Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2022, 08:53   #3076
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Similar dilemma here. But the Innova Crysta doesn't come with AT + middle bench + top end combination.

Quick question here - there have been multiple reports (rumours) on the new Innova in the coming 1-2 quarters. These reports also state that the current Innova Crysta would continue to be sold alongside the new Innova with the petrol + Hybrid combination.

Would the current Innova Crysta also get a facelift? In that case I could wait for some time before making a decision.
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 08:44   #3077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narendranath View Post
Is it advisable now at this juncture to go in for Innova Crysta automatic? I have already made the booking in early February and am awaiting delivery…
Me too was in a dilemma. I was afraid if the current Innova is discontinued, it may even affect the resale value (as I don't have a plan to keep it for more than five years). I was seriously considering Jeep Compass Sports Deisel as an alternative. But finally made up my mind to go with Crysta as no AT option was available in lower variants of Jeep.

I had made by booking for GX AT Diesel earlier in January. Unfortunately, my dealer (Amana Toyota, Perinthalmanna) is not able to keep up with their delivery promise even in June. The unavailability is due to chip shortage, they say.

Does this sound reasonable? Half-year waiting period for a model which may be soon discontinued?
Black n' White is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 23:02   #3078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black n' White View Post
Me too was in a dilemma. I was afraid if the current Innova is discontinued, it may even affect the resale value (as I don't have a plan to keep it for more than five years). I was seriously considering Jeep Compass Sports Deisel as an alternative. But finally made up my mind to go with Crysta as no AT option was available in lower variants of Jeep.

I had made by booking for GX AT Diesel earlier in January. Unfortunately, my dealer (Amana Toyota, Perinthalmanna) is not able to keep up with their delivery promise even in June. The unavailability is due to chip shortage, they say.

Does this sound reasonable? Half-year waiting period for a model which may be soon discontinued?
From what we hear the Innova Crysta may not be discontinued once the new version is introduced.Quite possibly it would be sold in parallel targeting particular clientele such as fleet operators,high end hotels etc.Nevertheless it is bound to be seen by the prospective purchaser,in the face of the new model,as outdated and obsolete in course of time…That is a factor we have to bear in mind while making the purchase decision now…
Narendranath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 18:26   #3079

Question to GX AT Owners: What VX/ZX features do you miss in your driving/ownership experience, both regular commutes as well as highway drivers?

I am going through XL6 vs Innova ZX AT dilemma with the price difference being the big factor. Given ZX is 7 seats and so expensive, I am wondering whether GX AT is good enough. The salesperson didn't help much but per my research, the below missing features could be key. Can you also share what after market installations are possible/advisable to close the gap?

1. No fog lamps (or is it there but not LED?). Can these be installed after market?
2. Reverse camera, but can be installed
3. Front sensors - after market possible?
4. Voice control commands
5. Cruise control
6. Speed-sensing door locks

Thanks!
Paddy
Paddy19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 19:13   #3080
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy19 View Post
I am going through XL6 vs Innova ZX AT dilemma with the price difference being the big factor. Given ZX is 7 seats and so expensive, I am wondering whether GX AT is good enough.
Here's why I didn't consider the GX:

1) Three airbags vs ZX's seven
2) Manual a/c
3) No heat rejection glass
4) Halogen headlights
5) Rear defogger

Then, there are several features that aren't exactly deal breakers but not something I don't want in my car in 2022. Especially at this price point.
libranof1987 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 21:52   #3081
BHPian

Quote:
Question to GX AT Owners: What VX/ZX features do you miss in your driving/ownership experience, both regular commutes as well as highway drivers?
- Rear defogger is the only thing I miss.

Can you also share what after market installations are possible/advisable to close the gap?

1. No fog lamps (or is it there but not LED?). Can these be installed after market? - Yes the dealer will do it.
2. Reverse camera, but can be installed. - You can go for 360 degree set up from Toyota too.
3. Front sensors - after market possible? - yes I have got it done from Nandi Toyota before delivery.
4. Voice control commands - never missed it with Apple Car Play.
5. Cruise control - G AT has it by default.
6. Speed-sensing door locks - it's there in G AT.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th June 2022 at 18:42. Reason: Typo.
tirthankard77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 12:41   #3082
BHPian

Quote:

1. No fog lamps (or is it there but not LED?). Can these be installed after market?
2. Reverse camera, but can be installed
3. Front sensors - after market possible?
4. Voice control commands
5. Cruise control
6. Speed-sensing door locks
I am a new owner of G model AT. The main features which I will miss when compared to the Z model are, which we cannot install as an after market:
1. Auto climate control.
2. Wooden cladded steering wheel.
3. Start button.
4. Ambient Lighting (not very much of an interest to me).

To make the G model little enhanced feature-wise and cosmetically, I added the below accessories costing around 1.80 lakhs.
1. Art leather seats
2. Door pad leather
3. Steering leather
4. Silver line
5. Side Step
6. Bike protector
7. Chrome door handle
8. Fog lamp
9. Auto folding mirror
10. Rear bumper step-guard
11. Bumper corner protector
12. Full flooring mat
13. 360 degree camera
14. Spoiler extension
15. Baby seat (since mine is a 7s. This will make the 2nd row like a bench seat whenever needed).

The accessories (Voice control commands, Cruise control and Speed-sensing door locks) are already available in the G AT model. Fog lamps can be installed either in the Toyota showroom itself or anywhere aftermarket. For the parking sensors, I would recommend you to go with 360 degree camera.

Thanks,
Niranjan R Upadhyaya

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th June 2022 at 12:44. Reason: Fixing Quote tags
nirleo is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 12:57   #3083
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirleo View Post
9. Auto folding mirror
This isn't there even in the Z, I believe. The dealer has listed it for 5k odd, and mentioned they would add a button to the key, and program it.

Has it been the same for you? Is it just programming or do they add some hardware?
Old 14th June 2022, 12:59   #3084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
This isn't there even in the Z, I believe. The dealer has listed it for 5k odd, and mentioned they would add a button to the key, and program it.

Has it been the same for you? Is it just programming or do they add some hardware?
They didn't mention to me how they are going to do it. But it is 6.5k now.
nirleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 15:28   #3085
BHPian

I see a lot of people booking G / GX variants.

Thankfully, the entry level variant is fairly loaded - It has an Auto gearbox, electrically foldable ORVMs, Hill-start-assist and Android Auto/Apple Carplay.
There are also provisions to upgrade the interior to almost look like the Z / ZX variants and install TPMS, reverse view camera etc.

Cruise Control and a few blings are missing; But then, there is this one omission (a recent exclusion) that bothers me - the Rear Windshield Defoggers.

I am so used to the bliss of having a defogger in my current ride- Yes, I am in Bengaluru and it still helps in the monsoons.

Gone are the days where you would ask your co-driver to wipe the windshield with a cloth.

That said, are there alternatives to clear-up windshields that don't have defogger - Particularly in the Crysta GX variant?
Probably, point the 3rd row AC vents towards the windshield?

Also, is missing the Heat-Rejection-Glass a great deal? Does it really help beat the heat?

Advises welcome.
Thank you.
msarunms1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 16:01   #3086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

Have a 21 G got this feature done its a programing bit no button on the remote. When you lock they close.
Old 14th June 2022, 17:26   #3087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msarunms1987 View Post
I see a lot of people booking G / GX variants
Cruise Control and a few blings are missing; But then, there is this one omission (a recent exclusion) that bothers me - the Rear Windshield Defoggers.
That said, are there alternatives to clear-up windshields that don't have defogger - Particularly in the Crysta GX variant?
Probably, point the 3rd row AC vents towards the windshield?
Also, is missing the Heat-Rejection-Glass a great deal? Does it really help beat the heat?
Thank you.
The GX still gets the Rear wiper which is what you need when it rains. I hardly use rear defogger. Also if you are getting AT, cruise control is already there. Heat rejection glass helps to cool the cabin quicker and I think, if you can get part number of ZX glass, you should be able to replace. 4 glasses may cost around 15K.
PrideRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 22:46   #3088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narendranath View Post
From what we hear the Innova Crysta may not be discontinued once the new version is introduced.Quite possibly it would be sold in parallel targeting particular clientele such as fleet operators,high end hotels etc.Nevertheless it is bound to be seen by the prospective purchaser,in the face of the new model,as outdated and obsolete in course of time…That is a factor we have to bear in mind while making the purchase decision now…
I have decided to take the plunge anyway and my Innova Crysta Gx automatic 8 seater is going to be delivered within the next 3,4 days. I have taken several inputs from the posts of many members of our forum before taking the final decision.Thank you all…
Narendranath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 12:38   #3089
BANNED

The one missing feature that i regret in Innova Crysta is the Anti-Pinch window glass. It can accidentally hurt the co-passengers finger. I believe this is not available in Toyota accessories. Is it feasible from market?
Wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 13:43   #3090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
The one missing feature that i regret in Innova Crysta is the Anti-Pinch window glass. It can accidentally hurt the co-passengers finger. I believe this is not available in Toyota accessories. Is it feasible from market?
The anti pinch feature used to be available during the initial days in the top end variants atleast ( it might even be present on the lower variants ). Are you sure it's not there?
amalji is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks