Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2023, 14:08   #6256
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc15523 View Post
Hello BHPians,

Recently i have purchased a Tata Hexa XTA (2018 make with 47K on odometer) from Mahindra First Choice Mumbai. I have few queries:
1. As Hexa Auto is not installed with Hill Hold Control, can i install "Autobrake" function? This is an aftermarket solution by a supplier in Pune
2. I need to upgrade to LED as the headlight has very poor throw. Kindly suggest
3. What other things do i need to take care for the vehicle or rather i would i need to check frequently?

Kindly help.
Hexa XTA has hill hold. If it is not working in your car, get it checked.

Headlights are weak and require an aftermarket upgrade. Uglare LEDs are the generally accepted bulbs of choice in the Hexa community.

Get the automatic transmission fluid changed. This is the single most important thing you need to do. Also, for a 5 year old car, the timing belt will have to be changed. Get the differential oil changed as well. Have all hoses and pipes inspected.

Hexa demands maintenance at the 5-6 year mark. Refer my ownership review for further pointers. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...000-km-up.html (Tata Hexa XTA | Upkeep costs piling up after warranty expired | EDIT: Issues resolved & 140000 km up)

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 9th October 2023 at 14:31.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 14:00   #6257

Thanks Shreyans_Jain. Your response is definitely going to be of great help. I will take care of these during the service which i am planning to do this weekend.

Can you share the link for the Headlight Bulbs (UGLARE ones)?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th October 2023 at 14:01. Reason: spacing for readability
Old 12th October 2023, 14:53   #6258

Good day members,

I own a Tata Hexa XTA 2017 variant, and am based in Kolkata. Recently the car has developed issues with the Harman infotainment system. The electrical fuse inbuilt in the system blows when power is supplied.

I would be much obliged if anyone could suggest potential leads where I could get this problem diagnosed and fixed. Tata service centres in Kolkata has washed their hands off this issue.

Alternatively, I would like to request members to suggest options regarding replacing the existing infotainment system. I am keen on fitting a device that will maintain the quality of audio provided by the OEM Harman system and will be compatible with the 10 speaker JBL layout as existing.
Old 12th October 2023, 16:13   #6259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitd View Post
Good day members,

I own a Tata Hexa XTA 2017 variant, and am based in Kolkata. Recently the car has developed issues with the Harman infotainment system. The electrical fuse inbuilt in the system blows when power is supplied.

I would be much obliged if anyone could suggest potential leads where I could get this problem diagnosed and fixed. Tata service centres in Kolkata has washed their hands off this issue.

Alternatively, I would like to request members to suggest options regarding replacing the existing infotainment system. I am keen on fitting a device that will maintain the quality of audio provided by the OEM Harman system and will be compatible with the 10 speaker JBL layout as existing.
Not a straight forward method but try and see if there is someone in your city who repairs these units, it maybe something that can be repaired - will need some extensive search in the markets.

The reason I suggest that method rather than swapping the head unit is, OE head unit and speakers are often paired, that is the head unit will know what frequencies each of the speakers can produce and where its located etc, it may be a headache to tune after market head units to work with the same speakers - but if the repair option is not there, then that is your only option.
Old 13th October 2023, 16:12   #6260
BHPian

Guys need some help here. From some days an irritating noise is coming from engine compartment. As speed increases beyond 60kmph, a sports car type noise come from bonnet. The noise become very irritating as speed increases. Strange thing is that when I take left turn the noise goes and when the car comes straight the noise comes back. I inspected the bonnet area for any loose part but looks everything ok. Need help to get rid of this irritating noise.
Old 13th October 2023, 21:47   #6261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
Guys need some help here. From some days an irritating noise is coming from engine compartment. As speed increases beyond 60kmph, a sports car type noise come from bonnet. The noise become very irritating as speed increases. Strange thing is that when I take left turn the noise goes and when the car comes straight the noise comes back. I inspected the bonnet area for any loose part but looks everything ok. Need help to get rid of this irritating noise.
I would have suspected the exaust pipe, which is notorious for breaking in the Hexa. But your subsequent point of noise disappearing when turning negates that. Could also be some bearing gone bad. Did you recently drive through water and not take the car for some days?
If possible, please record a video with the sound and share it, would help to narrow down the issue.
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 16:18   #6262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
I would have suspected the exaust pipe, which is notorious for breaking in the Hexa. But your subsequent point of noise disappearing when turning negates that. Could also be some bearing gone bad. Did you recently drive through water and not take the car for some days?
If possible, please record a video with the sound and share it, would help to narrow down the issue.
Certainly the exhaust pipe is not the cause behind this noise as it would have been pointed out to me by others. Yes I have extensively driven the car in Mumbai rain this year and it was standing for eight days in parking when I was in Chennai for official work. But I can't remember when this noise occurred for first time. I will try to take the video with the sound and will share it.
Old 1st November 2023, 15:33   #6263
BHPian

Hey folks!
We are thinking about selling our Tata Hexa. Need some help:
1. Is it the right decision?
2. If it is, what should be our asking price?
Here are the details: - We have a 2017 model Tata Hexa XM, driven less than 20k km (yes, that's right - 17k to be exact). Atleast 90% of it has been on the highways. This is the car we use for our outstation trips and have two other cars (Dzire) for our day to day use.
We hardly drive it for 1000-1500 km YEARLY.
It cannot be used in the city due to the smaller roads and lack of parking.
Given that we are spending almost 25-35k yearly on its maintenance + insurance and hardly using it, we're thinking of selling it. Secondly, it's a diesel car so don't know when the bank would be extended to other parts of the country.
Does the conclusion to sell seem right? Given that it's a great car and they don't make such cars anymore.
Got an evaluation done at Tata showroom and the price quoted was very low. What should be the price we should sell it for?

PS: To put price into perspective, it was launched as an Innova Competitor which starts at 22L (on-road) and harrier/safari start around 18.
Old 1st November 2023, 22:29   #6264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi_dream View Post
Hey folks!
We are thinking about selling our Tata Hexa. Need some help:
1. Is it the right decision?
2. If it is, what should be our asking price?
Here are the details: - We have a 2017 model Tata Hexa XM, driven less than 20k km (yes, that's right - 17k to be exact). Atleast 90% of it has been on the highways. This is the car we use for our outstation trips and have two other cars (Dzire) for our day to day use.
We hardly drive it for 1000-1500 km YEARLY.

Got an evaluation done at Tata showroom and the price quoted was very low. What should be the price we should sell it for?

PS: To put price into perspective, it was launched as an Innova Competitor which starts at 22L (on-road) and harrier/safari start around 18.
I will suggest that you put your car up for sale in Team bhp Classifieds. You may get a better price and someone will get this great car, who can provide the right price.
Old 1st November 2023, 23:31   #6265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
I will suggest that you put your car up for sale in Team bhp Classifieds. You may get a better price and someone will get this great car, who can provide the right price.
Thank you! Could you please help me with any estimated price quotation that I could target, this isn't my area of expertise and I'm not sure how to get to a number that's fair.
Old 3rd November 2023, 05:05   #6266

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
I had to get my windshield replaced due to a stone hit on the highway.

Now the right side plastic trim on the windshield has become loose and is coming off.

Has anyone got it replaced and if yes, can you share part numbers ?
Hey! Did you happen to change the rubber part at the top as well? Somehow the part on my car came loose and I lost it, I wonder where.

I couldn't find a replacement part on Boodmo, and Tata service centre keeps ignoring my requests to provide me one. (I guess it's low priority for them)

But without this part, the plastic trim comes loose while driving due to vibrations and starts rattling.

Can somebody help find this part?

Attaching images from the left side for reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
I had to get my windshield replaced due to a stone hit on the highway.

Now the right side plastic trim on the windshield has become loose and is coming off.

Has anyone got it replaced and if yes, can you share part numbers ?
Hey! Did you happen to change the rubber part at the top as well? Somehow the part on my car came loose and I lost it, I wonder where.

I couldn't find a replacement part on Boodmo, and Tata service centre keeps ignoring my requests to provide me one. (I guess it's low priority for them)

But without this part, the plastic trim comes loose while driving due to vibrations and starts rattling.

Can somebody help find this part?
Thanks!

Attaching images from the left side for reference.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20231103_043909.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20231103_043912.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20231103_044337.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20231103_044007.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20231103_044412.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd November 2023 at 05:10.
SHEMOHDA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 17:06   #6267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
The car was checked at service station and found that damaged left front wheel bearing was the cause behind that noise. Due to lack of my attention towards wear out brake pads which eventually damaged the brake disk. This caused the damage to the wheel bearing which resulted into noise at high speed. Now replaced the brake disk and brake pads and repaired the bearings. Problem is solved for now.
Old 3rd November 2023, 17:32   #6268
BHPian

Quote:
Good day members,

I would be much obliged if anyone could suggest potential leads where I could get this problem diagnosed and fixed. Tata service centers in Kolkata has washed their hands off this issue.
I had a similar issue in my XTA wherein infotainment system went kaput all of a sudden. TASS was helpless and recommended to change the unit with an after market system.

I was lucky to find a guy in Pune, who is an expert technician in repairing all kinds of car audio systems, he got my XTA's system repaired in less than 1/10th of an after market Android system cost, which is running fine since last 1 year. Try to find such person\technician in your city, its worth a shot to repair and retain the original system.
Jaeger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 17:40   #6269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
I had a similar issue in my XTA wherein infotainment system went kaput all of a sudden. TASS was helpless and recommended to change the unit with an after market system.

I was lucky to find a guy in Pune, who is an expert technician in repairing all kinds of car audio systems, he got my XTA's system repaired in less than 1/10th of an after market Android system cost, which is running fine since last 1 year. Try to find such person\technician in your city, its worth a shot to repair and retain the original system.
Hi Jaeger,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I would also agree with you regarding repairing and retaining the same system. Do you know what exactly went wrong with your infotainment system and which component was replaced? If you do not mind, could you please share the contact of the technician who repaired your unit in Pune. Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 18:39   #6270
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Jaeger,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I would also agree with you regarding repairing and retaining the same system. Do you know what exactly went wrong with your infotainment system and which component was replaced? If you do not mind, could you please share the contact of the technician who repaired your unit in Pune. Thanks
I believe it was an issue with motherboard system port with insufficient current resulting in a continuous buzzing sound from twitters and no output from speakers, which was resolved by replacing an IC. The root cause as per Moshin (Technician) was due to few water droplets, which somehow made it till motherboard.

Here is the address of his shop (https://maps.app.goo.gl/1T85G98YBAmu4w5C9) , he is basically operating an authorize service center of Woodman, Hypersonic and Blaupunkt audio system and deals with other audio system issue and upgrades.

Last edited by Jaeger : 3rd November 2023 at 18:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks