Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
  Search this Thread
5,627,736 views
Old 4th August 2022, 09:59   #3226
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 7,784
Thanked: 19,328 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Its a stupid indication of the money you have saved with the current FE compared to the target FE you have set in the comparison value above. I dont understand the sort of foolishness in omitting things like the Cruise control set speed, Actual adblue level etc that could have been displayed on the MID instead of such fuel saving calculations for a 2400cc oil burner.
Absolutely ridiculous! What a way to use very prime and important real estate on such a metric! This is why kitna deti hai has allowed one manufacturer to dance away with the money. This is a 30 lakh car! Clearly, they want to focus only on the taxi owner, who'll want to extract every possible km from the fuel.

Quote:
For the Adblue
Is the one you get at petrol pumps ok, or Toyota's recommend? How many litres will it take in at say the 1000-1500 kms warning? 5 / 10 litres?
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 19:37   #3227
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 270
Thanked: 174 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

I have been considering picking up Crysta G petrol AT. Main reasons being
Since last year the diesel on-road price has gone up by 2 lakhs here in BLR.
My running is less than 10K per year.

But, When I spoke to the SA he recommended holding off buying petrol Crysta as it will be phased out. New Innova could be launched sometime later this year. Considering Toyota, I have a feeling the base model for the new one could touch 30 lakhs.

Could the members here please share your valuable opinion on this.
RROD is offline  
Old 4th August 2022, 20:16   #3228
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 7,784
Thanked: 19,328 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
But, When I spoke to the SA he recommended holding off buying petrol Crysta as it will be phased out.
I guess he's saying so more because the petrol Crysta is made-to-order, so the lead time can be anywhere from 3-6 months. And would rather prefer a more confirmed sale that he can materialize way sooner.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 20:51   #3229
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 221
Thanked: 286 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
I have been considering picking up Crysta G petrol AT. Main reasons being
Since last year the diesel on-road price has gone up by 2 lakhs here in BLR.
My running is less than 10K per year.

But, When I spoke to the SA he recommended holding off buying petrol Crysta as it will be phased out. New Innova could be launched sometime later this year. Considering Toyota, I have a feeling the base model for the new one could touch 30 lakhs.

Could the members here please share your valuable opinion on this.
There is news about all new Crysta scheduled for launch in early 2023 and this will be offered only in Petrol and Hybrid powertrains - no diesel. Since Diesel is essential, the current version (in Diesel offering) will be continuing. So, your SA essentially is advising you to wait for this launch.
atluri_rkc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 22:35   #3230
RRU
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 43
Thanked: 93 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Yes - both RROD and libranof1987 are correct - If I were to go by the SA and other people in Toyota I spoke to yesterday. After being disappointed by the rumors of lower headroom in both front and rear rows in Hyryder, which I was looking forward to eagerly and still am (want to see myself), I seriously started considering Crysta petrol base variant MT with ORP at 22.4L as it is the only option available in Toyota (other than rebadged ones) in my stretched budget. Here is the summary of my conversation:

1) First, they are surprised to know that someone is actually interested in the petrol variant - according to them, ratio of petrol : diesel sale is 1:100.
2) Never readily available - mostly made-to-order.
3) You will most likely be dissuaded citing poor mileage and very few takers.
4) Only one SA said that off late demand/enquiry for petrol Crysta has picked up fearing govts. stricter regulation on diesel vehicles.
5) Detailed discussion with one senior guy revealed that Toyota is going to discontinue the pure petrol Crysta, replacing it with the all new HyCross (Hybrid Innova but completely new and different from Crysta). The diesel variants will continue but only for fleet/yellow board/institutions/bulk purchases. Some media reports buttress this.

Knowing this, it makes sense to hold off purchase of petrol version. Now, no one knows about the price, but fair to assume it will be north of 30L if strong Hybrid of Hyryder's rumored price of 20-22L to be considered.

However, if you want to buy the outgoing petrol then you can still buy at the current price as the PBP for the incremental amount for new HYcross from fuel and other cost savings could be quite long. I held back because strictly speaking Innova Crysta is not my requirement (we are a 3 member family) - I use my vehicle for daily office commute in Bangalore and also to drop my son to school besides running errands.
RRU is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 16:23   #3231
Senior - BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MH14/MH02/KL09
Posts: 1,972
Thanked: 2,991 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post

Let me start a separate thread on this.
Did you get your car? Hope all the issues with the dealer got sorted.
rakesh_r is offline  
Old 8th August 2022, 22:11   #3232
Senior - BHPian
 
humyum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,765
Thanked: 5,504 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Unfortunate that their behaviour was like this. While my service experience was not so great, the sales experience was top notch and can be regarded as the benchmark. As a last try you can escalate the matter to Toyota directly. Hopefully then they could pull up their socks. Have you enquired with a different dealer?

I did, I tweeted but I guess Toyota is not a Maruti, they took my number but never called.

I enquired with other dealers and they are saying it will be a fresh booking hence 2 - 2 nd half months waiting, which is right from scratch, so I will have to stick to Millennium and try and get the car as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Did you get your car? Hope all the issues with the dealer got sorted.
Nope. When he was supposed to give me the date for dispatch is when he told me the car is not coming for you now and he has no definite date for the same.

We want it in Silver and its not been sent by Toyota yet. He said in 10-15 days he will update us. its such a bummer when we were promised a delivery by first week of August.

My parents and me have been crossing dates since 28th May that we booked the car, so you can imagine.

The car was booked at Millennium Toyota in Thane.

If higher up's at Toyota are reading, I am sure something can be done about this, its a gift for my mother.

Last edited by humyum : 8th August 2022 at 22:17.
humyum is online now  
Old 9th August 2022, 07:46   #3233
Senior - BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MH14/MH02/KL09
Posts: 1,972
Thanked: 2,991 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
If higher up's at Toyota are reading, I am sure something can be done about this, its a gift for my mother.
Major bummer, I may be and hope I am wrong, since the new Innova is just a couple of months away, is TKM slowing down on the current Innova, atleast in terms of colour choices and trims? Is any other colour available readily? If you are not particular about any colour, maybe you can talk with the sales guy and decide which colour is readily available?
I hope Toyota takes cognisant of your issue and deliver your vehicle ASAP.
rakesh_r is offline  
Old 9th August 2022, 17:51   #3234
Senior - BHPian
 
humyum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,765
Thanked: 5,504 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Major bummer, I may be and hope I am wrong, since the new Innova is just a couple of months away, is TKM slowing down on the current Innova, atleast in terms of colour choices and trims? Is any other colour available readily? If you are not particular about any colour, maybe you can talk with the sales guy and decide which colour is readily available?
I hope Toyota takes cognisant of your issue and deliver your vehicle ASAP.
From the sales numbers I can see they sold 6 thousand plus in July, more than double of their actual sales numbers every month.

Our color choice is Silver (mom,dad and me just love the silver with those black grill in the front and the matching alloys which come with the GX variant)

Second choice is grey, we would not love it love it, but will make do with it.

Have put these forward with the dealer.

Does anyone have contacts with Toyota higherups, please come forward and help
humyum is online now  
Old 9th August 2022, 20:46   #3235
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 46
Thanked: 41 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post

Does anyone have contacts with Toyota higherups, please come forward and help
I booked a petrol Crysta in mid- February online and opted for Grey. The moment I informed the dealer that I opted for grey, the sales executive suggested that it may take a while to be allotted since it is not a “moving” colour. (He meant it is produced less). I did not get a delivery date, but he said may take about 3 months or longer. The dealer said they get an allocation list within the first week of every month from TKM and that they will update accordingly. I sent an email to TKM customer care requesting if the delivery can be expedited, who in turn called back and connected me with the customer care division of the dealer and back to square zero. Meanwhile I contacted the manager the manager of their branch in another city through a friend. He strongly recommended to switch to pearl white or garnet red if I wished to have a quicker delivery. Interestingly, a client who had opted for garnet red 2.7 about a week prior had got it allocated in April. I was prepared to wait for 3 months as I had read regarding the 3 month waiting period for Petrol variant by our forum friends. Finally I got the allocation information from the branch in May and the vehicle reached the dealership in the last week of May.
JayG is offline  
Old 10th August 2022, 14:02   #3236
Senior - BHPian
 
humyum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,765
Thanked: 5,504 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
I booked a petrol Crysta in mid- February online and opted for Grey. The moment I informed the dealer that I opted for grey, the sales executive suggested that it may take a while to be allotted since it is not a “moving” colour. (He meant it is produced less). I did not get a delivery date, but he said may take about 3 months or longer. The dealer said they get an allocation list within the first week of every month from TKM and that they will update accordingly. I sent an email to TKM customer care requesting if the delivery can be expedited, who in turn called back and connected me with the customer care division of the dealer and back to square zero. Meanwhile I contacted the manager the manager of their branch in another city through a friend. He strongly recommended to switch to pearl white or garnet red if I wished to have a quicker delivery. Interestingly, a client who had opted for garnet red 2.7 about a week prior had got it allocated in April. I was prepared to wait for 3 months as I had read regarding the 3 month waiting period for Petrol variant by our forum friends. Finally I got the allocation information from the branch in May and the vehicle reached the dealership in the last week of May.
For me, they had promised an August 1st week delivery when we booked it on May 28th they were so confident, they said 'don't worry, you will get it in the first week' and I kept asking them as the date got near about the status and they kept saying on 1st August we get a list from Toyota on what vehicles are coming and then they kind of stopped updating me until the customer care head called directly and gave me the bad news.

My dad/mom were so disappointed, we had planned so many things for this month. Now they are saying 1 week or two will let you which basically mean it has got pushed to next month.

Toyota this is just not done.
humyum is online now  
Old 10th August 2022, 16:37   #3237
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 38
Thanked: 36 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
For me, they had promised an August 1st week delivery when we booked it on May 28th they were so confident, they said 'don't worry, you will get it in the first week' and I kept asking them as the date got near about the status and they kept saying on 1st August we get a list from Toyota on what vehicles are coming and then they kind of stopped updating me until the customer care head called directly and gave me the bad news.

My dad/mom were so disappointed, we had planned so many things for this month. Now they are saying 1 week or two will let you which basically mean it has got pushed to next month.

Toyota this is just not done.
Sorry to hear about this. I had booked the GX AT on around 9th May, 2022 and got the delivery of the vehicle on 9th June, 2022. This delay is also due to the closure of the manufacturing unit from 15th April 2022 to 25th May 2022 for maintenance and some assembly changes (maybe for Hyryder). My dealer didnt even force to buy any accessory. It's just that you booked at a bad dealer.

I would suggest, book in another dealer and see if there is any luck to get it early.
nirleo is offline  
Old 11th August 2022, 23:19   #3238
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 17
Thanked: Once
Innova Crysta - Using POWER mode on Innova Crysta

Dear All,

Good evening!

I have just joined TEAM-BHP and recently, bought Innova Crysta Diesel AT - 2022 top end model.

And, in the past, I have owned/used Santro, Verna(both manual) and Vento(Diesel AT). As I have two daughters, I prefer ATs.

When using Vento AT, I used SPORT mode 100% of the time on the highway and I felt very useful for manoeuvring. It made my driving easier. I cover 18K-20K KMs per year.

And, now my question is,

In Innova Crysta, can I use the POWER mode, the equivalent of VW’s SPORT mode, on the high way - 100%? Will it damage the engine if I use it heavily?

I believe this is the equivalent of Vento AT’s SPORT mode.

Various driving modes are provided by vehicle manufacturers. Hence, I believe, using them will NOT damage the engine. Else, manufacturers will not provide such drive modes.

I am fine with higher consumption of diesel, oil and AdBlue liquid consumption.

I would like to validate my understanding on using the POWER mode in CRYSTA. I have checked with various service advisors at Toyota service centres and I hear different inputs from them. This is where I need advise from TEAM-BHPians.

If I am not wrong, VW recommends SPORT mode for heavier SUVs, particularly for SKODA KODIAQ.

Please advise on the above.

Thank you!

Regards,
muruan
muruan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 07:29   #3239
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 6
Thanked: 3 Times
Re: Innova Crysta - Using POWER mode on Innova Crysta

Quote:
2. Power mode
Use when high levels of response and feeling are desirable, such as when driving in mountainous regions or when overtaking
.

Above is the recommendation from crysta user manual. I would recommend to stick to this occasional use.
ashokcj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 07:55   #3240
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HR51/HR29/HR26
Posts: 2,833
Thanked: 22,300 Times
Re: Innova Crysta - Using POWER mode on Innova Crysta

The Power mode is factory fit. The engine produces its rated max power and max torque figures in this mode.

Innova Crysta diesel is a powerful car to begin with. You don’t really need to, but you can drive in Power mode for as long as you want to.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks