Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2022, 18:01   #3406

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
1. Low beams - Stock LED with projector
2. High beams - Osram HB3 LED replaced the stock halogens
3. Fog lights - Projectors with H11 HID bulbs which support both high and low beam
Sir

Thanks for sharing the details.

May I know the model year of Crysta? Also, please let me know where you did. Prefer someone who could do it at Chennai. Will this lead to any car insurance policy related issues?

Thank you.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 26th December 2022 at 18:20. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Old 27th December 2022, 10:22   #3407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
From 2021 onwards I had removed the loud horns from my crysta and installed the stock horns back. This started out as a trial to see if stock horns are heard in traffic and on open highways and realised that I didn't need loud horns in most situations.
Seems some situations does need the extra heft of the large horns to be heard. So have mounted them back on the vehicle. So with the now removed Denso my total horns (in storage) collection has gone up to 15nos
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 11:44   #3408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muruan View Post
Sir

Thanks for sharing the details.

May I know the model year of Crysta? Also, please let me know where you did. Prefer someone who could do it at Chennai. Will this lead to any car insurance policy related issues?

Thank you.
I have a 2020 Crysta. I changed both the high beam and fog lights myself. High beams are easy to swap but fog lights need some experience in removing the bumper and grill. Not sure of insurance policy issues or rather don't want to mislead you on that topic.
Old 27th December 2022, 16:25   #3409

Quote:
I have a 2020 Crysta. I changed both the high beam and fog lights myself. High beams are easy to swap but fog lights need some experience in removing the bumper and grill. Not sure of insurance policy issues or rather don't want to mislead you on that topic.
Thank you, Sir.

Please suggest a good/professional workshop in Chennai, who are experts in fitting car lights. And, in Bangalore.

I use to be choosy when selecting workshop other than dealers. Even if it it means I need to pay more, I prefer reliable/quality ones.

Thank you!
Old 28th December 2022, 12:56   #3410
BHPian

Quote:
Lighting setup of my Crysta that I am absolutely loving during night drives these days. The setup consists of a total of six bulbs which turn on at max capacity and will be the best lighting setup I have experienced in a car without harming oncoming traffic(low beam). I use the high beam only when I need the oncoming vehicle to dip their beam and that has 100% success rate

3. Fog lights - Projectors with H11 HID bulbs which support both high and low beam
Here is the output -

Low beam
Attachment 2393164

Low beam + high beam
Attachment 2393169

Dual low beam with fog
Attachment 2393167

Dual high beam with all six bulbs lighting up
Attachment 2393166

If you notice the low beam of both pairs of lights are focused to stay low and offer a superb spread and won't harm even low height cars like the Alto ahead. High beam is a different story altogether and I am very considerate where it is used.
All your pics are taken in a narrow ally over short distance, can you upload more pics taken on a dark highway? It will be more relevant as that's where the real usage of good lighting is made.

I too got a HID fog lamp installed few months back and frankly I was not impressed with the foglamps' low beam throw. It's partly because of the stock HIDs of my car which were doing a good job already ( I realised that later). Hence want to compare the output with your setup.

Last edited by Strider24 : 28th December 2022 at 13:05.
Strider24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 17:39   #3411
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider24 View Post
All your pics are taken in a narrow ally over short distance, can you upload more pics taken on a dark highway? It will be more relevant as that's where the real usage of good lighting is made.
I have attached a dashcam video, if that serves as a better reference. In my case the stock low beam was hardly effective except in pitch dark conditions. In this video you can observe both the spread of the dual low beam and the range of the highs. I will take some pictures on an open road sometime later.

audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 22:01   #3412
Senior - BHPian

Here's a clip of my GX's headlights on H11 low and HB3 high both LEDs. In the video the I put high beam as I overtake the compass which was on its highbeam+fogs (as captured on rear cam). I've been on these lights since 2 years. Fog light was off in this clip, its stock koito with a pair of 4000K slightly yellowish H11 LEDs.

Currently there are no extra aux lights on the vehicle.

Last edited by Sankar : 28th December 2022 at 22:04.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 11:35   #3413
d.j
BHPian

Hi guys, a quick question, is the Crysta discontinued against the Hycross, any insights would be helpful, also possibilities of Diesel automatic? and calling on automatic petrol owners, pls can you share, their milage experience in Mumbai suburban drive. Thank you!

Regards/DJ
Old 31st December 2022, 00:20   #3414
BHPian

A 53,000KM update on the work horse, fatter Michelin Primacy 4 was installed when we touched 42,000KM. This has improved ride comfort immensely and braking distance has also reduced considerably (thanks to EBC Ultimax too, which gave a life of 20,000+ kilometers. Second set installed now). Facelifted bumper and grilles were installed from dealer itself; i had a minor mishap when the stock worn out Bridgestone's gave away under braking! Thankfully the Alto survived and left my wallet a gaping hole! Bilstein's are holding up good, even though I got them used. Did a 2,300 KM run in two days, 12.5 KM/L average and peaceful drive.

Touchwood let it be like that, a Czech garage mate joined late August that too a manual. More on that in Skoda thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20220109_121726.jpg  

Last edited by RevJ : 31st December 2022 at 00:24. Reason: forgot few details, grammar correction.
RevJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 01:24   #3415

Dear All,

Can some one suggest a professional shop in CHENNAI where I can upgrade my Crysta 2022 AT's long beam and fog lights? I am fine with BANGALORE too if it means quality/reliable one.

Thanks!
Old 1st January 2023, 11:29   #3416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muruan View Post
Dear All,

Can some one suggest a professional shop in CHENNAI where I can upgrade my Crysta 2022 AT's long beam and fog lights? I am fine with BANGALORE too if it means quality/reliable one.

Thanks!
You can checkout Speedfreaks @Ambattur estate, Chennai. While they primarily deal with high end audio upgrades they also do headlight upgrades. Their workmanship is very professional and they use high quality products.
subrasri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 13:59   #3417
BHPian

Quote:
Lighting setup of my Crysta that I am absolutely loving during night drives these days. The setup consists of a total of six bulbs which turn on at max capacity and will be the best lighting setup I have experienced in a car without harming oncoming traffic(low beam). I use the high beam only when I need the oncoming vehicle to dip their beam and that has 100% success rate

If you notice the low beam of both pairs of lights are focused to stay low and offer a superb spread and won't harm even low height cars like the Alto ahead. High beam is a different story altogether and I am very considerate where it is used.
Where did you get these done?
How much did they cost?
Old 3rd January 2023, 00:06   #3418

Dear BHP-ians,

I am planning to upgrade my Crysta’s headlights. Want to know the following:

- Is my understanding correct that projector headlight set-up is meant for only low beams and NOT for high beam?

- Is Aozoom head light brand is good? When Googled, I could not find a single site suggesting that. However, local guy is recommending that.

- local guy is recommending projector HID for fog lamp. I prefer Projector LED and is it better than the LED counterpart? I am concerned about the heating part of HID bulbs.

Please let me know your suggestions.

Thank you!
Old 3rd January 2023, 13:19   #3419
Senior - BHPian

Had the opportunity to drive my brother in laws Crysta for about a week during a visit to Chandigarh. This is the first time I’ve been behind the wheel of this MPV for an extended period.

Sitting in the drivers seat, my first thought was, this is going to be difficult. Not used to a vehicle of this size and height (I drive a sedan). Once we got moving, I realised that its a walk in the park. This was a 2.4l diesel Automatic and well tuned too. I noticed that in Eco Mode, the vehicle tends to coast as soon as you get off the gas pedal. I took it out of Eco Mode (I assume this goes to Normal mode) and things improved. The torque converter held the revs up a little higher. For an 8 seat diesel ladder frame MPV, this has the be the most effortless, dependable and refined drive you can find on the market. The initial tendency was to slow down for potholes (few in Chandigarh). After a point, I started driving through them without slowing down. You feel a little bump and that’s it. The vehicle stays planted. Engine response was another surprise. I was revving the engine a bit much early on (Pushing close to 3000 revs). By the end of the day, I realised that swift progress can be made <2000 rpm. Ride the diesel torque wave and use the AT gearbox with well defined shift points. You hit 60 Kmph before you know it, even with 7 passengers on board!

The diesel engine makes it presence felt, at least audibly. At <10 degree morning temperatures in Chandigarh, cold engine clatter is loud and you know there is a large diesel lump no matter what the revs are, even after it’s warmed up. The plus side is that you don’t feel that clatter in the car. Drivetrain refinement is superb, even from the drivers seat.

The variant I was driving was a few steps down the range. It had an Android Auto capable touchscreen. No automatic climate control or auto defogger. Fabric seats, which looked like they will wear well over time. Interior material quality is nothing to write home about. Basic, durable plastics all over. Nothing creaked or rattled but then again, it’s only a few years old and has only 25,000km on the odometer. What I did notice was the plastic door panel flex a little when operating the power window for the front passenger side. Either a design flaw or something else.

Nothing to highlight on the steering and braking front. Steering maybe a little heavy for those used to EPS units. Braking is sharp though biased to the front.

I did go through one DPF cycle. Triggered when there were 4 bars and was cleared in about 10 to 15 minutes.

Most of us drivers used to far more refined nature of monocoque construction vehicles may not appreciate a vehicle like this. Heck, you feel body roll while taking a turn at 40kmph. That isn’t the point of an Innova though. This thing feels almost indestructible. 5 people can go in absolute comfort. The 2 or 3 at the last row is a squeeze no doubt, however, with only 5 on board, you can dump several massive suitcases in the boot (After folding the rear seats). If you are a large family or you use a vehicle for mixed purposes (Home and work), which my brother in law does, it offers a nice mix of practicality and comfort. I see why people love this MPV.

I did manage to spot a few temporary registered Innova’s (Petrol and diesel). Assume production has resumed post the launch of the new Innova.
sandeepmohan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 17:39   #3420
Senior - BHPian

Here is a quick review after owning a 2022 October Delivered GX Diesel Auto in Silver. Its done 6000 km till now with a road trip to Kerala from Mumbai right after 12 days of its delivery.

Let me just list it from the driving and comfort perspective

1) The pickup is just amazing. Keep the foot planted on an empty stretch and you will be seeing numbers which make you feel can a van do such things and still feel like the handling is like a Swift? This was just to check, have been driving her at 100-120 99.99% of the times.

2) In power mode, the accelerator pedal is very sensitive and just a tap and a downshift happens. I don't enjoy this mode as its not my thing to keep revving a diesel engine. I rather drive her in Economy or Normal mode even when I want to gun the car as I am more of a ride the torque wave kind of a person.

3) When the car is empty, its a little bouncy. When I drove down from a friends farm house ahead of Pune to Mumbai alone, it was tad bouncy even though the pressure was set at 33-33.

4) Car is very sensitive to traffic and speed when it comes to mileage. On the Kerala trip I have got 15.5 too maintaining 100-120 while on some Mumbai Lonavala trips, I have got 13.5 to 14 too. In City, its between 12 and 13.

5) My parents love the car to bits, infact they are so proud of us for getting it, they keep admiring it from our house window every few hours. I have told them so many times when we go for a drive, did we really manage to get ourselves this Crysta?

Overall, I am loving every bit of the car and it does not feel anything different for me when it comes to handling this or my Swift. Both feel rock solid at highway speeds.
humyum is offline   (24) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks