Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2018, 19:36   #1276
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
With nitrogen, your tire pressures will remain more constant, as nitrogen is less likely to migrate through tyre rubber than oxygen is, and a tyre filled with nitrogen also exhibits less pressure change with temperature swings, saving you a small amount in fuel and tyre maintenance costs.
Thanks for the update on nitrogen. I asked Toyota, they fill regular air during servicing. I will continue with regular air for now as 1st free service is coming up in a couple of weeks. Do not want them to mix nitrogen (in case I fill it now) and regular air.

Which brings me to a question, what happens if nitrogen is in the tyres and during servicing the ASC tops up with regular air (not knowing there is nitrogen in the tyres)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
I dont think issue here is on QC on bridgestone tires or oem wheels but pinching of tires under load.Thats how toyota or bridgestone could getaway from customers complaints.
Good point. Owing to the lack of wall height, could result in pinching. But surprisingly, some luxury cars or other cars having 'narrow height' radial tyres seem to do well and not report any such pinching issues by and large.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
Regarding info on navigation I pmed you on the same.
Thank-you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
And no, you are not entitled to get updates to the map. The version you get is once and for ever. If you need a newer version of the maps, pay 15,000 INR to get it. Even that is a one time purchase. Any further update and you will again have to pay through your noses. What exactly is Toyota trying to prove with the navigation here ?
This is really surprising. I asked the Toyota service personnel, they told me that software upgrade is done free of charge (if there is a upgrade available) at the time of regular servicing.

Quote:
To get the coordinates from Google maps, first search for the place in Google maps. Then drop a pin near to it on the road. Then click on more info. It'll look something like the below picture.
Thanks, I'll try it out and see if this works.
Old 7th January 2018, 03:18   #1277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
Well, then I suppose the insurance company can totally reject claims for cosmetic damages too, as they don’t affect the functionality of the car either.

Since you were running on the stock 215/55 tyres before these, do you seem to find any improvement whatsoever to the ride quality or stability of the car when compared to the former?
Yes, there is a marginal improvement in ride quality and stability, and most importantly there's peace of mind. In winters i keep my tyre pressure 31 in all 4 tyres as it is single person occupancy and i see a jump in 3-4 Psi on my TPMS after the tyres get warm. for highway runs i keep it 34 front and 37 Rear as occupancy is at least 5 and the nightmares Turanza Tyre pinch bulges gave me. I have already mentioned my experience with Michelin 225 55/R17 and quoting the post below for reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego28 View Post
After Sidewall Bulge in 2 tyres and bend in 1 alloy (because of tyre bulge) I finally bit the bullet and replaced four 215 55/R17 Turanzas to Michelin 225 55/R17 Primacy ST.
After 8 month and ~17000kms with the 225 Michelin shods and I can personally vouch for their marginally better ride quality.
I have faced no issues whatsoever and the car rides less stiff on uneven roads since these are softer tyres and there is a small increase in sidewall.
Controlling the Car feels a lot more confident when driving > 120kmph, and braking is marginally better.

The tyre is rated at 101W with Extra Load(XL) so you need not worry about the sidewall bulge

It could a psychological thing, but I feel the body roll has decreased a bit.
Will add pictures soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac.terroris View Post
I wish we knew this earlier. I just casually enquired about a black colour and the dealership politely declined. If I knew this I would've made sure to get one crysta in black out of the 3 we own( white, bronze, cherry).
I saw black color on road before booking mine, and was informed that black is only available for corporate fleet bookings of 10 or more vehicles. Crysta looks wicked in black.

Quote:
The insurance company ( SBI ) questioned Toyota on why the alloys have to replaced for a minor scratches since it doesn't affect the functionality. They called me to inform me about it. I just asked them to do the right thing technically.

Also asked them to install the damaged alloy along with new tyres on the front left and not use it as Stepney so that I can test it in real world driving whether it holds up well.
i have lots of scratches and dents on all my alloys. the woes of low profile tyres, trips to mountains, suburban areas and my careless driving i guess. They do not cause any issues at all. Adding pics for reference.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_0194.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_0195.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_0197.jpg
Old 7th January 2018, 05:24   #1278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i have lots of scratches and dents on all my alloys. the woes of low profile tyres, trips to mountains, suburban areas and my careless driving i guess. They do not cause any issues at all. Adding pics for reference.
The second image does not look like a scratch, mate. Looks like a crack. I would get it assessed specifically by the ASC to ensure that there is no deeper crack. A failure in an Alloy at 120 kmph is catastrophic and unrecoverable.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 08:25   #1279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whether to replace an alloy or not has to be an informed decision after considering the kind of damage it took. In my case, the scratch extends to the inside of the alloy and the technician who looked at it was concerned whether it will cause damage to the tyres. Now, they say it's fine. I want to double check it by using it on actual road so that I'm not surprised when I'm in need of a Stepney and Stepney too gives away.
Old 7th January 2018, 10:28   #1280
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Why brand Innova is brand Innova.

Rented a 3 lakh km taxi in Rajasthan. Drove like a 60,000 km car. Driver says they have examples with even 5 lakh km in the fleet serving customers reliably everyday.

Plus, a majority of customers renting a 7-seater ask for 'Innova' only. They won't accept anything else.

I believe over 50% of the Innova Crysta's sales are to commercial customers.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-innova.jpg
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 11:01   #1281
VR4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Why brand Innova is brand Innova.

Rented a 3 lakh km taxi in Rajasthan. Drove like a 60,000 km car. Driver says they have examples with even 5 lakh km in the fleet serving customers reliably everyday.

Plus, a majority of customers renting a 7-seater ask for 'Innova' only. They won't accept anything else.

I believe over 50% of the Innova Crysta's sales are to commercial customers.

Attachment 1713568
True GTO. Was going to Jamshedpur from Ranchi in an Innova which had clocked 5.45 Lakh KMS and the driver / owner was confident of using it for another 5.5 to 6 Lakh KMS - really wonder !!!

Was in excellent condition. The ride was superb.

Last edited by VR4 : 7th January 2018 at 11:06.
VR4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 13:17   #1282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Earlier this month took delivery of a Crysta 2.8Z AT in Attitude Black Colour to replace the 2014 Innova V used by my father...,
VVB
Wow.
Congrats on the ever elusive 'black' innova.

Always bothered me why TKM didn't provide black for the Innova post 2009, until I saw quite a few black Innovas in Bengaluru circa 2015. Posted the same here and everyone replied it had to be a corporate booking. Sure, all the cars i saw were rentals.

If am not wrong, @PrideRed had mentioned in his ownership thread that one had to do full payment upfront and wait for 3-5 months to get the Black color??
Old 7th January 2018, 13:38   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
The second image does not look like a scratch, mate. Looks like a crack. I would get it assessed specifically by the ASC to ensure that there is no deeper crack. A failure in an Alloy at 120 kmph is catastrophic and unrecoverable.
It looks that way in the picture. But It is a superficial scratch, or rather dent. Been there since 1+year.
Old 7th January 2018, 13:41   #1284
Senior - BHPian

Black was available as an option since Crysta launch but it was not mentioned in the brochure. I enquired about this at the time of booking my Crysta just for sakes as Black was never an option for me. Black is put into production when they get some numbers of confirmed orders, mostly from corporate/fleet sales. Individual orders are clubbed with the bulk order and thus the wait period and the need to confirm with upfront payment.
Sankar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 22:02   #1285
BHPian

The Toyota India website now shows new prices. I checked for the Touring Sport, which now cost approximately INR 15K more (compared to December 2017 prices), ex-showroom price.

Visited a local Bridgestone tyre dealer enquiring about stock size 215/55 R17 tyres. Not sure of the exact price but it was somewhere around INR 11,400 per tyre. I asked him if he had received any complaints for this size from Innova owners. He said there were complaints, but they were in the past. Recently he has not heard of any. My guess is that it was probably so, since Toyota changed to 16” wheel size. Of course, he was still under the impression that all Innovas now came with 16” wheels. I had to educate him that since a few months, Toyota has changed back to 17” wheels on some models.

I had no intention of swapping the current stock 215/55 tyres (as they are under warrantee), but out of curiosity asked him if he had any in this size. He did not have any in stock. I believe after the tyre issues for this size, the demand has reduced and hence maybe the dealers are not stocking up this size. He did however recommended that if I were to change to new tyres, to go in for 215/60 R17 (which he had in stock) as they had slightly broader walls. Again, not sure of the precise price, but these were around INR 13,903 per tyre.

With all the discussions going on about the 17” stock 215/55 size tyres, every time there are patches of bad road (which by the way are plenty in the city where I stay), I have to be extra careful now, based on the wall damage that was reported in this forum. Really a pity that with such a wonderful “soft-roader” with a ‘T” badge quality, one has to still be so mindful while traversing pitted roads in the city.

Amongst many other reasons, one reason why I purchased a Toyota Innova was for the high clearance, so that I would to be able to navigate bad roads with “normal speed”, especially during rainy season when almost every road becomes an obstacle track.
geotracks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 13:14   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
The Toyota India website now shows new prices.Touring Sport, which now cost 15K more (compared to December 2017 prices), ex-showroom price.
he was still under the impression that all Innovas now came with 16” wheels.

Really a pity that with such a wonderful “soft-roader” with a ‘T” badge quality, one has to still be so mindful while traversing pitted roads in the city.
May be its new year special, prices of V & Z variants went up by 40k. When I bought in july it was 2lks cheaper and I got the inferior 16" setup .

On all my services I tell service rep to check air pressures of all tires and check the next morning with my accurate device. It always came 33 psi on all tires.My left front tire sensor went kaput within first 1k kms and was replaced at 5 k service.

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 8th January 2018 at 13:17.
Old 11th January 2018, 07:26   #1287
BHPian

Hi,
Could anyone please confirm if you have received a seperate Warranty Card for the Tyres and the Battery or is it simply endorsed in the owner manual.
Old 11th January 2018, 11:06   #1288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSK22 View Post
Hi,
Could anyone please confirm if you have received a seperate Warranty Card for the Tyres and the Battery or is it simply endorsed in the owner manual.
As I remember tyre serial numbers are mentioned somewhere in the user/service manual. Don't recall seeing same for Battery but I believe it should be there in Service Manual.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 13:12   #1289
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
a seperate Warranty Card for the Tyres and the Battery
It might be in the glove box for the battery, for new cars, you won't need as Dealership will facilitate claim in event of any issues. I remember having got my battery changed at Toyota workshop on a Petrol Innova which was sitting at Dealership for 2 Years in 2nd Year of ownership ( technically 4th Year or so of Battery production) They have a battery checking machine and will give a print out after a check. For Tyres, I believe they will call company official for inspection as warranties are tricky.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 18:31   #1290
BHPian

A truck reversed on my crysta a couple days back. The brunt force was enough to rupture the hood and cut into the sheet metal. Only option is to get the hood replaced. There goes the no claim bonus.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20180110_1530110.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20180110_153012.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20180110_174045.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20180110_152954.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20180110_1530110.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20180110_152958.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks