Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2022, 10:40   #6166

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

I want to replace my XTA tyres. I am confused between Bridgestone Alenza and Yokohama geolandar X-CV. Please suggest if you have experience with these tyres.
Old 19th September 2022, 09:56   #6167
BHPian

Update on my XT 4x4 (bought in Jan 2019).

The Hexa has been munching miles, and has now done around 35k kms.

Did a long drive (around 12 hours one way) recently, from Delhi to Mandi (HP) and back, with 6 occupants (family). My mom and dad, both 70+, who have done similar long drives with me in the past also, were mentioning how comfortable and tireless the journey was, and were highly appreciative of the comfort Hexa offers. Heartfelt statements from people with no interest or knowledge of the vehicle.

All services have been done on time, and there have been no niggles/ issues or part replacements, making the ownership experience a pleasant one.

Changed the alloys yesterday. Switched from 16" Plati alloys to Neo. The Platis were 7.5J, and negative offset. As a result, they jutted out of the vehicle, and rubbed against the wheel well liner on full wheel turns. The Neos are 6.5J, and sit comfortably within the wheel well, with no rubbing issues. Running on Bridgestone duellers on the front axle and Michelin LTX Force on the rear.

Attaching a pic of the new alloys.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-20220919_083543.jpg  

nvldvr is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 20:01   #6168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Running on Bridgestone duellers on the front axle and Michelin LTX Force on the rear.
Since I got my Hexa in Dec 2019, I have driven around 39K with the stock Bridgestone Dueler 235/70 R16. In these 2.5 yrs within the city twice have faced punctures due to nails and have repaired the tyres from inside. I always use Nitrogen. Apart from the two puncture within city, have driven over good roads, no roads, stones etc with no issue faced so far and with absolute confidence. I can say that I am very happy with the stock Bridgestone tyres and when time comes would probably replace the stock with the same. But since you mentioned about Michelin and using both sets, i would like to know about your experience between Dueler and Michelin and any suggestion. Thanks in advance.
Mile_Breaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 20:12   #6169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
My mom and dad, both 70+, who have done similar long drives with me in the past also, were mentioning how comfortable and tireless the journey was, and were highly appreciative of the comfort Hexa offers.
The driving style also plays a part in making a journey non-tiring for the passengers. So you are due some credit for that too

Quote:
Changed the alloys yesterday. Switched from 16" Plati alloys to Neo.
They look lovely and purposeful. Didn’t the Hexa come with 19s from the factory? Did you switch to 16s for ride comfort?
Old 20th September 2022, 21:34   #6170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile_Breaker View Post
But since you mentioned about Michelin and using both sets, i would like to know about your experience between Dueler and Michelin and any suggestion. Thanks in advance.
Hi.

Michelins offer excellent ride quality, being softer compound tyres. At the same time, with the beautiful suspension set up of Hexa, the difference in ride quality between michelins and duelers will be very marginal, and barely noticeable.

I am not very sure about the side wall toughnesss of michelins, having experienced 2 side wall bursts. But then again, in both cases, the impact on the sidewall was significant. Misjudgement from me on both occassions.

I feel duelers will have a little better side wall toughness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
The driving style also plays a part in making a journey non-tiring for the passengers. So you are due some credit for that too

I agree that I am not an aggressive driver at all. :-)

They look lovely and purposeful. Didn’t the Hexa come with 19s from the factory? Did you switch to 16s for ride comfort?
I replaced the stock 19" alloys with Plati 16s almost immedietly after i took delivery of the Hexa. I felt the 19s tyres and alloys were very prone to cuts and bends, due to lower side profile. Wanted peace of mind in this regard, and hence compromised on the brilliant looks of the 19s.

It's a different story that i anyways ended up with 2 side wall bursts with 16s also, but as I mentioned, that was primarily due to misjudgement, resulting in substantial hits to the sidewalls.
nvldvr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 03:34   #6171

It's rare to see people downsizing their wheels. In North we mostly see upsized alloys and low profile tyres in mostly every car. I would say this is quite a cleaver modification. Well, apart from this, heard that plati alloys are poor in quality, did you face any quality issue with ur previous Plati wheels? And how's the quality compared to ur new Neo wheels?
Old 24th September 2022, 07:56   #6172
BHPian

My Hexa XT 4x2 MT, purchased in Aug 2019, has run 56,300 kms till date. Car came fitted with Goodyear Wrangler 235/65 R17 tyres. Car is used primarily for highway usage and consistently returned an average FE of 18-19.5 Kmpl. TASS support has also been good. Overall a happy experience till date.

Punctures had started happening quite frequently in the past 6 months. TASS has been mentioning that i need to replace the tyres but i delayed as the threads were still good. Yesterday while on NH one of the tyre (rear left) got completely damaged (multiple bursts). Now need to buy new tyre(s). Evaluating Bridgestone / Goodyear and all other major brands.

My priorities are ...
1. highway usage (with once a year hills travel),
2. ride comfort (top priority),
3. low road noise,
4. good FE and
5. durability.

Shall highly appreciate suggestions from esteemed forum members and Hexa users on the below ...

1. Which tyre brand / model is best suited for Hexa to meet my above requirements ?
2. Should I change all 4 tyres together ?

Last edited by SaurabhB : 24th September 2022 at 07:58.
Old 26th September 2022, 15:36   #6173
BHPian

I sold my Hexa XTA 2017 model, with ~99000 kilometers on the odo. It has been a good experience largely, minus some part failures and delay at services centers.

And yes, resale value is significantly less, when compared to Innova variants at same price band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhB View Post
1. Which tyre brand / model is best suited for Hexa to meet my above requirements ?
2. Should I change all 4 tyres together ?
1. Have experienced MRF, Micheline LTX Force and Yokohama Geolanders. While MRFs were decent, Yokohama and Michelines were better. Tyre life has bees around 40K kms for me.

2. Considering you have covered more than 50K on these tyres, I would say, change all of them.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 11:12   #6174
BHPian

Team - I own a 2019 Hexa XTA which came with a 7inch touchscreen Harman unit. All of a sudden, I am facing a weird humming noise from speakers and tweeter whenever the key is inserted into ignition. The Sound increases as soon as I crank the engine and can hear engine noise and revv noise through speakers.

Went to Rudra Motors TASS for diagnosis purpose, kept the car with them for more than a day, still they are not able to do an appropriate diagnosis and concluded that its an issue with music system citing they tried installing another 2017/1028 Hexa unit (old 5inch unit with physical buttons) and confirmed that sound is not coming after installing other system.

Unfortunately, I was not physically available over there when they conducted this test and car was already assembled back to its original unit by the time I could reach ASS and have to take their word as is.

Further more, They have the following suggestion
1. Replace the entire Harman unit which might cost be more than 50-75K, as the existing system cannot be repaired or at least they don't have the expertise to get it repaired.
2. Get an after market android unit installed.

Need suggestion to take this issue with TATA\Harman higher management, as this is completely unacceptable for such a flagship premium product. Also, does anyone have good reference for expert car audio technician in Pune who can help me with this diagnosis and repair if possible.
Jaeger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 12:02   #6175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
Team - I own a 2019 Hexa XTA which came with a 7inch touchscreen Harman unit. All of a sudden, I am facing a weird humming noise from speakers and tweeter whenever the key is inserted into ignition. The Sound increases as soon as I crank the engine and can hear engine noise and revv noise through speakers.
It seems like the alternator whine. This occurs due to ground connection issue. Please take the car to any good audio shop and ask them to check the ground connection of the audio system.

http://www.caraudiohelp.com/newslett...d%20equalizers.
ashis89 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 12:04   #6176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
I don't have a solution, but I think it will help others to better understand the problem and give some suggestions. It is not clear from the post if the rev noise is the only thing which comes out of the speakers, or the noise is in addition to the song being played. Also, does it change when you change the source of music: FM radio vs USB pen drive etc? One of the reasons of rev noise in speakers is improper grounding.

On another note, your 2019 Hexa could be under extended warranty. If so, it should be replaced under warranty.
speed79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 13:42   #6177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
I don't have a solution, but I think it will help others to better understand the problem and give some suggestions. It is not clear from the post if the rev noise is the only thing which comes out of the speakers, or the noise is in addition to the song being played. Also, does it change when you change the source of music: FM radio vs USB pen drive etc? One of the reasons of rev noise in speakers is improper grounding.

On another note, your 2019 Hexa could be under extended warranty. If so, it should be replaced under warranty.
The rev noise is coming through speaker with increase in rpm. Song noise is very low, and can only be heard a little after increasing the volume to max level

Unfortunately, the car just went out of standard warranty in Aug 2022 with no extended warranty support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
It seems like the alternator whine. This occurs due to ground connection issue. Please take the car to any good audio shop and ask them to check the ground connection of the audio system.

http://www.caraudiohelp.com/newslett...d%20equalizers.
I have tried with one car audio technician near by my place but no luck, will try with some other car accessories shop as well who deals with audio upgrades.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 14th October 2022 at 20:14. Reason: typo
Jaeger is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th October 2022, 22:10   #6178

Dear All,

Been chasing a used Hexa for a while and finally found one to my liking. 2018 XTA driven around 35K and well maintained by the owner. Know the owner thru a close friend and hence the trust side is alright. Asking price is around 15 lacs and i think maybe negotiable to around 14.5. Will go for it after a schduled inspection at a TASS in next two days and if they give a green signal. I have some questions and would be great to get some feedback if anyone can help;

1) Is this a fair/reasonable price? I see Hexa top end same year and similar run cars are all at 15.5 lacs plus these days in used car platforms. Any insight would be very helpful.

2) I need a 7 seater and nothing came close to Hexa for what it offers and want to give my family a good ride too with a reasonably usable 3rd row. Not looking for creature comforts beyond what a 2018 XTA offers already...So the choice of the car is well though through and I'm going for an automatic either way - Is city driving really very difficult? I found it alright apart from maybe the turning radius and the parking spot hunts, but the drive seemed alright to me in Bumper to Bumper traffic as well. I have driven the Hexa in almost all conditins now...Am i missing something or is it my confirmation bias? :-) any first hand experience on frequent city driving of Hexa Automatic would be hugely appreciated.

3) Jumping into this kinda appreciating what I'm getting into - it's a TATA and a heavy car at it and with TASS to live with...but spare parts availability...is it a real worry from an end user PoV? Especially if I end up in situations where this is the only car I would have for periods of few months stretches in a year?

Many Thanks!
ccsekhar2022 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 01:35   #6179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsekhar2022 View Post

1) Is this a fair/reasonable price? I see Hexa top end same year and similar run cars are all at 15.5 lacs plus these days in used car platforms. Any insight would be very helpful.
I too have been searching for Hexa Xt/XTA for quite some time. The price around 14 looks fine. From what I have learnt so far, used car dealers (except for Spinny and Cars24) usually reduce price by around 1L from listed price. Cars24 prices are inflated but not negotiable. So price looks ok.

Quote:
2) I need a 7 seater and nothing came close to Hexa for what it offers and want to give my family a good ride too with a reasonably usable 3rd row. Not looking for creature comforts beyond what a 2018 XTA offers already...So the choice of the car is well though through and I'm going for an automatic either way - Is city driving really very difficult? I found it alright apart from maybe the turning radius and the parking spot hunts, but the drive seemed alright to me in Bumper to Bumper traffic as well. I have driven the Hexa in almost all conditins now...Am i missing something or is it my confirmation bias? :-) any first hand experience on frequent city driving of Hexa Automatic would be hugely appreciated.
I used to drive Storme Vx 4x4 (manual) to office and i found it easier than taking Vista to office, automatic Hexa should be even better for city drives. When I test drove Hexa XTA, I found it's steering much heavier than Storme, so it could be a bit tiring driving in city. I have heard MT Hexa has lighter steering, but I haven't experienced MT yet. Also XTA eats up tyres in about 30K kms, but that is not a big cost. Turning radius of Hexa at 5.75 m is bit problematic as against 5.4 m of Storme. Despite all these smaller shortcomings, Hexa is a great car to own, and I am still searching for one.

Quote:
3) Jumping into this kinda appreciating what I'm getting into - it's a TATA and a heavy car at it and with TASS to live with...but spare parts availability...is it a real worry from an end user PoV? Especially if I end up in situations where this is the only car I would have for periods of few months stretches in a year?
Being Tata or being a heavy car is not a problem, but parts availability is real issue. It takes time to get parts. You need to have another car as a backup, as uncommon parts can take weeks. I got this information from fellow Hexa owners and from TASS where I had taken a 21k kms run Hexa XTA for inspection (l had to drop that Hexa as it had recurring Gearbox related issues in service history).
speed79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 07:29   #6180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsekhar2022 View Post

2) Is city driving really very difficult?.

3) Is it a real worry from an end user PoV? Especially if I end up in situations where this is the only car I would have for periods of few months stretches in a year?
1. Price - Around 14 should be good. And Trust factor plays an important role here.

2. Hexa automatic is very comfortable in city. Steering is on heavier side. And size plays a major role in getting you to destination.

3. Having this as only car is fine. But, non regular services may take longer.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks