May 2022 at 08:37.
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 11:21   #3027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So this seat cooler cover kind of improves your comfort. Also the material is super soft and provide protection to the seat from sweat and related wear and tear.
With vehicles equipped with Side airbags, I will recommend to be be careful before adding seat covers. Get a confirmation from Toyota whether it's safe to do so.

Quote:
Another accessory I got was memory foam headrest cushion neck support.
Wouldn't this increase the risk of neck whiplash injury in case of a rear end crash ? And memory foam is notorious for climate control from the comfort point of view as well.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 11:47   #3028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
With vehicles equipped with Side airbags, I will recommend to be be careful before adding seat covers. Get a confirmation from Toyota whether it's safe to do so.
This is not a seat cover in the pure sense. The cover is loosely tied with plastic buckles. Is this of any concern to the seat belt safety?
Quote:
Wouldn't this increase the risk of neck whiplash injury in case of a rear end crash ? And memory foam is notorious for climate control from the comfort point of view as well.
I doubt this will increase the risk of whiplash injury since the neck has more support with this pillow. Comfort level also is increased despite me being a heavy sweater. The material is really good with ample air circulation.
Old 13th May 2022, 12:09   #3029
BHPian

After causing lots of chaos, havoc, mayhem, madness at the mall and getting me free parenting lessons from others, this is what the Innova Crysta's unbeatable seating comfort does to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-unnamed.jpg  

krishnakarthik1 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 00:59   #3030
BHPian

I read a few reports about the DPF issue in BS6 Toyota diesel cars. These kind of issues also happen in diesel Toyota cars launched outside India. In those countries the cost of DPF replacement could be thousands of dollars and the DPF is expected to last about a 100000 miles i.e 1.6L Km.

I'm not sure what all needs to be replaced along with DPF in case of an issue and how much it would last in India and what it costs to replace but some day the DPF will be worn out. Does this mean that Innova Crysta is no more the rock solid reliable car it had always been?

Form what I have come to know, if things go bad it can cost up to 3L in Indian Rupees to get it right.

Last edited by vikrantshete : 14th May 2022 at 01:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks