Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2023, 22:53   #3586
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO28 View Post
But I could definitely feel the jerks happening like that. The jerks did not happen when I let go of the brakes completely. I don’t know what is wrong, since I haven’t had this problem until now and this started just today. .
Have experienced it a few times when regen is triggered in bumper to bumper traffic. Basically during regen idle speed is increased and when in D and partially pressing the brakes, there is some urge to move ahead but either the transmission or the brake jerks for a second while starting off. Not sure why this happens or what component causes it but I haven't bothered about it since it's something to do with regen times only. But at least it's not only your car that has this issue.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 09:03   #3587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Have experienced it a few times when regen is triggered in bumper to bumper traffic. Basically during regen idle speed is increased and when in D and partially pressing the brakes, there is some urge to move ahead but either the transmission or the brake jerks for a second while starting off. Not sure why this happens or what component causes it but I haven't bothered about it since it's something to do with regen times only. But at least it's not only your car that has this issue.
Thank you for the reply.

Actually the jerks kept occurring constantly while the brake was released a little just to crawl forward, it was also occurring when the car was crawling and moving forward and it went away only when I released the brakes completely.

It was exactly like when releasing the clutch in a manual car. Only less intense.

Will observe if it happens again, in case it does will have to take it back to the ASC and get it checked. Hope they wouldn’t have screwed up something during the service.

Thank you.
Old 28th July 2023, 09:41   #3588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO28 View Post
Thank you for the reply.

Actually the jerks kept occurring constantly while the brake was released a little just to crawl forward, it was also occurring when the car was crawling and moving forward and it went away only when I released the brakes completely.

It was exactly like when releasing the clutch in a manual car. Only less intense.

Will observe if it happens again, in case it does will have to take it back to the ASC and get it checked. Hope they wouldn’t have screwed up something during the service.

Thank you.
Hi, I guess I can throw some light here, although not sure about the technicalities. I have a MY22 Diesel Fortuner and it's always used within the city limits. If you must've observed that during DPF Regens the idle rpm jumps to around 1200 and stays there till basically the bars come below level 1. Whereas the normal idle rpm in Fortuner/Crysta is 700 or 850-900 if there's any load such as the AC being on. Now in Toyota machines, the DPF Regens trigger automatically when the engine is sufficiently hot enough disregarding the vehicle avg. speed, load on the engine or any other factors, but ofcourse there must be sufficient soot accumulation for it to trigger.

Now when driving in b2b traffic or at very slow speeds in the city, the Regen might get triggered automatically and we can do nothing about it. Whenever it's happening and let's say you're stuck in a b2b traffic and come to a complete halt, as soon as you shift to N, you'll see the rpms rise to 1200 within a fraction of a second with a slight jerk and as soon as you shift back to D or 1st gear, the rpms would again drop back to 700/850 accompanied again with a slight jerk.
This jerk is actually felt due to the clutch being engaged or disengaged and the sudden spikes or drops in the engine rpm as the torque is extremely high for the brakes to handle alone. When the gear change is actually happening(D to N or N to D), the clutch is partially or fully engaged at that moment and some amount of the engine torque is being transferred to the wheels. The system is clever enough to drop the rpms back to normal when shifted back to D as 1200 rpm in b2b traffic, starting from stationary would be catastrophic as the car would violently jolt forward due to the huge torque rush. 700/850 rpm is the correct amount of torque to start crawling when we let go off the brakes, in every scenario and then we can dab the gas pedal for the extra power that we need. Hence, due to the sudden changes in the rpm accompanied with the shift change and quite some torque still being transferred to the wheels at that moment, we feel this slight jerk happening always.

I frankly believe that Toyotas have a very well defined and clever DPF Regen system and it works wonderfully well till something goes wrong..i.e., "DPF FULL! MANUAL REGEN UNAVAILABLE! VISIT DEALER!!".

Last edited by sampadroy : 28th July 2023 at 09:50.
sampadroy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 15:50   #3589

Good afternoon, BHP'ians!

I am going to upgrade my Crysta (2022 Diesel AT)’s head and fog lights. Got the advise from the shop and following are the details:

For head light(high beam), It is going to be H8 MOCO 192W - LED, 23000 Luminens. Will this be too bright and not advisable? If so, do I need to go for 156W, 18000 Luminens?

For fog lights, it is going to be Aozoom Projector HID 45 W 5500 Kelvin. Is this fine/enough or do I need to go for LED projector?

For HIDs, we need ballast and LED does not require that - If I am not wrong. Thus, what I see is, LED is straight forward and less complicated. Less wiring!

One of my concerns is : whether this upgrade will lead to higher utilisation of battery.

Kindly, advise on the above.

Thank you!
Old 8th August 2023, 17:32   #3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by muruan View Post
Good afternoon, BHP'ians!

I am going to upgrade my Crysta (2022 Diesel AT)’s head and fog lights. Got the advise from the shop and following are the details:

For head light(high beam), It is going to be H8 MOCO 192W - LED, 23000 Luminens. Will this be too bright and not advisable? If so, do I need to go for 156W, 18000 Luminens?

For fog lights, it is going to be Aozoom Projector HID 45 W 5500 Kelvin. Is this fine/enough or do I need to go for LED projector?

For HIDs, we need ballast and LED does not require that - If I am not wrong. Thus, what I see is, LED is straight forward and less complicated. Less wiring!

One of my concerns is : whether this upgrade will lead to higher utilisation of battery.

Kindly, advise on the above.

Thank you!
Another thing I want to know is,

When I switch on the head light knob, both low beams should be on. Similarly, when I turn the knob to the high beam, both high beams should be active and not sure if any calibration has to be done by the mechanic to make sure that the light throw is proper and does not lead to inconvenience other.

How can I ensure and validate this? Is this possible?

Thank you!
Old 15th August 2023, 19:42   #3591

Friends,

Generally, when upgrading car head lights, which one is leading to over heating (and hence causing fire) of elements? Higher watts?

What is the allowed (socket) rating for head light fixture in Crysta for both - high beam as well as low beam?

Thank you!
Old 20th August 2023, 19:27   #3592
BHPian

Hello to all BHP-ians this is my first post on the forum
Its been 6-7 months since the 2023 facelift of the Innova Crysta but I see no threads or posts reviewing it
If someone has the 2023 facelift, I would request you post it here or in a separate thread.
Old 21st August 2023, 20:33   #3593

Can I replace high beam stock head-light of Crysta ZX AT(2022) with 75W LED(from Aozoom)? Will it nullify warranty?

Thank you!
Old 21st August 2023, 21:00   #3594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav07 View Post
Hello to all BHP-ians this is my first post on the forum
Its been 6-7 months since the 2023 facelift of the Innova Crysta but I see no threads or posts reviewing it
If someone has the 2023 facelift, I would request you post it here or in a separate thread.
Its just a minor revision and Toyota have removed AT variants. I believe there is no mechanical changes or may be just the tweaks for BS6.2 ?
Old 21st August 2023, 21:09   #3595
BHPian

Yes you are right but a review would be nice
Also I enjoyed reading your reviews sir on all your cars

Last edited by Raghav07 : 21st August 2023 at 21:12.
Raghav07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 14:56   #3596
BHPian

Hello Members,

Reaching out for some advice.

I cancelled my introductory price Scorpio D AT Z6 booking whose delivery date was May 2024. I am driving the baleno zeta 1.2 bought in 2017 May and run 53 K KM till date. The itch for an updgrade has been getting bigger day by day. However, the Scorpio N D AT Z6 is coming close to 25 lakhs OTR which I see is over priced for me. I want to go the pre-owned route which will give me more value in less.

Innova Crysta is my dream car for the sheer comfort it offers. I am from Hyderabad where the pre-owned cars are atrociously priced.

I am exploring the Gurgaon NCR/Delhi market for a used 2.8 AT and need some advice. Have come across few 75 K to 85 K run 2016-2017 models (2.8 AT) with dealers including spinny which is shocking for me. Point of contention is are these genuine meter readings

Here is where I need advice :

1. If I were to check the shortlisted cars can I get them evaluated in a Toyota service centre in Delhi. Also, any particular items apart from the service history that I need to check to ensure it is not a accident prone or flood damaged car ?

2. Will I get to apply the refund for the life tax paid in that respective state because it will surely give me some financial relief ?

3. Will I get a loan if I am buying the car from another sate ?

The prices are mouth watering compared to what I see here in Hyderabad hence measuring my pros and cons. I don't know anybody in Delhi so it will an un-known territory for me.

Please suggest !
Old 10th September 2023, 02:41   #3597
BHPian

VX and ZX price hiked by 35,000 and 37,000 respectively.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-screenshot_20230910_023914_brave.jpg  

Stolidus500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 21:46   #3598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
On a long road trip from Goa-Ooty-Wayanad-Goa , I drove back from Ooty to Wayanad. The following day in Wayanad after a day of site seeing , just after fueling up at a Reliance pump , just 20 kms ahead the car suddenly went into limp mode , no warnings , no "dpf full" message and the dpf display showed only 4 bars or so. Onle dpf glow light and engine glow light On on the display.

And it happened again! Today on my way from Goa to Mumbai, I stopped to refuel at the COCO hp bunk on the Pune expressway and I made it a point specifically to check the dpf display, again no message, only one bar showing. Just about time I reached Panvel all the 9 bars light up along with the car going in limp mode. Never have I ever been frustrated with a car that Toyota has made me go through! The car is now at a Toyota dealer cause today was a holiday on account of Ganesh Chaturthi.

The drive was enthusiastic with high revs and long 80+ speeds so I don't understand the collection of soot. Experts please help how can I escalate and what needs to be changed/updated and to be checked for in my car.
Old 5th October 2023, 22:47   #3599
BHPian

One Year of Ownership of our 2022 Innova Crysta GX AT 7 STR

Hello to all!

Last month, our 2022 Crysta GX 2.4 AT completed 1 year of ownership. The car was delivered to us on the 19th of September, 2022.

Here is a photo from delivery day
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-innova.jpg

And here is a photo of the odometer after 1 year. The photo was taken on the 27th of September, but could not post due to personal reasons, sorry for the delay. The cars average mileage was around 14 kmpl during this one year.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-innovaodo.jpg

In the one year of ownership, here are some likes and dislikes about the car.

Powerful diesel engine - The 2.4l engine makes this car extremely refined and comfortable. Torque is available very low in the powerband and 360 NM is more than enough to haul essentials from my native to Chennai. On the highway, it just pulls and pulls and pulls!

Space - This car has plenty of space, and I mean it. 3rd row is fine even for medium sized adults but the 2nd row is where space is at max. Plenty of legroom and headroom and the 7 seater arrangement adds captains seats to add to the comfort.

The Infotainment System - I am extremely happy that Toyota didn't neglect the GX variant and fitted it with a excellent 8 inch touchscreen with Apple Carplay and Android Auto. It displays a lot of useful information and is adds a bit more style to the interior.

DISLIKES:

Headlights - Honestly, I expected better from Toyota. A 24 lakh car with basic halogens?!. Even sub 10 lakh cars have projectors. The throw is decent with stock bulbs, but I wish we had the option for the LED projector set up like in the VX and ZX variants.

Interior Quality - The interior of the GX is quite bland and basic. Like I mentioned before, the touchscreen is the one bright point of it. Toyota does offer a few accessories like the wood panel but its not enough. Manual AC controls also contribute to the blandness.

Other than that, the Crysta is a great car to live with! Highways is where it excels, but it is maneuverable in towns and cities as well. The steering, a bit heavy compared to its competitors, is still excellent. The automatic transmission, although we didn't want it (we booked a White Manual first), is very good at both high speeds and low speeds. The Eco and Power modes are very good, and there is a noticeable difference in both of them, but our Crysta is driven 90 percent of the time in Eco mode.

I am also working on a official ownership and review thread, so be sure to be on the lookout for it when it is ready.

Before I sign off, I have a few questions to all the Crysta owners reading this and I would highly encourage your response.

To Crysta owners in general:
How much km did you complete in your first year of ownership? During that first year, what was the average fuel economy and best achieved?

To the Diesel AT owners:
Have you ever achieved above 16 kmpl on a journey or trip? If yes, how did you achieve it, my grandfather really wants to know. What is the average fuel economy you get?

Well, that concludes my first detailed post regarding our Crysta! I will try to finish the ownership and review thread ASAP so I can post regular updates about it over there. I thank all the team-BHP users who indirectly helped my dad(he read reviews here as a guest in the quest for the car) get this beast.

Thank you and have a good day

Thank you

Last edited by Aditya : 13th October 2023 at 22:39. Reason: Formatting
Raghav07 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 23:17   #3600
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post

The drive was enthusiastic with high revs and long 80+ speeds so I don't understand the collection of soot. Experts please help how can I escalate and what needs to be changed/updated and to be checked for in my car.
It's nothing to do with how you drive. If there is something that's causing lot of black smoke(soot) to be emitted from the engine, that's going to get accumulated in the DPF and it clogs up pretty quick. If it's indeed clogged due to soot and not due to faulty sensor readings, then the injectors have to be checked if not for poor fuel quality.

Remember that the DPF can't clog on its own. It needs soot or some other contaminant to clog it up thus causing excess differential pressure which will throw the DPF full error and warning. So if you are facing complete clogging within a short amount of time, then there is something else upstream of the DPF that's causing the problem. If the injector is sending in excess diesel or the diesel is not burning correctly, then it will lead to excess soot and driving spiritedly will just worsen that issue, not improve it. Hence, the injectors and other components upstream must be checked not just the DPF itself.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks