Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2017, 11:05   #1021
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
If someone here gets the retrofit done please share details.
My friend who just bought a GX, has installed the stereo system (pioneer) at showroom itself. What he has been told is that the warranty for airbag will void if he install a steering audio control. Is that so? So he just has the stereo installed without having any steering control.

Taken at dark, sorry about the not so good clarity.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-stereo.jpg
Old 3rd November 2017, 00:07   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I recollect CrippledLucifer wanted to buy a Petrol, maybe he has mentioned 2,8 as an error here. Ok, my reference to the cabin being quiet are very different and none of my co-workers feels any sound from the car. I will agree with your observations on the sound being more sportier & not harsh like Diesel. Maybe whatever sound penetrates, it's due to relatively less sound damping inside and perhaps thinner metal sheet and the overall exhaust system.

You are correct, we did indeed purchase a 2.7ZX. I typed 2.8 by mistake and failed to fix my error. Sincere apologies!

Going back to your question, yes I have found the exhaust to be just audible enough but only when I go WOT. In daily everyday driving, I feel it's imperceptible irrespective of where you sit. There's only a few times you'll go WOT in this car anyway, so I feel it makes the whole issue moot.

I do wish Toyota would provide an engine cover for the petrol variant. I asked my sales associate if there were any plans for it but so far it doesn't appear to be the case. I may have to look into importing one from abroad but I'm not sure what the customs charges will be on it.

Now that the LED fog lights have been released on the Touring Sport, does anyone know if they can be retrofitted on to regular Crysta's?

Last edited by ampere : 5th November 2017 at 00:21. Reason: Formatting errors fixed
Old 5th November 2017, 17:30   #1023
BHPian

Visited local Toyota dealer to look at the new “updated” Innova Crysta & Touring Sport. Was interested in looking at the new upgrades, back to 17” alloy wheels and also the “automatic start-stop feature”, as per this article:
http://www.cartoq.com/toyota-launche...uner-in-india/

However, was told that there were no “new” Z variant Innova Crysta vehicles available in the showroom for display with above 2 updates. I was further told that Toyota has NOT been sending any new Touring Sport variants for the last 2 months to the dealership and that production may have possibly stopped?? I was also informed that some customers who had opted for and waiting for Touring Sport variant delivery, were requested to change their bookings preference to the regular Innova Crysta Z variant.

Why would Toyota spend all that advertisement budget for Touring Sport and then suddenly stop production? Wonder if the production is stopped because Toyota is getting ready for the 2018 model as per this article: https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/20...-innova-21366/

I was also informed that the regular Innova Crysta Z variant DOES NOT get the “automatic start-stop feature” and that it was ONLY available in Z variant of the Touring Sport – which is no more available. Is this true?

My guess is that Toyota has slowed down sending Innvova Crysta / Touring Sport (high variants) vehicles to dealers as they are upgrading to 2018 models with all these new add-on upgrades.
Old 6th November 2017, 17:46   #1024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
My guess is that Toyota has slowed down sending Innvova Crysta / Touring Sport (high variants) vehicles to dealers as they are upgrading to 2018 models with all these new add-on upgrades.
Toyota has production constraints and is unable to meet demands. There is a waiting period of 6-8 weeks for Innova and about 10 weeks for Fortuner.
https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...-2017/60321692

Toyota has already updated the features with GX getting rear armrest and seat height adjust, V getting navigation and Z getting LED fog lamps along with 17inchers.
Old 6th November 2017, 19:50   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Toyota has already updated the features with GX getting rear armrest and seat height adjust, V getting navigation and Z getting LED fog lamps along with 17inchers.
Thanks. The automatic start-stop is a feature that Toyota advertised as having for the Z variant of the Innova Crysta / Touring Sport; but dealership is unable to confirm as no display or demo vehicles available showcasing this feature. They just keep saying the Touring Sport has it, but Toyota has stopped manufacturing this variant. The dealer did not have any vehicles to display the LED fog lamps or the 17 inchers additions too. They just had 1 GX variant for display and last year's Z variant for test drive.

The SA at the dealership was friendly & helpful in answering questions, but potential customers visiting the showroom, have no chance to touch & feel the latest Toyota Innova Crysta currently being sold.
Old 11th November 2017, 12:34   #1026
BHPian

What variant is currently the best selling variant of the new Innova? Asking for a friend. He wants to get a new Innova and sell it away after a year since he will be moving to the US for good. Basically what's the variant with the best resale value? Thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide.
Old 12th November 2017, 13:09   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post
Noticed a weird behavior of the doors lock and unlock buttons in my crysta. When the driver door is in open position, if we press the lock button or unlock button, all doors get unlocked. What I mean to say is, when the driver door is in open position, even if we press the lock button, all doors get unlocked. So there is no difference in action between lock and unlock buttons when the driver door is in open position.
Update:
The above mentioned behaviour is only when key is in the ignition ring. When key is removed, all other doors get locked when we keep the driver door open and press the lock button. This may be a known behaviour for many, but it is new for me. In my previous vehicles (Wagon-R and Scorpio), locking driver door locks all other doors and vice versa (central locking).

Parking Sensor Switch:
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_4897.jpg
There is a parking sensor switch just beside the headlight leveling knob. Parking sensors work only when we keep this switch on. I cant understand the use of this switch. Moreover, if the switch gets off accidentally (when we unknowingly touch it with our knees or while adjusting the headlight), the parking sensors stop working, making us believe that there are no obstructions behind us, while reversing. May be this switch is useful only when the parking sensors malfunction and start to beep continuously.

Seat belt sensor:
The seat belt warning for the front passenger comes only when the passenger is present in the seat. This clearly means that there is a weight sensor sort of thing in the car seat. Now my doubt is, why cant the Airbag system take the signal from this sensor, and operate only when necessary? Why have they provided a switch to on or off the passenger airbag?

May be if we keep the passenger airbag on, even when the front passenger seat is empty, this front passenger airbag may serve as left side curtain airbag for the driver .
vsun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 15:53   #1028
BHPian

Friends,
Does innova crysta provides 2 usb ports?
My brother in-law owns a z automatic version and in the display it shows 2 usb ports but I'm unable to find the second port. Can anyone help me?
Old 12th November 2017, 16:02   #1029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
Friends,
My brother in-law owns a z automatic version and in the display it shows 2 usb ports but I'm unable to find the second port. Can anyone help me?
Quoting from page 1 of this review -
Quote:
Ignore the USB 1 & 2 options. There is only 1 USB port in the Innova. This menu too can be reordered:
amalji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 20:19   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
Friends,
There is only one port, the other is provided for usb hubs. In case you connect a hub to it to then only first 2 of the USBs would be displayed, the others won't show up.
With Regards,
Shreyas Kumar Agarwal.
Shreyas Agarwal is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 12:42   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabelean View Post
What variant is currently the best selling variant of the new Innova? Asking for a friend. He wants to get a new Innova and sell it away after a year since he will be moving to the US for good. Basically what's the variant with the best resale value? Thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide.
As per my interaction with dealer, Z and G are the highest selling variants with 60% in favor of manual. While resale is good for all variants of Innova, you should be able to sell GX faster given that it attracts a lot of cabbies.
Old 13th November 2017, 13:44   #1032
BHPian

My Sport after ceramic coating. Dust, bird drops dont stick any more. I use jopasu for cleaning.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20171113_133847.jpg  

Vulken Auto is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 13:57   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post
Seat belt sensor:
The seat belt warning for the front passenger comes only when the passenger is present in the seat. This clearly means that there is a weight sensor sort of thing in the car seat. Now my doubt is, why cant the Airbag system take the signal from this sensor, and operate only when necessary? Why have they provided a switch to on or off the passenger airbag?
I think the sensor is kept at the end of the lumbar support. Try not kneeling back and the sensor buzzing would stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
My Sport after ceramic coating. Dust, bird drops dont stick any more. I use jopasu for cleaning.
Nice. Whats the total cost and how easy it is to maintain the car now? I was quoted 40k by Ultimate Detailerz near my home. Maintaining the car has become a pain now as the dust accumulates so fast. I am planning to get a car cover just for this.
samabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 14:49   #1034
BHPian

Ceramic costs 55k here for a silver package from ceramic pro. Protection for a year but will last 3-4 years with top ups. Didnt wash it till now, have to get a compulsory first wash from them. Its quite dusty in hyderabad and coating holds good. Dont expect miracles with ceramics, its just a 2-3 micron coat which separates car from pollutants, they just dont stick like before.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20171113_133803.jpg  

Vulken Auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 14:59   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
Looks nice. Can you share info regarding:
The place where you got it done,
Who many days back you have done it,
Are you fully satisfied,
Does this coating will also protect from minor scratches?
Sorry for a plethora of questions . It will help a lot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks