Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2023, 21:00   #3646
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Got new tyres of 215/60 R17 size made by Continental. A bit of increase in the sidewall from the stock size. Very silent and there is a definite betterment of ride quality, maybe because of the new tyres or maybe because of the increase of the sidewall.
Excellent tire choice. The sidewall has indeed increased quite a bit compared to stock tires, which means better ride quality. However, 16 inch rims will offer the best ride quality over bad roads, which is what every Cyrsta owner will say.
Raghav07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 08:12   #3647
BHPian

General query regarding Crysta 2.8Z, 6 years old vehicle which has completed 1L kilometers. The user manual does not specify any replacement of Automatic transmission fluid (sealed for life) in general condition.
The ATF needs to be changed at 80000 KMS, if vehicle is used:
  • At higher altitude always above 2000 meters
  • To tow heavy load like camper
  • Speed always exceeded 80% of RPM
  • Always used for stop and go purpose like delivery vehicle.

So the query is should I change it now (in international forums it is suggested to change between 60000 to 100000 miles). Has anybody change the ATF as a part of routine service, if yes, then at what Kilometers.
Old 26th November 2023, 13:42   #3648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
General query regarding Crysta 2.8Z, 6 years old vehicle which has completed 1L kilometers. The user manual does not specify any replacement of Automatic transmission fluid (sealed for life) in general condition.
The ATF needs to be changed at 80000 KMS, if vehicle is used:
  • At higher altitude always above 2000 meters
  • To tow heavy load like camper
  • Speed always exceeded 80% of RPM
  • Always used for stop and go purpose like delivery vehicle.

So the query is should I change it now (in international forums it is suggested to change between 60000 to 100000 miles). Has anybody change the ATF as a part of routine service, if yes, then at what Kilometers.
My recommendation is to change it every 1 lakh kms. The rational for that is mentioned in my recent post on the same topic (Hyundai India claims its CVT requires no fluid change, service or maintenance).

I'm at 95k now on by 2.8 l diesel automatic. I'll be giving a heads up to my service center before my next service so that they can order the transmission fluid and keep it ready.
amalji is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 21:55   #3649
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I finally found an 87k driven Crysta V 8 STR - 2017 model after a protracted automobile hunt. The has a full service history and has had zero body paint applied. For me, this is a significant improvement over Ecosport. I drove to Chennai and managed to reach 14.5 km/l (tank fill method) by maintaining a constant 2k rpm (around ~90k) throughout.

One fantastic feature is the boot door's automatic closure. A few items need to be changed, including the back seat table, gear knob and license plate.

Special Thanks to Pridered, Raghav, Audioholic, Condor, Rajesh for timely tips and inputs.

1. Is it possible to use the present HU for navigation ?

NB: A top class '15 Innova G (just 35K driven) is available for sale. If anyone interested, please pm me. Car is really genuine.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-crysta.jpg  

RGK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 12:52   #3650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post

NB: A top class '15 Innova G (just 35K driven) is available for sale. If anyone interested, please pm me. Car is really genuine.
Tried sending you a PM, But your PM limit is exceeded to accept any new messages.
Old 12th December 2023, 19:51   #3651
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Tried sending you a PM, But your PM limit is exceeded to accept any new messages.
Have cleared the old messages and sent a pm to you.
Old 13th December 2023, 17:56   #3652

Dear All,

For my Crysta 2022 AT(D), I am planning to fit 360 degree camera and Head Unit(HU) from Modifier. I was reluctant to fit anything other than stock/OE items.

However, due to the rapid technological advancements that are happening in some areas where Toyota is lagging, I had to change myself. And, recently started with head light upgrade.

And now, the 360 camera and HU.

I believe we will be losing some info if we use after market HU, even though the same info is available in the MID(Display).

My question is, if I install after market HU, will I be losing any critical info that is not available in both - current/stock HU and MID? Please advise.

Thank you!
Old 13th December 2023, 21:39   #3653
BHPian

Quote:
One fantastic feature is the boot door's automatic closure.
Was this by default? I don't thing Crysta has this feature by default. Can you get the details of where this fitment was done from it's previous owner?
Old 14th December 2023, 10:53   #3654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
General
I have recently changed ATF fluid of Crysta {2021/BS6/2.4 Automatic} at 1.1 lakh
I asked them to change ATF during one lakh service but few parts {gaskets and oil strainer} were not in stock- I had to wait for close to 2 months for the parts to arrive
Finally did it with 1.1 lakh service
Nippon Toyota insisted no need to change ATF as Toyota does not recommend ATF fluid change

But I still went ahead with it
It is a 2 day process - post ATF change transmission is noticeably smoother and noise from AT has reduced

I don't have the bill with me now - but IIRC the cost was between 10-15K {oil/parts/labour all included}
DrANTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 11:10   #3655
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirleo View Post
Was this by default? I don't thing Crysta has this feature by default. Can you get the details of where this fitment was done from it's previous owner?
Unfortunately, many are unaware of this feature. This is the default setting in the V model (AFAIK), and I discovered it after perusing a YouTube channel and verifying it with my vehicle.

Simply lower the boot delicately and leave it. The auto-closing function pulls and secures the door .

Missed few guys to thank for their inputs.. Thanks to Ex-Innova Guy and Rajesh Sundaram.

Last edited by RGK : 14th December 2023 at 11:12.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 11:26   #3656
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, many are unaware of this feature. This is the default setting in the V model (AFAIK), and I discovered it after perusing a YouTube channel and verifying it with my vehicle.
The "EASY CLOSE BACK DOOR" feature is available only in ZX MT/AT variants. I have a 2021 VX model, and this feature is not available in my car.
SKannan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 13:37   #3657
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKannan View Post
The "EASY CLOSE BACK DOOR" feature is available only in ZX MT/AT variants. I have a 2021 VX model, and this feature is not available in my car.
No it is available (soft closing of boot door) in V model as well.

(1st feature)
Old 14th December 2023, 14:03   #3658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The other thing: on a recent trip, we noticed a 10-15% difference between the speed displayed by Google Maps (on Android) and what the speedometer on the car displayed (Google Maps showed a lower reading). I presume the speedometer is accurate given a rough time/distance calculation done while driving. But just wanted to check if others have a similar observation. (The car is stock, so no reason for any deliberate error in reading).
As explained by others above, this difference is on the higher side, I have a 2010 Innova and for me, the difference is usually ~5 km/h at highway speeds. I haven't checked what is the difference for my crysta though.
Have you upsized/downsized your tyres by any chance, this could result in a higher-than-usual difference, as the speedo calibration is done with the stock tyres and alloys.
Old 14th December 2023, 16:21   #3659
BHPian

Quote:
No it is available (soft closing of boot door) in V model as well.
Ok, maybe it was deleted from 2020/21 and above VX models (I went and rechecked on my car again now )
Old 14th December 2023, 17:16   #3660
BHPian

My 2021 BS-6 Innova Crysta 2.4 Automatic - Completed 1.1 lakhs

Short Summary:

Delivered in February 2021
Attitude Black- GX variant
Absolutely stock except reverse camera and side steps
Completed 93K in 2 years
Running has come down during last year since I bought the Jetta
{From 45-50 K per year to 20-25k/year}

Positives:

Trouble free ownership so far
No DPF issues
Relatively good mileage - 14-15 for my daily commute
15-17 during high way drives { I drive with a very light foot}
No breakdowns or unexpected workshop visits so far
Excellent A/C
Superb service from Nippon Toyota

Negatives :

Not impressed with the ride quality
{it is good NOT great - old Innova had much better ride quality}
Driver seat travel is too less
Brakes are just Okay - not very confidence inspiring
Dashboard plastics are durable but feels too cheap for a 2.5/3 million rupee car

Service history:

Now on 3rd set of tires
Changed ATF fluid at 1.1 lakhs {I specifically instructed even though Toyota said it is not necessary}
Battery- stock Exide make replaced to Amaron at 86000 km
Regular 10K services only
One warranty replacement - left rear wheel bearing replaced at 80000
{I did not notice any problem- Toyota changed it during 80K service}

Highlight : I changed front stock break pads of my Crysta at 80000 km
Nippon Toyota told me this is the highest mileage ever clocked by an Automatic Crysta with stock front pads {from Kerala data base of the dealer}
I could have easily pushed 10k from the pads but changed it at 80K as I had Munnar trip coming soon

Overall smooth sailing so far
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-10.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-11.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-8.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-6.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-3.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-5.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-7.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-1.jpeg  

DrANTO is offline   (59) Thanks

Most Viewed