Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2021, 08:38   #2476
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

I have the 2.8 AT Crysta and it has done 120000 kms. I had a tyre change around the 65000 mark. I have notice I would most likely need a new set of tyres soon.

What is recommended if I slightly upsize. Also my spare tyre has never been used even once and is nearly 5 years old. Can I use it still ? Or is it a bit risky ? I have never had the opportunity to change. Always seen a flat overnight so always got it repaired and never thought I should keep rotating.
Old 7th February 2021, 08:40   #2477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restart View Post
Or can anybody suggest any other good branded mats from accessory dealer that are good? I live in Hyderabad but I am willing to book them from any city in India. The car delivery is due in a month.
Quite a few people have gone with 7D mats. Here is one post (Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review) regarding the same. Search for 7D in that post.
Avinash_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 08:58   #2478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I live in Hyderabad but I am willing to book them from any city in India. The car delivery is due in a month.
I use the 7D one that I picked up online from Elegant Auto via Amazon. It’s been two plus years and it’s a fantastic set of mats. Costed me around 7K. They do have different shade options too. I am not sure of the price now.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 13:57   #2479
BHPian

I have booked Innova Crysta Z AT diesel. I want opinion of fellow bhpians regarding 16 inch vs 17 inch rim size of Innova available in GX vs Z variant. Is the ride quality noticeably better with 16 inch wheels? Also,is the tyre bursting issue solved for good or should I consider a tyre upgrade as soon as I get delivery of the vehicle.
Old 7th February 2021, 16:58   #2480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Call up the dealership that did your previous service and ask them what was the amount of brake pads left at 30000 kms service. If it's near 4mm left, I'll recommend changing it since you have already run another 4000 kms to by now.
Thank you for the suggestion. I will get the pads changed in the next service. Previous service has been don nearly a year back (low running due to covid).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Rear brake shoes hardly wear out and not as early as 30000Km, so they must have indeed meant front brake pads and not the rear brake shoes.

It may be worthwhile to try different brake pads for a change (hopefully for the better since OE is honestly not that great!). For the next change I have TVS HiPer brake pads in my mind.

https://tvsgirling.com/project/brake-pads/

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-brak...mbly-39581316/
Thank you for the info provided. Now I am quite sure that the brake pads mentioned in my invoice are of front.
I doubt whether the service center accepts to replace the brake pads supplied by the customer. I will talk to them regarding this, and check out the other options.
Old 7th February 2021, 17:53   #2481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post
Thank you for the info provided. Now I am quite sure that the brake pads mentioned in my invoice are of front.
I doubt whether the service center accepts to replace the brake pads supplied by the customer. I will talk to them regarding this, and check out the other options.
I have had issues with OE brake pads leaving pad material onto the rotor and that also contributed to the judder. This is after taking special care not to keep the brakes applied on a hot rotor after coming to a stop (AT). This is why I said it might be worth trying another set.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 18:05   #2482
BHPian

Quote:
Did anybody get mats from showroom dealer?
I took the fabric premium mats in 2019 when we got the Innova for the cabin and the boot. However, given the dusty situation here in Delhi, they used to get dirty super soon, so I have the Kagu 3D mats put over them which are sturdy and relatively easy to clean.
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 22:31   #2483
BANNED

Quote:
Innova has a 5 link rear suspension. Two lower control arms, two upper control arms (triangulated) and a panhard bar. This is a standard suspension layout for a solid axle rear wheel drive body on frame vehicle.

Fortuner also has an identical layout including spring and shock location, and so does a Prado but with spring seated on axle, instead of in the lower arm like fortuner/innova, for more articulation.

I have attached some pictures of ford focus 2013, an entry level sedan car, for the price point the design is quite neatly done, while Toyota not willing offer such neat design for a pricey cars, that's really questionable.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20200227_182214.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20200227_182211.jpg  

Old 7th February 2021, 22:53   #2484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamhaj16 View Post
I have attached some pictures of ford focus 2013, an entry level sedan car, for the price point the design is quite neatly done, while Toyota not willing offer such neat design for a pricey cars, that's really questionable.
Ford Focus ≠ Toyota Innova
Toyota Innova ≠ Ford Focus

When Ford maketh an Innova competitor in India we hope they come out with whatever suspension they deem fit

Last edited by Sankar : 7th February 2021 at 23:03.
Sankar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 08:45   #2485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encyclopedic View Post
I have booked Innova Crysta Z AT diesel. I want opinion of fellow bhpians regarding 16 inch vs 17 inch rim size of Innova available in GX vs Z variant. Is the ride quality noticeably better with 16 inch wheels? Also,is the tyre bursting issue solved for good or should I consider a tyre upgrade as soon as I get delivery of the vehicle.
I prefer slightly stiffer ride of 17 inches over to 16. The latter feels softer and is confidence inspiring in bad roads but on a 4 lane highway, car drives better with 17. Any low profile tyres need to be cared a lot and these 17 inches are no different.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 15:53   #2486
BHPian

Quote:
I have had issues with OE brake pads leaving pad material onto the rotor and that also contributed to the judder. This is after taking special care not to keep the brakes applied on a hot rotor after coming to a stop (AT). This is why I said it might be worth trying another set.
Decided to go with TVS Girling brake pads, thanks for the link.

By the way I owe one more thanks to you : Immediately after taking delivery of crysta, I have upgraded stock Bridgestone to Michelin Primacy SUV 215/65/16 (inspired by your thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...de-thread.html (Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)). A very good decision taken. The tyres never disappointed me on any kind of roads. Now at 34K, they still look new without any punctures.
vsun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 19:53   #2487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone tried Brembo pads? Any feedback?
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 19:58   #2488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

By the way I owe one more thanks to you : Immediately after taking delivery of crysta, I have upgraded stock Bridgestone to Michelin Primacy SUV 215/65/16 (inspired by your thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...de-thread.html (Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)). A very good decision taken. The tyres never disappointed me on any kind of roads. Now at 34K, they still look new without any punctures.
Great! Btw I also bought a set of the same HiPer pads. Its too early to use them now, so I will keep it for the next change. Primacy SUVs are great tyres for the Innova and that particular size is apt for our roads.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 21:49   #2489
BHPian

Quote:

I am planning on going with either fabric premium or rubber. Did anybody get mats from showroom dealer?
I got the fabric standard and plastic mats complimentary from the dealer. They do the job for the front and middle section. However they don't offer coverage for the boot or 3rd row of seats.

So bought autoform trunk mat and black grass carpet for the third row area for additional 2900 bucks.

I prefer the plastic mats over 7d as they are easier to clean during the rainy season

Last edited by sid_deb : 9th February 2021 at 22:03.
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 11:09   #2490
Senior - BHPian

TVS Hiper brake pads for Crysta. Bought it, Got it. But I don't think I need these at least for the next 10000kms.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20210212_105857.jpg
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks