Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2017, 07:51   #781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOfCars View Post
Has anyone tried to install the Auto Climate Control module in the lower G/GX variant? I recently saw an advertisement on one of the pages I follow on Instagram. Its based in Indonesia where this person has advertised the new Innova Crysta ACC console and seems like its a plug & play unit. Now my technical knowledge is next to negligible. So wanted to ask, if that's a possibility?

I don't think even if you get this, it would work. This is just a front control system on the dash, what about the motors that move the air circulation in different positions.
In the manual unit, these are controlled by a cable and adjusted by the manual rotary knob.
car_crazy1400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 09:09   #782
BHPian

Re: 4th Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthi.stark View Post
Despite paying so much money for the insurance, we were shocked to know that it would take 5 days only for the Insurance procedure!
The question to fellow BHPians is that is it normal for it to take that long or is it unusual?
I have claimed insurance for my swift on a couple of occasions. Insurance was always taken from the dealer, and it did not take more than 24- 48 hours for the claim to be processed. I last claimed about 5 years back, so not sure if things have changed since then.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 14:28   #783
BANNED

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:

My family is planning to pick up another car soon next month and Innova GX fits the bill perfectly but the dash looks too rudimentary for my liking at this price point with those lackluster manual AC control knobs.
Have you considered any other cars in this segment or was it Crysta unanimously? G/GX have the most undesirable dash and instrument cluster layouts given the price point of the car.
Old 2nd May 2017, 20:39   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
I won't recommend that as it is going to effect car warranty. Additionally try asking the guy approx price for this including both part and labour to guage the cost in India.. But this is the best option if it is plug and play. It's a good find. 😊
Yes, I believe it will void the warranty which I don't think is worth taking the risk for. I will surely ask him for the cost though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
I don't think even if you get this, it would work. This is just a front control system on the dash, what about the motors that move the air circulation in different positions.
In the manual unit, these are controlled by a cable and adjusted by the manual rotary knob.
Thanks for your reply. I too was guessing that it can't be this easy a fix. Although, I'm not sure of the complete mechanics behind, but does seem it will be a little too complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
Have you considered any other cars in this segment or was it Crysta unanimously? G/GX have the most undesirable dash and instrument cluster layouts given the price point of the car.
Well, its a little complicated story to start with. No car has been chosen as yet. Still jotting down a budget and the segment. The car is for my Dad who has been till now driving Hyundai Creta 1.6 SX+ CRDI for last 20 months or so. As he had a new long term assignment come up abroad in February this year, he sold the Creta to one of my close uncle who was keen on the vehicle. However, things didn't work out as my Dad would have liked in his new workplace and my parents are returning back to Chandigarh for good in the coming weeks and that's why a need for a new car. Our ownership with the Creta was quite joyful to say the least and the initial plan in Dad's mind was to pick up a Creta again once he is back. But I feel since he has already experienced it for a decent amount of time, its worth splurging money on something different.

At this moment considering Hyundai Creta, XUV 500, Innova Crysta & a very wishful thinking of maybe getting a facelifted 2013-14 make Fortuner with about 50-60k kms on odo. My mind is a bit confused between XUV W8 variant against the Innova Crysta GX. I have not been able to check the vehicle out in person as I have been out of country all this time, but looking from the pics GX looks quite rudimentary. Plan to go for extensive test drives when I come for a short holiday back home in early June. I am asking my Dad to hold his plans till then, otherwise he will surely pick up a Creta once again in the same trim & color.

Currently, we just have the Ford Fiesta Classic TDCI 2011 in the garage which has done about 75k kms on the odo(currently accumulating dust) and Dad plans to keep it as well as he loves driving it for his short runabouts. My VW Polo was sold in Dec 2016 as it was just lying vacant for good 8 months as I had been in UK all this time. So basically it'll be a car used 100% of the time just by my Dad, with 1-2 on board & mostly for their once a month outstation trips(Chandigarh-New Delhi or Chandigarh-Dalhousie). Monthly running would be around 1200kms.
Old 2nd May 2017, 21:19   #785
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
.....it'll be a car used 100% of the time just by my Dad, with 1-2 on board & mostly for their once a month outstation trips(Chandigarh-New Delhi or Chandigarh-Dalhousie). Monthly running would be around 1200kms.
Given the use case, it makes absolutely no sense to buy an MUV in the first place. Even assuming you buy one from an 'upgraded experience' standpoint, the GX will leave you sorely disappointed as it probably has less features than your dad's ex-car, and has extra seats he doesn't really need.

If you aren't averse to buying used and your dad loves the Creta, why not look for a new-gen Tucson? Good package overall (albeit pricey) and still compact enough not to be an elephant for in-city use. It's a newer car so probably won't find many in the used market, but doesn't hurt to try.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd May 2017 at 21:30.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 22:08   #786
BANNED

Quote:
basically it'll be a car used 100% of the time just by my Dad, with 1-2 on board & mostly for their once a month outstation trips(Chandigarh-New Delhi or Chandigarh-Dalhousie). Monthly running would be around 1200kms.
Just out of curiosity, how come I do not see Hexa in your list? I feel for the money you're prepared to spend on the GX, you'll get XT manual and it will also be an upgrade for you in terms of size, space, segment and even equipment.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2017, 02:40   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Given the use case, it makes absolutely no sense to buy an MUV in the first place. Even assuming you buy one from an 'upgraded experience' standpoint, the GX will leave you sorely disappointed as it probably has less features than your dad's ex-car, and has extra seats he doesn't really need.

If you aren't averse to buying used and your dad loves the Creta, why not look for a new-gen Tucson? Good package overall (albeit pricey) and still compact enough not to be an elephant for in-city use. It's a newer car so probably won't find many in the used market, but doesn't hurt to try.
Tuscon would have been an ideal upgrade to be honest, but its quite out of budget at this moment of time. We have never picked a pre-owned car in the past, and I'm not too sure my father is keen on the same. Won't be any harm to find a sparingly used car at a reasonable price, but I'm quite doubtful as its just been recently launched.

Regarding Innova Crysta, yes GX seems more of a downgrade feature list wise. But having lived with those endless features with the Creta, its just the ACC and electronically controlled OVRM's which felt essential. Touch screen Infotainment system can be installed with Sat Nav, Rear camera. Start/Stop button is more of a gimmick and the keyless entry are just flashy features to have. I'm sure I won't feel I would miss them if they weren't there. VX is worthy for consideration, provided I can convince Dad to splurge those extra 4-5Lakhs above the Creta. Need of a 7 seater is no where a priority, its just a car with a better ground clearance,essential safety features and decent size boot which is required, as we will be retaining a sedan in the garage anyways and somehow the options seems to be quite limited in this price bracket.

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, how come I do not see Hexa in your list? I feel for the money you're prepared to spend on the GX, you'll get XT manual and it will also be an upgrade for you in terms of size, space, segment and even equipment.
Well, we have owned two Tata's in the past and the ownership experience had left us with a lot to be desired for. I know it was more than a decade back and Tata has improved leaps and bounds in this time, but somehow my Dad is strictly against putting his money on either Tata or Maruti. Plus he is someone who sticks to what he likes. He bought the Ford Fiesta back in 2006 which was sold when clocked close to 1,00,000kms and replaced it with the Ford Fiesta Classic in 2011. I was a bit annoyed when this had happened and I have a hunch, I'm in for a Deja vu this time again with the Hyundai Creta. So trying hard to convince him otherwise. Tata Hexa, unfortunately for us won't even make it to the discussion table.

A small query, How does the Innova Crysta drive in comparison to the XUV 500? I know the previous Innova was a little too bland and it was all about plush and comfortable ride for passengers. I've read the new engines are much more peppier and involving to drive. Which one is more engaging to drive between the two - XUV 500 and Innova Crysta?
Old 3rd May 2017, 03:16   #788
BHPian

Quote:
At this moment considering Hyundai Creta, XUV 500, Innova Crysta & a very wishful thinking of maybe getting a facelifted 2013-14 make Fortuner with about 50-60k kms on odo. My mind is a bit confused between XUV W8 variant against the Innova Crysta GX. I have not been able to check the vehicle out in person as I have been out of country all this time, but looking from the pics GX looks quite rudimentary. Plan to go for extensive test drives when I come for a short holiday back home in early June. I am asking my Dad to hold his plans till then, otherwise he will surely pick up a Creta once again in the same trim & color.
I would say you shouldn't be thinking too much here. For the use case listed, the Creta makes perfect sense. Your dad has been very satisfied with the car and who wouldn't be? The Creta is a competent vehicle. He used it for just 20 months. No harm in buying it again and keeping it for a long time. Just make sure he picks up the SX(O) version this time as it gets 6 airbags. Or else make him try the automatic variant this time. The latter makes a good case for itself for the ease of driving it offers.

The Innova while a very good car to be chauffeured in or even to drive doesn't make sense if only 2 people would be using it most of the time. The interiors of the GX variant are very drab and just adding an infotainment system won't help that much. Also, it would be much less fuel efficient than the Creta.

The XUV5OO is a good car too but again the interior quality can't match up to the Creta and after sales experience is a hit or miss too. Besides, the use case doesn't need a car that big. Rather save some moolah right now by getting the Creta again and use the additional funds for the next upgrade.

Cheers!
amansanc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2017, 07:17   #789
BHPian

The Innova Crysta Touring Sport model is going to be launched by May 4th.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/auto/st.../1/943450.html

The article says that, "It will also sport all-black 17-inch alloy wheels". Thought Toyota had taken a decision to discontinue 17" size on the Innova Crysta after many customer complaints of tyre burst etc. Toyota had gone back to standard 16" size on all Innova Crysta MPVs.

May be Toyota fixed some design issues or are they going to give 'better quality' tyres this time on the 17" alloys for the Touring Sport edition.
Old 3rd May 2017, 07:52   #790
BANNED

Quote:
A small query, How does the Innova Crysta drive in comparison to the XUV 500? I know the previous Innova was a little too bland and it was all about plush and comfortable ride for passengers. I've read the new engines are much more peppier and involving to drive. Which one is more engaging to drive between the two - XUV 500 and Innova Crysta?
Engine wise it is the Crysta that is more involving to drive - be it in the city or on the highway. Performance is simply superb. The near flat torque curve starting as low as 1400 rpm all the way till 2800 rpm ensures good drive-ability and I have experienced it thoroughly for a good 1000+ kms. Power mode makes the car go crazy! XUV on the other hand is a free revving engine with lot less clatter and better refinement but it has to be worked upon to get things going - especially in stop start traffic.

Steering wise it is the XUV which has the upper edge as it is more easier on the biceps than the Crysta. So my guess your Dad may not like the heavy steering of the Crysta.

Space wise since you have Creta as one of the contenders, both XUV and Crysta should only exceed your expectations so no clear winner here.

Interiors, creature comforts and other features - the W8 is a clear winner and there is simply no comparison.

Ride quality wise it is a close call but it is the Crysta that comes out on top. But per my experience you should keep the tyre pressure down to 30-32 psi for a comfortable ride and anything above it; things get choppy.

Looks - subjective so no winner as such here.

Overall upkeep costs and resale - it is the Crysta that wins due to Toyota's legendary quality and demand in the resale market. Even when it comes to replacing tyres, the XUV running on 17 inchers will cost nearly 1.5 - 1.6 times the cost of Crysta's 16 inchers.

Hope this helps
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2017, 08:15   #791
Senior - BHPian

Re: 4th Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Another sad news is that the Innova was rear ended on RH corner while it was parked and some ghastly damages were inflicted on it for none of its fault
Glad to note that Toyota was able to fix everything without a reason to complain.

Isn't the rear air-con's 'Air Handling Unit' sitting there behind the right rear wheel? Hope the unit and the associated plumbing is fine. I really think Toyota should move it somewhere more secure.
Old 3rd May 2017, 10:15   #792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Steering wise it is the XUV which has the upper edge as it is more easier on the biceps than the Crysta. So my guess your Dad may not like the heavy steering of the Crysta.
Before the Crysta ive been driving Swift P, Swift D, Polo, Vento and Octavia vRS. Among these cars the heaviest steering of them all was the Octavia RS. Crysta steering is buttery smooth compared to Octavia's and slightly more harder than the Suzukis and the VWs.

Recently i picked up a 2012 Nano and now the hardest steering of them all is the Nano's. When i drive the Crysta after the Nano it feels super light. So far I have driven 20500KMs (i'm the sole driver) in the Crysta and the thought of a hard steering has never crossed my mind so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Isn't the rear air-con's 'Air Handling Unit' sitting there behind the right rear wheel? Hope the unit and the associated plumbing is fine. I really think Toyota should move it somewhere more secure.
The air handling unit or the plumbing was not affected at all.

Last edited by Sankar : 3rd May 2017 at 10:17.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2017, 12:34   #793
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
....I have a hunch, I'm in for a Deja vu this time again with the Hyundai Creta. So trying hard to convince him otherwise....
With the Tucson a no-go, deja vu seems to be your best bet. Very rarely does one find a car perfectly matching their use case, and you don't seem to have anything against the Creta except prior ownership.

Your dad likes the car, it's a fully-loaded and competent current model and he'll be at home the moment he gets in. Rare perfect match, IMO, and best left alone given no real alternatives.

You can always move up segments later when requirements change and budget permits.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd May 2017 at 12:37.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 09:40   #794
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
The Innova Crysta Touring Sport model is going to be launched by May 4th.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/auto/st.../1/943450.html

The article says that, "It will also sport all-black 17-inch alloy wheels". Thought Toyota had taken a decision to discontinue 17" size on the Innova Crysta after many customer complaints of tyre burst etc. Toyota had gone back to standard 16" size on all Innova Crysta MPVs.

May be Toyota fixed some design issues or are they going to give 'better quality' tyres this time on the 17" alloys for the Touring Sport edition.
It comes with 16 inches, as can be seen on the Autocar india website
http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.as...4420&type=News
Old 4th May 2017, 15:01   #795
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota India has launched the Innova Crysta Touring Sport range from Rs 17.79 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.

Innova Touring Sport Petrol MT: Rs 17.79 lakh
Innova Touring Sport Petrol AT: Rs 20.84 lakh
Innova Touring Sport Diesel MT: Rs 18.91 lakh
Innova Touring Sport Diesel AT: Rs 22.15 lakh

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20170504125336_ino_launch.jpg

Quote:
the Touring Sport offers the option of two colours – a new Wine Red shade and a Superior White – and gets cosmetic tweaks to set it apart from the standard Innova.

The Touring Sport gets body cladding to give it a meatier look, along with plenty of chrome embellishments across the front, rear and flanks. Additionally, the strip between the tail lamps has been blacked out, and the MPV also gets black alloy wheels. Upfront, the grille gets a new "smoked chrome" finish, along with similar treatment to the headlamp inserts.

The Touring Sport is available only as a seven-seater with captain seats for second row occupants and all-black leather upholstery. In terms of equipment, the Touring Sport is similarly equipped as the top Innova Crysta ZX. This means, you get a touchscreen infotainment system, auto climate control, electric adjust driver seat, LED projector headlamps and cruise control. On the inside, it gets a unique gauge cluster with red lighting, red stitching on the leather-wrapped steering wheel, seats and console box.
ACI

Last edited by RavenAvi : 4th May 2017 at 15:03.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks