Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2023, 23:24   #3556
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Which review are you looking for, official review from TBHP? That's not there. .
Yes, @Audioholic - an official review after the 2.4 AT BS6 came in. The review in this thread is from 2016. Earlier the AT was on the 2.8.
Old 21st June 2023, 01:54   #3557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Yes, @Audioholic - an official review after the 2.4 AT BS6 came in. The review in this thread is from 2016. Earlier the AT was on the 2.8.
There is this thread and another one for the 2.7l petrol automatic. All others are ownership reviews. Maybe an ownership report that turned out to be well detailed might be the one you are looking for.

The only written review for the BS6 2.4 AT that I can think of is the Autocarindia one. https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-418153
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 14:24   #3558
BHPian

I sold my Innova Crysta BS6 2020 and bought the same vehicle in a different colour! The performance and reliability of the vehicle is something else and no match to any of the rivals. Test drove the Hycross and though liked the size and looks the price of the vehicle for the VX and beyond including the waiting periods were the deal breaker. Bought the 2023 Crysta and the car is great. Added a lot of Toyota Genuine Accessories including the 360 degree camera will post updates after using it for a few days.

Oh yes, the resale of the Crysta is something else. The 2020 model fetched ~92% of the on road price, which is ~116% of the ex showroom price! More than satisfied after having used the vehicle for close to 35K kms. The best asset that you can buy among vehicles in India and if you get a tax deduction through depreciation or lease even better!
Mile10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 19:50   #3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post
I sold my Innova Crysta BS6 2020 and bought the same vehicle in a different colour! The performance and reliability of the vehicle is something else and no match to any of the rivals. Test drove the Hycross and though liked the size and looks the price of the vehicle for the VX and beyond including the waiting periods were the deal breaker. Bought the 2023 Crysta and the car is great. Added a lot of Toyota Genuine Accessories including the 360 degree camera will post updates after using it for a few days.

Oh yes, the resale of the Crysta is something else. The 2020 model fetched ~92% of the on road price, which is ~116% of the ex showroom price! More than satisfied after having used the vehicle for close to 35K kms. The best asset that you can buy among vehicles in India and if you get a tax deduction through depreciation or lease even better!
Hi, I've been driving a 2009 i10 so far and planning to buy a diesel innova after 14 yrs, What color did you buy? Im planning on a crysta VX black color, Will it be good? Also what insurance should I get, I know dealership insurance is a scam. And reg the maintenance what should I know about? like adblue etc...
Old 24th June 2023, 21:14   #3560
BHPian

Quote:

Surprised to see someone selling off the 2020 BS6 Crysta for another Crysta, which has same specs as 2020 one but with BS6.2, within 3 years of usage.

Any reason for selling off your 2020 Crysta for another Crysta? And, I assume that you've bought ZX variant this time since your previous Crysta was 2.4 GX MT going by your previous posts.

And, yes, buying a Toyota is a long term investment. The more you use, the more you can sell for later.

We booked a Hycross Hybrid VX in March this year and still waiting for the vehicle but Crysta tempted me a lot due to Diesel and thought of shifting the Hycross booking to Crysta but lack of AT is a big deal breaker for us since we wanted AT this time.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 21:33   #3561
BHPian

Quote:
I sold my Innova Crysta BS6 2020 and bought the same vehicle in a different colour!
Congratulations for the new car. I am awaiting allotment for my ZX.

Quote:
Added a lot of Toyota Genuine Accessories including the 360 degree camera will post updates after using it for a few days.
Could you please share the part number of the 360 degree camera. When I checked last with the accessories team, the accessory guy did not have a clue. Probably I can share the part number and ask him to check.
Old 24th June 2023, 21:39   #3562
Senior - BHPian

A stitch in time: (missed)

In my 80k service, the SA had told me about the wear in the brakes and said that the pads can be changed in the next Service. I somehow was super busy when I crossed 85K and missed it. I had forgotten about the brake pad remark.

I thought I’ll skip the 85K check up and directly do the 90 k one. Around the 88k km mark, I had two round trips, to Kolhapur first and Hubli the following weekend. I reached Hubli and towards the last 50-60 km, I was hearing noise from the front left tyre while braking. Given it was late evening, I somehow managed to reach hotel and thought I’ll check it the following morning. I finished my work and departed Hubli around noon, and till then, it was just about ok. I knew the sound was from the brakes. When I was crossing Davanagere, the creaking noise surfaced with a higher intensity, and my braking was not working the way I’m used to. I had to stand b on the brakes and move to P most times to get to a complete halt. That’s when I remembered the SA’s comments. I realised that when the car was in D, and on applying breaks, the sound was as though the earth crust is grinding itself.

I somehow managed to reach home driving very very slowly.

The following morning, I started the car to the service centre. Reached there after a very slow drive in a fashion where I didn’t have to brake much.

The assembly itself had cracked. And it became a major work. What would have otherwise been a few thousands for a brake pad change became tens of thousands due to my sheer ignorance. A lesson learnt.
jkrishnakj is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 19:31   #3563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephkarthic View Post
Hi, I've been driving a 2009 i10 so far and planning to buy a diesel innova after 14 yrs, What color did you buy? Im planning on a crysta VX black color, Will it be good? Also what insurance should I get, I know dealership insurance is a scam. And reg the maintenance what should I know about? like adblue etc...
I bought pearl white, my previous one was super white. Lighter colours are easier to maintain and personal preference. Go with your heart and choose the colour you like and do check out the colour before you buy in person. I went with Insurance from the dealer, less headache for a slight premium. Adblue top up will be required but in my previous car I had no issues after owning it for 3 years. Just top it up regularly when you see the indication in MID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Surprised to see someone selling off the 2020 BS6 Crysta for another Crysta, which has same specs as 2020 one but with BS6.2, within 3 years of usage.

Any reason for selling off your 2020 Crysta for another Crysta? And, I assume that you've bought ZX variant this time since your previous Crysta was 2.4 GX MT going by your previous posts.
Yes I upgraded from a GX to ZX, wanted the additional safety features in ZX. I have regularly upgraded the cars every 3 -5 years since we get tax breaks being in business (lease earlier when I was employed). Also I have peace of mind since the cars are in warranty for the entire ownership.

Our usage is mostly highway trips with the Crysta, hence we prefer Diesel and 80% of the time driven by our employees hence Manual is ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nischaltopno View Post
Congratulations for the new car. I am awaiting allotment for my ZX.

Could you please share the part number of the 360 degree camera. When I checked last with the accessories team, the accessory guy did not have a clue. Probably I can share the part number and ask him to check.
Thank you. Nandi Toyota in Bangalore have it in stock. The unit is by Modiber and the primary reason I went with this is it won't void warranty and it has recording feature through USB for all 4 cameras which is what I wanted. Clarity of the camera is not great (first impressions) but serves the purpose. I don't have the part number right now but will see if I can get it. The unit is by Modiber UK and costs ~40K.
Mile10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 21:41   #3564
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Nandi Toyota in Bangalore have it in stock. The unit is by Modiber and the primary reason I went with this is it won't void warranty and it has recording feature through USB for all 4 cameras which is what I wanted. Clarity of the camera is not great (first impressions) but serves the purpose. I don't have the part number right now but will see if I can get it. The unit is by Modiber UK and costs ~40K.
Thanks for that.
Which branch of Nandi Toyota, in case if my dealer agrees to check with other dealers for more information.
Old 25th June 2023, 21:45   #3565
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I upgraded from a GX to ZX, wanted the additional safety features in ZX. I have regularly upgraded the cars every 3 -5 years since we get tax breaks being in business (lease earlier when I was employed). Also I have peace of mind since the cars are in warranty for the entire ownership.

Our usage is mostly highway trips with the Crysta, hence we prefer Diesel and 80% of the time driven by our employees hence Manual is ok.
Can you please post the pics of your Pearl White a.k.a Platinum White Crysta? I know its different than previous pearl white but I just wanted to see the difference between previous pearl white and new pearl white.
Old 25th June 2023, 22:23   #3566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post

The assembly itself had cracked. And it became a major work. What would have otherwise been a few thousands for a brake pad change became tens of thousands due to my sheer ignorance. A lesson learnt.
The last few thousand before the brake pad gives up is always tricky. There is a pin with the brake pads which I think when pad is around 2mm starts scratching the disc. How much are the brake pads now? I had replaced mine once and had costed about 5-6K as I recall, back in 2020.
Old 26th June 2023, 08:35   #3567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A stitch in time: (missed)

I had to stand b on the brakes and move to P most times to get to a complete halt..
Never ever do that again, shift to N and use the handbrake but never use P as a brake. The handbrake will work even when the front brakepads are worn out. You are lucky you didn't get a hefty gearbox repair bill as well.
Cresterk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 09:39   #3568
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What has cracked? The discs itself? That means the wear is too much. By the way are the pads still stock or has been replaced earlier?

In fact waiting for the wear indicator to start making squealing noise itself is pushing too much, since it will damage the disc and it will need skimming to get its flatness back. So better replace pads before that.

And agree 100x with CresterK. The P is best used as a safety mechanism after the car has come to a halt and parking brakes are engaged and not as a primary stopping aid nor as a parking aid. Else thats going to be a big damage to the pocket.

Last edited by audioholic : 26th June 2023 at 09:40.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 10:26   #3569
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
- 80k service, SA had told me about wear in the brake pads
- Around the 88k km mark, hearing noise from the front left tyre while braking.
- When I was crossing Davanagere, the creaking noise surfaced with a higher intensity, and my braking was not working the way I’m used to. I had to stand b on the brakes and move to P most times to get to a complete halt
1. The brake pads' wear indicator started sounding, then the pads got worn down to parent metal, and with metal to metal, there is next to zero braking. Your car was able to stop only because all brake pads don't wear out at the same rate. There would have been some friction material left on the other pad on that particular disc. Did you have to change just that one disc?

2. Also, I presume you know this, but just to be sure let me add - please never ever move from D to P when the car is in motion. If you must do an emergency stop, the handbrake is better.

I faced a similar situation with a friend's Altis, and got the pads changed with no further delay; documented here

Last edited by vigsom : 26th June 2023 at 10:27.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 19:16   #3570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
TVS Hiper brake pads for Crysta. Bought it, Got it. But I don't think I need these at least for the next 10000kms.

Attachment 2120853
Hi,
Did you use these pads and can you please share an update as to how these brake pads were? Is it good or better compared to the OEM pads?

How would you compare these to the EBC brake pads? And finally which would you recommend?

Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks