Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2023, 10:10   #3436
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Hope the upgrade is worth it. I see that the bulb is slightly tilted at an angle compared to the reflector so try rotating it in case the current output isn't satisfactory and you can't see a bright Hotspot at the center when facing a wall.
Yes it was worth the upgrade.

I’ll tilt it more and see. But for now I’m getting a decent spot on a wall.

Thanks for the observation
GP19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 11:50   #3437
BHPian

I am looking to upgrade the low beam LEDs for 2018 Innova Crysta. I find it is throw and power quite less. Please suggest options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirleo View Post
Sorry to posting it again, can you tell me where did you get this done and how much did it cost you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP19 View Post
Yes it was worth the upgrade.

I’ll tilt it more and see. But for now I’m getting a decent spot on a wall.

Thanks for the observation
Old 17th January 2023, 11:55   #3438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by litesaber View Post
I am looking to upgrade the low beam LEDs for 2018 Innova Crysta. I find it is throw and power quite less. Please suggest options.
The low beam LEDs cant be changed unfortunately. They are sealed LED projectors and only possibility is to open up the headlight assembly and replace the projector itself, which is not an easy job considering the tools and expertise required for the same.

Last edited by audioholic : 17th January 2023 at 12:01.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 14:00   #3439
BHPian

In Crysta, can we wet clean the AC filter material by splashing water? When rubbing the fingers, i could see black carbon deposits. Hence the question.
Old 17th January 2023, 14:19   #3440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innysta View Post
In Crysta, can we wet clean the AC filter material by splashing water? When rubbing the fingers, i could see black carbon deposits. Hence the question.
No please replace the AC filter if its so dirty. Since its a paper based filter, washing by water isnt going to work and it will either ruin the filter or reduce its performance.
Old 17th January 2023, 17:02   #3441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can’t replace the low beam projector as already mentioned by BHPian audioholic.

But what you can do to increase the throw is increase the height of the beam with the help of the screws provided for doing the same.

Although please ensure you do this with another Crysta beside yours with the same low beam setup because if the height of the beam is increased by a big margin, it will start hitting the on-coming traffic.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 17th January 2023 at 17:06.
Old 17th January 2023, 18:16   #3442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Can’t replace the low beam projector as already mentioned by BHPian audioholic.

But what you can do to increase the throw is increase the height of the beam with the help of the screws provided for doing the same.

Although please ensure you do this with another Crysta beside yours with the same low beam setup because if the height of the beam is increased by a big margin, it will start hitting the on-coming traffic.
Hello sir,
I don’t think the height of the beam can be adjusted manually, at least on the Crysta which are having the projector setup.
They come with auto levelling headlights which adjust the beam automatically according to the speed of the vehicle.
This is as per my understanding of the same. Please correct me if this is wrong.

Thank you.
Old 17th January 2023, 19:30   #3443
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO28 View Post
Hello sir,
I don’t think the height of the beam can be adjusted manually, at least on the Crysta which are having the projector setup.
You are right about the automatic levelling. The headlights are levelled automatically based on the dip in the rear suspension so that weight at the rear of the vehicle wont cause the headlight to tilt upward and cause glare. However, there is manual adjustment possible at each headlight to sort of calibrate the position and it can be adjusted like any other headlight. I have done that and raised the low beam by a bit so that the beam cutoff line isnt too close to the car which happens in the OE configuration. I prefer the beam cutoff to fall a the edge of the horizon of the road which makes it almost flat but with a slight dip. Without this I felt the Low beam is too low which makes high beam mandatory as speeds increase.

Some latest pics of my car lights as requested by a member earlier. All pictures taken with exposure lock so there are no adjustments between pictures and you can see the interior clock brightness for reference:

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-spot1.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-spot2.jpg

Old 17th January 2023, 20:32   #3444
BHPian

Quote:
You are right about the automatic levelling. The headlights are levelled automatically based on the dip in the rear suspension so that weight at the rear of the vehicle wont cause the headlight to tilt upward and cause glare. However, there is manual adjustment possible at each headlight to sort of calibrate the position and it can be adjusted like any other headlight. I have done that and raised the low beam by a bit so that the beam cutoff line isnt too close to the car which happens in the OE configuration. I prefer the beam cutoff to fall a the edge of the horizon of the road which makes it almost flat but with a slight dip. Without this I felt the Low beam is too low which makes high beam mandatory as speeds increase.
Thank you for the information.
If possible, would you be able to post on how to adjust the headlights manually. It would be of great help. I actually did once ask the person in the service centre to adjust the height of the beam and he was like it comes with auto levelling headlights and also did search on YouTube about the adjustment, but was unable to find any.
So, it would be of great help if you could post about how to do it.

Thank you in advance.
Old 18th January 2023, 13:41   #3445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muruan View Post
Sir,

Visited Speedfreaks - local workshop, for fog light upgrade for my 2022 Crysta AT. After looking at the fog light, they said it looks smaller - less than the normal 3 inch. I returned with out pursuing it further as they seemed to be not confident. I was told that they are yet to do upgrade for new Crysta’s and have done it for older ones.

Is it difficult complex to upgrade fog light?

Pls. suggest a good workshop In Chennai or Bangalore, if you know.

Thanks!
Its the Standard 3" that Toyota uses globally. I have a 21 Model and got 4Runner fogs fitted that i got from the US
dexter78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 17:22   #3446
BHPian

Quote:
No please replace the AC filter if its so dirty. Since its a paper based filter, washing by water isnt going to work and it will either ruin the filter or reduce its performance.
Do you recommend any brand? Can you share the link to buy from?
Old 18th January 2023, 20:05   #3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter78 View Post
Its the Standard 3" that Toyota uses globally. I have a 21 Model and got 4Runner fogs fitted that i got from the US
Where did you fix that? Shop name?

Thank you!
Old 20th January 2023, 23:39   #3448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muruan View Post
Where did you fix that? Shop name?

Thank you!
I called the accessory guy at Toyota who did the work initially to come home and do it. Paid him 500 bucks for that.
dexter78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 18:34   #3449
BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta diesel returns with minor facelift; bookings open!

• Innova Crysta will now be diesel only
  • Gets four trims, two seating layouts
  • No automatic gearbox on offer

Really?! No automatic?

Source
Old 31st January 2023, 15:24   #3450
BHPian

Quote:
I replaced all four Bridgestone B390 tyres with Vredestein Ultratrac.
Sorry, this is neither the right thread nor the same car. But I can barely find anything online regarding Vredestein.

I'm planning to replace my Apollo alnacs 4G on my Hyundai i20 active to Vredestein Ultrac, same as stock size. Can you throw some light on their performance, grip, any issues you might have faced, highway noise?

Anything else which you think is worth mentioning regarding Vredesteins.

I'm confused between this, Continental UC6 and Yoko bluEarth.

Thanks -NA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks