Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2022, 22:59   #3391
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.nayak View Post
This is crazy. Sorry to see that you have had this problem.
How long have you had the vehicle? Definitely not a good look for Toyota.

Just curious, if this is related to timely replenishment of AdBlue?
11 months. 12500km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Adblue is not related to DPF in any way. The exhaust gases first flow into the DPF where soot is removed, and then further flows down to the SCR unit where it passes through a catalyst which is regularly coated with a spray of adblue. So the DPF and SCR system work independently of each other and is also positioned quite far apart in the vehicle itself. The DPF sits right after the turbocharger outlet and the SCR system is below the car.
Can you pls take a photo of DPF and SCR?. I thought both are positioned at underbody with DPF first in the exhaust manifold and SCR at the middle. Isn't it?
Old 1st December 2022, 23:39   #3392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innysta View Post
11 months. 12500km.

Can you pls take a photo of DPF and SCR?. I thought both are positioned at underbody with DPF first in the exhaust manifold and SCR at the middle. Isn't it?
After exhaust manifold there is turbocharger, followed by a big cylinder that contains DOC(Diesel oxidation catalyst) followed by DPF. DOC uses the diesel injected into the exhaust by the fifth injector to raise temperature for the DPF to burn soot and regenerate. This is fixed to the exhaust manifold itself and is a part of the engine bay. Then there is a downpipe that goes below the car and there you find the Adblue Injector which is at the bottom of the downpipe. After this you find the first chamber which contains the SCR Catalyst which is always coated with Adblue. Then further backwards you find another chamber which contains the NOx Oxidation catalyst. I am not in a position to click and share photos but Toyotas exhaust after treatment is elaborately explained in the internet. Since it's so complex, it leads to such cost increases for the BS6 cars since the DPF+SCR combination is quite complex.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 22:53   #3393

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
I wish to upgrade my 2019 Crysta 2.8 GX to 2022 Bumper and Headlight. Any feedback on doing this and where to do in Bangalore?
Upgrading the bumpers is fairly a straight forward job. You can upgrade the front bumper at the dealership itself. Although it's pricing might be on the the higher side around 50k if I am not wrong .It includes the bumper, grill and the indicator lamp.
If you are referring to the headlights in V & Z variants, it costs around 80k for a pair at the dealership and I don't think dealerships helps in installing those on your GX variant.
However there is a guy on Instagram who does this job at around 35-40k with used headlights. His insta handle is Autovity Car Upgradation. You can try contacting him.
donjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 12:37   #3394

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta delisted from official website

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Got the OEM side step installed today, as parents were feeling a slight discomfort during embarkation given the height. Cost 18k.

Also asked regarding the TPMS: a fourth SA across three service centres to advise against getting it. I told him that the anniversary edition got it factory-fitted, but he claims the sensors are quite problematic. Very surprising.
Toyota TGA accessory story is quite funny. Every dealer in Bangalore quote different price and has different recommendations. I wanted to install auto folding OVRMs and surprised to see that the price difference is huge from one dealer to other.

I also enquired about the TPMS and 360 degree camera. SA strongly advised not to go with the TGA TPMS because of unreliable readings.
He suggested to go for the aftermarket 360 degree camera (MOCO, SDHC or MODIBER) brand. The price varies from INR 31000 to INR 36000.

I saw 360 camera is mentioned in the Toyota crysta genuine accessories list ( https://www.toyotabharat.com/documen...ochure-tga.pdf ) but it is not available with any dealership in Bangalore. To get more details on the availability and installations, I contacted the General manager of Nandi Toyota services and he assured me to check and update on that.

May I know if any one here got the TGA 360 camera installed for Crysta ?

Regarding the TGA side step, I did not find it much useful as it is very difficult to put toe on that. I got it checked at the time of service and SA assured me to correct the installation and will move the side step little outside so that it can be used properly. This issue is still pending as I did not get time to visit the service center. Will update as soon as I'll get it done.

Regards,
Jay
Old 5th December 2022, 23:07   #3395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle_jay View Post
May I know if any one here got the TGA 360 camera installed for Crysta?
Yes I had got the 360 degree camera (Toyota genuine accessory) along with several other accessories installed prior to delivery of my Innova Crysta 2.4 diesel Gx automatic in the middle of June of this year. Though the camera is on the pricier side, it has turned out to be almost a lifesaver in the extremely heavy traffic of Hyderabad where I use the car most of the time I.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 6th December 2022 at 08:31. Reason: Trimming quoted post
Narendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 10:20   #3396
BHPian

Quote:
May I know if any one here got the TGA 360 camera installed for Crysta ?
Jay
Yes, I have got it from Toyota dealer in June this year. I would not rate is as the best one (what comes in stock in XUV700 is excellent). But it works, still cant trust the edges.
nirleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 21:49   #3397
BHPian

The coolant level (pink) on cold engine is at "L" mark and the "H" mark is just 4cm above. Checked with ASC technician and he says that it is perfectly fine with the coolant level at "L" which looks like 90% of coolant tank capacity. He says that the level should not go well below "L" say below 50% of tank capacity. Surprised why not topup till "H" level. What is the desired level?

Last edited by Innysta : 6th December 2022 at 21:49. Reason: Changed%
Old 7th December 2022, 20:35   #3398

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirleo View Post
Yes, I have got it from Toyota dealer in June this year. I would not rate is as the best one (what comes in stock in XUV700 is excellent). But it works, still cant trust the edges.
If you done mind, can you please share the details of dealer and price for the camera ? Did you install only the camera or the complete kit ?
I checked today again with the dealerships in Bangalore and got the reply that it is not available with TKM

Regards,
Jay
Old 8th December 2022, 11:13   #3399
BHPian

Quote:
If you done mind, can you please share the details of dealer and price for the camera ? Did you install only the camera or the complete kit ?
I checked today again with the dealerships in Bangalore and got the reply that it is not available with TKM

Regards,
Jay
I got it installed from the Viva Toyota, Mysore Road. I got the entire kit installed for 35k. I just checked and it is available in the same branch as well as the Hebbala branch. You can reach out to Meena (+91 99001 10751) (refer my name - Niranjan) and she will help you.
nirleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 21:54   #3400

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirleo View Post
I got it installed from the Viva Toyota, Mysore Road. I got the entire kit installed for 35k. I just checked and it is available in the same branch as well as the Hebbala branch. You can reach out to Meena (+91 99001 10751) (refer my name - Niranjan) and she will help you.
That would be great !!! Thank you so very much Mr. Niranjan

Regards,
Jay
Old 10th December 2022, 12:41   #3401
BHPian

Hello BHPians,
I have a small query with regard to the warranty. We took delivery of Innova Crysta 2.4 Z AT in August 2022. I have received a User manual and no owners manual.
While I was going through the User manual, there is a warranty registration card page.
In that there is a column with ‘The original speedometer was replaced on’. During the delivery the SA took a signature in that column.
There is no other details which are filled in that column (Date, At, km and signature). These are the information which was required in that column, but only the signature was taken. Also, the delivery date which is mentioned is 4 days prior to the date I actually took delivery and all the insurance and extended warranty starts from the prior date which is mentioned on the user manual.
Can any of the members confirm if they made a signature in this column while taking delivery and also why is it required when the speedometer is not changed? (At least that is what I think)

Thank you.
Old 20th December 2022, 17:01   #3402
Senior - BHPian

Toyota offering upto 50% Off on Innova Accessories. The offer is valid till stock lasts.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-fkaodn_uyaaj3oq.jpg  

Old 22nd December 2022, 20:31   #3403
Distinguished - BHPian

Lighting setup of my Crysta that I am absolutely loving during night drives these days. The setup consists of a total of six bulbs which turn on at max capacity and will be the best lighting setup I have experienced in a car without harming oncoming traffic(low beam). I use the high beam only when I need the oncoming vehicle to dip their beam and that has 100% success rate

1. Low beams - Stock LED with projector
2. High beams - Osram HB3 LED replaced the stock halogens
3. Fog lights - Projectors with H11 HID bulbs which support both high and low beam
Here is the output -

Low beam
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-92e884996c804010b085043e40d9c971.jpeg

Low beam + high beam
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-25eb5a99ef694694a1c720ba673c9ca0.jpeg

Dual low beam with fog
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-7c010392c2c84ff78d6abf383b7c13e7.jpeg

Dual high beam with all six bulbs lighting up
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-66e5edcb3cff4a828e844f92f1df8ea4.jpeg

If you notice the low beam of both pairs of lights are focused to stay low and offer a superb spread and won't harm even low height cars like the Alto ahead. High beam is a different story altogether and I am very considerate where it is used.

Last edited by audioholic : 22nd December 2022 at 20:36.
audioholic is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 21:13   #3404
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO28 View Post
Can any of the members confirm if they made a signature in this column while taking delivery and also why is it required when the speedometer is not changed? (At least that is what I think)
No such thing was asked for / collected when I took delivery in July '22, of my ZX AT. About the date being earlier, it can be a few days +/- from the actual date depending on when the dealer puts it in the system. But the two together may not be a coincidence - check with a service centre on the history for your VIN / reg. no.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 21:48   #3405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
No such thing was asked for / collected when I took delivery in July '22, of my ZX AT. About the date being earlier, it can be a few days +/- from the actual date depending on when the dealer puts it in the system. But the two together may not be a coincidence - check with a service centre on the history for your VIN / reg. no.
Thank you for the reply.
I actually wrote to Toyota and they called me and asked for the information. They created a request and sent it to the dealer. The customer support head from the dealership called me and told me that the date varies because they have to send the vehicle for registration and they need to invoice the car before that since they have to send the documents to the RTO.

I had also opted for a choice number, in order for the number to be assigned, there has to be an invoice for the vehicle and there are other formalities as well such as HSRP and everything. So, maybe the difference in dates is because of that.

With regard to the signature I really don’t know what that is yet. That is actually the warranty registration card of the vehicle. But the signature was taken in ‘Change of Speedometer’ column. I don’t know if they would have done anything with the car since the car was only 10 days old from manufacture when I took the delivery of the vehicle.

Could you check if there is the warranty registration page in your user manual and you haven’t signed it?

Thank you.

Most Viewed