Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2021, 14:23   #2491
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
I prefer the plastic mats over 7d as they are easier to clean during the rainy season
My dealer only offered rubber mats and fabric mats as accessories. By plastic mats, do you mean rubber mats?
Old 14th February 2021, 11:27   #2492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restart View Post
My dealer only offered rubber mats and fabric mats as accessories. By plastic mats, do you mean rubber mats?
No, I meant transparent plastic mats added on top of the fabric mats
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 22:41   #2493
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of my Crysta 2.7 GX MT Garnet Red
Got the interior spiced up on the Crysta from an accessory shop in Delhi
  • PU Napa Seat Covers - Autoform brand
  • Leather stitching on the door panels
  • Wooden panels on the dashboard and door panels
Turned out to be much cheaper (almost 50%) than Genuine Toyota Accessories

Request to Mods: this is a back to back post. Kindly merge please if possible. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210214-5.57.38-pm-2.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210214-5.57.38-pm-1.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210214-5.57.38-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by sid_deb : 14th February 2021 at 22:45.
sid_deb is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 23:15   #2494
BHPian

Quote:
Wooden panels on the dashboard and door panels
I would also suggest you to search shops who can do silver garnish on the AC vents and glossy black trim running across the dashboard to make it look the same as higher variant.

Those seats and doorpads look good.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd March 2021 at 06:52. Reason: Poor language & grammar
varunswnt is online now   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 15th February 2021, 00:33   #2495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got the interior spiced up on the Crysta from an accessory shop in Delhi
Turned out to be much cheaper (almost 50%) than Genuine Toyota Accessories
That stitching quality itself shows why it is much cheaper than TGA. They didn't get the lines straight. Sorry to nitpick.
audioholic is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 22:00   #2496
Senior - BHPian

Bought a set of new side steps for the Crysta (in Dec 2020). This time I chose the TGA side step, compared to the previous model this one fits closer to the body and protrusion is very minimal but is fine as per my mom, mil, wife, aunt who used it. Also got a set of mudflaps installed I don't like them but saves the side steps from mud and dirt.

TGA Side Step
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20210217_210256.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20210217_210338.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20210217_210427.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20210217_210602.jpg

Previously I had a similar type of plastic side steps which I bought in 2017 but that was removed in 2018, an year later, and then sold it as I did not put them back on.

Old Side Steps
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20170519_06590901.jpeg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20170519_06584501.jpeg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20170519_070004_00101.jpeg

Last edited by Sankar : 17th February 2021 at 22:05.
Sankar is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 13:13   #2497
Senior - BHPian

Power Steering Fluid Flush

Couple of days ago I did a power steering fluid flush on the Crysta as the PS oil had turned black. I had requested the dealer to do it when it went for service in 2019 (before covid struck) but they only topped it up and didn't do a full change. I didn't bother about it after that for a while and then covid year began and it was out of my things to do. So anyways coming to the present post -covid era I decided to do it on my own.

This is an engine OFF power steering fluid flush and because the engine is off the pump is not running. But that is all right because even with pump not running all the oil is getting flushed out and if something does remain in the pump vanes it can be measured in milliliters so this is as good as pump ON method and safer since you do not risk running the pump dry If you cannot keep the funnel topped up as old oil drains out.

When you fill fresh oil in the reservoir and turn the steering lock to lock the oil goes to the pump (even if its not running) and from there to the steering rack and from there into the drain bottle. Keep filling fresh oil till you see fresh oil in the return line.

What you need:-

1. 2 liters ATF fluid (Dexron II/III). Actual capacity is 1 liter. Extra fluid is for a proper flush and clean. Do not use Toyota WS.
  2. A length of hose with 10mm ID.
  3. Hose barb 10mm OD to connect fluid return line to drain bottle.
  4. 2 liter bottle to catch old fluid.
  5. A plug of some sort to block the return port of fluid reservoir. An extra pair of helping hands to turn the steering.
  6. Funnel! Important. one that fits into the small filling port.
  7. Cotton waste.
  8. Old newspaper to put under engine compartment. Some spill is inevitable when pulling out PS oil return line.
  9. Pliers or hose clamp pliers to unclip the hose clamps. Nose pliers or simple pliers is good enough for this location.

Notes:-

1. When you see fresh red fluid in the return line, you may do one lock to lock turn with the engine on and PS pump working. But remember to keep funnel in the reservoir filled.
  2. What is not shown is to reconnect the line to the reservoir. I don't think you need a photo to know how that's done. Don't want to get camera messy.
  3. After the line is reconnected, start engine and do few lock to lock turns and if needed add fluid in reservoir to bring it up to level. Do not over fill.
  4. Check level once again after a drive. The level is marked on the reservoir cap dipstick.
  5. Use Toyota ATF or Dexron II or III. Do not use power steering fluid, seals may not be compatible. Dexron II or III or DEX/MERC.
  6. Before pulling the return line off from the reservoir you can choose to drain the tank as much as possible using a sucker to prevent the fluid gushing out as you pull the line off.

IMPORTANT:

1. After pulling the return line off plug the return line port on the reservoir tank before adding fluid in the tank.
  2. Check the level on the dipstick and add fluid to level it with the mark. You will find two markings on the dipstick COLD and HOT. When filling fluid with engine and pump off do not exceed the COLD level. After a drive the the fluid should expand upto the HOT level but should not exceed. If it does suck out some fluid else it will weep through the cap.

COLD Level
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20210226_130215.jpg

HOT Level
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20210226_130223.jpg

Flushed out fluid
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20210226_124231.jpg

Last edited by Sankar : 26th February 2021 at 13:24.
Sankar is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 09:46   #2498
Senior - BHPian

Update:-

I was doubtful in the beginning whether there would be any improvements but now I can say for sure that there is a perceptible smoothness in the way the steering wheel turns.

Next to do is an automatic transmission fluid flush. That is a bit more involved and need more preparation. Since its going to be a complete change I may not use Toyota WS (WS is prefilled fluid in transmission, not backwards compatible with previous Toyota grades or DEX/MERC) and use a synthetic fluid. But that needs more information gathering before I can decide.

Btw this is a "how not to wash your car" But I have an unhealthy confidence in Toyota's rubber seals. I wouldn't dare do this to a Thar!

Last edited by Sankar : 27th February 2021 at 09:47.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 16:48   #2499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Btw this is a "how not to wash your car" But I have an unhealthy confidence in Toyota's rubber seals. I wouldn't dare do this to a Thar!
I too have done this once with no drastic effects The mechanic did a blunder while refilling the DEF and filled it until it overflowed. While he poured some water and wiped the place clean, I wasn't happy and after coming home I took out my Karcher pressure washer.

I have washed the Innova engine bay only once but for the other cars during every wash and so far so good, I haven't faced any problems. Generally as you say we trust the rubber seals in connectors etc at least for water splashes, if not continuous submerge into water. After this I blow air from the vacuum cleaner to remove any water presence.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 18:43   #2500
Distinguished - BHPian

@Sankar - Regardless of brand, the first thing most car washes will do (if you have not said anything) is spray a generous amount of pressurized water in the engine bay, so that it looks 'clean' after a service

As long as you watch out and not flood the air intake, ECU and alternator - All good with a quick spray.

Your Thar will get at least one dose of water spray in the engine bay before it gets delivered to you and very likely everytime it goes for service, standard practice.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 21:11   #2501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
@Sankar - Regardless of brand, the first thing most car washes will do (if you have not said anything) is spray a generous amount of pressurized water in the engine bay, so that it looks 'clean' after a service

As long as you watch out and not flood the air intake, ECU and alternator - All good with a quick spray.

Your Thar will get at least one dose of water spray in the engine bay before it gets delivered to you and very likely everytime it goes for service, standard practice.
I'm in wait and watch mode regarding the Thar purchase til 2022. In the meantime have to do a test drive on a rental Thar if that becomes available with Zoom, Revv, Myles etc. In the current demand > supply scenario the dealer has undue advantage over the sale. Reading other people's buying experience its better that I give it more time. By next year I hope the wait periods come down and for the product to be improved.

The old school water wash where I go to cover the alternator, MAF sensor, fuse box, diesel filter, battery etc with plastic before washing engine bay. They are usually careful with engine bay wash (unlike what I did ) because I suppose as cars get older the seals become unreliable and they won't take that risk. I have seen that most new gen water wash centers do not pressure wash engine bay instead offer a wipe down and for extra $$ steam cleaning or dress up package. But all seals are not made the same Japs seem to age better than the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I too have done this once with no drastic effects The mechanic did a blunder while refilling the DEF and filled it until it overflowed. While he poured some water and wiped the place clean, I wasn't happy and after coming home I took out my Karcher pressure washer.

I have washed the Innova engine bay only once but for the other cars during every wash and so far so good, I haven't faced any problems. Generally as you say we trust the rubber seals in connectors etc at least for water splashes, if not continuous submerge into water. After this I blow air from the vacuum cleaner to remove any water presence.
Yes nothing usually goes wrong that wash video was some Thar leg pulling Once I got misfire in the i10 after a wash (not an extensive wash as the one posted but just a few seconds of hose down to get rid of dust) and that was because a sparkplug boot wasn't seated properly which let some water into the sparkplug well. After the boot was reseated properly no further issues.

I was looking for a wash guruji and I found one. Gents, meet my new wash guruji!

Last edited by Aditya : 28th February 2021 at 04:06. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 01:21   #2502
BANNED

Hi, do any of you have any idea about the size of the led bulbs for the crysta? I am asking about the Brake and indicator. Looking to change all the bulbs in the car to Led and i havent been able to find the exact size. T20-7440-W21W) (T20-7443-W21/5w, Are any of these correct?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 1st March 2021 at 05:34. Reason: Edited for punctuation.
Old 4th March 2021, 23:21   #2503
BHPian

This is a special post as this is the first car we brought home after I became a BHPian.

Choice and Selection

The journey started with booking the Safari XZA+ in either Royal Blue or Orcus White but finally ended at the Crysta ZX Diesel Automatic as even after multiple visits to the Tata Showroom for the Safari my parents still weren't convinced about the Safari even though they liked the panoramic sunroof and features of the Safari but were just not ready to ignore the Toyota reliability and the segment leader tag the Innova carries also the quality at some places as well as the status symbol an Innova carries. No offence to any existing or prospective Safari owners. After this, we decided that we wanted to get the new Sparkling Black Crystal Shine shade or the silver this time around.

Booking to Delivery

Initially we had booked the vehicle at MGF Toyota Gurgaon as they were providing the earliest delivery in the 2nd colour of our choice the silver shade as I was informed a car would be in transit on 17th Feb and reach the dealer by 24th so we could take delivery by 25th. But as luck would have it someone else booked that vehicle as even though we had got the Proforma Invoice made but we paid the booking amount around 4 days after this and 1 day prior to us someone booked this particular vehicle.

Now the dealer had another car allocated which was in transit on 22nd which could be delivered by 1st or 2nd. But the transit got delayed by 2 days and the car finally was in transit by 24th.

Now since I had contacted multiple dealerships for early delivery and informed them about my requirement of sparkling black I got a call from the sales executive at Espirit Toyota, Mathura Road on 25th Feb that they have 1 car in sparkling black which was booked by someone but could not arrange the payment for the same. Once the dealer confirmed this car was available we paid them a hefty amount that day itself. The car was in transit and was in the dealer stockyard on 27th Feb and I went for a PDI just as it was taken out of the truck. After being satisfied even though I didn't do the complete PDI Team-Bhp style since i am no expert like many others on this forum but checked for the basic things like tyre manufacturing date, month of manufacturing, odo reading, checking the car for scratches etc I gave a go ahead to the dealership to invoice the car and we got the loan processed and by 1st evening the dealer got the complete payment. Since, we would be getting the car registered in Uttrakhand we asked the dealer to get the temporary registration done which was only done by 3 pm on 2nd March and since my parents had to go somewhere for an important family related event we weren't able to take delivery on 2nd we finally took delivery on 3rd March. We got home a car with a colour and interior combination which commands a waiting period of at least 1.5 months in less than a week all due to God's grace.

The dealership experience at Espirit Toyota was great. The sales advisor Mr Rahul, sales manager Mr Praveen and ASM Mr Sagar and Mr Harish were very helpful and kept me updated at every instance and complied to all my requests.

Finally, we brought home the car yesterday.

Another reason it is special is because of its colour it is the the first time we are going for a darker shade by choice apart from the usual white and golden and that too the elusive and exclusive Sparkling Black Crystal Shine.

This might be the first facelifted ZX Automatic in Sparkling Black on T-BHP.

Also, we have got the new camel tan shade for the interior.

A big shout-out to Bhpian Bravo82 who helped me get in touch with CarPlus. Got a few accessories installed from them.

Driving Experience

Even though I haven't driven the car much done only around 60 kms in total but based on these the initial impressions are that compared to my 2015 4x4 A/T Fortuner this is much more refined and also the interior quality has taken a big step up and the seats are so much comfier than those on my Fortuner. Also, I thought the 2.4 Litre engine might not be as good based on the power numbers on paper but Oh boy this was proven wrong after driving this car in outright acceleration it might not be as good as the 2.8 Litre or the 3 Litre one on my Fortuner but this is no slouch either. The power delivery is very linear and the car picks up speed with just a dab on the accelerator and it doesn't feel the car has already reached good enough speeds. The stability and road manners are good.

Compared to my 2013 Innova this feels like a completely different car with no relation to that.

Finally, attaching a few pictures now sorry for the poor camera quality and lighting conditions as they were taken from my phone.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210303-13.58.572.jpeg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210303-13.58.573.jpeg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210303-13.58.574.jpeg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210303-13.58.57.jpeg

Will be posting a few pics with the accessories and also pics of the interior in future posts.

Last edited by sv97 : 4th March 2021 at 23:50.
sv97 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 01:14   #2504
BHPian

Congrats for purchasing new 2021 Innova Crysta sv97. The Innova Crysta looks smashing in this colour when I saw in this in the showroom when I went to get our Innova serviced.

We are also considering the Innova Crysta as the replacement for our 10 year old Innova(bought pre-owned in 2016)as we got fed up of spending huge money on our present Innova and we have a thumb rule that we sell our cars after using it for 4-5 years.

But, we are confused whether we should get the VX version or GX AT as the Z is out of our reach and we already extended the budget to Rs.25L just for the sake of Innova Crysta, which my dad is inclined to purchase it.

If we purchase an Innova Crysta AT(costs close to Rs.24L here), the plan is to get GX AT as the Z version is expensive by Rs.6L and instead, will get the mods done like interior(which I'll get it done like VX or Z), reverse camera attached to stock HU and others, which will cost me around Rs.1.5L and still we would be saving around Rs.5L over the Z AT and I felt that the 2021 Crysta GX AT is well equipped than our 2011 Innova VX with features like Apple Carplay and Android Auto along with cruise control but misses out on features like auto climate control and fog lamps(which I'll get it done at showroom).
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 09:18   #2505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post

But, we are confused whether we should get the VX version or GX AT as the Z is out of our reach and we already extended the budget to Rs.25L just for the sake of Innova Crysta, which my dad is inclined to purchase it.

If we purchase an Innova Crysta AT(costs close to Rs.24L here), the plan is to get GX AT as the Z version is expensive by Rs.6L and instead, will get the mods done like interior(which I'll get it done like VX or Z), reverse camera attached to stock HU and others, which will cost me around Rs.1.5L and still we would be saving around Rs.5L over the Z AT and I felt that the 2021 Crysta GX AT is well equipped than our 2011 Innova VX with features like Apple Carplay and Android Auto along with cruise control but misses out on features like auto climate control and fog lamps(which I'll get it done at showroom).
GX is the VFM variant. With 2020 update it gets all features including ESP, Hill Hold. Only stuff you will miss are ACC and projector lamps. ZX gets 7 airbags but too much premium for airbags and few other nice to have features. Get VX only if you need ACC and projector lamps with 8 seats.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks