Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2022, 02:14   #3001
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
We can tumble both the sides. It's 60:40 split with slide and one touch tumble.
Thank you. So there is fundamentally that issue where that part of 40% (single seat) is on right side which makes cabbies to make people ingress and outgress through right side doors. Isn't this a design flaw? Don't remember previous gen Innova working like this. Even Marazzo, Xylo,Ertiga etc also has their 40% part on left side.
Old 30th April 2022, 07:52   #3002
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5252rpm View Post
Thank you. So there is fundamentally that issue where that part of 40% (single seat) is on right side which makes cabbies to make people ingress and outgress through right side doors. Isn't this a design flaw? Don't remember previous gen Innova working like this. Even Marazzo, Xylo,Ertiga etc also has their 40% part on left side.
Noticed it just now. The 40% part is on the RHD. Can't remember any other MUV, including older Toyota's that had it like this. That said, I can't remember anytime I have gotten into the 3rd row via the RHD. It is always the LHD side. Only reasons for the cabbies to do that, that I can think of:

1. If people are sitting in the second row, folding the 60% bit would involve getting two passengers out, unlike the 40% where only passenger have to get out.

2. Usual taxi jugaad, they may have done something. Frequent folding and tumbling may lead to seats going loose in the long term. They might want to leave the sethji side of the rear seat tight.

3. It is easier for them to fold the RHD side, since they wouldn't have to go around the vehicle to tumble the seats on the other side.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 07:59   #3003
BHPian

The reason for 40% of the seat to be on the RHS is because the Right Rear Door is used minimally - this is because passengers use the Left Door to avoid traffic coming behind from RHS. i.e. as a safety precaution. AFAIK even sideward opening rear hatch doors were hinged on the right side for the same reason.

In "Left Hand Drive" countries (i.e. non-commonwealth countries that didn't adopt RHD), traffic is on the other side, so its the other way around.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 30th April 2022 at 08:00.
Old 30th April 2022, 11:19   #3004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post

3. It is easier for them to fold the RHD side, since they wouldn't have to go around the vehicle to tumble the seats on the other side.
Yeah it is same. But is there a rationale why Toyota kept it like that unlike many MUVs on sale? This design invites accidents especially in Taxi application.

There should be a reason why Toyota bought this change but cant think of anything right now. Else it could be a miss while re-engineering LHD to RHD.
Old 30th April 2022, 12:38   #3005
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5252rpm View Post
Yeah it is same. But is there a rationale why Toyota kept it like that unlike many MUVs on sale? This design invites accidents especially in Taxi application.

There should be a reason why Toyota bought this change but cant think of anything right now. Else it could be a miss while re-engineering LHD to RHD.
True.

But can't attribute this to LHD<->RHD conversion, since the Innova is developed as a RHD vehicle. Though IMO, the Japs don't really discriminate between RHD and LHD markets in model difference.

The only reason I can think of is either they wanted a bigger opening area for the third row egress/ingress or they wanted the sethji section of the 2nd row bench to be the bigger section. Less contours and the armrest moves with the leftside section reclining.
Old 1st May 2022, 11:03   #3006
Senior - BHPian

The multimedia system in my car used to go to dark mode whenever the headlights were turned on. For last two days it is not going dark and staying in the default theme. I did not remember changing any settings, neither I could find a settings for this in the menu.

Does any one know what could be the reason?
Old 1st May 2022, 11:52   #3007
Senior - BHPian

OK. Figured it out. For other's information posting it here.
Display> Day Mode >OFF
Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 1743
Size:  141.7 KB
Day Mode option appears in the menu only when the headlights are ON. This is confusing.
Also the brightness settings in the MID system should not be at the max level. This will enable dark mode on the infotainment system when the headlights are on.
poloman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 22:21   #3008
BHPian

Are Handling/Logistics charges of ₹5000-6000 being levied by Toyota officially now? Checked with 3 different dealers in 2 states, their official quotes state the same. Last time I bought a Toyota in 2020, no such charges were levied. Furthermore, if I don't get Toyota insurance, my delivery gets delayed at the factory? This insurance bit was told by 2 different dealers.
Is this same all over India?
Stolidus500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 22:30   #3009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
Are Handling/Logistics charges of ₹5000-6000 being levied by Toyota officially now? Checked with 3 different dealers in 2 states, their official quotes state the same. Last time I bought a Toyota in 2020, no such charges were levied. Furthermore, if I don't get Toyota insurance, my delivery gets delayed at the factory? This insurance bit was told by 2 different dealers.
Is this same all over India?

These are all dealer tactics. Unfortunately, it is a seller's market now. You can choose to pay the premium and get the car on time or resist and wait till the time there is no one else ready to pay the premium. I hate to say this, but at this point, with the crazy waiting times, it is sensible to buy the car as soon as possible.
padmrajravi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 23:04   #3010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
These are all dealer tactics.I hate to say this, but at this point, with the crazy waiting times, it is sensible to buy the car as soon as possible.
Toyota plant's closed till May 20th. Till then no delivery is possible. After that dealers would be clearing the order backlog which I reckon will last till june end. By then Toyota would be ready with another price increase. This has been the most tense car buying experience. Who'd have thought buying a car at full price would be so difficult
Stolidus500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 15:56   #3011
Senior - BHPian

Completed 1000Km/1month service of my Innova. The ODO read 950KM. The bill came to 0/- and I think there was only a general inspection being carried out.

The ownership has been a total breeze so far. No niggles or rattles. Everything is functioning as expected. Servicing was a breeze with in and out in an hour. The workshop is located only a KM from my house. So no more leaves to take out car for service.

The mileage from start is 12KM/L mostly in the City with a max of 16KM/L on a trip to Hoskote. Have not taken the car for a proper highway trip due to daughter's exams. Next week onwards multiple >1000 Km trips lined up. Expecting a mileage close to 17-18KM/L on long trips going by the current trend.

I have seen Crysta owners reporting the DPF regeneration happening in 250KM intervals. But in my car it is happening on intervals of 400KM. May be since the car is new.

I am a very sedate driver and hardly cross 100KMPH even on highways, but this car is a real monster. In power mode, it lunges forward, surprisingly quick for a 2T car.

My daughter used to fight with my wife to sit in the front passenger seat. Now she is not even bothered and always settles in the mid row captain seats. The space management in the car is incredible. My dog also loves the space, who used to get uncomfortable and pant a lot in Polo.

I am a heavy sweater. So always prefer fabric seats. The non ventilated leatherette seats have been an issue for me. So got a Maruti accessory for a Toyota car.
Name:  990J0M999B7050_1.jpg
Views: 1783
Size:  13.2 KB
https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...90j0m999b7-050
Though the fitment is a little tight due to large sized seats on Crysta, it served the purpose. Lesson learned, ventilated seats are an absolute must in non fabric upholstered cars.

Overall, I would say if you are looking for a spacious, trouble free, 5/7 seater with a budget of 30L, go for Crysta with eyes closed. This can't go wrong.
poloman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 15:48   #3012
BHPian

I am planning to book an automatic diesel - can some crysta diesel owner confirm the service intervals? Is it 5k or 10K?
Old 9th May 2022, 15:55   #3013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbeth View Post
I am planning to book an automatic diesel - can some crysta diesel owner confirm the service intervals? Is it 5k or 10K?
For BS6 diesel, service intervals are 10k
Old 9th May 2022, 15:59   #3014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbeth View Post
10000kms/6 months is the service interval for Innova Crysta. Recommended service schedule for older pre-BS6 cars was 5000kms/6 months.
Old 9th May 2022, 16:23   #3015
Team-BHP Support

Is the Smile Package worth it? SA said it covers 1k, 10k, 20k service intervals, and costs about 11k. He admitted that total service cost for the above three services would be 16k.

What's the catch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks