Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2022, 15:24   #6136
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

I am on the lookout for a pre owned Hexa XTA. Recently came across a 2019 model, 7 seater with ~32k kilometers on the odo and with extended warranty valid till November 2022.

The asking price is 16.8L by the dealer which I believe is too high even by Bengaluru standards. What should be an ideal price bracket to bargain with if checks at TATA ASC works out okay.
Suryendu87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 13:41   #6137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
I am on the lookout for a pre owned Hexa XTA. Recently came across a 2019 model, 7 seater with ~32k kilometers on the odo and with extended warranty valid till November 2022.

The asking price is 16.8L by the dealer which I believe is too high even by Bengaluru standards. What should be an ideal price bracket to bargain with if checks at TATA ASC works out okay.
Hi
I believe it is overpriced, that too because it is from a dealer. Just for reference below purchase of a 3 year old 2018 topend XTA with 28k on odo was done for 13.35 L. Seems reasonable.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...eview-398.html (Tata Hexa : Official Review).

Best case should be somewhere between 12.5 to 13 L in my opinion, considering low or no resale after few years down the lane and that too if well maintained mechanically.

Regards
CM
King CMR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 16:46   #6138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King CMR View Post
Hi
I believe it is overpriced, that too because it is from a dealer. Just for reference below purchase of a 3 year old 2018 topend XTA with 28k on odo was done for 13.35 L. Seems reasonable.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...eview-398.html (Tata Hexa : Official Review).

Best case should be somewhere between 12.5 to 13 L in my opinion, considering low or no resale after few years down the lane and that too if well maintained mechanically.

Regards
CM
Yeah, unfortunately BLR used car market is costly as compared to other states. I have made it clear to the dealer of my offer and will give it a pass if he doesn't budge.
Old 11th May 2022, 22:35   #6139
BHPian

Quote:
Recently came across a 2019 model, 7 seater with ~32k kilometers on the odo and with extended warranty valid till November 2022.

Hi Suryendu!

Unfortunately its a seller's market currently. The prices of pre-worshipped cars have increased in the tune of 50k to 1.5L over over the last one year. However, even with that consideration, asking 16.8 L is atrocious. I would suggest a realistic price of 13.5-14 Lacs, considering that you are in Bengaluru and the cars cost more there. For reference, I bought a pre-owned XTA at 12.5 lacs all inclusive, albeit in the Northern part of the country where car cost is a bit lower. You can add about 1 to 1.5 Lac to it for a well maintained car in Bengaluru.
Prashant1286 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 11:44   #6140

Quote:
Yeah, unfortunately BLR used car market is costly as compared to other states. I have made it clear to the dealer of my offer and will give it a pass if he doesn't budge.
@Suryendu
There is a resale posted in Olx for 2017 XTA model with 33k on odo. I couldnt PM you, probably due to my user membership level. Do check it.

- CM
King CMR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 12:13   #6141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King CMR View Post
@Suryendu
There is a resale posted in Olx for 2017 XTA model with 33k on odo. I couldnt PM you, probably due to my user membership level. Do check it.

- CM
Thank you.

Are you referring to the below? It's listed by the same dealer for a too high price of 15.45L. Not able to locate any other recent ADs matching the description. You can share it over here if you are referring to any other.

https://www.olx.in/item/tata-hexa-xt...iid-1687068352
Old 17th May 2022, 14:15   #6142

Quote:
Thank you.

Are you referring to the below? It's listed by the same dealer for a too high price of 15.45L. Not able to locate any other recent ADs matching the description. You can share it over here if you are referring to any other.

https://www.olx.in/item/tata-hexa-xt...iid-1687068352
Yes. Its the same. I thought we cannot post a olx link here in team bhp. So didnt post.
Yes. It is too high. Negotiate and bring it down. I am not sure of the difference between a 2019 XTA and a 2017 one though. Still the asking price for a 5 year old model is high, even by Bangalore prices.

- CM
King CMR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 16:55   #6143
BHPian

Posting my query here. Mods please delete, if this is not the appropriate thread.

I have been looking to buy a used Hexa for some time now in Delhi/NCR and have located a September 2018 Hexa XTA 7-seater, driven for around 42,000 km and maintained well. The owner has shared the complete service and insurance history with me and there are no red flags. The car is under extended warranty till September 2023 and should give additional peace of mind. The asking price is 12.5 lacs and it is surely negotiable. There are 3 issues:
a) The previous owner bought it on a company lease and when he left the company, he got the vehicle. The car is thus already second owner on paper. This would be an issue when I want to sell again in the next 3-4 years. I am highly skeptical of the resale value
b) The driver seat seems damaged and was swinging like a pendulum. I will ask him to get this corrected if the deal goes through
c) Since it's a 2018 version, the infotainment system is without Android Auto. Having used it extensively in my current car (Nexon), I am a convert. Would it make sense to update the HU to a compatible one aftermarket?

The car is definitely in good condition but I am mostly worried about the number of owners. From what I understand, it will not be hard to get a first-owner car at around 12-12.5 lacs. Given this, what should be my quote? Also, does it even make sense to go for a second-owner car if I want to keep it for 3 years and 50,000 km? Any guidance will be highly appriciated.
Old 4th June 2022, 11:03   #6144
BHPian

I have a Aug 2017 Hexa. For the past 4 months it has been parked and not used, though i used to crank it at regular intervals(twice a month). Up until now it was staring up just fine, but last week i went to crank the engine, the car was completely dead(even central remote locking was not working). I checked the hood and found no irregularities upon visual inspection. Could this be a battery problem or something else?
Old 5th June 2022, 18:44   #6145
BHPian

Please try to jump start once. Battery might have discharged below required capacity.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 20:45   #6146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbhav View Post
... but last week i went to crank the engine, the car was completely dead(even central remote locking was not working).
The battery. Get your local battery shop guy to charge the Battery. I dont thin a jump start would work in this situation. Also, do expect to have to change the battery in some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
a) The previous owner bought it on a company lease and when he left the company, he got the vehicle. The car is thus already second owner on paper. This would be an issue when I want to sell again in the next 3-4 years. I am highly skeptical of the resale value

c) Since it's a 2018 version, the infotainment system is without Android Auto. Having used it extensively in my current car (Nexon), I am a convert. Would it make sense to update the HU to a compatible one aftermarket?
A sensible buyer will overlook the numbers. If you can get some thing to show that the vehicle was a transfer from company to current user, you should be covered. I think he should have the paper work on this. When I had picked my CLC car, I had got some documents showing payment due to the company (residual value for me to get that car) etc. This owner should also have something. You could tell him that you are asking for such papers not for the price part, but for your concern.

The seat should be fixable. If he doesnt fix it, you could factor that into the price. Check with TASS how much would that cost. Negotiate accordingly.

You should be able to get the Android HU. Do check with reputed shops (not based on feedback ratings on YT etc.)

All the Best !

Last edited by condor : 5th June 2022 at 20:51.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 23:14   #6147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbhav View Post
I have a Aug 2017 Hexa. For the past 4 months it has been parked and not used, though i used to crank it at regular intervals(twice a month). Up until now it was staring up just fine, but last week i went to crank the engine, the car was completely dead(even central remote locking was not working). I checked the hood and found no irregularities upon visual inspection. Could this be a battery problem or something else?
Simply cranking the engine without driving (or idling) it for any considerable amount of time will only drain the battery faster, since cranking the engine pulls >500Amps of current, while the steady state charging current of the battery is typically <10Amps, just to give you an idea of the difference in magnitudes here.

Now, automotive batteries don't take very kindly to deep discharge, which is what I suspect may have happened in your case given that even the low power electronics like remote entry etc., aren't working. Hopefully you're able to resurrect the battery; else change it to a reliable brand - I've had a very good experience with Amaron.

Going forward, I would recommend that you either leave a trickle charger connected (Bosch has a model that they sell in India), or a regular battery charger that you leave connected for a few hours once a month, for extended periods of time that you're not going to be driving the car for.
vijaysrk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 13:03   #6148
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you.

Are you referring to the below? It's listed by the same dealer for a too high price of 15.45L.
Toyota Ravindu Used car division at Goreguntepalya has a XTA for quote price of 12.75 lakh. They were willing to come down to 11 range. Contact no. +919686757595 Name suresh. Can try if you are still in the market.
ASHUJNMC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 20:06   #6149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHUJNMC View Post
Toyota Ravindu Used car division at Goreguntepalya has a XTA for quote price of 12.75 lakh. They were willing to come down to 11 range. Contact no. +919686757595 Name suresh. Can try if you are still in the market.
Thanks for the heads up. However I have brought home a Hyundai Santafe (2015) in the meantime.
Old 21st June 2022, 00:41   #6150
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. However I have brought home a Hyundai Santafe (2015) in the meantime.
Enjoy! When I was looking, there were 2 SantaFe 2015 available. One was owned by some Mysore guy, and another at a dealer on airport road, which was not in great condition so left it..

I hope you had another option and got a very good deal.
Happy motoring.
ASHUJNMC is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks