Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2024, 09:28   #3691
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747fan View Post
From being rude(The person who was rude on call was their GM ) to fully co-operative.
I cannot say about your place, but at most places, Toyota dealership guys are very well-mannered. Relating to the tyres, they may want to give Bridgestone that comes with the car.

Quote:
the main point is that they told us that they will not be able to do wheel balancing and alignment on these tyres, while earlier they had told us that alignment and balancing will fix the issue.

Usually, a service advisor won't have a clue about the condition unless it's pretty visible. They must have been advised for some reason.

Quote:
When I asked one of my friends who an expert in the automobile industry, he said they can be performed regardless of the condition.

No, I will not agree. Some of the tyres can lose shape, especially when old (not in your case, though). So, there is no generalisation; finding it on a machine is best. Do you know if the dealership tried to check or refused during work progress? But if they wanted to upsell your new tyres, that's not correct, and I should have asked them for technical reasons.

Quote:
My dad has taken it to an outside alignment and balancing shop to get an opinion from them.
Vibrations are usually because of the imbalance. So, was your dad able to get these balanced or are there still some issues? Anything to do related with that accident damage?

I will still stick with the Toyota dealerships as I want to be sure about the parts. There is too much duplicity in the market- fakes.

You should pay attention to the jobs they mention on the Job card, and usually, if you tell them to stick with "mandatory work" only, it sets the tone.

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th January 2024 at 09:29.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 11:15   #3692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I cannot say about your place, but at most places, Toyota dealership guys are very well-mannered. Relating to the tyres, they may want to give Bridgestone that comes with the car.
Honestly even I was surprised with this, as our earlier experiences with the previous dealer, Rishi Toyota, were all really good.

Quote:
Usually, a service advisor won't have a clue about the condition unless it's pretty visible. They must have been advised for some reason.

No, I will not agree. Some of the tyres can lose shape, especially when old (not in your case, though). So, there is no generalisation; finding it on a machine is best. Do you know if the dealership tried to check or refused during work progress? But if they wanted to upsell your new tyres, that's not correct, and I should have asked them for technical reasons.

Vibrations are usually because of the imbalance. So, was your dad able to get these balanced or are there still some issues? Anything to do related with that accident damage?
As for this, The tyres are visibly fit, and have more than enough thread left. The dealership directly told us that they cannot perform balancing and alignment and will need to install new tyres. After complaining to Toyota and the GM of the dealership, the next day before we collected the car, they said we tried to do wheel balancing but it did not happen. My dad later got wheel balancing and alignment done from outside, and the vibrations are gone now.

Wouldn't be cause of the accident as all the parts were replaced back in 2019 from the previous Toyota ASS, and the car has covered significant kilometres since, without any issues.

Quote:
I will still stick with the Toyota dealerships as I want to be sure about the parts. There is too much duplicity in the market- fakes.

You should pay attention to the jobs they mention on the Job card, and usually, if you tell them to stick with "mandatory work" only, it sets the tone.
Yes I agree about the market fake parts, my dad used to get it serviced from technicians who used to work at the previous Toyota ASS. They started their own FNGs after the previous one shut down during the pandemic.

As for the "mandatory work", initially after checking they only said a few things had to be done, but then they kept on adding things to the list, initially they said there is some suspension clamp broken, then they said the underbody and exhaust is rusting, and that we should get the underbody coated, and then they said the tyres need to be changed, we got none of these done as they weren't required, and were not listed in the initial job card.

I(rather my dad, as I had given his number) was supposed to hear back from Toyota India, but we haven't heard back from them as of now.
B747fan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 11:25   #3693
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
my dad used to get it serviced from technicians who used to work at the previous Toyota ASS. They started their own FNGs after the previous one shut down during the pandemic.
Ok, I will still suggest sticking with the dealership. I don't buy this ex-mechanic thing. Toyota India normally prices its part at a fair rates. As long as you are going to stock with Basic things, you should be ok. Selling new tyres instead of balancing looks like a new low. And, No, Toyota India is pretty useless as far as replies are concerned. Rather, if at all they call you, it will be all useless stuff - like do you want to raise a complaint or suggestion or something similar with Zero results.

Auto companies are useless as far as direct replies are concerned as they all prefer to communicate via dealerships.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 09:47   #3694
BHPian

Hello everyone, I am on the lookout for a spacious 8 seater as an upgrade from my Vento with family getting bigger in the last couple of years. I am confused between Hycross hybrid Vx and Vx (o) primarily as I want an automatic. Crysta Vx adds to the confusion as I get a torquey diesel with the sacrifice of automatic gearbox and also saves 2-4 lakhs from the hycross variants. I am having few queries needing good reasoning.

1. Is the DPF issues worrying enough to prefer petrol-hybrid altogether ?
2. Will the resale be similiar for Crysta vs hycross Vx hybrid 10 years down the time ?
3. Is the 4 lakhs premium for vx(o) hycross worth it?
4. Will the petrol-hybrid match up to the roll on figures offered by 2.4 diesel of the Crysta?
5. If Crysta ends up the pick, will Gx makes sense with it being almost 4-5 lakhs lesser than the Vx variant?
6. Any chance for the 2.4 automatic to resurface in the coming months ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th January 2024, 10:27   #3695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
Hello everyone, I am on the lookout for a spacious 8 seater as an upgrade from my Vento with family getting bigger in the last couple of years. I am confused between Hycross hybrid Vx and Vx (o) primarily as I want an automatic. Crysta Vx adds to the confusion as I get a torquey diesel with the sacrifice of automatic gearbox and also saves 2-4 lakhs from the hycross variants. I am having few queries needing good reasoning.

Thanks in advance.
Go for Hycross VX instead of crysta vx as the price difference between them is not too much and if you want diesel Crysta go for the GX it will be more value for money.
With the Hycross you just got so much more compared to crysta Just go with the Hycross you and your family will love it in the long term.
Old 10th January 2024, 11:16   #3696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
Go for Hycross VX instead of crysta vx as the price difference between them is not too much and if you want diesel Crysta go for the GX it will be more value for money.
With the Hycross you just got so much more compared to crysta Just go with the Hycross you and your family will love it in the long term.
Agree on this. If you have a lower budget then the Crysta GX manual, since the Hycross GX plain petrol does not make much sense. Any variant above GX, then you would be better off with Hycross Hybrid.

Last edited by rpads1 : 10th January 2024 at 11:17. Reason: typos
rpads1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 11:33   #3697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
I am having few queries needing good reasoning.
Your post has the hidden answer to your query. Considering you are going to hold your car for 10 years go for the Hycross VX(O). It has most of the features and also has the automatic transmission which you want.

Quote:
1. Is the DPF issues worrying enough to prefer petrol-hybrid altogether ?
2. Will the resale be similiar for Crysta vs hycross Vx hybrid 10 years down the time ?
3. Is the 4 lakhs premium for vx(o) hycross worth it?
5. If Crysta ends up the pick, will Gx makes sense with it being almost 4-5 lakhs lesser than the Vx variant?
6. Any chance for the 2.4 automatic to resurface in the coming months ?
1. Toyota has sorted the DPF issues but if your driving involves lots of city usage then it can be an issue.
2. Hycross will have a better resale value anyday down the line. Crysta was launched in 2016 and is a very old product now although a solid one.
3. VX(O) gets 6 airbags while VX gets just 2. It is the most VFM variant imo.
5. The GX variant is too barebones and I personally avoided buying it last year.
6. I don't think so. I was willing to buy the automatic variant of Crysta even in GX variant if it was launched. Waited and waited and then lost all hope.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 19:50   #3698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
VX(O) gets 6 airbags while VX gets just 2. It is the most VFM variant imo.
All variants of the Hycross have been getting 6 airbags as standard since a few months now. Including the bare-bones G-SLF variant as well.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th January 2024 at 21:31. Reason: typo
B747fan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 21:20   #3699
BHPian

Quote:
All variants of the Hycross have been getting 6 airbags as standard since a few months now.
You are right, thanks for correcting me. I had the old specification sheet and had referred the same which had just 2 airbags mentioned in it.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th January 2024 at 21:31. Reason: typo
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 23:29   #3700
BHPian

Want to fix Reverse Alarm in my Crysta. Which one do you suggest - After market or ASC? Cost? Can it be fixed by plug and play or need to cut wiring? Appreciate your inputs.
Old 14th January 2024, 09:31   #3701
BHPian

My Innova Crysta is now a little less than 40,000km old in the last 5 years and mostly put through highway driving. Recently, I had undertaken some trips such as to Tungareshwar that put the car through some really bad roads. I'm super duper careful with the car and maintained 1-gear / clutched-out fully on all bad roads.

Nevertheless, now I hear a low-profile "clunk" from the front suspension setup even on the smallest of bumps that rock the car (like the horrendous patch work found on Mumbai roads). The sound is typically heard only when there's no music playing in the car and if less than 2 people are talking. It's a very low profile noise but it irks me only because it wasn't around all this while.

Do you guys recommend my getting the suspension setup inspected?
Old 26th January 2024, 16:43   #3702
BHPian

So after much delibration on our car buying decision considering MG ZS, Hyryder, Hycross, Elevate, Nexon EV, XUV 400, XUV 700. However we ended up with Crysta GX as on the day of PDI for the Hyryder my wife saw this parked in the Garage and it was readily available. Post discussion with the Sales guy, we ended up taking our White Crysta GX home in September end.

I did'nt consider the VX as it seems a waste of money and would rather buy a Hycross at that price point as the premium from GX to VX make any sense. I only miss Automatic Climate Control, Cruise Control and Curtain Airbags choosing the GX vs VX (even Keyless Entry, Ambient Lighting and Projectors are slightly missed) but a premium of nearly 6 lakhs seems totally non-sensical for these features. Dunno what Toyota is thinking here.

Happy with my decision as the Car is going good with 10.5k KMS' done in 4 months.

So coming to my questions - Some advise needed on the below.

1) I have never topped up the AdBlue till now. With 10.5k KMs done till now. The Car had gone for service last week, and the service center did not top up Adblue. I called up the service advisor yesterday and he confirmed that they have not put any AdBlue, I told him that I have also not put any adblue till now so he was surprised to know that the car has gone 10k+ without adblue topup and even the top up warning is not coming till now. Just wanted to check if this is normal and what range are you getting with your Crysta's for the Adblue.

2) Secondly, I want to add the Cruise Control feature in the car - Read in the forum on one thread about people doing the same. Can anyone provide any reference in Gurgaon or Delhi NCR for the same.

3) Thirdly, I want to add the auto mirror folding and window closing relays - Reference on that would be also helpful.

4) Next, I want to know if it is possible to add Automatic Climate control/Keyless Entry and Push Start to the car now? Also expected charges and references for the same would be helpful.

Thanks!!
goel.honey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2024, 22:32   #3703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goel.honey View Post
we ended up taking our White Crysta GX home in September end.
Congrats on choosing Crysta. Answers to your questions below:

Quote:
1) I have never topped up the AdBlue till now. With 10.5k KMs done till now. The Car had gone for service last week, and the service center did not top up Adblue.
Crysta takes in 11L of Adblue which may come in the range of 8,000km -10,000km range depending on driving conditions. In my expeience, i get "Fill Adblue" notification betn 8,000km - 9,000km range.

Quote:
2) Secondly, I want to add the Cruise Control feature in the car
I fear that it will void warranty.

Quote:
3) Thirdly, I want to add the auto mirror folding and window closing relays - Reference on that would be also helpful.
Auto folding mirror is available as an accessory. Please check with any ASCs

Quote:
4) Next, I want to know if it is possible to add Automatic Climate control/Keyless Entry and Push Start to the car now?
Again, it may void warranty and didn't hear this as an optional accessory in ASCs.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th January 2024 at 08:49. Reason: Inserting quote tags for quoted post
Innysta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2024, 23:44   #3704
BHPian

Quote:
1) I have never topped up the AdBlue till now. With 10.5k KMs done till now. The Car had gone for service last week, and the service center did not top up Adblue. I called up the service advisor yesterday and he confirmed that they have not put any AdBlue, I told him that I have also not put any adblue till now so he was surprised to know that the car has gone 10k+ without adblue topup and even the top up warning is not coming till now. Just wanted to check if this is normal and what range are you getting with your Crysta's for the Adblue.
I am a little surprised here. Mine is 2020 model and needs refill at 7500 kms ie between 10k km service. I keep a refill at home to top up when ever the pop up comes up. May be Toyota might have increased the capacity.

Quote:
2) Secondly, I want to add the Cruise Control feature in the car - Read in the forum on one thread about people doing the same. Can anyone provide any reference in Gurgaon or Delhi NCR for the same.
You may have a word with Mr Anupam at “World of service” Noida. PM me for contact details else it’s there on Google itself.

Quote:
If you intend to keep the car for long then get it done at Toyota itself. Else the same are available for half the price at accessory shops and online. ‘RD’ overseas is one brand you may consider.

Quote:
4) Next, I want to know if it is possible to add Automatic Climate control/Keyless Entry and Push Start to the car now? Also expected charges and references for the same would be helpful.
Automatic Climate control is possible and you might have to get it done at a non Toyota workshop. Again Mr Anupam is the right man to help you with this.

Keyless entry and push button start means playing too much with the electrical and electronics of the car, neither it is cost effective nor recommended.

Cheers
Bravo

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th January 2024 at 01:36. Reason: minor typos.
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 11:11   #3705
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks!!
1) I have Innova Crysta G 2022 model. I had to fill up the ad-blue at 8000kms range. It might depend on the quality of the filter also. But I would suggest you to check at the Service Centre for the current Ad-blue level (if possible).

2) I had it in-built. I am unsure of the reliability of 3rd party fitting and the warranty voiding because of this.

3) I had this installed at the Toyota Showroom/service centre when i took the delivery of the vehicle.

4) When I had enquired about this, the service centre advisor recommended against doing this as this is a complicated thing and also maybe about warranty void (I don't remember this clearly). Hence I did not go with this modification.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks