Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2022, 11:41   #3151
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
since the prices might go up on 1st July.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Confirmed with my SA, no such imminent price hike.
I take my words back. Just got a call from my SA. Prices for the AT variant hiked by 80k and manual by 50k, both ex-showroom.

Absolutely ridiculous.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 13:23   #3152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I take my words back. Just got a call from my SA. Prices for the AT variant hiked by 80k and manual by 50k, both ex-showroom.

Absolutely ridiculous.
Recently there was an article I read saying that FDs will have more ROI than Equity Mutual funds in 2022. But Toyota will beat both and offer more ROI if you invest in a Crysta.
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 16:18   #3153

Quote:
Has anyone installed TPMS?
Yes. I have it installed on my Crysta. It is not the bolt on type. Toyota will install, test ,and calibrate it. However, the TPMS does lose its accuracy. In case, the pressure falls below 29 it alerts us with a series of beeps. You can turn it off manually.

I usually check the TPMS reading when the car has been standing overnight. However, over time my observation is that the TPMS's accuracy seems to be slipping. Maybe it needs re-calibration. I carry my own tyre inflator and have a habit of periodically checking at home and ensuring the levels are accurate (especially before any long drives).
Old 3rd July 2022, 16:28   #3154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Recently there was an article I read saying that FDs will have more ROI than Equity Mutual funds in 2022. But Toyota will beat both and offer more ROI if you invest in a Crysta.
OT: I paid for the Crysta in full (the day it was manufactured, forget being invoiced to me) so the price hike doesn't impact me. So, my car has appreciated even before delivery.
libranof1987 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 19:14   #3155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I feel half lucky since I have escaped the latest price hike by a whisker while agonisingly enduring two price hikes during the interregnum between my booking and delivery
Old 3rd July 2022, 21:56   #3156
BHPian

Even I got the delivery last Thursday. GX AT 8-Str. A narrow escape from the price hike.

Went out for a longish 150 KM drive today. The average fuel efficiency varied from 10 KMPL to 14 KMPL (as per the MID).

Moving from a Scorpio to Crysta, I miss the high seating position. In fact, I am still in the process of finding that sweet-spot seat position.

But yes, the AT feels so breezy. While the Eco mode is just adequate (and takes time to listen to you), the City mode is good enough for most city and highway drives. And the Power mode literally makes the car fly!

Wired Android Auto works seamlessly. The ride quality is multiple folds better than that of the Scorpio. The 4 speaker audio is decent (although I would have loved a bit more of bass).

I did not quite fully understand one thing though. Why does the MID show 14 KM / 100 Litre instead of 14KM/Litre? Is there some setting that I am missing?
Old 3rd July 2022, 22:03   #3157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msarunms1987 View Post
I did not quite fully understand one thing though. Why does the MID show 14 KM / 100 Litre instead of 14KM/Litre? Is there some setting that I am missing?
I believe it is 14L/100 km translating to a fuel efficiency of ~7km/L.

Not familiar with the Crysta but this is a common way of depicting mileage in many cars. There should be a setting in the MID to change it to km/L
anandhsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 23:01   #3158
Senior - BHPian

I will be part of the price hike :| Mine is getting delivered at the end of this month or next month start.

80 thousand is a big hike for the AT, stupidly high.

I have a question, I want clarification from you guys.

I don't want any accessories with the car, the price before the hike was quoted at 26.08 to me, I negotiated it down to 25.20 without any accessories except mudlaps, teflon coating and anti rust as freebies along with the car but the dealer is adamant that I pay 26.08 and he will give me the amount back as cashback in a couple of days in the same account I paid him from, is that what your dealers have told you too?

Now with the price hike, I will have to pay him almost 26.90 and he will refund the 90 back.

Last edited by humyum : 3rd July 2022 at 23:06.
Old 4th July 2022, 00:42   #3159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Now with the price hike, I will have to pay him almost 26.90 and he will refund the 90 back.
Never heard of this refunding business. Get it in writing and go ahead if you trust the salesman and dealer. Exercise caution.
Old 4th July 2022, 00:51   #3160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
Never heard of this refunding business. Get it in writing and go ahead if you trust the salesman and dealer. Exercise caution.
He emailed me in writing that the excess amount will be refunded to me in 5 to 6 working days after delivery, they are calling it 'cashback'.

Suddenly with the price rise, my calculations on all this are going a little haywire as this was anyway a little out of budget to start with but with my mom having gone through cancer and dad entering his 71th year, their dream of owning a Crysta is all I care about.

Anyone has any contacts in Toyota I could touch base with? I am really wanting to confirm this.

Last edited by humyum : 4th July 2022 at 00:54.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 01:24   #3161
BHPian

Quote:
He emailed me in writing that the excess amount will be refunded to me in 5 to 6 working days after delivery, they are calling it 'cashback'.
Nobody is giving any discount on Innova, if they have given it in writing, go ahead on good faith. Toyota will not confirm anything as discounts are a discussion between you and the dealer. Why antagonise the dealer by contacting Toyota before delivery?
Good luck with your purchase.

Last edited by Stolidus500 : 4th July 2022 at 01:25.
Stolidus500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 04:36   #3162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There are no discounts on Innova, cash back maybe on the insurance or any other stuff you are buying from the dealer. In which case, it is possible and you should be Ok. Toyota dealerships are usually large groups and seldom will you find doing anything unethical.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 05:44   #3163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
I believe it is 14L/100 km translating to a fuel efficiency of ~7km/L.

Not familiar with the Crysta but this is a common way of depicting mileage in many cars. There should be a setting in the MID to change it to km/L
Actually, you are right! Simple mathematics - I should have thought about this.

In that case, my FE actually hovered between 7 and 10 KMPL

I will have to look for ways to see if the settings can be changed. If anyone knows it already, please advise.
Old 4th July 2022, 08:34   #3164
Senior - BHPian

The Litre-per-km is a better metric as it can be used to compare. Engineering Explained has an excellent ... er ...

And it can definitely be switched around - from the settings panel in the last screen of the MID display

Last edited by sridhu : 4th July 2022 at 08:39.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 17:34   #3165
BHPian

Completed a 1900 km drive in my 2019 Innova Crysta GX 2.8 Auto 8 Seater. The trip was from Mumbai to my native place in Rajasthan and back to Mumbai, in a span of 3 days. The journey started with me and my parents and we were joined by my grandparents on the way back from Rajasthan.

The roads were quite good apart from a few bad patches, mostly in Maharashtra. Apart from that, I noticed random potholes, right in the middle of the road where your tyres would be. Many road users drove in lanes of their own to avoid the potholes. The Innova however, moved over most of them without upsetting the passengers.

Driving duties were split between me and my dad. We would switch when one of us would get tired or feel lazy.

Most of the journey was done in Eco Mode, as the car becomes too sensitive to throttle inputs on the Power mode, causing the passengers to move around quite a bit. Overall on this trip, we managed to get around 13 litres for every litre of diesel. This meant we had to make only 3 fuel stops for the whole trip. The 2.8 oil burner has enough torque to overtake cars in a jiffy, even when cruising at triple digits speeds. The engine was quite happy to be going on all day without any troubles.
Additionally, I love how Toyota has done the high-speed alert. The beep is loud enough to make the driver aware of the speed the car is doing, at the same time, not being intrusive enough to make you want to slow down.

Reading a few posts above, I am glad to have a rear defogger alongwith the wiper, in the GX variant. Catching heavy downpours multiple times in the journey, these two combined gave me enough confidence to have greater visibility and carry on with the journey.

While going towards Rajasthan, my mom took advantage of the 'boss mode' front seat where she would remove the headrest of the front passenger seat and recline it all the way back to have nice support for her calf while she sat in the middle row.
Apart from the chiller in the dashboard up front, the third row cup holders came in handy as well to keep our drinks cold.

While coming back, after spending a day relaxing at our native place, the third row was also used. Me, 5'10'', and my dad, 6'0'', could fit in the seat. The stuff in the boot, however, had to be adjusted to allow us to recline the third-row seat to make it a bit more comfortable. That being said, neither me nor my dad could sit in that seat for more than 200 km at a stretch. The high floor made us keep our legs in a weird position which would cause cramps and pain at around the 200 km mark. So one of us sat in the third row and we switched every 200 km or so.

Even with all the rows up, the Innova offers enough space to store luggage. The interior of the car also is spacious enough and allowed us to get creative. For instance, a duffle bag was made into a make-shift 'armrest' in the second row of seating for my grandparents. Space in the car was abundant.

The size of the vehicle also helps when you are on the road. Other road users do notice you and combined with the surge of torque and your sheer presence, overtaking became way too easy on the highway. The higher seat position also allowed us to spot traffic far ahead and make use of engine braking to make the ride as jerk-free as possible. The Innova is a heavy car and you do realise it while applying the brakes.

Sitting in the third row made me realise the lack of insulation on the car. The wheel wells made an awful lot of noise every time we drove over water or when pebbles were thrown out of the rear wheels. The lacklustre music system also fails to make a nice impression back in the third row.

While the music system is still manageable, has anyone made any changes/upgrades to make the sound insulation better on the Crysta?
Mechb63 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks