Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2017, 09:23   #976
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post
Will you go for under body coating?
. Your description is too humorous my friend.

It highlights the current state of many dealerships. So called *Service Advisors* are more interested in padding the bill with unnecessary extras rather than address genuine concerns. This is symptomatic across many brands.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 09:43   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Sometimes, the vehicle is not starting when I press the clutch and start the vehicle.
SA:- ok sir I have noted your complaints. Do you want to go for under body treatment?
The same exact experience i had with my verna's third service a few days back. They bugged me for that under body treatment so many times that i had to warn them to not cross the line.

But aren't Toyotas not supposed to have these clutch issues or niggles?? I find it surprising. Is it a common issue?
Old 16th September 2017, 10:28   #978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
The same exact experience i had with my verna's third service a few days back. They bugged me for that under body treatment so many times that i had to warn them to not cross the line.

But aren't Toyotas not supposed to have these clutch issues or niggles?? I find it surprising. Is it a common issue?
AFAIK, these are not clutch 'issues' but user error. The clutch has to be _COMPLETELY_ pressed before you can start the car. No play at all. While driving, it is a bit more forgiving.
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 11:38   #979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrippledLucifer View Post
Looking through that thread however, I noticed that you've used a 38mm festoon for the rear/center lights where as in the quote above you've mentioned a 30mm festoon. Which of the two will work?

Have you also installed LEDs for use as the license plate lights? Are they the same T10 bulbs also?

Is there any specific set of instructions to follow in order to replace the interior bulbs?
Yes i have changed the registration plate lights too, it is also T10. I forgot to mention this.

Use an old plastic credit card or a thin flat head screw driver wrapped in a layer of insulation tape to pry off the lens from the interior lights. This is how its done in GX.

Regarding the festoon bulb size I am now confused whether it is 30mm or 38mm. Let me see if i can find a picture of it in my HDD.
Old 16th September 2017, 12:36   #980
Team-BHP Support

Need suggestions, although it's related to Petrol Crysta, I believe there are more active members here, I am not comfortable from the exhausts sound penetrating in the cabin. This issue used to be in the previous generation as well. Is there any way to cover silencer with something? During my discussions with dealership previously, the exhaust of Petrol is wider and exhausts are thrown with more pressure unlike diesel and given the thin sheet of the cabin and overall built, it's no brainer that sound is coming inside. Can another option be to use some sound dampener like STC inside the cabin? Will it be ok to pull apart the carpet and other things in the new car anyone who has done something similar perhaps for different reasons ( Audio etc)
Old 16th September 2017, 20:25   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
I have gotten my Fortuner's horn replaced under warranty, since it was having only a single tone. It sounded meek. So push for warranty replacement.
Thanks for the suggestion dean5545. I am still not sure whether it is a real problem or just my illusion due to the NVH levels, which are much lower in Innova Crysta than my previous vehicle Mahindra Scorpio. Once I get the clarity, I may push for warranty replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
. Your description is too humorous my friend.

It highlights the current state of many dealerships. So called *Service Advisors* are more interested in padding the bill with unnecessary extras rather than address genuine concerns. This is symptomatic across many brands.
Quote:
Actually the SA was very unhappy with my decision of not going for under body treatment. But going out of the service workshop with a zero bill in hand gives a lot of kick you know

Quote:
It is not a niggle or issue. It is a feature of Innova Crysta Manual Transmission. To start the vehicle, we need to depress the clutch fully (Even when the vehicle is in neutral gear). In my case, the floor mat some times, was interfering and preventing the clutch to be fully depressed. I have adjusted the mat and the problem was solved.
The vehicle is running extremely fine without any issues or niggles. I am very happy with its performance.
Old 17th September 2017, 11:54   #982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my case, the floor mat some times, was interfering and preventing the clutch to be fully depressed. I have adjusted the mat and the problem was solved.
Doesn't the Crysta have a buckle for preventing the floor mat movement ?
I guess, all Toyotas are equipped with this lock post the famous floor mat recall.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 10:37   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Doesn't the Crysta have a buckle for preventing the floor mat movement ?
I guess, all Toyotas are equipped with this lock post the famous floor mat recall.
Yes you are right. The vehicle has the provision for fixing the mat securely in place. To do this, we need to insert the retaining hooks (clips) into the floor mat eyelets. But the problem is, my mats are aftermarket, and do not have the provision. I need to make two holes carefully, in to the mat, to fix it securely in place. Will do it soon.
Old 26th September 2017, 16:22   #984
Senior - BHPian

I have a 2.4GX variant and have a query to fellow 2.4 users. Everytime I depress the clutch, there is faint "knack" sound that I hear. With music on, its a little hard to hear but otherwise it can be heard. I got this checked with Toyota during first free service,I was told this is same in other Innova as well.I am still not very convinced. Anyone hear with similar observation?
Old 27th September 2017, 00:02   #985
BHPian

Does anyone happen to know when the updated Crysta's are meant to hit the dealerships? The reason I'm asking is because I'm very interested in retrofitting the LED fog lights into our vehicle. I just hope it's a simple plug and play solution for existing owners.
Old 27th September 2017, 07:32   #986
BHPian

Updated Toyota Innova Touring Sport Edition Launched With A 6-Speed Manual Transmission

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/updated-t...ission-1755483
Old 3rd October 2017, 20:27   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I have a 2.4GX variant and have a query to fellow 2.4 users. Everytime I depress the clutch, there is faint "knack" sound that I hear. With music on, its a little hard to hear but otherwise it can be heard. I got this checked with Toyota during first free service,I was told this is same in other Innova as well.I am still not very convinced. Anyone hear with similar observation?
I don't hear any sound in my Crysta GX when I depress the clutch. I have double checked it without any music on, after reading your post. There is no sound. It would be better to ask the service guys to show you the same sound in other Innova. Some service guys have a tendency to take easy way ('Somehow Manage') to deal with customers.

Second Service Report:
Today took the car to the dealership for second free service. Odometer reading 4250Km. Second service has to be done at 5000KM or at 6 Moths (whichever is earlier), but I went for second service at 4250 KM only, as we have planned a long trip to Kerala which may cover around 2500KM in a week.
Problems reported in Second Service - Nothing. I have no problems with the car. Just gave it for service.
Bill Amount - Zero Bill.
Opted to wait and take the car. To my surprise, the service is completed in one hour, and the car has been cleaned neatly and delivered to me. Happy with Toyota service .
Old 5th October 2017, 22:24   #988
Senior - BHPian

30K Service Done

I had to take the Crysta in yesterday to check the front brakes as it was not biting well. Turned out the pads were almost consumed with around 2mm remaining and it was best to change it asap. Rotors were looking good.

When the pads were getting changed I asked them if they could do the 30K service also because the vehicle was already past 28000 kilometres and if they could it would save me another visit to the service center soon after. They agreed to it and 30000KM service also done yesterday.

I opted for the mineral oil this time which saved me around Rs.4k and if i need to i can get another mineral oil change at 35000km checkup and still save some money over synthetic. Oil filter and air filter was also replaced. I am satisfied with the service and overall experience at Toyota Enchakkal The air-conditioning at the customer waiting area needs to be cooler.

Total bill amount for Oil+Oilfilter+Airfilter+Brake pads came to Rs.13552
Parts
1) Some Gasket - Rs.52
2) Oil filter - Rs.413
3) Oil 5W30 7.5L - Rs.2317
4) Grease - Rs.30
5) Brake pads - Rs.5543
6) Anti squeal shim kit - Rs.892
7) Air filter - Rs.1665
8) Windshield wash fluid - Rs.76*
Labour
9) 30000KM service inspection - Rs.2076
10) Pad-replacement - Rs.322
11) Others-Disc brake - Rs.161**

*Could have avoided.
**Had asked them for some extra love for the front brakes. Not charged otherwise.

On a related note I had the wheels upgraded to OEM 17" alloys and Primacy 3ST in 255/55/17 tyres.

Last edited by Sankar : 5th October 2017 at 22:26.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 14:32   #989
Senior - BHPian

Re: 30K Service Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post

On a related note I had the wheels upgraded to OEM 17" alloys and Primacy 3ST in 255/55/17 tyres.
255/55? the stock Crysta comes with either 205/215 .How do you find the ride quality after after the upgrade? Mudflaps in the test drive vehicle used to scrap road humps with 17 inchers. My crysta has stock 16 and flies through road hump without scrapping. I am planning to upgrade sometime but don't want the car to scrape road humps.
Old 6th October 2017, 14:56   #990
Senior - BHPian

Re: 30K Service Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
255/55? the stock Crysta comes with either 205/215 .How do you find the ride quality after after the upgrade?
Oops! I mean 225/55/17. I mistyped here but anyway had mentioned it correctly in the wheel thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post4280474

Though i have more sidewall than 215/55/17 provided in the Z by company I am still taking it carefully over bad roads. With the previous 215/65/16 I had nothing to worry on bad roads.

Last edited by Sankar : 6th October 2017 at 15:00.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks