Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2023, 09:42   #6241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

I had to get my windshield replaced due to a stone hit on the highway.

Now the right side plastic trim on the windshield has become loose and is coming off.

Has anyone got it replaced and if yes, can you share part numbers ?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20230628091116.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20230628091105.jpg  

Old 28th June 2023, 10:54   #6242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post

Now the right side plastic trim on the windshield has become loose and is coming off.

Please check it it's this part!

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-assy...e_lh-33017223/
Old 1st July 2023, 13:14   #6243
BHPian

As promised, updating that the ATF has been changed for my Hexa, did it in KHT motors in Mahadevapura, Bangalore. They took approximately 3 days to finish the job. Unfortunately could not be present when they did the service, but was told by the mechanic that the oil had deteriorated considerably and it was a good decision to change it.

The SA asked for my consent to change the oil cooler and given Zulu's feedback before I think it's part of the workshop manual to change the part during oil change (my guess, did not explicitly check).

Total service cost was 25k.

Not taken any long drive to check the difference in drive, but felt reasonably smooth on the drive back home from the workshop.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20230701_115632_12.jpg  

anandtheleo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 00:39   #6244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post

Yes I also replaced my windshield recently, and faced the same problem. Please check if the liquid rubber seal that was put between the windshield edge and it's housing has not oozes out of the edges of the windshield and hardened. In my case this was what was obstructing the side trim locks from locking since the trims are supposed to sit between the outer edge of the windshield and right up to the bed of the housing.

If you find that this is the reason then you will have cut away the excess rubber with a sharp knife and then try to fit the trims into their place.

The trims and locks are available on Boodmo Follow the sequence Boodmo ->Search By Veh -> OEM Catalog -> Body -> Windshield -> Parts Serial 3 & 4 Nomenclature 'Assy Windscreen Finisher' .

The diagrams are self explanatory.

Here is a link to one
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-assy...e_lh-33017223/

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
As promised, updating that the ATF has been changed for my Hexa, did it in KHT motors in Mahadevapura, Bangalore. They took approximately 3 days to finish the job. Unfortunately could not be present when they did the service, but was told by the mechanic that the oil had deteriorated considerably and it was a good decision to change it.

The SA asked for my consent to change the oil cooler and given Zulu's feedback before I think it's part of the workshop manual to change the part during oil change (my guess, did not explicitly check).

Total service cost was 25k.

Not taken any long drive to check the difference in drive, but felt reasonably smooth on the drive back home from the workshop.

Good to know you were able to Replace the ATF in time. Trust me you have virtually given a new lease of life to the AT.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd July 2023 at 05:15. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
theZULU is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 12:58   #6245

Many of the early owners are now at 5/6 year mark. Even for those with low running, around 5 year mark, ATF replacement is indeed a good preventive maintenance step. While you are at it, specifically for Hexa, replacing ATF cooler is a good idea.

Along with OEM recommend timing kit replacement, changing gearbox mount and the two engine mounts should also be done preventively for a smoother ride.

Hexa is a gem of a car and there is no proper replacement for it in current car market. The ROI from a well maintained Hexa, especially automatic, is highly justified as a new vehicle with Hexa's build, power, comfort and capabilities would easily be worth 35-40L in today's world. I have always felt that Tata made a judgement error here by not keeping a potent ladder on frame, RWD SUV in their offerings.
SuperKOUL is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 15:29   #6246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKOUL View Post

Along with OEM recommend timing kit replacement, changing gearbox mount and the two engine mounts should also be done preventively for a smoother ride.
You are right here, I did the timing belt change when my Hexa touched 1 lakh mark on the odo last November. I also had vibrations creeping in the body and had asked the ASS to address it, they changed the engine mounts and the difference was day and night. When I went to pick up the vehicle after service, I couldn't make out the car was on when all the doors were closed. Of course, the engine noise was heard when standing out.
anandtheleo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 02:34   #6247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
You are right here, I did the timing belt change when my Hexa touched 1 lakh mark on the odo last November. I also had vibrations creeping in the body and had asked the ASS to address it, they changed the engine mounts and the difference was day and night. When I went to pick up the vehicle after service, I couldn't make out the car was on when all the doors were closed. Of course, the engine noise was heard when standing out.
Next time you visit your TASS do get the similar mount cum vibration damper under the AT also replaced and then sit back and enjoy the almost etheral feel as your Beast just 'glides' ...

Regards
theZULU is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 17:16   #6248
BHPian

Yesterday, in late evening, battery of my Hexa (Dec 2018 manufactured, pre-owned, 28.5k kms on Odometer) died without a warning. I knew that battery was gone, as it was the battery which came with the car, and 4 years 9 months was too much as compared to other Hexa's battery replacement period. I was at a friend's house, and it being a Sunday evening I could not source proper battery for replacement. The one I could get (Amaron DIN74 quoted 11.5k sourced by Yokohama Club, Hennur Road) did not fit. So left the car at friend's place, and today morning got Amaron Go 105D31L 80AH for Rs 6300 with exchange of old battery from my neighborhood (OMBR) Amaron dealer. He came to my friend's place on Hennur Road, and replaced it. With new battery, the car cranked smoother than before.

I have been on look out for a good jump cable, but not able to find one. Where to find a good one? I have not heard good about the jump cables available on Amazon.
Old 26th September 2023, 20:09   #6249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theZULU View Post
Hello,

I have had the complete ATF flushed and replaced in my Aug 2018 XTA at 80K kms /4.2 yrs. Also got the AT oil cooler replaced as preventive. Total cost incl ATF plus one connecting pipe+ Oil Cooler + Coolant was approx Rs 25K.
The Task was executed at TASS and the technician was fully trained to do the job.
Some of my research suggests that at time of ATF fluid replacement, we should also replace the gasket and ATF filter along. This is not specific to Hexa but a general western practice on ATF replacements to my understanding. I'm not sure in India this is ever done. Did anyone check with TASS about this or had prior discussions about the same. Would be great to hear, thanks!
TheCamShaft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 12:45   #6250
BHPian

Folks, I am on the lookout for a 7/8 seater car in the pre owned space. Tata Hexa is one of the options I am considering. I know it is a discontinued car, but if I get a good example (low run, well maintained), I would like to keep it for 3-5 years before I swap for a new one.

In Bangalore, how is the support and spares availability for Hexa. Would reglar TAMO showrooms be able to service it in short time?

I am thinking between a pre owned XUV500 or a Hexa
Old 5th October 2023, 12:58   #6251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
Take a couple of test drives of both. One obvious advantage of the XUV 5OO is that the XUV is a running model series.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 20:07   #6252
BHPian

Quote:

In Bangalore, how is the support and spares availability for Hexa. Would reglar TAMO showrooms be able to service it in short time?
TASS in Bangalore is a little overwhelmed these days (since the last couple of years with sales exceeding service capacity), and any Tata car might take 2-3 days at the minimum to get back from service, even if it's routine maintenance. With that expectation set, yes, Hexa service is not a problem in Bangalore; you just need to plan your services accordingly.

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th October 2023 at 21:51. Reason: fixed quote. Spell. Proofread before posting.
TheCamShaft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 11:45   #6253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Folks, I am on the lookout for a 7/8 seater car in the pre owned space. Tata Hexa is one of the options I am considering. I know it is a discontinued car, but if I get a good example (low run, well maintained), I would like to keep it for 3-5 years before I swap for a new one.

A BS4 model around 2019-2020 would be your best bet. The odd number series W9, W11 with mHawk155 engine is actually a significant improvement from the previous versions. It wont come cheap but it has sunroof, Arkamys stereo , android auto / apple car play etc.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 12:40   #6254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCamShaft View Post
, yes, Hexa service is not a problem in Bangalore; you just need to plan your services accordingly.
Thanks. Will check out, hopefully I get a good example. I have seen a couple but not convinced entirely. If I land on a 4x4 that would be absolutely great, but it may not happen, literally no cars available in BLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Take a couple of test drives of both. One obvious advantage of the XUV 5OO is that the XUV is a running model series.
Agree, XUV 500 being a running model and most recently discontinued for the 700 spares and service will be a bit better. Let me check it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
A BS4 model around 2019-2020 would be your best bet. The odd number series W9, W11 with mHawk155 engine is actually a significant improvement from the previous versions. It wont come cheap but it has sunroof, Arkamys stereo , android auto / apple car play etc.
@Kosfactor, exactly what I am looking for. Pricing is not cheap definetely in BLR. Will keep checking around
Old 9th October 2023, 13:51   #6255

Hello BHPians,

Recently i have purchased a Tata Hexa XTA (2018 make with 47K on odometer) from Mahindra First Choice Mumbai. I have few queries:
1. As Hexa Auto is not installed with Hill Hold Control, can i install "Autobrake" function? This is an aftermarket solution by a supplier in Pune
2. I need to upgrade to LED as the headlight has very poor throw. Kindly suggest
3. What other things do i need to take care for the vehicle or rather i would i need to check frequently?

Kindly help.
sc15523 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks