Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2017, 15:36   #1036
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

You can see I used jopasu once in 7 days. Car does have self cleaning properties. I didnt scratch my car yet and dont intend to find out if its resistant..
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20171113_153138.jpg  

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 13th November 2017 at 15:43. Reason: Spellings
Old 13th November 2017, 17:38   #1037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Maintaining the car has become a pain now as the dust accumulates so fast. I am planning to get a car cover just for this.
Car cover use with dust will result in fine scratches. Be wary of that!
I will recommend using Jopasu once in 2 days when the car is dry ( even without the morning mist ). I have been using this for a year now and has helped reduce the car wash frequency from once every week to once in 3-4 weeks. The car remains decently clean between the washes.
amalji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 12:24   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
I think the sensor is kept at the end of the lumbar support. Try not kneeling back and the sensor buzzing would stop.
Yes I tried it. Your observation is spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Car cover use with dust will result in fine scratches. Be wary of that!
You are right. I personally experienced it. When I bought my Crysta, with my initial enthusiasm, I bought a cover, and within four days of using it, I saw this:
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_4986.jpg  

Old 16th November 2017, 12:37   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Dirty car has the advantage of people not leaning on it when parked I don't wash mine often. Only before long drives.
--

One night while parked at a hotel the car made alarm noise and the security guy told me about it the next morning. I wondered why and later figured it out that the TGA security system's bonnet/hood switch was broken. This happened around two months ago and the Toyota dealer so far has not been able to source the switch. Since its part of the Toyota Genuine Accessory and not a Toyota part they are not able to order it through their system instead is following up with Autocop which supplies the kit. Not very happy about this, Toyota dealer has passed the ball to Autocop's court. The dealer's genuine accessory section seems to be very non-toyota in its operation.

So keep in mind when you buy a TGA item if it ever need a child part it just might not be available.

Last edited by Sankar : 16th November 2017 at 12:39.
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 14:12   #1040
BHPian

I used to cover the car with tph rainx. I didn't scratch my car then. I think you need 2 people to remove and cover the car. Covers weighs more than 8 kilos .
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-tph.jpg  

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 16th November 2017 at 14:14.
Old 16th November 2017, 15:36   #1041
Senior - BHPian

Covers are easier to use on 3 box designs (sedans), easier to put on and easier to take off. I used to roll on and roll off the car cover which does not unsettle the dust settled on the cover. On hatches and other 2 box designs its not as easy. Nowadays I prefer not to use one as i rather let the dust sit on the car rather than on me.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 13:09   #1042
Senior - BHPian

Guys Is it possible to fit fog lamp bulbs without removing the bumper? I checked for opening but could find none. The GX variant doesnot have park light bulbs in rear light assembly installed on boot. Is it possible to add bulb to existing one?
Old 20th November 2017, 08:44   #1043
Senior - BHPian

So finally better brakes are being made available for the new Innova, I hope the kit will be out in the market soon. I have Unichip in my Crysta which maketh the output around 230 in its current tune and it is fast for a 1.7 ton van and needs more stopping power. Seriously I was and I am thinking of going for the new RS just for those awesome brakes though VAG is not my favourite brand right now.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-brembo.jpg
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 17:01   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
So finally better brakes are being made available for the new Innova, I hope the kit will be out in the market soon. I have Unichip in my Crysta which maketh the output around 230 in its current tune and it is fast for a 1.7 ton van and needs more stopping power. Seriously I was and I am thinking of going for the new RS just for those awesome brakes though VAG is not my favourite brand right now.

Attachment 1697733
I expect that this would cost a lot? And don't they void the warranty?

Just returned from a long drive from Goa. The dreaded steering vibration while braking at high speeds is back. The front discs were changed under warranty before due to the same problem and that was seen once more just before the 20k full service. I reported the same to the Service Centre and they told me that the brake pads/discs have been serviced thoroughly. Haven't experienced the same problem after that untill this trip and seriously it's a nightmare to go at legit high speeds with the concern of this heavy steering vibration. I usually stick to 100 - 120 KMPh throught out whenever I drive on the highways. The ODO is close to 29k KMS now and I plan to get checked during the 30k service interval.

Sankar, I remember that you have got the discs skimmed long back. Did it help?

Moreover the fuel tank capacity of 55L has turned out to be a big issue during this trip. I usually fill up only at COCOs whenever I drive on the highways and I was hoping to find one on the way to Goa, only to see myself hitting an almost empty tank and ended filling up from a road side shop at Ramnagar, somewhere in the middle of the forest just before the Ghats. I realise with my driving style the full tank range is ~570 Kms. Whereas my friends driving in a XUV and EcoSport could make it to Goa in a single tankful.

Last edited by samabhi : 20th November 2017 at 17:10.
samabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 18:00   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Just returned from a long drive from Goa. The dreaded steering vibration while braking at high speeds is back. The front discs were changed under warranty before due to the same problem and that was seen once more just before the 20k full service. I reported the same to the Service Centre and they told me that the brake pads/discs have been serviced thoroughly. Haven't experienced the same problem after that untill this trip and seriously it's a nightmare to go at legit high speeds with the concern of this heavy steering vibration.

Experience the same Steering-vibration-at-high-speeds on my return journey from Goa in June this year with ODO clocking at 19k.

Specifically requested and got Discs Skimmed. Have driven close to 5k kms most on highways since and have not faced any vibrations.
shenoytech is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 17:12   #1046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I expect that this would cost a lot? And don't they void the warranty?
Yes it will be costly I suppose, more so if it have to be imported. But the improvement in braking would be worth it, especially for me because it is much quicker than a stock Crysta.

Quote:
Just returned from a long drive from Goa. The dreaded steering vibration while braking at high speeds is back. The front discs were changed under warranty before due to the same problem and that was seen once more just before the 20k full service. I reported the same to the Service Centre and they told me that the brake pads/discs have been serviced thoroughly. Haven't experienced the same problem after that untill this trip and seriously it's a nightmare to go at legit high speeds with the concern of this heavy steering vibration. I usually stick to 100 - 120 KMPh throught out whenever I drive on the highways. The ODO is close to 29k KMS now and I plan to get checked during the 30k service interval.

Yes first they skimmed the disc and the vibration returned after couple of thousands of driving. Then they replaced the disc+caliper+pad+caliper pin+fluid under warranty. With the new kit in place i experienced very minor vibes once again but it urned out to be worn out pads (only around 2mm left). So replaced the pads and its now OK. Discs are still good.

If your vehicle still has the original discs and pads i suggest you take it up with the dealer to get it replaced, I'm told the newer disc and pad is made of an improved material.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 18:40   #1047
Distinguished - BHPian

Family friend is considering the Crysta.

Wanted to know about NVH in the 4 versions, and FE of the AT vs Manual. Petrol & Diesel.

They will keep their Santro for city runs, but they do a decent amount of running around. Not sure which one to suggest. Diesel ? AT ?
Old 23rd November 2017, 19:04   #1048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
They will keep their Santro for city runs, but they do a decent amount of running around. Not sure which one to suggest. Diesel ? AT ?
My pick would be Diesel AT for the following reasons.
  1. Fuel cost of 5.91 INR per km vs 9.3 INR per km
  2. Much higher resale value. The Diesel variant of Innova retains its resale value more than any other vehicle in India and it provides you with a lot of liquidity as well.
  3. Torque, torque and torque. For heavy vehicles like the Innova, torque helps! And that peak torque of 360 Nm from as low an rpm of 1200 rpms all the way till 3400 rpms is unparalleled. You cannot ask for better drivability than that. For 90% of your daily requirements on typical Indian roads, the Diesel beats the Petrol hands down.
  4. The same diesel engine does duty for Fortuner, Hilux at a much higher torque figure ( 450 Nm ). The de-tuned configuration will ensure even better durability which is already a forte of brand - Toyota.

PS: The fuel cost is calculated at 70% of ARAI mileage which is what you normally get as average in the long run on real world driving condition. Fuel cost considered is from Bangalore as of today.

Having said that, be mindful of the following.
  • The big diesel hum of the 2.8 Diesel. Ask him to try it out for himself if he is someone who loves a silent cabin. I'm quite ok with this. But, I know of people who are not so ok about it as well.
  • NGT and the Diesel ban threat hanging over India's big cities.

Last edited by amalji : 23rd November 2017 at 19:20.
amalji is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 19:07   #1049
BHPian

Why not Hexa?

Hexa is great vehicle, as of now there is no known mechanical issues. The AT is one of the best, the comfort level and ride quality is at par with luxury vehicles.

I own Hexa XT and have driven around 9K KM in all conditions. The vehicle is awesome and touchwood no rattles till now.

Above all, TATA service is improving and they are going extra mile to satisfy Hexa customers.

I would suggest to have a look at Hexa with open mind.

-PK
pk_del is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 19:37   #1050
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
My pick would be Diesel AT ..
  • The big diesel hum of the 2.8 Diesel.
  • NGT and the Diesel ban threat hanging over India's big cities.
Thanks, @Amalji.

NGT ban is (hopefully) on new vehicle sales, and not on vehicles already sold. If they buy it now, they should keep the vehicle long enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
Why not Hexa?-PK
It hasnt slipped past me, but each person's preferences to his own.

Btw, we are on our 4th Tata, continuously since 2000. Except for a months' gap in 2013.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks