Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2023, 18:48   #3616
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav07 View Post

To Crysta owners in general:
How much km did you complete in your first year of ownership? During that first year, what was the average fuel economy and best achieved?
Ours is a 2021 ZX D MT. Driven about 40,000 KMs in the first year. Avg. FE hovers between 12-13 KMPL. This is with 50-50 City-Highway split, and a chauffeur with an aggressive style of driving.
buzzy_boy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 11:19   #3617
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Hi Innova Gurus,

I have shortlisted Crysta Diesel G from a preowned dealer. The 2017 Model 8 Seater vehicle has done 45k. My typical mileage will be around 20k each year, and what will be the approx support cost each year. Is it necessary to upgrade the (stock) headlights?
Old 31st October 2023, 21:02   #3618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Hi Innova Gurus,
Is it necessary to upgrade the (stock) headlights?
I am not a Innova guru, but the GX headlights have decent throw. I have been asking my dad to upgrade ours to LED'S but he doesn't listen .
If you have the money, I suggest a LED upgrade. But check the stock headlight throw to see if it is good for you

As for the running costs, ours is only a year old, so cant really comment on it.
Raghav07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 21:04   #3619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_boy View Post
Ours is a 2021 ZX D MT. Driven about 40,000 KMs in the first year. Avg. FE hovers between 12-13 KMPL. This is with 50-50 City-Highway split, and a chauffeur with an aggressive style of driving.
40K in a single year?!?. That's hella impressive. My classmates 2021 ZX AT has already hit 100k km according to him. May I know the current ODO reading as of now?
Old 1st November 2023, 10:15   #3620
BHPian

Quote:
May I know the current ODO reading as of now?
We hit 1L a couple of weeks back! Managed to add another 2.5K over the last two weeks due to long trips.
buzzy_boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 08:58   #3621
BHPian

Is it possible to add front parking sensors to the GX AT? The front parking sensors come integrated into the ZX/VX variants but are not provided on the GX. I have tried using after market front sensors but they are not very good. Would really like to have company fitted front sensors that is integrated with the dashboard display etc.

I have now completed about 18 months with my GX AT and have been very happy with the vehicle. It has it's niggles but for the most part it has been a reliable vehicle.

Old 13th November 2023, 12:37   #3622
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Innova Gurus,

I have shortlisted Crysta Diesel G from a preowned dealer. The 2017 Model 8 Seater vehicle has done 45k. My typical mileage will be around 20k each year, and what will be the approx support cost each year. Is it necessary to upgrade the (stock) headlights?
If you do night drives, it is necessary. Get better bulbs in the reflectors and bi-led projectors in the fog. For less than 10k, your lighting will be sorted.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 11:55   #3623
BHPian

Quote:

One Year of Ownership of our 2022 Innova Crysta GX AT 7 STR

How much km did you complete in your first year of ownership? During that first year, what was the average fuel economy and best achieved?

To the Diesel AT owners:
Have you ever achieved above 16 kmpl on a journey or trip? If yes, how did you achieve it, my grandfather really wants to know. What is the average fuel economy you get?

Thank you
I have a 2022 Innova Crysta GX AT.
1 - I have completed around 10k Kms in first year. Fuel economy heavily depends on the driving style in this car. Below is my analysis:
City drive - bumper-to-bumper gives around 9 KMPL.
Highway drive:
- If we drive between 80-100, you get the best mileage of around 18+.
- If we drive between 100-120, the mileage hovers around 15.
- If we drive more than 120, the mileage will be around 13.

2 - Once when I went to Bangalore to Maddur on Bangalore-Mysore highway of around 70 kms at an fixed speed of 100 kmph, I got the mileage of 19KMPL. I made the Average Fuel to 0 few kilometers before hitting the highway.

Regarding the Headlights, I feel halogen is better than LEDs. I have a 350CC bike, which has a LED headlight. The major problem with that is, when there is a vehicle in the opposite direction with their headlights on, the visibility of my bike is almost nothing. So I had to fit Aux lights to my bike. I feel this is the case with any LED lights that it gets dimmed while facing an headlight in the opposite direction. Hence I didnt plan to change the stock Halogen Headlight. And for me, this is very good.

Thanks,
Niranjan
nirleo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 07:50   #3624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
If you do night drives, it is necessary. Get better bulbs in the reflectors and bi-led projectors in the fog. For less than 10k, your lighting will be sorted.
Any suggestions /recommended brands or online stores for bi led projector fog lamps? TIA

Regards
Bravo
Old 17th November 2023, 10:25   #3625
BHPian

Quote:

To the Diesel AT owners:
Have you ever achieved above 16 kmpl on a journey or trip? If yes, how did you achieve it, my grandfather really wants to know. What is the average fuel economy you get?

Thank you
Our 2016 2.8 GX AT covered somewhere around 35-40k kilometres in the first year. At present the odometer reading is around 150k kilometres.

The best fuel economy we recorded in the first year was 14.7kmpl, and at present the fuel economy stands at 16.0kmpl. Earlier it was at 17.3kmpl, but has reduced due to an increase in the city driving of the car. (The readings are as seen in the MID, haven't tried tank-to-tank yet, but at most I would say the difference would be 1-1.2kmpl)

It is daily driven by my dad. He always keeps it in eco mode, and drives very gently. No hard acceleration at all, and will always accelerate very gently, rarely increasing the RPM to over 1.5-2k.
B747fan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 23:30   #3626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Any suggestions /recommended brands or online stores for bi led projector fog lamps? TIA

Regards
Bravo
Ride India Ride dot com for genuine HJG products. I have no personal links to them. Also, contact Blaze India on Instagram.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 21:56   #3627
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I have planned to buy a preowned Crysta manual diesel V Model and shortlisted a few.

Suddenly I noticed a top class Innova G which has just done 35K (2015 model) and I am tempted to buy. Car is brand new.

My son and a few of my friends stress Crysta over Innova. Right now, I'm a little confused. Innova & Crysta experts can voice their opinions.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 22:44   #3628
BHPian

Quote:
I have planned to buy a preowned Crysta manual diesel V Model and shortlisted a few.

Suddenly I noticed a top class Innova G which has just done 35K (2015 model) and I am tempted to buy. Car is brand new.

Innova & Crysta experts can voice their opinions.
Not an expert by any means. We had a 2015 Innova V and it did 260K Km in the same duration. My point being that we have spent considerate amount of time if not days in the car. AFAIK, 2015 model was a BS3 version. We had a very pleasant experience with the car and you can never go wrong with a Toyota. I had once driven it for around 8hrs a day and was still feeling great after the drive. As you are a TBHP member I am sure you will check out the Used Car checklist. I suppose the 2015 one will be the cheaper one but do note you should not have FOMO later on as we are already 2 generations ahead now.

I am sure Crysta owners can advice you better on the pros and cons of it but Crysta V model is really VFM in my opinion.

All the best for your purchase!
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 18:21   #3629
BHPian

Quote:

My son and a few of my friends stress Crysta over Innova. Right now, I'm a little confused. Innova & Crysta experts can voice their opinions.
As we have a Crysta in our family, I would obviously prefer Crysta. May I know the manufacturing date of the vehicle? If it is 2021-2022 it would be better considering it looks nicer and has a good infotainment compared to pre 2020 models. But if its pre-2020, it mostly will be BS4 which is less complicated without all of the DPF etc.
Old 20th November 2023, 19:30   #3630
Distinguished - BHPian

Check service history. Compare features of this one vs a Crysta. If you are ok with both, then you could go ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
AFAIK, 2015 model was a BS3 version.
2015 will be BS4.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks