Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2022, 12:27   #3136
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by msarunms1987 View Post
I am still in a dilemma whether I should spend a bomb on Ceramic Coating or simply stick to my routine of covering the car when in rest, wash it every week and wax-rub it every 2 months. I did this on my previous Scorpio and even after 12 years of life, it was still shining as new (barring minor scratches and dents). Even went through the Ceramic Coating related thread on this forum, but could not reach a conclusion. Any advise from esteemed members on if I can stick to my routine or if I should seek help from professionals - will be helpful.

Anyway, looking forward to meet our new ride and munching lakhs of KMs with it.
Hello,

I too got my Innova Crysta G AT model 3 weeks ago and had put all the below accessories:
1. Art leather seats
2. Door pad leather
3. Steering leather
4. Silver line in dashboard
5. Side Step
6. Bike protector
7. Chrome door handle
8. Fog lamp
9. Auto folding mirror
10. Rear bumper step-guard
11. Bumper corner protector
12. Full flooring mat
13. 360 degree camera
14. Spoiler extension
15. Baby seat (since mine is a 7s. This will make the 2nd row like a bench seat whenever needed).

I went with PPF + Ceramic coating, as this will save you from minor scratches and keep the shine for a long time. This will cost you anywhere between 75k to a lakh. This is purely personal choice.

The features of Z model that we cannot get retrofitted in the G model are:
1. Auto climate control.
2. Wooden cladded steering wheel.
3. Start button.
4. Ambient Lighting

I personally miss the Start button feature. Other things are just cosmetic. AC is so good in Innova that you don't need the Auto climate thing at all.

Thanks
nirleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 14:14   #3137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirleo View Post
Hello,

I too got my Innova Crysta G AT model 3 weeks ago and had put all the below accessories:
@nirleo, How much does it cost for the above extra fittings? The breakup would be helpful.

I have Carens Diesel AT booked. Thinking of spending few lakhs more and get Crysta GX auto and make it look like ZX. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Turbanator : 30th June 2022 at 00:55. Reason: Trimmed quoted post.
Old 29th June 2022, 15:29   #3138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
@nirleo, How much does it cost for the above extra fittings? The breakup would be helpful.

I have Carens Diesel AT booked. Thinking of spending few lakhs more and get Crysta GX auto and make it look like ZX. Thanks in advance!
Hi,

I got all of the accessories done at the Toyota showroom only and it costed me around 1.8 lakhs in total. I didn't want to go anywhere else, even though it would have costed less for sure. This is excluding the PPF, which I got it done outside, which costed me around a lakh.
nirleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 19:47   #3139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
Thanks to all the members here and their advice. I have finally booked the Toyota Innova Crysta ZX AT (Diesel) in Avant Garde Broze at Nandi Toyota! Have been promised delivery in a month! Keeping fingers crossed, hope to take the delivery soon & share pics with you folks.

Thanks once again to help me make this amazing decision!
Further update to my booking.

I had booked the Innova through Nandi Toyota. Just today got an update that the vehicle has been alloted to me and they are pushing me for full payment by tomorrow (30th June), since the prices might go up on 1st July. They have shared the Chasis no. with me.

As per the dealer, only when the payment is complete they would get the car in their stockyard by Friday (1st July) and initiate the registration process.

Now this is where I got a little skeptical.

In all my previous purchases, I have typically made the payment at the time of delivery or closer to the delivery date, only after doing a full PDI.

So, I'm a little skeptical going ahead with full payment without seeing the car physically.

Please advise if anyone had similar experiences.
Thumping Soul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 20:33   #3140
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just today got an update that the vehicle has been alloted to me and they are pushing me for full payment by tomorrow
Wow, you're lucky! That's delivery under 10 days?

I don't see the problem in making a full payment now that you've received the VIN. Agree, payment post PDI is ideal but I was allowed to do so in only one out of four of my last four purchases. Thrice, I was told I'd get allotment only if I made full payment.

It is all a function of demand and supply, I feel. It is so skewed for the Crysta that if you don't play ball, there'll most likely be someone ready to agree to their policy for quicker delivery.

The Toyota dealer in Pune asked me to make full payment the day they found out I have been allotted a car (basically, my choice of variant and colour in the upcoming dispatch). That was two weeks back; and the car is yet to be unloaded at the dealer's!

Quote:
since the prices might go up on 1st July.
Good lord. I'll have to speak to my SA about this and ensure they manage invoicing before any hike. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 29th June 2022, 21:41   #3141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirleo View Post
Hello,

I too got my Innova Crysta G AT model 3 weeks ago and had put all the below accessories......
10. Rear bumper step-guard
14. Spoiler extension.
Thanks
Congratulations on your Crysta

What exactly is spoiler extension? Can you please post a picture?

And thanks, I did not think of Rear bumper step guard. I will add it to my list too.

I also realised the difference in number of speakers between GX and ZX: 4 and 6 respectively.

Which are the 2 missing speakers? Is it worth getting those 2 speakers from the dealership or is an aftermarket approach better?
Old 30th June 2022, 00:45   #3142
BHPian

My recently purchased Crysta 2.4 Zx AT has done close to 3000kms. The mileage I am getting seems very low. About 9kmpl in city and 11-12kmpl on highways. I rarely cross 100kmph.
I just wanted to know am I missing something here or how to extract best mileage.
Thanks in advance.
Old 30th June 2022, 07:57   #3143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannu View Post
My recently purchased Crysta 2.4 Zx AT has done close to 3000kms. The mileage I am getting seems very low. About 9kmpl in city and 11-12kmpl on highways. I rarely cross 100kmph.
I just wanted to know am I missing something here or how to extract best mileage.
Thanks in advance.
My Crysta ZX AT has also done 3000Km. The mileage is as follows
City : 11kmpl
Highways: 15-16kmpl depending on the load.
Average so far : 13.6kmpl
I always drive in Eco mode. Since Crysta is a heavy vehicle, the key for a good mileage is avoiding sudden accelerations and decelerations particularly in highways.
poloman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 08:02   #3144
Senior - BHPian

On my 2.8 AT, I get about 11.5 inside City and about 13 on the highways. My highways are always in Eco mode and my city drives are in Normal. I’ve never had a chance to use ‘Power’ mode. I don’t even know if that switch works. ��
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 09:03   #3145
Senior - BHPian

A lot of discussion on accessories happening. I just thought I will share safety related thoughts of mine:

The Zx version has side impact airbags. Please don't add steps etc which will interfere with sensors. Not sure if there are any other restraints for whiplash other than head rests. If so, then do not add rear bumper 'guards' either

The front bumper is an absolute no-no for any version

Last edited by sridhu : 30th June 2022 at 09:10.
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 09:25   #3146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
since the prices might go up on 1st July.
Confirmed with my SA, no such imminent price hike. I think your dealership is trying to trick you into early, full payment.
Old 30th June 2022, 09:48   #3147
BHPian

Quote:

As per the dealer, only when the payment is complete they would get the car in their stockyard by Friday (1st July) and initiate the registration process.
Yes. They will initiate registration process once they get the full payment. But they will allow you to have a look at the vehicle in their stock yard.
In my case, bought Crysta from Nandi on 2019 October and I asked them to have a look at the vehicle before making full payment and they agreed.
They told me, very rarely people will come to see the vehicle in stock yard.
I took the vehicle from Nandi, Kudlu Gate.
kavu75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 11:17   #3148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msarunms1987 View Post
Congratulations on your Crysta

What exactly is spoiler extension? Can you please post a picture?

And thanks, I did not think of Rear bumper step guard. I will add it to my list too.

I also realised the difference in number of speakers between GX and ZX: 4 and 6 respectively.

Which are the 2 missing speakers? Is it worth getting those 2 speakers from the dealership or is an aftermarket approach better?
This is the Roof Spoiler Garnish, as they call it.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-roof-spoiler-garnish.png

I am not sure about the speakers. The ones in GX are good enough for me. If you want more speakers, you can easily get it fixed outside for better price.
nirleo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 15:31   #3149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
My Crysta ZX AT has also done 3000Km. The mileage is as follows
City : 11kmpl
Highways: 15-16kmpl depending on the load.
Average so far : 13.6kmpl
I always drive in Eco mode. Since Crysta is a heavy vehicle, the key for a good mileage is avoiding sudden accelerations and decelerations particularly in highways.
I drive in Normal mode mostly, but will try Eco mode and note the mileage. The only issue is Eco mode feels very lethargic.
Also, usually what tyre pressure do you maintain.
Mannu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 21:36   #3150
BHPian

Quote:
Further update to my booking.

I had booked the Innova through Nandi Toyota. Just today got an update that the vehicle has been alloted to me and they are pushing me for full payment by tomorrow (30th June), since the prices might go up on 1st July. They have shared the Chasis no. with me.

Now this is where I got a little skeptical.

In all my previous purchases, I have typically made the payment at the time of delivery or closer to the delivery date, only after doing a full PDI.

So, I'm a little skeptical going ahead with full payment without seeing the car physically.

Please advise if anyone had similar experiences.
Further update to the purchase. The car has arrived in dealer's stockyard and I'm going for a PDI tomorrow morning!

Following our Team BHP's standard PDI checklist. Hope everything comes out clean!

Delivery is promised for 6th July!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks