Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2021, 00:45   #2611
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Has anyone carried out the following mods on the GX variant. If yes, will be helpful to know the source and cost
  • Upgrade to ZX/VX instrument cluster - As per Toyota ASS, it costs close to 43K which isn't worth it. I don't quite like the cluster in the GX variant though
  • Upgrade to the ZX/VX projector lights
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 21:14   #2612
BHPian

As someone who has booked Toyota Innova Crysta ZX AT Diesel in mid April and with expected delivery date of 5-June... which is now sure to get pushed out due to lockdown, I was in a restless mood.

However this tweet just brought a smile to my face and subtly brought me to a peace zone!

Tweet Link: https://twitter.com/Toyota_India/sta...99893907283972
The leisure drives can wait. The road trips can wait. And so can your Toyota.

WHEN ALL THIS IS OVER..
IT WILL STILL BE UNMATCHED

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-will-still-unmatched.jpg
daretodream is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 22:28   #2613
Distinguished - BHPian

360 deg camera compatible with the OEM 8 inch touchscreen now available as an official accessory.

CEF_Beasts is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 00:01   #2614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Has anyone carried out the following mods on the GX variant. If yes, will be helpful to know the source and cost
  • Upgrade to ZX/VX instrument cluster - As per Toyota ASS, it costs close to 43K which isn't worth it. I don't quite like the cluster in the GX variant though
  • Upgrade to the ZX/VX projector lights
I am also looking for upgrade to projector headlamps in my GX AT 2016. Also, if ZXs auto folding mirrors would be compatible? any views?
Mail.atyagi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 11:53   #2615
Senior - BHPian

On a recent trip of about 500 kms, I started noticing faint vibrations on the brake pedal and steering under braking from 120-110 km/h on the expressway. I knew that the balancing is spot on as there are no vibes while normal acceleration or cruising at triple digit speeds. So had to be a brake issue. Sent the car to the service center today and they told me pads had about 6mm left, disc has a run-out of 0.5mm. I feel that is okay for the mileage on the car about 38K kms. Advisor suggested to use the car for another 5-7K kms, but I couldn't agree on this and asked them to do lathe cut on the disc and put new brake pads. My question is should I go ahead and change the discs right now as well or should I get this lathe work done and use for another 10-15K kms? If I do that, the pads would be around 50-60% life when I get new discs and I don't think that is advisable. For reference, in my previous Innova I changed the discs at 70K kms, for my Octavia I changed the discs at 60K kms.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 12:15   #2616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
My question is should I go ahead and change the discs right now as well or should I get this lathe work done and use for another 10-15K kms? If I do that, the pads would be around 50-60% life when I get new discs and I don't think that is advisable. For reference, in my previous Innova I changed the discs at 70K kms, for my Octavia I changed the discs at 60K kms.
Do disc skimming for now, pads should last another 10K easily if its indeed at 6mm. When changing pads, you can change disc too if you are not happy with results of skimming.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 22:19   #2617
BHPian

A Question to owners/ experts, I am expecting delivery of my GX AT (P) variant around the end of the month. The question is given the rate and ease new cars disappear in and around NCR (Gurgaon for me) is there a gear lock bit I can get fixed? Cant seem to find Autocop around and did read here that they may be/ have shut shop. The reason for a gear lock as an option is that the car is going to be run by mainly by my wife and managing to do a wheel lock et all is not something she would be happy doing on a regular basis.

Thoughts and solutions would be appreciated
dexter78 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 22:22   #2618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
  • Upgrade to ZX/VX instrument cluster
Found this video while surfing online Hope this serves some purpose to you

Regards
bravo82in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 22:31   #2619

Can you please help with the instructions on aligning the Blaupunkt LED 9X PRO ?

I've fitted the same to the headlights on my Honda Amaze (2nd Gen) - 2021 model.

I've also attached the picture of the fitment. Please guide me on the aligning as I think the beam is not aligned.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20210430_214727.jpg  

Old 25th June 2021, 20:42   #2620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_93 View Post
Can you please help with the instructions on aligning the Blaupunkt LED 9X PRO ?

I've fitted the same to the headlights on my Honda Amaze (2nd Gen) - 2021 model.

I've also attached the picture of the fitment. Please guide me on the aligning as I think the beam is not aligned.
Looks like your LED bulb is aligned vertically instead of being horizontal

This is how the same bulb looks like in my Jazz

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-jazz.jpg

The led chip needs to be aligned side to side

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-demo-1.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-demo-2.jpg

Do ensure that the shield is downwards

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-shield2.jpg

Pic Courtesy: Google image search

Cheers

Last edited by bravo82in : 25th June 2021 at 21:03.
bravo82in is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 21:08   #2621

Thanks much! I've fitted it wrong and now I've fitted it right now. And the beam is aligned perfectly.
Arun_93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 23:43   #2622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter78 View Post
A Question to owners/ experts, I am expecting delivery of my GX AT (P) variant around the end of the month. The question is given the rate and ease new cars disappear in and around NCR (Gurgaon for me) is there a gear lock bit I can get fixed? Cant seem to find Autocop around and did read here that they may be/ have shut shop.
Thoughts and solutions would be appreciated
Heartiest congratulations for your new ride. Wish you miles and miles of fuss free ownership. Now coming to the point, you may get in touch with RD overseas.
They seem to have a product for automatic transmission

My previous experience with their products was reasonably good.
I am also looking for a similar product. Will be driving down to Delhi next month and will check in person then.

Last edited by bravo82in : 25th June 2021 at 23:43. Reason: Typo
bravo82in is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 15:43   #2623
Distinguished - BHPian

In case you want to install a dashcam or remove the A-Pillar trim

For those of you who own the Crysta ZX with curtain airbags, please keep this in mind before you or anyone remove the A-Pillar plastic trim in order to route wires or any modifications. Under the trim the curtain airbag starts and then proceeds towards the rear of the car along the roof edges. The A pillar trim of cars without curtain airbags come with a simple snap type plastic clip which you can easily pull out and remove the trim. However, when we have curtain airbags, the airbags pop out between the gap of the trim and the door beading. When airbag inflation happens, due to the force, it would also push the trim out making itself some space to inflate. However this movement of the trim must be controlled, else it would be ejected outwards and into the path of the passengers forward movement, which is very dangerous.

Hence, Toyota has provided a different type of clip to hold the trim in place and it comes with a plastic arrestor strip that will control how much the trim can eject out of its place. Here is a picture of that part:
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-ef53f6ce51f444eeba9bfb6c530d1ddd.jpeg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-91e76592391b4b489b9006dc65cd4462.jpeg

So when the trim is removed by hand or by a prying tool, it stops at this position. After this, dont try to pull it out further. It looks like some special tool is needed to disconnect the arrestor strip(and also connect it back later). Hence if you try this at home, better stop at this point and if someone else is removing it for you (non Toyota guy) then ensure that this plastic strip isnt broken.

Also take care not to route any wire in the way of the airbag else thats going to be another problem if at all the airbags must be deployed. If the plastic arrestor strip is broken due to forceful removal of the A pillar trim, then this is going to be a hazard if the airbags have to deploy. Hence I wanted to warn everyone after my discovery today. Because if some accessory shop guy decides its a stupid plastic part which isnt crucial, or it gets ripped off during forcible removal, then if at all one day you meet the unfortunate incident where the airbags have to deploy, the A Pillar would be right in the face of the front passenger. Hence, be careful with this small part.

Last edited by audioholic : 26th June 2021 at 15:51.
audioholic is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 16:10   #2624
BHPian

Hello

Slotting in 2nd gear tips:

I purchased a preowned Innova Crysta V - 2018 in April 21 (just before the lockdown). If I don't fully engage the clutch its hard to put it in 2nd gear and sometimes I get a jarring aftershock up my elbow. The only option I have to be fully aware before when putting the car in 2nd gear and push the clutch all the way down. No issues with any other gear, perhaps 2nd gear has the greater travel.

Any tips to work around this? Or will this just become second nature over time.

thank you.
Old 5th July 2021, 17:49   #2625
BHPian

Wanted to share that our new Crysta is here after months of waiting! Went to check it out. Do note that I haven't even sat inside a Crysta till now, let alone test drive. The quality of materials is top notch. Delivery day after tomorrow. Will keep updating!
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-unnamed-2.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-unnamed-3.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-unnamed-1.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-unnamed.jpg  

krishnakarthik1 is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks