Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2023, 20:11   #3421
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Overall, I am loving every bit of the car and it does not feel anything different for me when it comes to handling this or my Swift. Both feel rock solid at highway speeds.
How do you compare Swift to Crysta when going over rumble strips that we encounter on highways and also those PVC speed breakers at toll booths?

My Jazz shivers and I have to slow down and take them at slow/moderate speeds. This is one thing that my Jazz can't take at all.
Old 3rd January 2023, 21:55   #3422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
My Jazz shivers and I have to slow down and take them at slow/moderate speeds. This is one thing that my Jazz can't take at all.
The Innova suspension is softer and also has greater travel due to being a ladder frame chassis. Hence humps and rumblers get swallowed with ease except the sharp ones which will bring vibrations to the cabin.

Maybe in your case the tyres are overinflated. Normally in none of my cars so far I have faced a major issue on highway rumblers and I have usually not slowed down unless they are quite high. In my Slavia the rear axle used to get unsettled over even minor rumblers and I changed the tyres to softer ones and keep 1psi lesser at the rear since it's hardly loaded. After that this issue got resolved.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 18:06   #3423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
How do you compare Swift to Crysta when going over rumble strips that we encounter on highways and also those PVC speed breakers at toll booths?

In the Swift, the entire car goes up and down with quick a bit of a jerk to the passenger. The same trip when you are turning and if they appear, it unsettles the rear.

In the Crysta, its more subtle, you know the moment is happening below but you are not thrown around like the Swift. The Cryta is much more forgiving to the passengers.

For example, when you get on the eastern freeway from the govandi side, there are rumble strips right at the hair pin turn. In the Swift if you went fast, the rear end would come out, in the Crysta, nothing would happen and the car would stick to its line.
humyum is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 10:36   #3424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
1. Low beams - Stock LED with projector
2. High beams - Osram HB3 LED replaced the stock halogens
3. Fog lights - Projectors with H11 HID bulbs which support both high and low beam
Sorry to posting it again, can you tell me where did you get this done and how much did it cost you?
Old 6th January 2023, 10:42   #3425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirleo View Post
Sorry to posting it again, can you tell me where did you get this done and how much did it cost you?
Sorry I missed it, but had already answered these questions a few posts ago.

1. HB3 LEDs were brought from Amazon itself for around 2.7k IIRC. I see that they are currently retailing for 3.3k. Installation is very simple plug and play. However, the rotation of the bulb must be taken into account since this is very important for a good beam output. I can post a picture of how the bulb must be aligned later today. Basically the bulb has a flat PCB with LEDs on either side. This must be aligned to be vertical so that the LEDs fire sideways on either side of the PCB into the reflector.

2. Projector fog lights I purchased the projectors for around 3.5k via aliexpress and the HID kit was from CN Light again via aliexpress for 2k including a dedicated wiring harness+relay so as to bypass the internal wiring. Installation was done by myself. I went for the Aliexpress projector since they were selling a Toyota specific mount compared to the Indian sellers who at that time were only offering adjustable metal clamps which would need to be set according to the needs of each vehicle. This is cumbersome to align both vertically and horizontally and will be prone to vibrations.

Last edited by audioholic : 6th January 2023 at 10:52.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 11:50   #3426
BHPian

Where can i buy the engine insulation hood clip. I removed the insulation cover couple of times to wade off rats which sat inside in the bonnet cover and the clip legs got broken (refer below pic). It gets locked easily with gentle press but gets broken when i pull it. Is there any steps i miss in order not to damage the clip?
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20230106_114811.jpg
Old 6th January 2023, 12:37   #3427
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innysta View Post
Where can i buy the engine insulation hood clip.
Either at the Toyota dealer or here https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-clip...lator-6723661/
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 12:48   #3428
BHPian

Quote:
Either at the Toyota dealer or here https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-clip...lator-6723661/
It seems that this is not compatible with latest Crysta 2011 (Facelift version).
Innysta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 12:55   #3429
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innysta View Post
It seems that this is not compatible with latest Crysta 2011 (Facelift version).
How is that so? There has not been any change to the hood or hood insulation. Worst case the clip might have changed shape but it would still work.
Old 7th January 2023, 20:43   #3430
BHPian

Glad you are enjoying india's most loved workhorse. Its an excellent choice for families and road trips. Just wish toyota didn't overprice it so much. The 2.5, 2.4 and 2.8 are simply incredible. The power, the torque rush, the tank like build quality of those engines can't be matched. Happy motoring.
Old 7th January 2023, 23:02   #3431
BHPian

Quote:
However, the rotation of the bulb must be taken into account since this is very important for a good beam output. I can post a picture of how the bulb must be aligned later today. Basically the bulb has a flat PCB with LEDs on either side. This must be aligned to be vertical so that the LEDs fire sideways on either side of the PCB into the reflector.
I saw your post and ordered and fitted the Osram Leds

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-f0844d6045874498a36da9447cea84d4.jpeg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-3ca5c12a46b04130b5116c2baf575710.jpeg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-641f4aab62a1441eaa55a25ed8aa9a12.jpeg
GP19 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 00:24   #3432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP19 View Post
I saw your post and ordered and fitted the Osram Leds

Attachment 2401196

Attachment 2401198

Attachment 2401197
Hope the upgrade is worth it. I see that the bulb is slightly tilted at an angle compared to the reflector so try rotating it in case the current output isn't satisfactory and you can't see a bright Hotspot at the center when facing a wall.
Old 8th January 2023, 09:44   #3433

Quote:
Sorry I missed it, but had already answered these questions a few posts ago.

1. HB3 LEDs were brought from Amazon itself for around 2.7k IIRC. I see that they are currently retailing for 3.3k. Installation is very simple plug and play. However, the rotation of the bulb must be taken into account since this is very important for a good beam output. I can post a picture of how the bulb must be aligned later today. Basically the bulb has a flat PCB with LEDs on either side. This must be aligned to be vertical so that the LEDs fire sideways on either side of the PCB into the reflector.

2. Projector fog lights I purchased the projectors for around 3.5k via aliexpress and the HID kit was from CN Light again via aliexpress for 2k including a dedicated wiring harness+relay so as to bypass the internal wiring. Installation was done by myself. I went for the Aliexpress projector since they were selling a Toyota specific mount compared to the Indian sellers who at that time were only offering adjustable metal clamps which would need to be set according to the needs of each vehicle. This is cumbersome to align both vertically and horizontally and will be prone to vibrations.
Sir,

When I visited local workshop for light upgrade for 2022 Crysta, the technician was staring at the fog lug, saying it’s small - less than the normal 3 inch.

Not sure why he said. Seems they are yet to do that for 2022 Crysta.

Is it complicated, upgrading fog light for 2022 Crysta-Diesel AT?

Thanks!
Old 8th January 2023, 10:04   #3434

Quote:
I have a 2020 Crysta. I changed both the high beam and fog lights myself. High beams are easy to swap but fog lights need some experience in removing the bumper and grill. Not sure of insurance policy issues or rather don't want to mislead you on that topic.
Sir,

Visited Speedfreaks - local workshop, for fog light upgrade for my 2022 Crysta AT. After looking at the fog light, they said it looks smaller - less than the normal 3 inch. I returned with out pursuing it further as they seemed to be not confident. I was told that they are yet to do upgrade for new Crysta’s and have done it for older ones.

Is it difficult complex to upgrade fog light?

Pls. suggest a good workshop In Chennai or Bangalore, if you know.

Thanks!
Old 8th January 2023, 12:12   #3435
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muruan View Post
Sir,

When I visited local workshop for light upgrade for 2022 Crysta, the technician was staring at the fog lug, saying it’s small - less than the normal 3 inch.
Hello, yes I too felt that for the facelift version. However I believe this is to do with the external shroud while the mounting point would remain the same. Just get it checked once under the plastic shroud.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks