Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2018, 13:50   #1531
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Certainly not a major issue, I agree. More in the nature of an irritant and a reflection of how Toyota seems to be treating the Indian market - as a milch cow that only needs to be fed the barest minimum.
On a different note, I remember you mentioning your gear shifts have become a bit notchy. How is it now? Reason I am asking is, I had this issue during October-Jan time period and now post 10K service the shifts are quite good. Just wondering if it has anything to do with time of the year where in the gearbox oil takes more time to hit the ambient temperature?
Old 8th May 2018, 15:34   #1532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
On a different note, I remember you mentioning your gear shifts have become a bit notchy. How is it now? Reason I am asking is, I had this issue during October-Jan time period and now post 10K service the shifts are quite good. Just wondering if it has anything to do with time of the year where in the gearbox oil takes more time to hit the ambient temperature?
I am also facing gear shift issue. My problem is with reverse gear only. When I slot the reverse gear, sometimes it wont engage the gear properly and when I release the clutch, an annoying gears grinding noise comes. We need to disengage the gear and reengage it. Some times we need to try 2 or 3 times to engage the reverse gear. Recently took the car to the service station and they did the clutch bleeding. Problem persists and the service station has no solution. Gears other than reverse gear, are very smooth.
Old 8th May 2018, 17:56   #1533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You might be on to something.

I can't say I have noticed the hard gear shift of late. So the temperature might have made it better.
Old 11th May 2018, 23:37   #1534

Update: We were on our way to Mysore for a holiday and we suffered a tyre burst! :banghead: It happened very close to Srirangapatnam.
Called 24/7 assistance for replacing the spare - just to ensure there is record of this incident. Waiting for them to come.
essrags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2018, 05:34   #1535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by essrags View Post
Update: We were on our way to Mysore for a holiday and we suffered a tyre burst! :banghead: It happened very close to Srirangapatnam.
Called 24/7 assistance for replacing the spare - just to ensure there is record of this incident. Waiting for them to come.
That is bad.

Hope everyone is alright.

Do you have the 17" wheels?
Old 12th May 2018, 07:24   #1536

Quote:
That is bad.

Hope everyone is alright.

Do you have the 17" wheels?
Yes, we are fine. It was the world famous 17" wheels.
It was a full car loaded with stuff and we were 30 kms away from Mysore. Thank God there was no traffic on that busy stretch at the time when it happened. It was day 1 of a 10 day holiday.
We also experienced a rare delay in service from Toyota road side assistance. We raised the complaint at 11 and they did not assign it to anyone till 12:20 and then the person came closer to 1.
He also concurred on the issue with the 17 wheels. I do need to replace the tyre as I do not want to continue without an usable spare. The mechanic offered an used tyre for 2k to use as spare for now and think I may go for it. But it has also left me worried about the condition of the other OEM tyres - a rare lack of confidence in my vehicle for the rest of the journey.
Also thinking if I should replace all tyres with 225/55 ones as suggested in this forum. Hopefully some shop is open today given it is election day here.
essrags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2018, 10:17   #1537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had not driven the Crysta in a long time (i normally use the Jazz in the city & only take the Crysta on the highways.) It is driven by the driver otherwise.

After your post, I replied based on memory; this morning, I decided to drive it to get a feel.

I am sorry to report that the notchiness in shifting is alive & kicking. So, temperature does not change it.

I am very convinced that it is a clutch issue.
Old 24th May 2018, 23:42   #1538
VEA
BHPian

Is the ZX audio system capable of playing FLAC or any lossless audio formats through any of the inputs? Is it compatible with ALAC from ipod? Does it use the onboard dac or the ipod dac if it all it plays from ipod?
Old 25th May 2018, 06:15   #1539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
Is the ZX audio system capable of playing FLAC or any lossless audio formats through any of the inputs? Is it compatible with ALAC from ipod? Does it use the onboard dac or the ipod dac if it all it plays from ipod?
No, it can not play FLAC.

It can play / control the iPod fairly seamlessly.

Use your phone fit lossless playback stopped
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 20:28   #1540
BHPian

Hi All,

The first innova crysta delivery in Bangalore, Ever since it crossed 850 Kms, My car is going through tyre burst issues... today morning my third Bridgestone 215/55/17 also burst...Though i have maintained a pressure of 38 PSI, My bridgestone gave up....Now i am left with no choice other than to get rid of Bridgestone (215/55/17) and upgrade to something better.

My options are

Pirelli P7 - 225/55/17
Michelin - 225/55/17
CONTIPREMIUMCONTACT 2 - 225/55/17

wanted to know your thoughts and feedback.

~motorheart
motorheart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 22:44   #1541
Senior - BHPian

@motorheart: you might be better served by 'downgrading' to 16" rims.
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 17:51   #1542
BHPian

Quote:
@motorheart: you might be better served by 'downgrading' to 16" rims.

Thats true. But !

Today i upgraded all 5 tyres to Michelin Primacy 3t 225/55/17...
motorheart is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2018, 22:45   #1543
Senior - BHPian

DTE Power Control

Some of you many know that I was running a Unichip tuning kit in my Crysta, and in my final tune it was pushing 567NM and 214HP at the wheels. It was good. But i got bored with it, and i got fed up with certain things associated with it and decided that I needed a change. Having tasted great gains with Unichip I needed something more than a rail pressure tuning box. I needed something which is good enough as a replacement for the Unichip. But it had to be simple but should come with proof that it works. And so DTE Power Control happened and Unichip is for sale!

DTE is a German company and they are good. The quality of the connectors, the conduit etc is first class! The box for the 2.8D4D comes with a dyno test report done on a MAHA dyno at Germany with before and after figures. I will be getting the dyno run done at ARKA on the dynapack dyno sometime in future.

DTE i bought is an Injector duration and boost control box. It is not a rail pressure box.

I received it yesterday and installed it today. Installation was a bit difficult in the Innova because the engine is half under the windshield cowl and getting to injector no 1 was difficult and there was not enough space either. Rest were easy.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20180601_152714.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20180602_163956.jpg

This also happened sometime last week, did it myself. The wire you see is for DC-AC inverter not for gauge.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20180524_123506_679.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20180524_211545_160.jpg

Boostgauge is a simple mechanical gauge because I wanted to keep it simple. It is accurate enough and matches with the scangauge readings (PS: when no tuning box/Unichip is connected). With the tuning box connected I can see the altered boost value sent to ECU in the scangauge and the actual boost in the gauge.

Pyrometer has peak recall and warning feature and like the Auber it can drive an external relay at a set temp. Auber was functional but I didn't like the way it looked.

Last edited by Sankar : 2nd June 2018 at 22:51.
Sankar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2018, 11:01   #1544
Team-BHP Support

Re: DTE Power Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post

DTE i bought is an Injector duration and boost control box. It is not a rail pressure box.
Sankar,

Did you order this variant? I believe we can use this on a manual Fortuner (current generation) as well?

Also, do write about your experience with this box. In the past, I have got a Race Chip for my X5 but it was merely playing with Rail pressure and I got some faults after a while. I will like to try this if you advise.

https://www.chiptuning.com/en/toyota...rol-85901.html
Old 3rd June 2018, 12:08   #1545
Senior - BHPian

Re: DTE Power Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Sankar,

Did you order this variant? I believe we can use this on a manual Fortuner (current generation) as well?

https://www.chiptuning.com/en/toyota...rol-85901.html
The one in the link is a common rail box. They don't list the injector box on the website now, probably because of the low demand at the prices they were being sold for. You can contact them over email for injector box.

There is a another (same HW) injector box for 2.8D4D available from a UK based company at a lower cost. DTE supplies them with the box, but the programming inside is different.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks