Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2023, 11:09   #3511
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Congratulations on your new machine! This could well be the highest run Innova Crysta on team-bhp
Oh! Thank you but I hope my review was not misleading. I didn't buy it yet but nearly booked it. I was about to pay 1L booking yesterday but parents stopped me citing the age.

As much as I want to drive away with it today, I cannot.

Parents won't budge. Maybe for. 2019/2020 Z 2.8L, they will. Or maybe a 2017 Fortuner. Who knows?

They don't want me spending on anything older than 5 years.

Makes me think that 2019-20 Crysta Z 2.8L AT for 18-20L or a 2017 Fortuner 2WD/4WD AT for 21-24L is a far better value than this:

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_5448.jpeg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th May 2023 at 11:35. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
vredesbyrd is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 13:53   #3512
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post

There she was, like it's just been days or weeks since delivery.

Let me tell you a little about this one:
2016 2.8L Z AT with 187000 km on the odo at 15.30L
Interiors refurbished and suspension work done by Toyota

By and large, the interior was in a really good shape, sans a broken frame on an AC vent.

We went over all kinds of roads and not a single squeak or rattle, impressive for a vehicle that has run nearly 2L kms. But again, that's something expected of a Crysta/Fortuner
Congratulations. I think Crysta would go down in history as the last Toyota people carrier with a decently sized diesel engine paired with a 6 speed auto, and also as the last people carrier which in design and built is closer to a proper SUV than many soft roaders sold as SUVs, being built on the IMV chassis/platform shared with Fortuner and Hilux helps.

Also makes one wonder why would anyone buy a newly launched top end Fronx for the money they are being sold at now?!

Quote:
Here's the suboptimal list:
2) I cannot see the bonnet.
Thats a plus on a light coloured vehicle!

Quote:
Thank you but I did not purchase it. Got damn close though.
Ah! I saw your post above after I posted. Personally I would prefer a pre-owned Crysta/Fortuner over a brand new Scorpio N provided the particular pre-owned unit is well kept, well maintained, comes with proper history and is a single owner vehicle. Although the new Scorpio N is a well rounded product there are certain things that Toyota does better.

Last edited by Sankar : 6th May 2023 at 14:04.
Sankar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 13:56   #3513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Congratulations
Thank you but I did not purchase it. Got damn close though.
Old 6th May 2023, 23:56   #3514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
So a quick question to Crysta owners.

Like you all know, we got ours on 5th of October, finished 1000 km with a quick lunch break to Kolhapur, gave it for service and in a few days set out on our south trip.

We are in Bangalore currently and the car is at 3250 kilometers.

I have observed a strange thing, if its a usual thing or not, the folks here can correct.

When going over certain potholes or rumblers at certain angles, the steering makes a katak noise, its not always but only at certain angles, is that normal? Its there since day 1
So this noise was gone until I gave it for 10 thousand kilometer service and its back again. Had given it to Millennium Toyota in Thane.

This time I can feel it even more, right before service everything was fine and as soon as I got it from it and reached Ghatkopar, it was back.

For 2 things steering was touched. One was wheel balancing and when I sat in my car the steering was adjusted to a different position than what I had given it at.

I did a small test in my building with the car shut. I rocked the steering and I could hear the noise from the yoke while rocking which connects the steering rack to the steering column.

Before I think the noise was absent because it was kept in a position all these thousands of kilometers where the position was arresting the play.

I will have to get it shown again, yikes. The service station is far from my place and these trips are wasting my weekends.

Can one of you try this and come back? Rock the steering when the car is off and see if you can hear any noise from the place where you keep your legs in the drivers seat
Old 7th May 2023, 10:53   #3515
BHPian

Why does Toyota holds itself back from introducing 6-speed Manual transmission in Innova Crysta? What does Toyota really fear?

Fortuner and Innova anyways now have a price gap of 15+ lacs. There is no overlap in their segments. Then why does Toyota not add 6 Speed MT even during fag end of Innova Crysta lifecycle?
varunswnt is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 11:13   #3516
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Why does Toyota holds itself back from introducing 6-speed Manual transmission in Innova Crysta? What does Toyota really fear?

Fortuner and Innova anyways now have a price gap of 15+ lacs. There is no overlap in their segments. Then why does Toyota not add 6 Speed MT even during fag end of Innova Crysta lifecycle?
True. Thought they would atleast do it with the BS6.2/RDE norms. But alas.

They did offer it in the Innova Touring Sport before BS6, so they definitely can. No excuse other than maybe cost optimisation. Better fuel efficiency, smoother gearbox and a much lower highway rpm speed. What not. Pathetic for what is supposed to be India's National Highway car.
DicKy is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 03:25   #3517
BHPian

My BS6 2021 Crysta had history of DPF sensor failure issue and entire convertor assembly, 4 Injectors were replaced. Got to know that the Indian Oil pump i am used to fill is known for adulteration. Is that the root cause?
Planning for a trip down south. If i fill fuel in Shell which is not available in rural areas, can i topup with other brand fuel (IOC, BP..) on return journey?
Old 8th May 2023, 08:18   #3518
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innysta View Post
My BS6 2021 Crysta had history of DPF sensor failure issue and entire convertor assembly, 4 Injectors were replaced. Got to know that the Indian Oil pump i am used to fill is known for adulteration. Is that the root cause?
Planning for a trip down south. If i fill fuel in Shell which is not available in rural areas, can i topup with other brand fuel (IOC, BP..) on return journey?
Instead of paying extra for Shell diesel just stick to Xtragreen or any other IOC outlet which is popular amongst truckers or is a COCO outlet. Have never had a single issue so far filling up only in IOC and BP.
audioholic is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 10:13   #3519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innysta View Post
Shell is rapidly expanding their outlets. Alternatively there are other private players like Reliance and Nyara which provide good quality Diesel. If non are available, stick to COCO fuel stations. Another tip I can share and has been widely suggested by fellow bhpians, try to look out for fuel stations where you see lot of truck traffic.

Quote:
Almost bought a 7 Year Old Crysta
I went through something similar, booked a Z8L 4x4 White but cancelled it as the quoted waiting period was way too long. Was almost about to pick a 35k run 2.8Z but held back, reason, someone before me got the car inspected by Toyota but later abandoned the deal, which spooked me big time. At the end bought a Force Gurkha since I badly wanted a Diesel 4x4 SUV as this might be the last chance to own an Oil burner. I wanted to stay away from BS6 Diesels owing to DPF issues but the Gurkha despite being BS6 didnt face DPF issues since it doesn't require Adblue.
As I type this post, I have covered more than 10k in 4 months. The Gurkha ain't a Toyota when it comes to reliability, already suffered two front diff oil seal failures, but again i have no regrets.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 8th May 2023 at 10:30.
rakesh_r is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 22:31   #3520

Quote:

4) AA/Carplay. We got aftermarket solutions for that and the same goes for a 360 camera setup.
Dear BHPians,

I have recently bought a Pre-worshipped 2018 Innova Crysta.
I have started to love the car, and the only thing I am not happy about it is the absence of Apple Car Play / Andriod Auto in the system. My question is: Is there a way I can get this installed on the existing system? I do not want to change the head unit / music system, as I absolutely love the touch and feel, however I hate to put my cellphone on the holder and attach it to the dashboard. Please let me know if anyone has tried installing And Auto / Car Play into the Crysta system?
Old 9th May 2023, 12:30   #3521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_sanjib View Post
Please let me know if anyone has tried installing And Auto / Car Play into the Crysta system?
You got two options:

1) There's this module from S. Korea that allows Carplay/AA

2) Get the infotainment system from BS6 Crysta right from Toyota themselves. They also have the multi-terrain monitor system (360 camera).
Very expensive solution but the best fit and reliability

3) Aftermarket solution can be good but both the hardware (Sony/Pioneer) and the installer should be top notch
vredesbyrd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 13:29   #3522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You got two options:

1) There's this module from S. Korea that allows Carplay/AA
Are you sure of this working? Can you give some leads to such a product?
Old 9th May 2023, 13:47   #3523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Are you sure of this working? Can you give some leads to such a product?
I saw a post on this thread itself:

https://m.nvconnect.co.kr/product/to...ration-kit/75/

Not sure how well this works though the videos look promising. 600k Won is reasonable

I see a lot of chinese stuff but not sure abour quality
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 15:24   #3524

I am owning Innova crysta zx AT 2.4 in sparkle crystal black color. Car is about 1 year old and I am very happy with the driving experience. Recently in Bangalore, someone hit my car from back side in a bumper to bumper jam packed traffic, and I find some minor signs of impact on my rear bumper.

With this incident experience, I am planning to install one dash cam (front and rear) and rear bumper protector.

I have enquired from Toyota dealership (Nandi Toyota) and they are offering 15K for the dash cam (original Toyota TGA) and 11K for the rear bumper guard. I find their prices are way high as compared to the products available in the local market (which is obvious). From a local dealer I am getting the similar bumper protector at INR 6300 and 70mai dash cam A500 Plus+ at INR 11K.

Can anyone help me to take the decision here ? Should I go with the original TGA accessories or go with the local dealer ?

Thanks in advance for all the valuable suggestions.....
Old 9th May 2023, 15:26   #3525
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I saw a post on this thread itself:

https://m.nvconnect.co.kr/product/to...ration-kit/75/

Not sure how well this works though the videos look promising. 600k Won is reasonable

I see a lot of chinese stuff but not sure abour quality
Looks very nice but for 600000KR which is like 37k rupees, with shipping and customs extra it looks expensive to me since it still uses aux port for the Audio. For the same amount of money we can buy a pretty decent Head unit and swap it since the factory unit isnt that impressive either. The only good part is being able to use the touch screen of the stock HU. Will anyway contact them and check if they are offering it for a lesser price.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks