Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2022, 11:19   #3376
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
These companies are just exploiting skilled workers like him. How can he survive in a city like Bangalore with 13K as salary? I have no clue.

So these scams are perpetuated at the knowledge of dealer as well as the manufacturer. Most salary is offered as commissions not as base pay. Whether this is right or wrong I am no one to decide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Sad state of affairs but I think this is the reality of all service industry’s, not only limited to auto. Most have resorted to very low bse pay and incentivise unnecessary add-ons that bring high margin for the dealership.
If one thinks deep, it’ll basically boil down to corruption at land level, at least here in Bombay. The rent ends up being so prohibitively expensive that margins end up being wafer thin, so the owners will resort to such tactics. Unfortunately mutual scamming is the way to survive in India, is what I have realised and come to accept , much as I hate it.
Such behaviour is pervasive across all sectors, take schools for example - costs minimum 1-1.5L INR for playgroup/nursery in Bombay, more if you live in posh-er areas of Bombay.

It’s a sad sad state of affairs
While I agree with what RJK has mentioned w.r.t the education sector, the example above is not the best judge of state of affairs across all industries.

Working at an entry level for a sales job at a dealership after BTech is not the best use of one's education and rather it is out of sync honestly. These jobs have low salary from the start as anyone can apply and become a SA. The pay structure is designed towards incentivizing sales and sales only. At times these guys receive 2x-3x of their monthly pay as commissions. Over time when this guys goes up the chain, his salary can reach upto 10-12 Lacs p.a. - pretty good for a sales only job which requires no capital investment or specialized certification in any technical area.

However, my worry is that same structure of rewards and commissions has spread across Education and Healthcare - two critical sectors that have tremendous impact on people's lives. These two sectors should not be treated as "Trading". But sadly that is how these sectors are being treated.

Last edited by sunilch : 8th November 2022 at 11:21.
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 12:03   #3377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post

Working at an entry level for a sales job at a dealership after BTech is not the best use of one's education and rather it is out of sync honestly. These jobs have low salary from the start as anyone can apply and become a SA. The pay structure is designed towards incentivizing sales and sales only. At times these guys receive 2x-3x of their monthly pay as commissions.
To be clear, this guy was a service advisor. He was working in body shop. Don't think any one can apply for such jobs and need some skills. They have to really upsell accessories and scams mentioned above to make a decent living.
poloman is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 12:10   #3378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I have the stock tyres, Bridgestone 205-65-R16.

I will drive another Innova in my building which is a top ZX version with 17 inch tyres though.

If someone in Mumbai has recently got an Innova Crysta, can you please ping?

I have pinged him. Thanks a ton for pointing this out. Let me speak to him once and see what we come up with.

Then I can see if I need to approach Toyota again for this.

Anyone with recommendations for the best Toyota service station in Mumbai and preferably with someone they know there, that would be the best way to address this.
You can try Madhuban Toyota Kurla or Lakozy Toyota Malad, As seen in my thread, Millennium committed a huge blunder last time but rest assured, I feel like maybe I took it a little too seriously since it could probably be attributed to human error. Millennium and Madhuban also have the best technical team, to be very honest. Trust Millennium Toyota Thane, they won't take you for a ride but please look out for additional charges such as Gloss Mech care, AC disinfectant, etc. These are all bogus scams
Old 10th November 2022, 10:55   #3379
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, just so that I am clear, its only the steering column and not the assembly they would replace right? Adding the Boodmo link just for reference.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-45250_0k100-39663757/

This one right? So nothing of the wheel alignment etc should change right?
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20221110-10.52.54-am.jpeg
This is what was replaced. The small rubber thingy round one you see was added to arrest the play, but didnt work. Hope this helps. Root Cause was excessive play. The WA will be done as per process, so check it out with the folks at your Workshop TASS.
roadjourno is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 17:12   #3380
Senior - BHPian

From 2021 onwards I had removed the loud horns from my crysta and installed the stock horns back. This started out as a trial to see if stock horns are heard in traffic and on open highways and realised that I didn't need loud horns in most situations. So decided to retain the stock horns. Then i found these denso horns on the net and wanted to try it out. I believe this denso came as OE in some toyotas and other vehicles.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-denso_roots_1.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-denso_roots_2.jpg

Stock crysta horns are 12v 3A made by roots in India, they measure ~80mm in diameter. The denso horn is 12v 4A and made in Indonesia, they measure ~69mm in diameter.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 17:25   #3381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
So decided to retain the stock horns. Then i found these denso horns on the net and wanted to try it out. I believe this denso came as OE in some toyotas and other vehicles.
My Crysta came with Denso as the stock horns itself as well as the Siren. They are pretty shrill and loud to my liking. Compared to that, I had brought a pair of Densos locally made for my Celerio few years ago and they were horrible and went kaput in a few years. Then realised there is a lot of difference in performance and quality between whats supplied to toyota as OE and whats sold locally.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 17:40   #3382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
My Crysta came with Denso as the stock horns itself as well as the Siren. They are pretty shrill and loud to my liking. Compared to that, I had brought a pair of Densos locally made for my Celerio few years ago and they were horrible and went kaput in a few years. Then realised there is a lot of difference in performance and quality between whats supplied to toyota as OE and whats sold locally.
Denso in toyota OE packing would have undergone more stringent QC . I'm glad to know that the new crysta come with denso horns, if/when this fails I will buy the new crysta OE denso horns.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 20:46   #3383

So added another Toyota to the garage.
We took the delivery of Innova Crysta 2.4Z MT in super white colour on October 31, 2022, from Commercial Toyota, Haldwani.

During PDI as per Team-BHP PDI Check List.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_2114.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_2121.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_2122.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_2128.jpg
Travel4X4 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 19:18   #3384
BHPian

2.4 GX MT Crysta Diesel - Had power loss while driving today. On pressing accelerator, car just crawled in idle speed and luckily reached in front of the house and switched off automatically ��. When i tried cranking, shows battery low indication. Vehicle was at home for a week, was cranked and ran idling for few min.
Vehicle just overcame DPF clogging issue (DPF icon jumped from 2 to 9 all of a sudden and had to force clean) 2 weeks ago. Called up RSA for battery jump start as the first solution. Didnt expect this from Toyota�� It sinks..
Innysta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 06:43   #3385
BHPian

Quote:
When going over certain potholes or rumblers at certain angles, the steering makes a katak noise, its not always but only at certain angles, is that normal? Its there since day 1
Same problem with our crysta July 2022 model. Katak noise from steering over bad roads since day 1. Service center guys said it's normal when I got it checked during the first service. Did you find any solution to your problem?
Old 24th November 2022, 11:32   #3386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i View Post
Same problem with our crysta July 2022 model. Katak noise from steering over bad roads since day 1. Service center guys said it's normal when I got it checked during the first service. Did you find any solution to your problem?
Somehow in my car, the noise vanished on its own. I adjusted the steering to a different position and voila, it was gone. Its been 1000 km I have not heard it, I will still monitor it more.
humyum is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 16:11   #3387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innysta View Post
2.4 GX MT Crysta Diesel - Had power loss while driving today. On pressing accelerator, car just crawled in idle speed and luckily reached in front of the house and switched off automatically ��. When i tried cranking, shows battery low indication. Vehicle was at home for a week, was cranked and ran idling for few min.
Vehicle just overcame DPF clogging issue (DPF icon jumped from 2 to 9 all of a sudden and had to force clean) 2 weeks ago. Called up RSA for battery jump start as the first solution. Didnt expect this from Toyota�� It sinks..
  1. Under warranty, they replaced the entire unit of DPF from EGR valve, EGR pipeline, Converter sub-assy exhaust manifold, All injectors. Can someone help show the above parts in the car?
  2. Feel very disappointed of the let down by Toyota in 11 months of ownership, there is no VFM for the premium paid and they take chances on customer's life, have requested ASC to send a feedback to Toyoto India for a call back.
  3. ASC is proudly saying we replaced INR 1.5L worth of product free of cost under warranty but don't know the cause of it. Having failed in Conformity of Production (COP) emissions tests, it seems Diesel production is stopped to rectify the issue instead of sugar coating in the media updates as "supply chain issue". Shame on you Toyota.
  4. High time to initiate recall without playing with customers' life.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-dpf_replacement_warrantybill.png
Innysta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 09:44   #3388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innysta View Post
  1. Under warranty, they replaced the entire unit of DPF from EGR valve, EGR pipeline, Converter sub-assy exhaust manifold, All injectors. Can someone help show the above parts in the car?
  2. Feel very disappointed of the let down by Toyota in 11 months of ownership, there is no VFM for the premium paid and they take chances on customer's life, have requested ASC to send a feedback to Toyoto India for a call back.
  3. ASC is proudly saying we replaced INR 1.5L worth of product free of cost under warranty but don't know the cause of it. Having failed in Conformity of Production (COP) emissions tests, it seems Diesel production is stopped to rectify the issue instead of sugar coating in the media updates as "supply chain issue". Shame on you Toyota.
  4. High time to initiate recall without playing with customers' life.
Attachment 2383887
This is crazy. Sorry to see that you have had this problem.
How long have you had the vehicle? Definitely not a good look for Toyota.

Just curious, if this is related to timely replenishment of AdBlue?

nikhil.nayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 10:22   #3389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.nayak View Post

Just curious, if this is related to timely replenishment of AdBlue?
Adblue is not related to DPF in any way. The exhaust gases first flow into the DPF where soot is removed, and then further flows down to the SCR unit where it passes through a catalyst which is regularly coated with a spray of adblue. So the DPF and SCR system work independently of each other and is also positioned quite far apart in the vehicle itself. The DPF sits right after the turbocharger outlet and the SCR system is below the car.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 20:25   #3390
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta delisted from official website

Got the OEM side step installed today, as parents were feeling a slight discomfort during embarkation given the height. Cost 18k.

Also asked regarding the TPMS: a fourth SA across three service centres to advise against getting it. I told him that the anniversary edition got it factory-fitted, but he claims the sensors are quite problematic. Very surprising.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks