Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2023, 21:54   #3601
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:

And, yes, buying a Toyota is a long term investment. The more you use, the more you can sell for later.

We booked a Hycross Hybrid VX in March this year and still waiting for the vehicle but Crysta tempted me a lot due to Diesel and thought of shifting the Hycross booking to Crysta but lack of AT is a big deal breaker for us since we wanted AT this time.
Yes, very much true. Toyota's hold their value very well.

Also, congrats on your Hycross, I'm hoping it got delivered? I am sorry you could not get a Crysta, we almost missed out on a Crysta but luckily got it allotted as we booked in May 2022, and bookings in June and July were cancelled. We booked a GX MT but got an AT instead
But I am sure you are enjoying the Hycross
If possible, could you post a pic on the thread here?
Raghav07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 22:02   #3602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav07 View Post
Yes, very much true. Toyota's hold their value very well.

Also, congrats on your Hycross, I'm hoping it got delivered? I am sorry you could not get a Crysta, we almost missed out on a Crysta but luckily got it allotted as we booked in May 2022, and bookings in June and July were cancelled. We booked a GX MT but got an AT instead
But I am sure you are enjoying the Hycross
If possible, could you post a pic on the thread here?
Yes, we got our Hycross delivered in the end of July and already crossed 7000 Kms in 2 months of ownership.

And, I had driven it for 3000 Kms before I moved out of country in mid-Aug while another 4000 Kms were driven by my dad and chauffeur.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 21:54   #3603
BHPian

Dear All,
I have a 2017 Crysta 2.8ZX pre owned which I bought last year. I upgraded/changed the ICE to Pioneer DMH-Z5290BT headunit. However offlate i find that the 7inch system is too tedious to use as it looks and feels small in the vehicle. Hence I was contemplating of replacing it with Woodman X9 android headunit which comes with custom crysta facia.

What i wanted to know from this forum is, is this is a good change or is there a better or similar unit to pioneer but with 9inch or 10inch screen? Please help
kiran_cr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 19:24   #3604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Dear All,
I have a 2017 Crysta 2.8ZX pre owned which I bought last year. I upgraded/changed the ICE to Pioneer DMH-Z5290BT headunit. However offlate i find that the 7inch system is too tedious to use as it looks and feels small in the vehicle. Hence I was contemplating of replacing it with Woodman X9 android headunit which comes with custom crysta facia.

What i wanted to know from this forum is, is this is a good change or is there a better or similar unit to pioneer but with 9inch or 10inch screen? Please help
Our variant is a GX Auto bought in 2022 and has a 8 inch touchscreen as standard.
But BHP-ian PrideRed installed a 10 inch unit on his Crysta. Attaching the link for your reference

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ce-done-6.html (Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done)

The post regarding this in #87, and on page 4.

Hope this helps you.
Raghav07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 11:15   #3605
BHPian

Quote:
DISLIKES:
Headlights - Honestly, I expected better from Toyota. A 24 lakh car with basic halogens?!. Even sub 10 lakh cars have projectors. The throw is decent with stock bulbs, but I wish we had the option for the LED projector set up like in the VX and ZX variants.
The interior reading lamps and the headlights have all been replaced with LEDs in my 2022-Jun Innova Crysta GX AT 8 Str.

Quote:
To Crysta owners in general:
How much km did you complete in your first year of ownership?
During that first year, what was the average fuel economy and best achieved?
Completed 9.5K kms in the first one year of ownership and below are some specifics on the FE.
City - Between 9 and 12 KMPL - depends on whether I drive in bumper-to-bumper traffic or on empty roads at non-peak hours.
Highway - Between 11 and 15 KMPL depending on the style of driving. If I drive conciously to achieve a FE, then I either drive on light foot or just depend upon the Cruise Control. Cruise Control between 70 and 110 KMPH can give you unbelievable FE figures.

Quote:
To the Diesel AT owners:
Have you ever achieved above 16 kmpl on a journey or trip? If yes, how did you achieve it, my grandfather really wants to know.
What is the average fuel economy you get?
Perhaps not on an entire trip, but between Point-A and Point-B (roughly a 35 KMS stretch) on the Mysore Expressway at a speed of 80kmph (on cruise control), I have achieved 25KMPL.
Moving from a Manual to an Automatic and the readily-available view of Current FE and Average FE, I have mellowed down a bit on the driving style. And On an average, I extract a Fuel Efficiency of 10-15 kmpl between city and highways.
msarunms1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 18:22   #3606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msarunms1987 View Post
The interior reading lamps and the headlights have all been replaced with LEDs in my 2022-Jun Innova Crysta GX AT 8 Str.
Thank you sir for your valuable inputs. Will be sure to use cruise control more on the highways. On the headlights, upgrading to LEDs is good, but I like the look of the projector setup in the higher variants. 25 kmpl is really good for a Crysta AT.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th October 2023 at 05:54. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please don't quote large posts entirely. Thanks!
Raghav07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 11:11   #3607
BHPian

For headlight illumination, skip the LED bulbs in reflectors and go for LED projector foglamps. They provide immense value for money and are basically plug-and-play. The very popular M617 should fit.
Amrit@wheels is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 23:04   #3608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
I have a 2017 Crysta 2.8ZX pre owned which I bought last year.
There are ample videos on YouTube on 9 or 10 inch head unit installation on Innova Crysta.

Some links for your reference

I find this guy, VIG accessories, having posted many customer testimonies too.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th October 2023 at 02:09. Reason: Quote fixed.
cs_rajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 14:07   #3609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Remember that the DPF can't clog on its own. It needs soot or some other contaminant to clog it up thus causing excess differential pressure which will throw the DPF full error and warning.
After the DPF full error, ASC replaced all injectors on warranty during Oct'22 (10 months from purchase) and DPF is triggering at every 150-200km interval. The issue is that the DPF is showing 1 bar almost for 130-150km and there is sudden progression from 1 bar to 4 bar. Does it happen to others as well?
Innysta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 09:33   #3610
BHPian

Quote:
Our variant is a GX Auto bought in 2022 and has a 8 inch touchscreen as standard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
There are ample videos on YouTube on 9 or 10 inch head unit installation on Innova Crysta.
Thank you very much for your responses. Based on the responses received, I guess Pioneer DMH AF555BT is a perfect solution for my upgrade. Will try to find out if there is an easy way to exchange the existing head-unit with the proposed one.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th October 2023 at 02:08. Reason: Quote trimmed, typos fixed.
kiran_cr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2023, 20:59   #3611
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innysta View Post
After the DPF full error, ASC replaced all injectors on warranty during Oct'22 (10 months from purchase) and DPF is triggering at every 150-200km interval. The issue is that the DPF is showing 1 bar almost for 130-150km and there is sudden progression from 1 bar to 4 bar. Does it happen to others as well?
My car doesn’t show the DPF status. But from what I have understood, the auto regen is triggered when DPF reaches 3-4 bars. In that case if you say its getting triggered at 4th bar around 200kms, it should be fine except that the staging of these bars is not accurate. But perhaps others who own the newer variant with DPF status display can comment.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 14:17   #3612
BHPian

Quote:

IMHO, the sudden increase from 1 to 4 bars is likely to be less of a concern to us than the (automatic or background) kickstarting of DPF clearing which if it does not then there will be a DPF full error. If I understand the design right, then Toyota aims for the situation that a customer should ideally not face the DPF full error and rather at regular intervals (say 4 bar when reached), the DPF clearing should start and effectively clear the particulates.

In my car, when the DPF clearing starts? after crossing 4 bars; whether the DPF clearing starts after 150-200 km, that I can't say. With city driving and heavy traffic conditions, the DPF content enough to trigger the cleaning, arrives well before even 100 km.
cs_rajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 20:44   #3613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
My car doesn’t show the DPF status.
I believe yours may be a TC automatic. Doesn't it have a button below steering wheel next to hood open lever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
IMHO, the sudden increase from 1 to 4 bars is likely to be less of a concern to us than the (automatic or background) kickstarting of DPF clearing which if it does not then there will be a DPF full error.
In my previous DPF full error issue, the pattern of indication was same, DPF icon jumped from 2nd icon to 8th icon in less than 20km and to 9th icon few min after showing 8th icon. Result: Stranded on the road with reduced power (engine haul at 20km speed) when family was in the car. Thanks that it happened on city roads. Not a sign of a Toyota anyone can imagine
So, always anxious when DPF progression happens very fast.

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th October 2023 at 00:00. Reason: Typos.
Innysta is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th October 2023, 11:35   #3614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post
I have been having extremely bad luck and my crysta has suffered. So on the night of July 10th, visited my regular petrol pump to tank up the car after the 1st year service was completed earlier that day. After filling the tank, was just completing the payment with the attendant when i started to notice that the diesel was leaking from underneath the car. Immediately put the car to the side and called Toyota on road service and the service advisor. He was surprised to hear this as well since they too hadn't seen anything unusual earlier in the day during the regular service check (No tank damage, loose pipe, etc.). While all this was going on, I borrowed a tray from the fuel pump service guys and placed it underneath the car. My best guess is about 3-4 litres of diesel would have leaked before i could get the trays placed under the car. After a wait of about 10 minutes it all stopped leaking and on the advice of guys from toyota drove home (toyota on road service said would take them 2 hours to reach the location since they had only limited staff). I must mention I was obviously a little skeptical and tense at the same time.

After reaching home, immediately did a thorough check with the torchlight by getting underneath the car as best as i could and checking all fuel lines as well as the engine bay, to just see if anything was off. In the engine bay immediately noticed a few scuff marks on the wires (not too deep, assuming any leakage there it would have been caught in the service) and that made me think that it could be the cause of rats and maybe they had bitten the fuel lines.

Next morning, toyota on road service guys showed up and we jacked up the car and my suspicion was confirmed, it was the work of rats most probably as there does not seem to be any wear and tear due to rubbing or incision. The return hose pipe from the fuel tank was ruptured and this would show up only if tank was filled full. That explained why it didn't get picked up at the service and I hadn't noticed since my last full tank was a month back.

Attached the picture of damage to the return hose pipe due to rat bite. It is about a 0.5 inch in diameter hole.
Hi Mile10,
Can you please tell me how you handled this situation? Did you go with insurance claim and replaced the whole fuel tank or went to FNG to replace only the affected child part?

I am also in the same situation as I was told by my SA that there was a rat bite in the "Fuel Return hose pipe" and need to replace the whole fuel tank. But since the child part is available on boodmo for INR 415, im thinking of getting it replaced by FNG.

Link: https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-hose..._tube-6718641/

Another question is do FNG guys do a clean job since its related to fuel tank and its child parts?

It would be of great help if anyone from this forum can suggest a good FNG in South Chennai specifically on OMR to do this job?

Thanks in Advance.
Old 26th October 2023, 18:11   #3615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

In my 2022 October Diesel GX Auto Crysta, since we mainly use it for Highways, the first bar sometimes stays for 200 km after which it progresses to 2nd and 3rd in the next 150 kilometers and by 400 kilometers it would reach the 3rd or 4th bar after which the regen starts.

When its used a little more in the city, it starts at around the 300-350 km mark but it has been progressive all the time. The car has run around 15 thousand kilometers.

I drive with a light foot most of the time with speeds on the highway hovering at 90-100 and lifting the foot off the accelerator for a split second to get it to move to 6th above 70-80 quickly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks