Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2022, 08:13   #3241
BHPian

Re: Innova Crysta - Using POWER mode on Innova Crysta

I would suggest to be careful while using the power mode. It's quite a beast in that mode and it's very easy to reach silly speeds. Also, throttle response is very sharp and very easy to rear end the vehicle in front.
octane_100 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 08:28   #3242
Senior - BHPian

Re: Innova Crysta - Using POWER mode on Innova Crysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by muruan View Post
Dear All,

Good evening!
And, now my question is,

In Innova Crysta, can I use the POWER mode, the equivalent of VW’s SPORT mode, on the high way - 100%? Will it damage the engine if I use it heavily?

I believe this is the equivalent of Vento AT’s SPORT mode.

I am fine with higher consumption of diesel, oil and AdBlue liquid consumption.

Thank you!

Regards,
muruan
Welcome to the forum Murugan. Nice car you have.

Trust me when I say this, you won’t need the ‘power mode’ ever. This is coming from me after using it for 4 years and 80k km. Haven’t used it ever, maybe just once when we bought this new.

And no, it doesn’t damage the engine.
jkrishnakj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 11:48   #3243
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

+1 on the opinions on the power mode. I might have used it a handful of times in 4.5 years of ownership. The only reason for me using it is to just remind myself of the capability of the engine. It's almost always in normal mode for my regular use.
amalji is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 19:58   #3244

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
+1 on the opinions on the power mode. I might have used it a handful of times in 4.5 years of ownership. The only reason for me using it is to just remind myself of the capability of the engine. It's almost always in normal mode for my regular use.
Thank you, Sir.

The thing is, I find it easy to manoeuvre with lighter right foot on the pedal under POWER mode than the heavier right foot, flooring the pedal under NORMAL mode. And, easier in the unruly traffic conditions!

In my case, there is no difference in the fuel consumption under power and normal modes - it’s around 10.2 KMPL.

And that’s why, I prefer to use power mode. Certainly, not for the thrill of speed.

Regards,
muruan
Old 12th August 2022, 20:57   #3245

Innova Crysta 2022 Z AT Diesel - Head light upgrade

Dear All,

Need to upgrade my Crysta head light - to full LED. It comes with LED for low beam and halogen for high beam.

Is it safe to upgrade high beam halogen light to that of equivalent LED - projector/refractor?

Will it lead to battery related issues?

I am not comfortable going for aftermarket products for critical components such as head lights. At the same, I prefer to have brighter head lights for safety reasons.

Please advise.

Thank you!

Regards,
muruan
Old 13th August 2022, 14:34   #3246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muruan View Post
Is it safe to upgrade high beam halogen light to that of equivalent LED - projector/refractor?

I am not comfortable going for aftermarket products for critical components such as head lights. At the same, I prefer to have brighter head lights for safety reasons.
I swapped the LED fog lights to HID projectors and then the halogen high beam to OSRAM LED bulbs. While it is not the best idea to use LEDs in a halogen reflector setup, since the reflector bowl of the Crysta is quite small, it gives a focused point beam suitable for the needs of the high beam.

In short the overall combination is insane. Haven't used the high beam except to flash and thats like a lightning strike. Hence it's definitely not for traffic. Low beam of the LED headlights and projectors fulfill all our driving needs without causing inconvenience to oncoming traffic.

Here is the output:

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-0a01a4621e364912bd996e2968d1c5a0.jpeg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-c17dbfe26883478a80c7122965a2e92e.jpeg

Last edited by audioholic : 13th August 2022 at 14:35.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 20:54   #3247

I'm in the market to buy Innova Crysta. I have decided to go of VX 8 Seater Diesel model. I'm seeking inputs to finalise few accessories from Toyota
  • Does the 360 Camera or MLT Terrain Monitor from Toyota has reverse camera adaptive lines? I'm planning to upgrade to this camera only if it has adaptive lines for reverse camera.
  • The accessory list shared by dealer with me lists 3 variants of Rear Bike Protector - Black, Aluminium & Stainless Steel. Black being the costliest. Which one of these three offer best protection?
Old 14th August 2022, 13:07   #3248

Toyota Innova Diesel bookings stopped

Rushlane has reported that dealers have now stopped taking bookings altogether for the diesel powertrain
Existing orders will be fulfilled and new bookings can be made in Jan 2023

Source: https://www.rushlane.com/toyota-inno...medium=twitter
Old 16th August 2022, 16:35   #3249
BHPian

Dear All,
I need an advice from Innova owners and esteemed members, I came across a 2018 Innova Crysta 2.8Z driven for 112000 Kms in one of Toyota U-Trust used car showroom with an asking price of Rs. 22 Lakhs. I drove the vehicle and except few body scratches and usual wear and tear, there were nothing major. Also the vehicle drove like a charm. After negotiation the final asking price is Rs. 20 Lakhs (including 1% TCS and Name change, which is Rs.27000).

Since its Toyota certified vehicle, i am getting 1 year or 20000 Kms warranty covering Engine, Gearbox and Drive Train. Additionally 1 service is free (Only labour portion). Consumables are extra.

Could you please let me know if the asking price is too steep or is it justified?

Thanks in Advance.
Old 16th August 2022, 16:44   #3250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Since its Toyota certified vehicle, i am getting 1 year or 20000 Kms warranty covering Engine, Gearbox and Drive Train. Additionally 1 service is free (Only labour portion). Consumables are extra.

Could you please let me know if the asking price is too steep or is it justified?

Thanks in Advance.
The price is little on higher but its a sellers market now. Unless Govt. plans to ban sale of diesel fuel, diesel cars will be in good demand in used car market.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 10:11   #3251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by san.gaurav View Post
  • Does the 360 Camera or MLT Terrain Monitor from Toyota has reverse camera adaptive lines? I'm planning to upgrade to this camera only if it has adaptive lines for reverse camera.
The reverse camera in the MLT does not have adaptive lines. Also, I am realizing that the quality of the 360 degree camera is not really that great. I am always depending only on the mirrors and the rear view camera while reversing.

However I must say, the side views (from the ORVM mounted cameras) that appear on the infotainment when you use a turn-indicator are helpful (although you might sometimes feel they are intrusive). Also, as soon as the car is started, it shows the front view for a moment - I believe this is very helpful.
msarunms1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 10:42   #3252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in Advance.
The best thing for me in this deal are

1. You are getting one of the last known reliable diesel engines ( read BS4 )
2. You are getting the 1GD engine ( fortuner engine essentially ). It's a peach of an engine with peak torque available from 1200 rpms.

If i were in your position and diesel was my priority, there's no better buy.

At the same time, at this time I'm more inclined towards hybrids more for environmental reasons. So, i would have waited for hybrid market in India to mature regardless of the fun and practicality that diesel engines offers.

Last edited by amalji : 17th August 2022 at 10:44.
amalji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 05:17   #3253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is steep.

Keep in mind that >100,000km in our conditions is high. Not that anything might happen. 22lacs is a lot. A couple more lacs should get you a brand new mid tier variant. I know dealers have stopped taking bookings. Look for more recent or similar age samples with half the mileage, if you intend on keeping the vehicle for long.
Old 20th August 2022, 07:36   #3254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
It is steep.

Keep in mind that >100,000km in our conditions is high. Not that anything might happen.
1 lakh kms ( even in Indian conditions ) is nothing for a Toyota. More so for a Toyota ladder on frame platform vehicle with a detuned engine. The same 360 Nm engine on the Innova churns out 500 Nm on the fortuner.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 01:41   #3255

I had booked a Diesel Crysta automatic few days back. Was promised delivery in 2 weeks , as i was willing to compromise on the colour. ( Was offered Super white and Silver for 2 week deliveries).
Now am in 2 minds .
Will i be stuck with a car model whose production is going to stop. And I would probably be buying it at its highest price point ( the way prices have been hiked in the recent past).

My basic requirement was a comfortable and spacious 2nd row to be driven around in for work , and also decent enough to drive around myself at other times.
While the former was ok , when driving myself I felt the position of the steering was a little low ( close to the thigh as i am 6 foot 3, and of a large build. )
But was willing to ignore all that for the reliability factor , fuss free ownership and good resale value.

Wanted to ask fellow bhpians , is it prudent to still go ahead with the booking , or should i look for another car?
Dr Thomas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks