Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2021, 19:48   #2656
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
There is a very very noticeable forward lurch every time you shift it to D.
It is very annoying to say the least.
This is there in my friend's 2 year old Crysta Automatic 2.8 as well.
Yup, same here. Its not there if the brakes are pressed firmly but if not, then yes thats the lurch of the gear engaging and trying to propel the car ahead. With this I also realised that anyone can slot in from Neutral to reverse or drive without pressing the brake and god save you if the passenger decides to do this. Dont know how such a basic safety interlock is missed. So important lesson is, never leave the drivers seat without putting the car in park position. If you leave it in neutral, and if you have a mischievous passenger/kid in the car with the engine running, thats not a good scenario.

Last edited by audioholic : 9th August 2021 at 19:49.
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 21:48   #2657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Not casting aspersions on anyone but, does the lurch happen despite the brake being pressed firmly while shifting to D?
Yes Sridhu, in my car, there is a forward lurch even when the brakes are pressed firmly. The car doesn't roll forward but there is a lurch and it is quite pronounced.
It is surprising that toyota has overcome this in the new Fortuner automatic.

Last edited by starter : 9th August 2021 at 21:50.
Old 9th August 2021, 23:10   #2658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbangalore View Post
Oddities with the Innova.

We got our Innova GX (the 2021 edition) and I noticed some oddities. Wondering if folks in the forum have had a fix for them or noticed them too.

1. Driver side window controls - if I press the Window Lock, it locks out windows functions for everyone including the driver. Ideally, the function of such a lock would be to disallow other passengers from using their window controls, however allowing the driver full control over window ops. SA says this is a GX thing and works fine in the ZX (Which gets auto-window roll).

2. Android Auto Wireless functions - The Android Auto .
My 2016 2.8 GX Crysta driver side window lock button locks all windows except driver side. Not sure if Toyota changed the feature in 2021 model. Doesn't sounds logical though. You may check with the service centre.
Mail.atyagi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 01:12   #2659
jav
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
There is a very very noticeable forward lurch every time you shift it to D.

My car had it too and i could feel that rear left tire/side was doing it more than the right side, this drove me nuts so i decided to open the brake drums and adjust it and it seemed to solve the issue for a few thousand kms but then came back.

Finally found the issue, in my case the handbrake cable was not adjusted properly as it was not allowing the rear brake shoes to fully return to rest position(especially the rear left wheel), which made the drum brake adjuster to get stuck between steps.

Adjusted the handbrake cable and after a few tries got it pretty much spot on and now with even the brakes lightly pressed there is absolutely no jerk or lurch from P or N to D, but there is a slight suspension movement when stopping and shifting to reverse but i guess that's normal.
jav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 16:56   #2660
BHPian

Done with the 1000kms first service at Harsha Toyota and the whole experience was great. Coming from a horrible and pathetic sales experience from the other dealer in Hyderabad this was a relief. Nothing major to report, everything was as expected and it cost 599.

I am really loving the super quiet engine, comfortable seats and the beautiful ride. Other major thing I have observed is the build up you get when you get down from a white Crysta.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_3834.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_3835.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_3839.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_3837.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_3836.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_3842.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_3850.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_3844.jpg  

Last edited by krishnakarthik1 : 14th August 2021 at 16:57. Reason: Spelling
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 17:09   #2661
BHPian

Congratulations for your new ride. Wish you miles of comfortable ride ahead. Heard the 2021 Crysta’s NVH levels is better than the 2020 model. Is this true?
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 10:59   #2662
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Done with the 1000kms first service
Congrats on your new ride.

Quote:
Coming from a horrible and pathetic sales experience from the other dealer in Hyderabad
I am going through the same horrific sales experience with RK Toyota for the past 5 months. No professionalism at all. Harsha is far better.
cnu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 10:54   #2663
BHPian

Just thought of posting a summary of our Innova crysta ownership experience so far. 32 months & 65,000 kilometres update.

Model - Toyota Innova Crysta 2.8Z AT.

We have purchased this in December 2018 as there was need for one more car & we already own a 2016 3.2 Ford endeavour. My mother was not very happy with ingress & egress of endeavour. They do miss captain seats of innova in the endeavour, so decision was made to go for trusted Innova Crysta.

Prior to this we have used 2 innovas so far, 2.5 Lakh in our 2007 innova followed by 1.6 Lakh kms in our 2012 innova which we have sold for endeavour in 2016. Compared to previous gen innova we felt crysta has nicer interiors, safer (more air bags), powerful interiors & overall more engaging to drive. So decision to go for crysta was easier & frankly nothing else was considered.

Needless to say our Innova Crysta has been reliable so far with zero down time & reasonable service cost.

Age of the car now - 2 years 8 months
Odometer reading - 65,000 kilometres
Apart from routine service every 10k kilometres, we had to change brake pads at 35,000 kilometres.

Coming to service costs

60,000 kilometres service - Rs 11,900 (including wiper blades which costed Rs 700)

50,000 kilometres - Rs 6080/-

40,000 kilometres - Rs 11,800 (including WA/WB)

35,000 kilometres. - Rs 8140/- (inspection + brake pads change)

30,000 kilometres - Rs 7,800/- (including WA/WB)

10,000 and 20,000 kilometres service costs were significantly less because of free labour if I remember correctly. The service costs appear cheaper because I always make sure they dont charge/include extras like ac cleaning, injector cleaning, engine flush..etc. Now a days I just mention over phone that I am not going to pay for whatever they do “extra” apart from routine PMS as prescribed by Toyota India. If left to SA, they will definitely add atleast Rs 5000/- worth of services.

In comparison service costs of my endeavour are marginally cheaper, however my endeavour has atleast spent 15 days at garage apart from routine service visits because of sensor issues. Will be changing tyres along with 70k service. Hoping for a niggle free experience just like our previous innova’s. In my view crysta is probably the most sorted & luxurious utility vehicle available in market today & it shows in numbers. When carnival was launched I was excited as I felt it might be a worthy upgrade & replacement (?). However I am not completely convinced on the same.
harsha.muvva is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 11:17   #2664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Done with the 1000kms first service at Harsha Toyota and the whole experience was great. Coming from a horrible and pathetic sales experience from the other dealer in Hyderabad this was a relief. Nothing major to report, everything was as expected and it cost 599.

I am really loving the super quiet engine, comfortable seats and the beautiful ride. Other major thing I have observed is the build up you get when you get down from a white Crysta.
Congratulations on your new ride. Toyota did a good job with facelift and the Crysta has good road presence with facelift. Even the Alloy wheel design on ZX trim looks lovely.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 16:27   #2665
Senior - BHPian

Just completed a 2500 KM road trip with this beast 2.8Z. I was sceptical as in this car won't be as comfortable for my trip because of the lacking lumbar and seat cushion compared to the older Innova. Incidentally I did the same road trip in my older Innova and that too was a breeze. But I have nothing to complain! Just fill up the tank, start the car and keep driving! It absorbed bad roads with aplomb. It glided over good roads with sheer confidence inspiring handling. The steering is best suited for highways and makes for a really stable drive. The car guzzled up almost 20,000 Rs. worth of diesel and gave me a mileage of around 12.5-13 km/L for the entire trip. I strictly drove at the speed limits of the expressways and did not cross 130 km/h besides one or two times. The car was really engaging to drive! Only one thing, on the ghat sections and roads where the levelling is quite uneven, I felt that I had to muster all my strength and work those biceps to keep the steering pointed in the direction I was heading. It does take some effort and you have to grip it really firmly to make it behave as it should. Otherwise a fantastic drive and one that is niggle free, stress free, absolute bliss. I had already got the 45000 km service done before the trip. After the trip, odo stands at 41500 kms. I have been advancing the service schedules to keep this car in best shape possible. The tyres are Michelin Primacy 4 225/55/17 installed the same day as delivery of the car, no issue with them till now either. I accidentally followed google maps blindly and it lead me down a narrow trail, right till Morjim beach! I was just surprised I made it down there and all the way back up, with 6 adults in the car, not scraping over anything, just smooth sailing. It is doable, you take the route down the main road for SynQ beach shack in Morjim. If you miss the parking sign (which I did as there was none) you will end up right on the beach! Don't forget to use Power mode, as I did for the most part of my drive throughout! Even in the city. I have tamed the beast

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_1133.jpg
adi_petrolhead is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 21:09   #2666
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Just completed a 2500 KM road trip with this beast 2.8Z. Don't forget to use Power mode, as I did for the most part of my drive throughout! Even in the city. I have tamed the beast
Man, I really envy 2.8L Innovas! Wish Toyota still sold them, hold on to your’s for a long time you won’t regret it!

You never know a few years down, it can appreciate in value solely on the engine spec
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 11:17   #2667
Senior - BHPian

In retrospect to my post yesterday about landing up on Morjim beach, I do not advise people actually do it. It was an exciting moment and I shared my experience with fellow members. As I have been informed by a member on the forum that Morjim beach is one of the breeding ground for Olive Ridley Sea Turtles and they lay their eggs in the sand at the beach and hence its not recommended to drive there. I did not drive at all on the beach and quickly made a u-turn back to the main road.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 20:22   #2668
Distinguished - BHPian

The Innova has sold a total of 9 Lakh units in India since it’s launch in 2005

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-ffafdad5a88644048aac1c253394a188.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTR-AFMP...dium=copy_link
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 21:44   #2669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The Innova has sold a total of 9 Lakh units in India since it’s launch in 2005
I am surprised they are counting the Crysta numbers together with the old Innova since it's launch in 2005. The two cars are very different (other than the body structure) and sold at very different price points.

1L units of Crysta sold is almost as good as selling 1.6-1.8L units of the old Innova if not more (given the price point and segment change discounting for inflation)

They could have rather split the numbers and shown the evolution of the Innova. How it still continues to dominate and be the choice of Indians with deeper pockets
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 11:33   #2670
BHPian

Hi Guys, is it mandatory to get the service done every 6 months? I have 2019 2.8 GX and really annoyed with this 6 month interval. Besides my running is very low. Are there any downsides to skipping the 6 month services and go for only yearly services?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks