Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2018, 23:11   #1516
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

I was pleasantly surprised when Nandi Toyota's feedback team called me to ask about how was my experience at their showroom. Apart from the routine questions and ratings, there were open questions to ensure whether I need another test drive or any other information from them. This is apart from the regular follow up call from the rep.

This is the first time I am coming across a company taking feedback on a visit to their showroom for an enquiry. I am impressed! All said and done about the pricing of the Crysta and niggles, I am really happy with the treatment which is top most among the other visits (MS, Hyundai, TATA) and most professional one.

Well done Toyota!
Old 27th April 2018, 08:16   #1517

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
So the inevitable has happened! Front LHS Tyre developed a bubble.

Planning to replace the front pair with 225/55 R17.

Any quick reviews will be of great help.

My major concern is that what if the tyres rub against the wheel wells during full compression.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego28 View Post
the Ride quality and grip has increased considerably.
It rides a lot more planted and confident at higher speeds.
i keep the Tyre pressure at 31~32 Psi compared to 35+ i had to maintain in turanzas because of weaker sidewall, which gives a comfortable ride at lower speeds.
Adding links to the reference posts.
post#1244
Post#1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by essrags View Post

Ok, already included in the proforma.

Thanks so much for your help!
A quick update. All PO formalities done and registration must have happened yesterday. I will get delivery either today or tomorrow, based on accessories and my convenience.

Very excited and looking forward to take delivery!

Keeping the issues faced by members and also exchange value of tyres, should I try and get it changed at the showroom itself? Have not checked with Nandi yet - but wanted to check here if it is advisable to change at the time of purchase or wait to see if any issues crop up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
This is the first time I am coming across a company taking feedback on a visit to their showroom for an enquiry. I am impressed! All said and done about the pricing of the Crysta and niggles, I am really happy with the treatment which is top most among the other visits (MS, Hyundai, TATA) and most professional one.

Well done Toyota!
They are pretty good. Even I experienced the same thing. And best of all, they seem to listen and record what you say. In my case I said I will take 15 days to decide and they did not call until 15 days were over! :thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited by benbsb29 : 27th April 2018 at 08:28. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
Old 27th April 2018, 17:33   #1518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Keeping the issues faced by members and also exchange value of tyres, should I try and get it changed at the showroom itself? Have not checked with Nandi yet - but wanted to check here if it is advisable to change at the time of purchase or wait to see if any issues crop up?
If its Nandi Toyota Museum road branch, I am pretty sure I saw a Innova being delivered along with mine and had 235 section tires. Don't remember if it was V or Z. The SA did mention they have replaced tires on behalf of customer and more than happy to do on my car if I liked to. Check for the price, they give a good discount if booked before delivery.
Old 28th April 2018, 15:56   #1519

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
If its Nandi Toyota Museum road branch, I am pretty sure I saw a Innova being delivered along with mine and had 235 section tires. Don't remember if it was V or Z. The SA did mention they have replaced tires on behalf of customer and more than happy to do on my car if I liked to. Check for the price, they give a good discount if booked before delivery.
I am talking to Nandi Hosur road. The person I spoke to said they used to do it, but now have stopped based on TKM instructions. So she said the only option is toget it done outside. Not sure how much of it is true! Will need to check again!
In any case the registration is delayed due to paper work with the lease company. I expect it only next week. Gives me sometime to finalize!
essrags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 15:35   #1520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post

10. We missed the OTR comparison here. Comparable variants of Hexa are significantly cheaper than Crysta.
We are missing OTR comparison here, agree. At the same time are we also not missing the difference between two T badge's ?
Old 30th April 2018, 17:03   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
We are missing OTR comparison here, agree. At the same time are we also not missing the difference between two T badge's ?
. Other differences between vehicles are already discussed. Price v/s features was missing, hence added.

And, if brand value is the only criteria, then of course, the big T wins !
Old 2nd May 2018, 22:28   #1522
BHPian

Innova Crysta - Nav Maps update

Dear All,

I have realised that Toyota is using IGO Primo as the maps, I did try to update the maps using naviextras toolbox but somehow it's not picking up the SD card. Wanted to know if anyone had luck with the update ?

Regards
Motorheart
Old 7th May 2018, 11:03   #1523
Senior - BHPian

Hi

I have been looking for ways to ferry my bicycles in my Crysta.

The roof rails cant be mounted as they do not have the footings for the new Crysta and the strap mounted cycle carriers that go on top of the hatch cannot be used a the spoiler that is standard on a Crysta is fibre & will break under load.

Methods came back with a towbar mounted rack that seems perfect. But now a new problem has cropped up: Nandi Toyota has said that they dont have a factory issue towbar and cannot install one, therefore.

Anybody have any idea where I can source a good quality one and get it installed? Thanks.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 11:39   #1524
BANNED

Trailer hitch receiver
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-19226.jpg
...is what is needed to mount a trailer hitch receiver ball mount
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-51mbpnyyncl._sl1001_.jpg
...on which that methods bike rack will fit.

If you get a trailer hitch receiver you can buy a bike rack that will mount directly on to the trailer hitch receiver. Ball mount not required.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-81ivtrdmgrl._sl1500_.jpg

Trailer hitch receiver for Innova. This and other model available in SE asian region for Innova Crysta. If some vendor/shop can import it for you then it will be easy.
https://massulit.com/cars-and-automo...ova-2016_i4153

Trailer hitch receiver mounted bike rack.
https://www.amazon.com/Critical-Cycl...dp/B06WW71B5N/
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 08:16   #1525

Finally all formalities completed and I took delivery of the Red Touring Sport on Saturday, which coincidentally happened to be my birthday as well!

I will write up a detailed post on whole process soon.

Just posting delivery pics!

Last edited by essrags : 8th May 2018 at 08:20. Reason: I can't see the pictures I uploaded as attachment.
Old 8th May 2018, 09:18   #1526
Senior - BHPian

I just confirmed an annoying thing in the 8 seater Crysta.

In the middle row, the earlier Innova had the single seat on the left when you are driving the car. This is obviously the right place as it gives quick access to the last row with minimal disturbance -only one person needs to get off.

See images from my old Innova

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-_dsc7520.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-_dsc7518.jpg

The Crysta, on the other hand, has the single seater on the right. This means, to access the last row, either 2 people have to get off or you need to access it from the traffic side.

See the seat on the Crysta
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-2nd-row_dsc7556.jpg

No doubt this is an artifact of hurriedly bringing a global, LH drive car to India quickly but it does reflect a lackadaisical attitude to safety, in my opinion.

Last edited by sridhu : 8th May 2018 at 09:24.
sridhu is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 09:19   #1527
BHPian

Quote:
Finally all formalities completed and I took delivery of the Red Touring Sport on Saturday, which coincidentally happened to be my birthday as well!

I will write up a detailed post on whole process soon.

Welcome to Team Bhp family. Congratulations on your new ride and belated happy birthday.
Wishing you many happy miles and smiles for years to come.
Drive safe.
Old 8th May 2018, 09:22   #1528
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Please go through http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html as well as http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/. Will greatly help you.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 13:04   #1529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
I just confirmed an annoying thing in the 8 seater Crysta.

No doubt this is an artifact of hurriedly bringing a global, LH drive car to India quickly but it does reflect a lackadaisical attitude to safety, in my opinion.
I thought the Innova was majorly sold in RHD markets. That said I am really not sure the reason behind swapping the seats and agree these pose safety concerns .I own 2008 Innova as well and in reality however I hardly found this to be an issue in the Crysta.
Old 8th May 2018, 13:44   #1530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I thought the Innova was majorly sold in RHD markets. That said I am really not sure the reason behind swapping the seats and agree these pose safety concerns .I own 2008 Innova as well and in reality however I hardly found this to be an issue in the Crysta.
Certainly not a major issue, I agree. More in the nature of an irritant and a reflection of how Toyota seems to be treating the Indian market - as a milch cow that only needs to be fed the barest minimum.
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed