Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2022, 10:45   #3166
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshnag75 View Post
I must share the excellent experience I had with my Crysta 2.7 Z in a long drive across the country.
Congratulations on completing this long drive. I do not recall having any travelogue of the petrol AT variant of Crysta since an apparent belief prevails that one who does not do highways ends up buying petrol which you have changed. So my sincere advice would be to write a detailed travelogue to celebrate the triumph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msarunms1987 View Post
6. Illuminated Scuff plates (family feebly pointed out that they liked the automatic climate control - read it as button control over knobs. But since I couldnt go for the ZX for various reasons, I thought I could delight them with some aesthetics like this)

I am still in a dilemma whether I should spend a bomb on Ceramic Coating
Congratulations for the Crysta. More useful than illuminated scuff plates would have been under the door lamps (puddle lamps / welcome lamps) as they would light up the ground where you are about to touch down while getting out of car.

Regarding ceramic, up to you, but if you can do PPF on the door borders and behind door handle concave cutouts that would be true protection. Try also getting those door edge protector and door chrome beads. Over last 3 years they have protected the doors countless number of times. Another useful one is rear bumper step guards to protect bruises while loading luggage and bike protector and corner guards for bumper. You can find some pics here below

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4674101 (Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirleo View Post
Hello,

3. Steering leather
15. Baby seat (since mine is a 7s. This will make the 2nd row like a bench seat whenever needed).

I personally miss the Start button feature.

Thanks
Be careful with steering cover, is the dealer doing it? Not sure if any design changed but there being a air bag inside the steering wheel center area, dealer refused to even touch it for fear of any future issue or warranty violation.

Can you post any picture of middle seat becoming bench with baby seat?

Lastly the start stop button has a small security risk, making storing of the keyfob tricky. See this thread
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tea...en-delhi%3famp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannu View Post
My recently purchased Crysta 2.4 Zx AT has done close to 3000kms. The mileage I am getting seems very low. About 9kmpl in city and 11-12kmpl on highways. I rarely cross 100kmph.
I just wanted to know am I missing something here or how to extract best mileage.
Thanks in advance.
Try normal mode in city and see if with your driving style accomplishes higher mileage in City, worked for me.

Quote:
I did not quite fully understand one thing though. Why does the MID show 14 KM / 100 Litre instead of 14KM/Litre? Is there some setting that I am missing?
It's easy to change, see below steps from time marker 1:45 onwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechb63 View Post

The size of the vehicle also helps when you are on the road. Other road users do notice you and combined with the surge of torque and your sheer presence, overtaking became way too easy on the highway.
I got around several times to get past the car at front (if it's a smaller one like hatchback) to throw dipper while matching speeds, 90% of the time they give way to you seeing "this real big daddy" behind them.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th July 2022 at 13:17. Reason: typo edited
haisaikat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 11:52   #3167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Congratulations for the Crysta. More useful than illuminated scuff plates would have been under the door lamps (puddle lamps / welcome lamps) as they would light up the ground where you are about to touch down while getting out of car.

Regarding ceramic, up to you, but if you can do PPF on the door borders and behind door handle concave cutouts that would be true protection. Try also getting those door edge protector and door chrome beads. Over last 3 years they have protected the doors countless number of times. Another useful one is rear bumper step guards to protect bruises while loading luggage and bike protector and corner guards for bumper.
Thank you. I thought the reflectors that I saw at the bottom of all 4 doors were actually puddle lamps - I went into this impression because I saw the puddle lamp below the ORVMs. Thanks for suggesting this - I will get this during the first service.

I so wish I could get all those protectors, but most of those accessories that Toyota had came with Chrome and I love not to see chrome on my car
I will look for them after-market. And with respect to the Ceramic Coating/PPF, I have concluded not to get anything done and protect the paint with my own maintenance skills.

And yes, I got the rear bumper step guard (even if it had chrome) - I urgently needed this as the first thing our furry-friend does is to try to get into the boot as soon as he sees the boot-lid open and I did not want his strong nails to rip our new possession
msarunms1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 18:45   #3168
BHPian

So, we took the delivery of our brand new Toyota Innova Crysta ZX AT Avant Garde Bronze yesterday evening from Nandi Toyota, Whitefield.

Pretty excited and still exploring the car features!

Some pics to share:
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-inkedwhatsapp-image-20220706-6.42.19-pm.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20220706_164902.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20220706_164915.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20220706_164932.jpg
Thumping Soul is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 19:11   #3169
BHPian

Is there anyway that 80/120 km/hr speed alerts can be deactivated?
Old 7th July 2022, 20:53   #3170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Try normal mode in city and see if with your driving style accomplishes higher mileage in City, worked for me.
Thank you for your inputs. I think that normal mode would work for me too. Eco mode feels way too sluggish. So, too the advice and currently driving in normal mode. Let's see how well the car performs.
Also, do you guys do tankful to tankful method or rely on MID numbers?
My figures are for tankful to tankful method.
Mannu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 20:57   #3171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
So, we took the delivery of our brand new Toyota Innova Crysta ZX AT Avant Garde Bronze yesterday evening from Nandi Toyota, Whitefield.

Pretty excited and still exploring the car features!

Some pics to share:
Attachment 2330427
Attachment 2330428
Attachment 2330429
Attachment 2330430
Congratulations on your new drive. I think Toyota is producing most of the Zx AT in Avant Grade Bronze color. Mine is the same (Got it within a week of enquiry in April this year)
Wishing you miles of smiles on your drive
Mannu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 23:33   #3172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your inputs. I think that normal mode would work for me too. Eco mode feels way too sluggish. So, too the advice and currently driving in normal mode..
The only time I have benefited out of using Eco mode is in dense traffic where normal mode would provide excessive acceleration. Rest of the times I have realised that Eco mode leads to sluggish acceleration which will require you to press the accelerator longer and this just negates the idea of svaing fuel. This only proves beneficial if one is mentally prepared to drive really sedately. In medium traffic which involves acceleration between signals or junctions, Eco mode is bad. Instead in normal mode I just briskly accelerate and then continue with a light foot after reaching the speed required or even coast. Should try using PWR mode since I have hardly used it in the last 20k kms.

Last edited by audioholic : 7th July 2022 at 23:34.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 14:26   #3173
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your new drive. I think Toyota is producing most of the Zx AT in Avant Grade Bronze color. Mine is the same (Got it within a week of enquiry in April this year)
Wishing you miles of smiles on your drive
A similar story. We booked the car on 26th June and took delivery on 6th July. Exactly 10days later.

We initially wanted either Pearl White or Garnet Red. But considering the waiting period for these colors, we asked the dealer for availability and the sales manager suggested this one. And the color itself looked great. So went ahead.

Just one observation, we were out yesterday evening and I realized none of the three stalks - wiper, headlight & turn indicators and the cruise control, were illuminated. Is this standard across innova. Earlier even my Nexon had illuminated stalks.

Am I missing something here?
Thumping Soul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 17:05   #3174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
Exactly 10days later.
Lucky! I had to wait two months for the Garnet Red (ZX AT).

Quote:
I realized none of the three stalks - wiper, headlight & turn indicators and the cruise control, were illuminated. Is this standard across innova.
Yep. What irked me further: even the start-stop push button and the gear level are not illuminated, until lights are turned on. I have basement parking so I have to turn on parking lights to get a sense of where these are. (Part of getting used to I guess - once muscle memory kicks in, I wouldn't need them lit)

Another issue: The rear sensor warning comes very late and comes on only when an object is fairly close. As with other cars, I'd have preferred the sensor display to come on immediately on engaging R, so I can see it real-time.
Old 10th July 2022, 01:38   #3175
BHPian

Quote:

I did not quite fully understand one thing though. Why does the MID show 14 KM / 100 Litre instead of 14KM/Litre? Is there some setting that I am missing?
You can change this in the setting. Keep the Display button on steering wheel pressed and it enters into a settings menu, where you can change if you want to see kms per ltr or ltrs per 100 kms.
slylenser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 06:25   #3176
Senior - BHPian

I was driving in some extreme rains over the past two days. I notice a small patch of wetness in the roof lining. This is just above the third row seats.

I’m hoping this is something minor. For now, there is a dent to my peace of mind.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-819b34c6b81f4b33b40813807938bfde.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-8c26cec78a2643e1a39591b749fcf9e0.jpeg  

Last edited by jkrishnakj : 10th July 2022 at 06:26. Reason: Spelling
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 07:21   #3177
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I was driving in some extreme rains over the past two days. I notice a small patch of wetness in the roof lining. This is just above the third row seats.
Is this behind the driver's side or the other? There used to be a coil in the rear, can try switching off the rear AC and see if this is to do with condensation or any blockage. Haven’t heard about the leaking Innova roof.

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th July 2022 at 10:59. Reason: my- any
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 08:23   #3178
Senior - BHPian

Thanks turbanator.

This is on the rear 3rd row, passenger side. Maybe the rear AC because the car was full with 6 people and the rear AC was on most times for the last two days. Nevertheless I’ll visit the service centre on my return.
Old 10th July 2022, 08:49   #3179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Never heard of a roof leak in an Innova!

Having said that, this is really weird. Have you checked if there is any debris like leaves in the channel below the hatch hinges? Or the roof trim (this is clip on AFAIK)

Have you, by any chance, installed any roof rack or garnish outside?

I would get it checked for both your and the car's health. (Dampness can cause fungus)

Last edited by sridhu : 10th July 2022 at 08:50.
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 10:17   #3180
jav
BHPian

The rear ac is on the right side and almost at the bottom and this damp spot looks like its on the left top so i doubt its related to rear ac, the only thing that i can think of is the roof shark fin antenna might have a slight gap so get that checked out too on your visit to the service center

Quote:

I’m hoping this is something minor. For now, there is a dent to my peace of mind.
jav is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks