Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2024, 18:17   #6286

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCamShaft View Post
Congratulations on your Hexa purchase, and wish you a great driving experience for years to come. Stick to every 6 months service cadence with TASS , and Hexa will serve you very well.
Hi. I really liked the points which you have listed to take care of this beast. But I am stuck with the availability of AT Cooler. I have even wrote to Tata Motors customer care, and to 5 dealers and even ordered from Boodmo but none of them could help.
Can you please help me in getting the AT Cooler?

Last edited by graaja : 19th January 2024 at 18:19. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Please quote only a small or relevant part of a post
Old 19th January 2024, 19:22   #6287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc15523 View Post
But I am stuck with the availability of AT Cooler. I have even wrote to Tata Motors customer care, and to 5 dealers and even ordered from Boodmo but none of them could help.
Can you please help me in getting the AT Cooler?
I probably got lucky enough to get it done through TASS at the time. So far I'm hearing that this part is hard to come by anywhere since. Have you placed the order officially through any of the TASS, if not, that is the starting point. To my awareness even after you place the order, there is a backlog/waitlist thereafter. However once officially your order has been placed through TASS, you have a handle to your request. You can ask the TASS for the order details and then follow-up with CRM of the TASS and TaMo customer care asking for timelines.

If they aren't able to honor the timeline, the escalation path would be the TaMo Customer Care Manager, and then the Regional Service Manager in that order. That way, you have a path to resolution. Unfortunately this is also the only way to resolve this ask.

Last edited by TheCamShaft : 19th January 2024 at 19:23.
TheCamShaft is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 19:30   #6288

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCamShaft View Post
If they aren't able to honor the timeline, the escalation path would be the TaMo Customer Care Manager, and then the Regional Service Manager in that order. That way, you have a path to resolution. Unfortunately this is also the only way to resolve this ask.
I haven't yet ordered from TASS. Will doing it tomorrow and then I will follow the path you have recommended. Many thanks for your advice.
sc15523 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 16:22   #6289

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
If it's the noise of fins then Tata A.S.S. should have tried to educate the customer and if it's second one then it is also well rectifiable and one such case has already been discussed on the forum here.
I just got a well maintained Hexa as the prices for an Innova are through the roof in the aftermarket. My engine has the same issue I feel the rubbing sounds though minor are distinguishable from any other type of sound. I took the car to the TASS and the same explanation, I was even made fun of when the rep asked if I had driven a 2.2 cc + car, I have driven Innova’s before they never sounded like this. TASS said this cannot be fixed and now I have come across this thread. Can someone help on what areas I can have TASS diagnose this issue. I have been a Ford and Maruti owner before and the cards have generally kept me away from service stations & now this. So i am here for an advice from the real gurus of the Indian Motor Scene.

My model is Hexa XM 2017, 39k on the odo and well maintained the the previous owner (has had a closed parking spot through its life, driven by a single driver and maintained at TASS)
warbug is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 14:24   #6290
BHPian

Just got my car back from service. Mine is an XTA 2017 model done 80K KMs. The main purpose of the service was to get the AT Oil and AT oil cooler replaced. The TASS service team confirmed that they have both the oil as well as oil cooler in stock so I went ahead with the service. However, a day later they called and told me that the oil cooler is not in stock and an order has been placed with TATA. It was frustrating to hear this, but looks like the Hexa owners at this point have no choice.

Now I am stuck in a dilemma because I am planning a family trip this long weekend. I am unsure if I should take the car out for a long drive, because I always have the fear of AT failure at the back of my mind.

Moreover, TASS does not even have parts like engine mounts in stock. It is such a shame that such a capable product is being handled in this manner by TATA.
paddu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 14:36   #6291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddu View Post
Just got my car back from service. Mine is an XTA 2017 model done 80K KMs. The main purpose of the service was to get the AT Oil and AT oil cooler replaced. The TASS service team confirmed that they have both the oil as well as oil cooler in stock so I went ahead with the service. However, a day later they called and told me that the oil cooler is not in stock and an order has been placed with TATA. It was frustrating to hear this, but looks like the Hexa owners at this point have no choice.

Now I am stuck in a dilemma because I am planning a family trip this long weekend. I am unsure if I should take the car out for a long drive, because I always have the fear of AT failure at the back of my mind.

Moreover, TASS does not even have parts like engine mounts in stock. It is such a shame that such a capable product is being handled in this manner by TATA.
My 2c's for your planned trip is,... just do it!

One way to verify if your transmission oil cooler is fine or not is by checking the coolant tank. If it's clear a blue and with no trace of any oil you can be rest assured that the oil cooler of the transmission is fine (no corrosion has happened to the separation plate inside the oil cooler).

We have so many parts in a modern car and if we start worrying about failure of each part before any trip, we will never enjoy the trip
anandtheleo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 22:49   #6292

Guys, I need one suggestion. My vehicle is 2018 model and covered 58K Kms. I didn't faced any issues with the transmission. Still is it viable to replace the ATF and AT Cooler? Or only replacing ATF will be fine? Kindly suggest.
sc15523 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 17:30   #6293

Quote:
Guys, I need one suggestion. My vehicle is 2018 model and covered 58K Kms. I didn't faced any issues with the transmission. Still is it viable to replace the ATF and AT Cooler? Or only replacing ATF will be fine? Kindly suggest.
Hello Bhpians,

Need your urgent advice and help. Yesterday i checked the Coolant Reservoir and found traces of oil. I yet to check the underbody. But at least now I am pretty sure that the AT Cooler has malfunctioned. I was already searching of the part since past 2 months but didn't got any updates neither from the Tata Motors, TASS or even Boodmo.
Now I want to escalate this matter to the senior most authority of TML. Can anyone share the contact details/email of the higher authority? Also if anyone can help with the part that would be really grateful.
Old 29th January 2024, 14:43   #6294

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
As promised, updating that the ATF has been changed for my Hexa, did it in KHT motors in Mahadevapura, Bangalore. They took approximately 3 days to finish the job. Unfortunately could not be present when they did the service, but was told by the mechanic that the oil had deteriorated considerably and it was a good decision to change it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theZULU View Post
Hello,

I have had the complete ATF flushed and replaced in my Aug 2018 XTA at 80K kms /4.2 yrs. Also got the AT oil cooler replaced as preventive. Total cost incl ATF plus one connecting pipe+ Oil Cooler + Coolant was approx Rs 25K.
The Task was executed at TASS and the technician was fully trained to do the job.
Hi I have gone through your post. I found traces of oil in Coolant reservoir. Can you help in getting the part from KHT Dealer or any contact number? I am searching for this part since past 2 months but no result?

Last edited by vb-saan : 29th January 2024 at 15:31. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another. Thank you!
Old 29th January 2024, 17:58   #6295
BHPian

Quote:
Hi I have gone through your post. I found traces of oil in Coolant reservoir. Can you help in getting the part from KHT Dealer or any contact number? I am searching for this part since past 2 months but no result?
Please drop me a PM and I will share the contact details of my primary SA and alternative SAs. I don't want to put their number out publicly and have them be spammed.
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 15:10   #6296

Hi, I am unable to send PM to you as I am not seeing the "send message" icon in the PM Tab. Let me know if any other way would work.
Old 31st January 2024, 14:56   #6297

Fellow BHPian, I am considering buying XTA version, however now a bit concerned about availability of AT cooler and TASS support in Gurgaon area. Can anyone form Gurgaon confirm if this is really that bad or just limited to certain other parts of the country ?
Old 19th February 2024, 14:28   #6298

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
As promised, updating that the ATF has been changed for my Hexa, did it in KHT motors in Mahadevapura, Bangalore. They took approximately 3 days to finish the job. Unfortunately could not be present when they did the service, but was told by the mechanic that the oil had deteriorated considerably and it was a good decision to change it.

The SA asked for my consent to change the oil cooler and given Zulu's feedback before I think it's part of the workshop manual to change the part during oil change (my guess, did not explicitly check).

Total service cost was 25k.

Not taken any long drive to check the difference in drive, but felt reasonably smooth on the drive back home from the workshop.
Hello.
I have a very basic question. What is ATF? As a preventive measure after reading here, I too wanted to get it changed at KHT Mahadevapura but the SA said that we need to only do the AT Coolant change (Oil change) + AT Cooler change (H/w part) ; and he is not committing to the 2nd part due to lack of part availability. Is this all that you got done? Or something more?
Old 19th February 2024, 16:17   #6299

Hi, has the ATF cooler changed during the process of ATF change?? Is the ATF cooler available in bangalore KHT ?? Thanks in advance
Old 19th February 2024, 17:15   #6300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
Hello.
I have a very basic question. What is ATF? As a preventive measure after reading here, I too wanted to get it changed at KHT Mahadevapura but the SA said that we need to only do the AT Coolant change (Oil change) + AT Cooler change (H/w part) ; and he is not committing to the 2nd part due to lack of part availability. Is this all that you got done? Or something more?
ATF = Automatic Transmission Fluid (oil).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigatorsasi33 View Post
Hi, has the ATF cooler changed during the process of ATF change?? Is the ATF cooler available in bangalore KHT ?? Thanks in advance
ATF cooler seems to be out of stock everywhere, I don't think Tata ever planned to keep this part in stock in large numbers as they had marketed their gearbox as sealed for life (which we know was humbug now). To be honest, when I gave my vehicle for ATF change, they themselves changed the ATF cooler as it was in stock then.

As I have mentioned above, if you don't have any oil mixed in your coolant tank you can 'assume' that your ATF cooler is good too and go only for a ATF change. It's better than doing no change, IMHO.
anandtheleo is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks