Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2023, 19:54   #3631
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
2015 will be BS4.
Sir even I thought the same until I went to get PUC done in January 2023. It was totalled and sold by the insurance so I don’t have the latest PUC to know if it was an issue with that particular PUC Centre.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_5791.jpeg
Old 20th November 2023, 20:45   #3632
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
Sir even I thought the same until I went to get PUC done in January 2023. ]
We have 3 vehicles of 2011-2013.. All are BS4.

Looks some issue that you have shared
Old 20th November 2023, 23:36   #3633
BHPian

Quote:

Interesting. Do you have an Innova amongst the 3? Because I just googled and it indeed was a BS3 model but had a BS4 model variant too. Ours was a 7 seater V model so I guess it explains why it was BS3.

Here’s the virtual RC copy where emission norm is “not available”.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_5797.jpeg

Last edited by ex-innova-guy : 20th November 2023 at 23:45.
Old 20th November 2023, 23:53   #3634
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
Interesting. Do you have an Innova amongst the 3? Because I just googled and it indeed was a
If your Innova has an intercooler its BS4 else its BS3.

Quote:

No issue here. Many manufacturers including Toyota still sold BS3 vehicles until they could because BS4 roll out was only done in Metro cities from 2010 while the rest of the country could still buy BS3 cars and register them in non metro RTOs until 2017. Only some players like Maruti rolled out BS4 cars pan India from day 1 while the rest continued with both versions.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 00:18   #3635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Thank you for the clarification. It indeed had an intercooler badge on the right fender so would be a BS4 one.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_8435.jpeg

Last edited by ex-innova-guy : 21st November 2023 at 00:34.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 09:38   #3636
Team-BHP Support

Guys, how long do the tyres typically last? Esp. of the Z variant, given the R17 wheels.

The other thing: on a recent trip, we noticed a 10-15% difference between the speed displayed by Google Maps (on Android) and what the speedometer on the car displayed (Google Maps showed a lower reading). I presume the speedometer is accurate given a rough time/distance calculation done while driving. But just wanted to check if others have a similar observation. (The car is stock, so no reason for any deliberate error in reading).
Old 21st November 2023, 09:59   #3637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Guys, how long do the tyres typically last? Esp. of the Z variant, given the R17 wheels.

The other thing: on a recent trip, we noticed a 10-15% difference between the speed displayed by Google Maps (on Android) and what the speedometer on the car displayed (Google Maps showed a lower reading). I presume the speedometer is accurate given a rough time/distance calculation done while driving. But just wanted to check if others have a similar observation. (The car is stock, so no reason for any deliberate error in reading).
I replaced tyres at 35700kms even though there was decent amount of tread left. The reason was I was annoyed with the Bridgestones due to poor grip while braking and cornering and also tyres picking up lot of punctures. If not for this, they would have lasted more than 40k kms.

I switched to Vredestein ultrac vorti and upsized to 225/55/17 and cant be happier. There seems to be a slight dip in FE but these tyres are always what I should have had on the Crysta. The Bridgestones had such poor grip that even under slightly lesser pressure and on slightly hard braking they would lock up. And even my dad could make the tyres squeal in the ghat sections even though he wasnt pushing it hard. Compared to that, I could easily send the car drifting with wheel spin.

So tyre life with these bridgestones should be around 40-50k kms but only if you arent annoyed by it until then.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 10:22   #3638
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

The other thing: on a recent trip, we noticed a 10-15% difference between the speed displayed by Google Maps (on Android) and what the speedometer on the car displayed (Google Maps showed a lower reading). .
Speedometers are calibrated to show a higher reading, but 10-15% diff is on higher side.

Compare the speedo reading with that displayed on the speed display boards that traffic police would have set up on some roads. You will know what to use as reference.

Btw, my Tata has a steady 4 kmph higher reading than whats shown on a GPS or these display boards

Summary- what you observed is normal, but diff is high
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 13:04   #3639
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav07 View Post
As we have a Crysta in our family, I would obviously prefer Crysta. May I know the manufacturing date of the vehicle? If it is 2021-2022.
All are manufactured before 2018 and they are BS4 and want to stick with this.

Quote:
Check service history. Compare features of this one vs a Crysta. If you are ok with both, then you could go ahead.

2015 will be BS4.
Service History is clear and Innova G is a plain car but brand new with very limited features.

I contacted the service center to inquire if the V-model steering wheel and OEM audio could be installed in G, but they informed that it is not feasible without rewiring the entire electrical system. (seems to be the deal breaker)

Quote:
Yes. Intercooler is an indication of BS4
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-bs4.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-bssymbol.jpg  

RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 13:54   #3640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I contacted the service center to inquire if the V-model steering wheel and OEM audio could be installed in G, but they informed that it is not feasible without rewiring the entire electrical system. (seems to be the deal breaker)

What about upgrading the audio outside ?
Old 21st November 2023, 14:11   #3641
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Issue with replacing OE parts in Toyota is that they would cost an absurd amount of money. The head unit might be worth a lakh and its function is nothing to write about. Only alternative is to go with an aftermarket solution for the Audio and then source the steering wheel and stuff from Thailand/China and the wiring for steering audio controls must be pretty simple.
Old 21st November 2023, 14:54   #3642
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What about upgrading the audio outside ?
Yes. Fitting a HU with good speakers seems to be a pretty simple job as the provision is available.

Quote:
Issue with replacing OE parts in Toyota is that they would cost an absurd amount of money.
<<the wiring for steering audio controls must be pretty simple>>.
Very true. Toyota SC says the cost is more than 1L .
Type 1 to Type 4 conversion guys says this is very much possible. My doubt is "Will the base wiring in G version have the connectors for steering audio controls? Or need to be customized"
Old 21st November 2023, 15:43   #3643
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Type 1 to Type 4 conversion guys says this is very much possible. My doubt is "Will the base wiring in G version have the connectors for steering audio controls? Or need to be customized"
OT, but these people who are into conversion are sourcing parts from SE Asian countries I guess and hence the part costs are cheaper. The steering wheel controls on the Innova are simple resistance based switches IIRC. So it will be routed like this:
Steering wheel switch >> Contact coil in steering >> Main harness in dashboard >> Head unit

In your case, you can directly route it from the contact coil to the aftermarket head unit. The main harness can be bypassed. You can refer to the thread by Paragsachania on how he got it for his Ertiga. This is easier compared to cars(the complicated Germans ) which use CAN signals for the steering wheel buttons which is going to be a tough job. I strongly hope Toyota has kept it simple as they usually do.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 19:46   #3644
BHPian

Quote:
All are manufactured before 2018 and they are BS4 and want to stick with this.
In that case Crysta VX Manual is an excellent choice. However, if you are interested in driving an Innova Crysta Manual, I have a small suggestion.

Instead of the VX Manual, which has a 5 speed, you can try to find a Touring Sport which has a 6 speed manual and thus will be better on the highway due to that one extra gear. This is merely a suggestion though, but I would highly reccomend the 6 speed MT of the Touring Sport.
Raghav07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 14:55   #3645
BHPian

Got new tyres of 215/60 R17 size made by Continental. A bit of increase in the sidewall from the stock size. Very silent and there is a definite betterment of ride quality, maybe because of the new tyres or maybe because of the increase of the sidewall.

The stock Bridgestone tyres lasted for 38k kms. They were excellent tyres with zero punctures but were noisy and hard.

Would have loved a pair of Michelins but since they were not available went for Continental. Nothing wrong with Bridgestone, I just wanted to try something different.

During the last service I was told by the service centre that my alloys are bent. Thankfully, only 1 out of the 4 was bent. The bent one was repaired for 4k at this place called 'Royal car Alloywheels , Throwing works' in Kondapur. This place was recommend to me by Harsha Toyota. I am no subject expert but I think and hope he did a good job. The repaired alloy was put as spare and the spare alloy was brought into the running wheels. You can contact the owner Rafi here- 7702968683

ODO at 38k right now and nothing to our of ordinary to report. Just a normal, peaceful, fill it and drive kind of car ownership. Been only using COCO Xtragreen for almost the past 30k kms. Even on highways I know where to find those bunks. Absolutely love how quiet the engine becomes. Above 40kmph very few cars in India ride like the Crysta. A few pics of the new tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231122-14.22.31.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231122-14.22.32.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231122-14.22.32-1.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231122-14.22.32-2.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231122-14.22.33.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231122-14.22.33-1.jpeg  

krishnakarthik1 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks