Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2017, 20:20   #1156
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by smekad View Post
An interesting observation. My crysta zx Low beam LED lamps show a glow of blue + yellow around the edges of illumination . I feel that the Light coming out from the LED dome, hits the headlight glass and causes some prismatic effect.
Does your observation look anything like this?
If not, it’d be great if you could post a picture of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-dcbf634f5356475aaecba53881ad80e9.jpeg  

Old 17th December 2017, 20:36   #1157
BHPian

Attached photos sorry I could not get a really dark parking to get the view, but even with a lit parking area the "yellow/Blue" tinge looks very evident.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20171217_202422.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20171217_202356.jpg  

smekad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 21:16   #1158
BANNED

Quote:
Attached photos sorry I could not get a really dark parking to get the view, but even with a lit parking area the "yellow/Blue" tinge looks very evident.
I'd suggest creating a racket closer to expiry of warranty. To me seems pretty ok, maybe just a tiny bit of movement in the LED bulb that is showing the cut off in a different manner.
Old 17th December 2017, 22:55   #1159
BHPian

Quote:
This is completely normal, as the cutoff shield is prominently dispersing light into several colours.
I won’t be able to give you the technical terms behind it, but I can assure you that nothing is wrong with the headlights of your car.
Here are some pictures from the low beam of our 2.4 ZX.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-a158476b18ee4a2c9fda6b7c65e44552.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-f2bfb06a295d4b1d8fc382798c434ede.jpeg  

Old 18th December 2017, 08:33   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
This is completely normal, as the cutoff shield is prominently dispersing light into several colours.

It is not the cutoff shield but the actual projector lens assembly which causes the light to disperse into different colors. The headlight cutoff itself is provided by the aforementioned shield. Unless I am mistake, the Crysta like most other cars uses fresnel lenses as the projector which usually cause a yellowish tinge to appear. My E90 BMW as well as Hyundai Santa Fe both exhibit the same effect albeit with xenon lights.

If you'd rather have just the blue "flicker", you can swap out the lens with completely clear lenses such as those used by Infiniti (luxury division of Nissan here in North America). It will more than likely void the warranty on headlights however the upgraded lenses provide a much sharper cutoff and significantly improved light output.
CrippledLucifer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 09:19   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrippledLucifer View Post
It is not the cutoff shield but the actual projector lens assembly which causes the light to disperse into different colors. The headlight cutoff itself is provided by the aforementioned shield. Unless I am mistake, the Crysta like most other cars uses fresnel lenses as the projector which usually cause a yellowish tinge to appear. My E90 BMW as well as Hyundai Santa Fe both exhibit the same effect albeit with xenon lights.

If you'd rather have just the blue "flicker", you can swap out the lens with completely clear lenses such as those used by Infiniti (luxury division of Nissan here in North America). It will more than likely void the warranty on headlights however the upgraded lenses provide a much sharper cutoff and significantly improved light output.
I actually intended to write projector lens instead of cutoff shield, but made the mistake as I was in a hurry.
Yes, you’re right about fresnel & clear lenses.
The latter even lets the projector perform to its fullest, whereas the former detunes the same.

Last edited by ampere : 23rd December 2017 at 03:12. Reason: Edited as requested
Old 18th December 2017, 10:45   #1162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
Mine is manufactured in july 18. But I called toyota on their 1800 no a week back and they said they have only 5 mt and 6 auto gear box for touring sport. They also took my details and will let me know when available. I been to showroom last week for rubber mats but didnt bother to enquire. Any way thanks for the info , I was worried about spares for these limited editions.
Spoke to someone from the dealer and he got confirmation from Toyota as well.

There is no 5 speed MT touring sport any more. All the touring sports are 6 speed MT or 6 speed AT since October.

Looks like the 1800 call center is unaware and Toyota should rectify this. It clearly means there is a gap somewhere. Plus dealers are also confused.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 19th December 2017 at 17:15.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 10:57   #1163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Spoke to someone from the dealer and he got confirmation from Toyota as well.

There is no 5 speed MT touring sport any more. All the touring sports are 6 speed MT or 6 speed AT since October.

Looks like the 1800 call center is unaware and Toyota should rectify this. It clearly means there is a gap somewhere. Plus dealers are also confused.
Not that it matters to me any more as I just booked an AT, but any news on when these 6 speed MT boxes will trickle down to regular variants?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 20th December 2017 at 10:09. Reason: typo in quoted post edited
Old 18th December 2017, 12:20   #1164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post

Also I'd like to ask you guys, why did you pick the MT Innova over the AT, to me, I can think of no reason to make such a decision. This is more so directed to the zx owners as it's not too much of a price difference especially when one is spending that much money. Is it fear or reliability or more maintenance?
I went for the manual because I loved it much more than the Auto. I could not imagine myself driving an Auto Innova which was outright boring, and I wasn't able to connect with the car. Add to that my usage doesnot warrant an Auto as 80% of my driving is on highway. While Auto box is convenient, the FE is bad and so is resale. I don't think the traditional torque converters have an reliability issues and my purchase was based on my need and taste.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 22:21   #1165
BHPian

How accurate is the news about 3% increase in Toyota Innova Crysta prices starting January 2018? Is it, 'likely' or 'confirmed'?

Confused, requesting thoughts. Does it make sense to go in for a 2017 model this month or pay the additional difference next month and get a 2018 model? Debating & confused since, there are no new features added or additional colors being introduced for the 2018 models, right?

Pros & cons welcome. Thanks.
Old 19th December 2017, 00:41   #1166
BHPian

Could any of the Crysta owners confirm this? I remember that Crysta has Driver Seat Belt warning along with front passenger seatbelt warning. I usually buckle up as soon as I sit in the car, so I didnt observe it keenly before. But off late, I realized that the Driver Seat Belt Warning is no longer shown on the console, even when I dont put on the belt and cross the 20 KMPH speed. The passenger seat belt warning still works though. Is this a sensor gone wrong? Any one else experienced this?
Old 19th December 2017, 01:45   #1167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Could any of the Crysta owners confirm this? I remember that Crysta has Driver Seat Belt warning along with front passenger seatbelt warning. I usually buckle up as soon as I sit in the car, so I didnt observe it keenly before. But off late, I realized that the Driver Seat Belt Warning is no longer shown on the console, even when I dont put on the belt and cross the 20 KMPH speed. The passenger seat belt warning still works though. Is this a sensor gone wrong? Any one else experienced this?
The warning chime will stop after a couple of minutes of driving, but the seatbelt light will stay on until you/your passenger buckle up.
AShubrah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 09:44   #1168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
The warning chime will stop after a couple of minutes of driving, but the seatbelt light will stay on until you/your passenger buckle up.
Correct, which is exactly what I don't see anymore for the driver seat. Wondering if it's any sensor not working. My car's driver seat tracks are changed under warranty and I wonder if it's got to do anything with that.

Dropped the car for 30k service and asked them to check it. I also asked them to check for the reason behind steering vibration while braking at high speeds.
samabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 10:20   #1169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
How accurate is the news about 3% increase in Toyota Innova Crysta prices starting January 2018? Is it, 'likely' or 'confirmed'?

Confused, requesting thoughts. Does it make sense to go in for a 2017 model this month or pay the additional difference next month and get a 2018 model? Debating & confused since, there are no new features added or additional colors being introduced for the 2018 models, right?

Pros & cons welcome. Thanks.
3% increase in price is confirmed and you should just go and grab one with discounts right away. And you are right there are no new features/colors that will be offered in 2018. All manufacturers have increased the price and Toyota will not miss this opportunity. You can get the car now and register in 2018.
Old 19th December 2017, 10:21   #1170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Correct, which is exactly what I don't see anymore for the driver seat. Wondering if it's any sensor not working. My car's driver seat tracks are changed under warranty and I wonder if it's got to do anything with that.
There is a cable that comes from under body of the car that is connected to the seatbelt socket near center console. Most probably someone forgot to connect the cable back when they changed the tracks.
naikameya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks